• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
The more I hear about this king for a day thing the more confused and bewildered I am
Just think about these characters and how they would interact if they were pitted against each other using nothing but music inspired by their respective games/franchises/memes.

It's honestly the most exciting thing I've followed in recent memory, and the tourney has given me some new favorite bops and heartwarming character dialogue. Not to mention the fanart.

EKqD2lBWoAA5TK-.jpg
EK6fJhvUwAA51g.jpg
EKnK5JhXUAA6T_J.jpg

Geno should definitely get a buff should there be a KFAD3 tourney, especially if he makes it into Smash; talk about exposure! The only question is: who should they team him with?

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Geno should definitely get a buff should there be a KFAD3 tourney, especially if he makes it into Smash; talk about exposure! The only question is: who should they team him with?
If al gets to have Michael Jackson of all people then geno should get someone famous that he has ties too as well. My votes on cloud.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Hear me out: Team him up with Grovyle, give him PMD rips. Two fan-favorite characters from relatively obscure RPGs that are a spinoff of an extremely popular franchise...?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If al gets to have Michael Jackson of all people then geno should get someone famous that he has ties too as well. My votes on cloud.
idk why, but when I read this, I imagined Geno coming down from the sky in real life and awarding all the people that like him.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I wonder, though.. why is it Mallow/Smithy rather than Mallow and Smithy? Were they unsure of who it was or something?
I think it's most likely because they're from the same series. Notice how Proto Man and Zero aren't listed together despite both being from the larger Mega Man series. It's probably because they classify Mega Man Classic and Mega Man X as their own separate series.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
idk why, but when I read this, I imagined Geno coming down from the sky in real life and awarding all the people that like him.
I always pictured geno as one of those celebrities that would aggressively try to stay unrecognized in public because all the attention and praise would be overwellming and uncomfortable.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Just think about these characters and how they would interact if they were pitted against each other using nothing but music inspired by their respective games/franchises/memes.

It's honestly the most exciting thing I've followed in recent memory, and the tourney has given me some new favorite bops and heartwarming character dialogue. Not to mention the fanart.

Geno should get a stand and it should be David Bowie.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , speaking on this leak, isn’t it interesting to note that we have two Squeenix characters listed, but neither of them are Geno, while still fitting the Power of 6 and yet still relating to Geno in some way?

I think, if anything, this is 100% accurate and Geno would never have come back with Hero to begin with, but instead the Mallow hat/costume we saw from the leak. Geno was never going to come back as a costume to he left open for DLC, but the timeline of the second wave of DLC marching up and then the Chocobo/Mallow costumes being pulled from Hero + the leak would imply that Geno is 6 or 7, no?

Is there legitimately a chance that we could be seeing Geno on Thursday if they announce anybody from post-pass?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

Geno should 100% get Showdown Bandit. Includes rips from Modern Indie games (2011-onward) and horror material (FNaF, Silent Hill, etc).

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I'm sure its been said before, but I think one of the things that has me most potentially excited at a Geno reveal at some point is that it would be such a significant acknowledgement of Super Mario RPG that would essentially permanently enshrine it in a major title like Smash Ultimate.

Beyond the actual quality of the title, its a game whose feel was never quite recaptured again. Paper Mario/Mario & Lugi would have some great games, and SE output in Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest speaks for itself. But the unique blending of these two company's sensibilities like Mario RPG was, how they compensated for each other's respective weaknesses, and that wondrous sense of the Mario setting being explored in depth for the first time? It never happened quite like that again, and its made the game all the more meaningful because of it. Heck even in a title that feels so Final Fantasy esque in enemies and settings in hindsight, its remarkable how much those elements felt like they fit in a Mario franchise that had previously had the details of its universe on the peripheral.

Even putting aside the coolness of the character and stand out design, I believe that's why Geno is such a distinct figure to this day, because he does feel very much like the unique offspring of Square and Nintendo. A mysterious being from the stars above sent to help save the world; but in the form if a child's doll whose earliest act is bumping his head into a staircase. People will scoff at the notion of his relevance or how special he is, but in terms of gaming it honestly hard to think of other characters who have the kind of gaming parentage like he does other than someone like Mallow.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Uhhhh

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Sabi saids.... throw away Vergeben deconfirms
Out of Vergeben's exclusive deconfirm list, Level 5, Gordon Freeman, and Arle Nadja are the biggest contenders. I do think Arle might be FP5 because she is the closest to Daisy (I'm referring to Daisy Theory with Nintendo's tweet).

Cinderace

Smash Rookie
Thinking about it, the best stage for Geno might not be the Forest Maze, but rather Star Hill. As it makes a lot of sense with Geno talking about the place in detail to Mario when they first arrived there.
The stage could then have those gates and wishes scattered about.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
The idea is more that he would understand how unhealthy celebrity culture is for all parties involved. Definitely could see him make a corny anime protagonist speech about how we should be happy about being ourselves rather than always wanting to be like someone else because we think that's what's "better".

I think its possible that deep down he actually enjoys everyone joking about his dorkiness because he knows it's all in good fun, and losing that would just feel too wierd.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Out of Vergeben's exclusive deconfirm list, Level 5, Gordon Freeman, and Arle Nadja are the biggest contenders. I do think Arle might be FP5 because she is the closest to Daisy (I'm referring to Daisy Theory with Nintendo's tweet).
..Is Nadja pronounced 'Nahd-jah or 'Nahd-yah'?

D

Deleted member

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Uhhhh

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Sabi saids.... throw away Vergeben deconfirms
He was talking about the giant list of companies that made everyone pissed at the leakers. The one that deconfirmed every realistic company and then some. The one Verge already said was a mistake on his part.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew here at the Muppet Labs, where the future is being made today. Today we made the Toy Reality Machine where toys come to life.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Alright, FINALLY caught up with you mad lads. :shades:

Yesterday I started writing what would be a post on why I'm feeling more inclined to believe that, despite having been deconfirmed, Crash Bandicoot might end up being DLC Fighter #5 but, changed my mind and was taking too long, + work. :facepalm: However, to put it briefly; ever since last year's Game Awards, and the return of Crash Bandicoot with the N. Sane Trilogy, and Team Racing remakes (along with estimating when N. Sane Trilogy, and Ultimate's development cycles coincided), there have been some things I've come to see as convenient coincidences.

You guys know how, in last year's TGA, Geoff had Shawn Layden, Phil Spencer, and Reggie Fils-Aimé take center stage together for the very first time (perhaps)? That was a big deal; not only for Geoff and TGA, but for the gaming industry in general. Linking this memory to other Smash Bros. related details got me thinking a bit further. Things such as, Phil Spencer way back when, when asked if he'd be ok with Banjo being added to Smash, he pretty much agreed to it. Fast forward to E3 2019, and we got Banjo in the game. He was the gift from Microsoft. However... could Nintendo receive a similar gift for Smash Bros. Ultimate, from Sony...? True that Crash is not a Sony IP (they dropped the ball hard with that choice); it's Activision's. However, Crash started as Sony's mascot to rival Nintendo's Mario back in the 90s.

Within yesterday's brainstorming, it occurred to me that both Ultimate, and N. Sane Trilogy's development cycles slightly coincided with each other, and who's to say that during that time (or around 2018), Nintendo reached out to Activision to negotiate N. Sane Trilogy's port to the Switch (and maybe Crash Team Racing as well), they also negotiated Crash Bandicoot as a DLC fighter for Smash (within the Fighters Pass)? I don't know, maybe it's just me over thinking things but, I've got a strong feeling that it could be Crash.

On another note,
Would honestly be crazy if Dr. Honeydew says "We are honored to be here, but we have something to share with you" Beaker speaks. Dr.H "That's right, we are not the only Muppets here." Beaker speaks again. Dr. H "Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood, old friend. Uh hmm. What he meant was...there is another PUPPET here!" Geno revealed.
This would actually be an INGENIOUS way of revealing Geno. Having actual and memorable puppets reveal another puppet/doll. Heck, what if they actually made a Geno puppet for the reveal?! :eek: That would be SICK AF!!! :2gud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom