• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Got back from failing my learners driver test for the 2nd time, how we doin?

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
So, here we are on page 2008, the year Brawl released. I spent many hours during Freshman year of high school in the Subspace Emissary unlocking everyone and then killing Tabuu with Sonic. :grin:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Remember the 1 month wait between the Japanese release in January to March? Hell, Europe had to wait till the SUMMER to play Brawl. Thats torture.

Firox

Smash Master
If Geno does not show up with characters 6 or 7, should we be concerned or at this point, we will just ride it out until the end of Smash DLC.
In my honest opinion, if we don't see either Geno OR Doomslayer as #6 or 7, I'll be at least a little worried because it will be some strong evidence against the Cacomallow leak, which I personally think is our most favorable evidence so far. That said, it ain't over til it's over, so I'm going to hold out until either

A) Geno's mii costume comes out beside a DIFFERENT Square rep

or

B) Sakurai himself says "No more DLC"

At that point, and only IF that point should happen, will I pack it up.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
I want GenoDoom most of all. Best timeline for me personally, period. Anyone else would be icing .

Personally rooting against Waluigi only because even though I'm pretty neutral onthe character, I don't think he would bode well for Geno. Two Mario reps on the pass and another after ? It just feels off.

Although I'm still sticking with my guts on color theory referencing the 7 star colors. So maybe 5 doesnt matter regardless if their color is orange. ;;^_^

Today kinda sucks for me, but I'm glad I can come to the Geno community and not feel like I'm so alone.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Oh come on what does "i don't think" supposed to mean? He knows damn well who it is by now as well as every last detail of his show so frankly this just looks really fishy imo.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They say napping is a form of time travel.
It's the fastest way to unlock Mewtwo in Melee lol! I'm not joking.

So you guys heard this remix of Forest Maze before? It was made a long time ago and if you didn't know, the Forest Maze song is in Brawl's files. Though this isn't exactly it and you can't accessed it.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Now that images are back, this would be my ideal complete roster

Well, maybe switch Monster Hunter with Chel; I made this towards the end of November

SmashWishlistCSS.png

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I know Smash is only a very small portion of this video, but Max is so entertaining in this that I had to share it here.

Seriously, this is a great discussion.

D

Deleted member

Kind-of off topic but not really cause it's related to the game awards but:
Game.

Awards.

Freaking.

Saved.
This is actually hilarious and kinda exciting tbh I look forward to this.

D

Deleted member

It's the fastest way to unlock Mewtwo in Melee lol! I'm not joking.

So you guys heard this remix of Forest Maze before? It was made a long time ago and if you didn't know, the Forest Maze song is in Brawl's files. Though this isn't exactly it and you can't accessed it.
It's a good remix, but it's been posted thousands of times here.

Speaking of which, there's a lot of misinfo about this song, and I think it's time to clear up misconceptions:

This song was never supposed to be in Brawl.
snd_bgm_A12_MORINOKINOKO
This is the song file name.
Straight from SSBWiki: "Japanese translates to "Forest's Mushrooms"; due to its position in the list, which follows a general chronological trend, it is possible this track was the theme for Toadwood Forest, also from Partners in Time."

If you don't believe me there's another unused track from Partners in Time:
snd_bgm_A11_MLRPG02

Basically, to sum things up the remix is fan-made, and the file name most likely refers to this instead of what we think it refers to:

I think Sakurai did say that Geno was planned for Brawl, but I doubt he ever got past the concept stage. Kinda like Takamaru and Heihachi.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Kind-of off topic but not really cause it's related to the game awards but:
Game.

Awards.

Freaking.

Saved.
This is actually hilarious and kinda exciting tbh I look forward to this.
Ahh yeah! We got some Muppets coming!

...wait...Muppets...Puppet....!!! Guys, it's happening!!:4pacman:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's a good remix, but it's been posted thousands of times here.

Speaking of which, there's a lot of misinfo about this song, and I think it's time to clear up misconceptions:

This song was never supposed to be in Brawl.
snd_bgm_A12_MORINOKINOKO
This is the song file name.
Straight from SSBWiki: "Japanese translates to "Forest's Mushrooms"; due to its position in the list, which follows a general chronological trend, it is possible this track was the theme for Toadwood Forest, also from Partners in Time."

If you don't believe me there's another unused track from Partners in Time:
snd_bgm_A11_MLRPG02

Basically, to sum things up the remix is fan-made, and the file name most likely refers to this instead of what we think it refers to:

I think Sakurai did say that Geno was planned for Brawl, but I doubt he ever got past the concept stage. Kinda like Takamaru and Heihachi.
But I already said this wasn't the remix that was going to be used in Brawl I just said it was fan made.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Someone suggested that Dr. Honeydew and Beaker will be who reveal Fighter 5

Geoff laughed

Would honestly be crazy if Dr. Honeydew says "We are honored to be here, but we have something to share with you" Beaker speaks. Dr.H "That's right, we are not the only Muppets here." Beaker speaks again. Dr. H "Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood, old friend. Uh hmm. What he meant was...there is another PUPPET here!" Geno revealed.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Would honestly be crazy if Dr. Honeydew says "We are honored to be here, but we have something to share with you" Beaker speaks. Dr.H "That's right, we are not the only Muppets here." Beaker speaks again. Dr. H "Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood, old friend. Uh hmm. What he meant was...there is another PUPPET here!" Geno revealed.
I hope so

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I wonder what a Muppet styled Geno would actually look like. Would be pretty neat, I imagine.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Bunson and Beaker are going to reveal Geno because they're both puppets. :ultpacman:

Edit: I see now that someone beat me to this correlation by 6 minutes. :ultpacman::ultpacman:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But... Disney owns the muppets iirc.

I don't like it one bit.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Apparently Geoff's comment about Waluigi was him joking saying "I don't think Waluigi is going to be a guest at The Game Awards". Somehow, someway, Waluigi finds a way to survive time and time again.

D

Deleted member

But I already said this wasn't the remix that wasn't going to be used in Brawl I just said it was fan made.
I'm not trying to act like a know-it-all, just trying to clear up some things about the song supposedly being in Brawl, when it probably wasn't.

You just said the song is in Brawl's files. Problem with that is that it IS, but isn't at the same time. It's weird. It is because it's definitely there in the gamefiles and like you said, it can't be accessed. Kinda like Mewtwo's Wii remote sound, and the Forbidden Seven.

But it isn't as well there's no way to be sure if it was even supposed to be Beware the Forest's Mushrooms in the first place.

The file name is similar, yes, but that doesn't conclude that it was a track. If anything it was gonna be Toadwood Forest. We had Gritzy Desert in the same game as a track, as well as that unused one so it's not too farfetched that we could also have that track too. I think Sakurai just either liked or really wanted to promote Partners in Time. Taking info from the SSBWiki again:
"The title is also similar to "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms", a piece of music from the Square-developed game Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, but the latter in regards of the actual music is unlikely due to Nintendo and Square Enix not collaborating at the time."

Plus the track number is A12, right after the cut A11. If it was supposed to be BtFM, then wouldn't it be before Gritzy Desert and the other Partners in Time tracks, not after?

Okay, enough of that. Sorry, just wanted to clear that up. :p

That remix is definitely well-known, and it's a great remix sure but there's other ones out there. I really love this one. It's highly overlooked:

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Disney having rights to The Muppets and having a presence in a sense at TGAs is quite curious. And unnerving to me as I see it speaking well for Sora.

No offense to Sora fans but unless Geno mii costume doesnt show up with potential Sora, I won't be convinced Sora getting in as 5 is good for the puppet at all, my bias aside. It'd be great if both happen as I've said, def not attacking fans of Sora. I know there's plenty of good arguments to suggest one does not cancel out the other. Damn that Mii costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom