• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm not placing my bets on any one character or concept (including the Genoslayer duo). Everything is so off-the-wall and unpredictable right now, and insiders are just looking more and more unreliable and fishy by the second. I'm done with insider stuff myself, so with what we do know, well...

I can safely conclude that I know for a FACT that I know nothing. :')

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
So what is making us thing there will be two reveals, or a double reveal or whatever at the Video Game Awards, anyway?
It probably isnt, it's just hype talking.

I'm not placing my bets on any one character or concept (including the Genoslayer duo). Everything is so off-the-wall and unpredictable right now, and insiders are just looking more and more unreliable and fishy by the second. I'm done with insider stuff myself, so with what we do know, well...

I can safely conclude that I know for a FACT that I know nothing. :')
While I'm in the same boat, making a guess is just fun.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alright, you guys gotta start talking about Geno again. All of this talk of other characters is off topic and if you want to discuss other newcomers you are more than welcome to do so here.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
K so I have a question... if Geno were reintroduced into Mario canon, how would you like to see him used/what’s a suitable story arc for him?

Personally, a major ally in Mario Galaxy 3 as Rosalina’s cherished knight would be epic. I think Geno would make the perfect co-op pal for a title like that.

He’d also have great side scrolling capabilities for a classic Mario platformer.

Just dream... him in Mario Kart and Tennis Aces and so on. My gah

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Alright, you guys gotta start talking about Geno again. All of this talk of other characters is off topic and if you want to discuss other newcomers you are more than welcome to do so here.
Uh oh, someone tattled to our parents because we were having too much fun.

EDIT: I'm about to get booty-blasted but I'm waiting for another response to explain my position.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
K so I have a question... if Geno were reintroduced into Mario canon, how would you like to see him used/what’s a suitable story arc for him?

Personally, a major ally in Mario Galaxy 3 as Rosalina’s cherished knight would be epic. I think Geno would make the perfect co-op pal for a title like that.

He’d also have great side scrolling capabilities for a classic Mario platformer.

I assumed if we saw him again it would be as just a star spirit like twink and starlow. But with the rpgs canned i dont know what they plan to do with the extended universe for now. :ohwell:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For FP 5, I'm thinking we'll see KOSMOS. Vergeben's source not being sure about her combined with the potential of one of her leaks being real is exciting to think about.

If I had to throw in a back-up guess, I'm gonna say Fire Emblem Three Houses on the basis of no TH spirits being in the game is weird for Nintendo's most successful console Fire Emblem game.

So KOSMOS or Three Houses for me.

Grumbo

Smash Ace

EDIT: I'm about to get booty-blasted but I'm waiting for another response to explain my position.
We should really change the title to Geno Speculation + Social Thread

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
God bless you
Ahh, I see who tattled now.

In all seriousness, if we go back to just talking about Geno, I'm dipping from the thread until something else big about Geno comes up.

Why?

Because the reason we've strayed so far from Geno is because we've exhausted all our options. Let me make the goddamn list for Christ's sake. We've talked about...
  • His potential moveset which writes itself
  • What a remake of SMRPG could be like
  • What Geno could look like updated
  • His personality, to the point where occasionally he's a different character entirely
  • How much we love Geno
  • Funny jokes about Geno
  • Fun facts about Geno
  • Posting fan art of Geno
  • Posting real art and merchandise of Geno
  • Talking about a sequel to SMRPG
  • Dreams we've had about Smash, SMRPG and Geno
  • Talking about other Mario RPGS (which is technically off-topic)
  • Talking about our favorite games outside of SMRPG (off-topic yet again)
  • We had a whole pie vs cake debate many a moon ago (very off-topic, btw)
  • How Geno would react to being back after being imprisoned so long
  • Linking to videos about SMRPG or Geno
  • Linking to streams about SMRPG or Geno
  • Going over evidence on why Geno has a chance for Smash
The problem is, let's face facts here, HE'S A SHALLOW CHARACTER FROM A SINGLE GAME OVER 20 YEARS AGO! There is only so much that can be said and frankly, I think it has been said.

All we have now is new information related to him, memes, chat that ISN'T related to SMRPG or Geno...or repeating the same damn conversations over and over until we really DO become an echo chamber in the most LITERAL sense. Sorry, but when I see the same conversation with the same people having the same opinions it makes me crazy because we've been here before already and we all know what we think.

Seriously though, someone edit Datboi's face on a kid running to tell mom. If no one else does I will try my hand at it. Just feels like it should exist.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
>mods straight up say to keep things on-topic and focused on the character this thread is about
>people completely ignore it to keep posting about other characters

lmao people really stopped all pretense of giving a **** anymore huh

We should really change the title to Geno Speculation + Social Thread
Honestly people here enjoy the community built up around the thread and that's great. They should just make a discord for people to hang out in and discuss off-topic stuff. For the rest of us who want to stay on-topic though it's honestly very annoying to see people jump in to try to appropriate the thread and turn it into something else.

In all seriousness, if we go back to just talking about Geno, I'm dipping from the thread until something else big about Geno comes up.

Why?

Because the reason we've strayed so far from Geno is because we've exhausted all our options. Let me make the goddamn list for Christ's sake. We've talked about...
  • His personality, to the point where occasionally he's a different character entirely
  • How much we love Geno
  • Funny jokes about Geno
  • Fun facts about Geno
The problem is, let's face facts here, HE'S A SHALLOW CHARACTER FROM A SINGLE GAME OVER 20 YEARS AGO! There is only so much that can be said and frankly, I think it has been said.

All we have now is new information related to him, memes, chat that ISN'T related to SMRPG or Geno...or repeating the same damn conversations over and over until we really DO become and echo chamber in the most LITERAL sense. Sorry, but when I see the same conversation with the same people having the same opinions it makes me crazy because we've been here before already and we all know what we think.

Seriously though, someone edit Datboi's face on a kid running to tell mom. If no one else does I will try my hand at it. Just feels like it should exist.
lmao a mod posts here on the daily yet you think someone "tattled" that people are being off-topic. Absolute galaxy-brain logic. Also this is blatant flaming, man.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
>mods straight up say to keep things on-topic and focused on the character this thread is about
>people completely ignore it to keep posting about other characters

lmao people really stopped all pretense of giving a **** anymore huh

Honestly people here enjoy the community built up around the thread and that's great. They should just make a discord for people to hang out in and discuss off-topic stuff. For the rest of us who want to stay on-topic though it's honestly very annoying to see jump in to try to appropriate the thread and turn it into something else.
I am pretty sure there is a Discord for Geno fans. Won't matter, as this is where people want to talk. It's where heart of the community is.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

Hello ladies and gentleman, i'm your host Franco Geno and today i bring you a major event that happened today just a few minutes ago
PicsArt_12-10-01.54.06.jpg

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I don't see what's the issue with non-Geno talk around here. It's not like we're slowly turning into a second Social/Newcomer thread and it's not like we forgot that this is a place to talk about Geno. We just have a bit to say regarding the potential Game Awards reveal and we want to share it here in a few messages before we get back on-topic. And besides, whoever fighter 5 is will change the speculation scene in ways we can't fully know and might impact Geno's chances.

As a sidenote, have this mockup I made of Geno in Doom:

Oh Lord, the thought just came to me! In the case both Doomguy and Geno get revealed at the Game Awards, someone needs to make an At Doom's Gate remix with the SMRPG soundfont. Bonus points if it goes with a Doom wad that has Geno's face and gun instead of Doomguy's, lmao.

The closest thing (but not really) we have to that is this one with Mario 64 instruments:

doom screenshot geno.png

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
So... what do we talk about regarding Geno? It seems like most of the topics have already been done?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
lmao a mod posts here on the daily yet you think someone "tattled" that people are being off-topic. Absolute galaxy-brain logic.
When someone makes a joke and then someone gives them ammo to extend the joke further and both times it flies over your head and you take it seriously.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

Why?

• How much we love Geno
  • Funny jokes about Geno
  • Fun facts about Geno

All we have now is new information related to him, memes, chat that ISN'T related to SMRPG or Geno...or repeating the same damn conversations over and over until we really DO become an echo chamber in the most LITERAL sense. Sorry, but when I see the same conversation with the same people having the same opinions it makes me crazy because we've been here before already and we all know what we think.

I get what you’re saying here, but the love that is thrown around in this particular thread for other non-Geno characters is much. I don’t need to hear about which kids will piss their pants with excitement over Sora getting in.

It’s inevitable that other characters are talked about since we’re constantly trying to figure out who is coming next at all times, I think the mod just wants to limit several long pages of discussion on why KOS-MOS is a good DLC choice in the Geno thread

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman

I had a few funny ideas when it comes to Geno in the Mario canon

Mario Party Victory animation: Geno turns his arm into a popper and shoots out confetti!

Mario Tennis racket: An tennis racket arm attachment perhaps? Technical character with racket extension capabilities?

Mario Galaxy 3 (if Geno is playable): Perhaps he could shoot starbits akin to the "player 2" of Galaxy, except with full mobility like Mario. It might be fun to run around co-op with Mario & Geno where Mario does his spin attack (melee) and Geno uses his arm gun (ranged stronger starbits)

Paper Mario: Instead of physically transforming his joints he just folds entirely, i,e: instead of morphing into a giant cannon, he folds into one. More or less just a cosmetic/aesthetic change.

Mario Maker: Being able to see Geno in all the Mario styles. Heck yeah.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I get what you’re saying here, but the love that is thrown around in this particular thread for other non-Geno characters is much. I don’t need to hear about which kids will piss their pants with excitement over Sora getting in.

It’s inevitable that other characters are talked about since we’re constantly trying to figure out who is coming next at all times, I think the mod just wants to limit several long pages of discussion on why KOS-MOS is a good DLC choice in the Geno thread
I'll agree that some moderation was required, and I get that it gets old seeing people gush about other characters in this thread.

I think we should still be able to talk about speculation here regardless of the character and I think memes should also be allowed, but I would agree that if someone talks about how badly they can't wait to hear OBJECTION in Smash in this thread for too long then maybe they should step outside for a bit.

D

Deleted member

NGL, out of all the tangents and off-topic conversations the Geno thread went through, this was probably the most harmless one I've read up until staff was involved.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I had a few funny ideas when it comes to Geno in the Mario canon

Mario Party Victory animation: Geno turns his arm into a popper and shoots out confetti!

Mario Tennis racket: An tennis racket arm attachment perhaps? Technical character with racket extension capabilities?

Mario Galaxy 3 (if Geno is playable): Perhaps he could shoot starbits akin to the "player 2" of Galaxy, except with full mobility like Mario. It might be fun to run around co-op with Mario & Geno where Mario does his spin attack (melee) and Geno uses his arm gun (ranged stronger starbits)

Paper Mario: Instead of physically transforming his joints he just folds entirely, i,e: instead of morphing into a giant cannon, he folds into one. More or less just a cosmetic/aesthetic change.

Mario Maker: Being able to see Geno in all the Mario styles. Heck yeah.
These are all great! Just reminds me of how much potential Geno has for appearances in other Mario games.

please come home Geno

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Disney having rights to The Muppets and having a presence in a sense at TGAs is quite curious. And unnerving to me as I see it speaking well for Sora.

No offense to Sora fans but unless Geno mii costume doesnt show up with potential Sora, I won't be convinced Sora getting in as 5 is good for the puppet at all, my bias aside. It'd be great if both happen as I've said, def not attacking fans of Sora. I know there's plenty of good arguments to suggest one does not cancel out the other. Damn that Mii costume.
That's kind of a stretch. I don't think The Muppets have anything to do with anything Disney Interactive does.

Trust me, I don't want Sora to show up as I fear he would kill Geno's chances, but you shouldn't be worried about Honeydew and Beaker making an appearance at The Game Awards. Being nominated for RPG of the year (lol), Kingdom Hearts was going to be present at the show regardless of how many Muppets show up.

D

Deleted member

I haven't posted on mobile since page 1920... Which was last ****ing Thursday.

I agree that this thread really goes off the rails hard, but, most discussion about other characters (aside from the people who come in here and actively root for theor favorite, non-Geno pick, which I agree should be more than frowned upon) is actually tertiary to Geno, as it involves his likelihood using the other characters as a comparison point.

let's not say such extreme things ok

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
NGL, out of all the tangents and off-topic conversations the Geno thread went through, this was probably the most harmless one I've read up until staff was involved.
Yeah, this is kinda the unintentional hilarity in all of this. I mean, has this thread ever gotten a notice for being off topic before? I don't recall so, but it is 2000+ pages, so I may have just forgotten.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
When someone makes a joke and then someone gives them ammo to extend the joke further and both times it flies over your head and you take it seriously.

I mean your "joke" was just to point a finger at someone over something that's been an obvious issue that's been called out before. You can try to flame and scapegoat me if you want, but judging from your response to KCCHIEFS you get what the overall issue is. idk man life must be boring in the trailer park tonight lol

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Hello ladies and gentleman, i'm your host Franco Geno and today i bring you a major event that happened today just a few minutes agoView attachment 251786
Franco knows how to slay me, lol (no offense to ForsakenM).

As a sidenote, have this mockup I made of Geno in Doom:

View attachment 251787
Funny that you did this as I was actually somewhat entertaining the idea of making a Geno mod, as I've created other mods for Doom before. I could easily imagine replacing the plasma gun with Geno's star shooter and adding the appropriate sounds and such. Would be a lot of work but it'd be cool to see it in action.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I think both he and Mallow would be welcome mainstays in mario spinoffs.
Dang right they would! I'd love it if they got the recognition they deserve in the franchise for being the most beloved characters from the game that created the awesome branch of Mario games that are the RPGs

Franco knows how to slay me, lol (no offense to ForsakenM).

Funny that you did this as I was actually somewhat entertaining the idea of making a Geno mod, as I've created other mods for Doom before. I could easily imagine replacing the plasma gun with Geno's star shooter and adding the appropriate sounds and such. Would be a lot of work but it'd be cool to see it in action.
Oh wow, that's great to hear. I think the work would definitely pay off, even more so if Geno and Doomguy do end up being in a reveal trailer together.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I mean your "joke" was just to point a finger at someone over something that's been an obvious issue that's been called out before. You can try to flame and scapegoat me if you want, but judging from your response to KCCHIEFS you get what the overall issue is. idk man life must be boring in the trailer park tonight lol
Yeah, that was it. That was the joke.

Great job explaining it, you sucked the fun right out of it bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom