• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Let's say hypothetically sakurai comes out and says that there will be three spirit upgrades that are strong enough to become fighters. Geno is revealed to be the first one. Who would be the other two?
Rex/Pyra and one of these three: Bandanna Dee, Dr. Eggman or Mach Rider.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Let's say hypothetically sakurai comes out and says that there will be three spirit upgrades that are strong enough to become fighters. Geno is revealed to be the first one. Who would be the other two?
Donbe & Hikari :love:
Mach Rider :colorful:

And if AT spirits count replace one of them by Alucard :oneeye:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How ironic that you talked about toxic fans and yet you’re a troll. All right then, hypocrite.
If you feel that someone's trolling in one of their posts, then ignore or report them.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, for me it would Shantae and Mach Rider.

Last edited:

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
If you feel that someone's trolling, then ignore or report them.
Though they shouldn't go to completely unrelated threads in the site like Sora's just for insult me while we are talking about something else, that's also toxic.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Though they shouldn't go to completely unrelated threads in the site like Sora's just for insult me while we are talking about something else, that's also toxic.
I agree, nobody should do that, it's bad practice all around.
However, that seems a tad hypocritical coming from someone who previously posted on gamefaqs about how they're triggering people in the smashboards geno thread. I'm all for second chances, but don't pretend you're wholly innocent in all this.
I'm gonna let that issue rest for now, however, let's get back to the discourse

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
More like calling out your actions.
That's also not okay; depending on the posts in question, it could either be spam (due to being off-topic) or flaming/harassment (depending on the severity of the post). Keep the Geno discussion in the Geno thread, and point out problems with the ideas, rather than the person.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Not counting Geno....Shantae, and then....whoever else folks really want. I don’t have any strong opinions on anyone else. If geno got in, and then shantae, I’m pretty much set. I’d by that point have pretty much all the characters I’d ever want in smash. Shantae is just one other one I kinda would like to see since out of all indie characters I feel she’s most deserving since she’s the oldest known indie character.

Granted this is for spirit upgrades. For AT ones I’d say isaac just cuz I really feel bad for how his fanbase got burned as he was unceremoniously confirmed as an at last minute.

But if those 3 characters got in, then I’m literally fine with any other game character. Idc who it is they’ll have my support.

D

Deleted member

I apologize for calling you out at an unrelated site. But you’re still a problem especially coming from Gamefaqs trying to trigger us.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
One thing I will say that worries me about Master Chief's chances is that previously, Team Ninja approached them to have Chief as a cameo character in Dead or Alive 4; and they refused on the grounds that they did not want to "ruin" Chief's story by throwing him in a random crossover; but they compromised by creating a non-canon Spartan named Nicole for them to use instead

But hey, that was ages ago and Smash has become a very high profile title, maybe their attitude will have changed if Nintendo came to them

D

Deleted member

The ones I would pick to satisfy others are Rayman and Shantae (I want her in myself)

My most desired spirit upgrade besides Geno is Captain Syrup.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Huh ? That's what I said two tracks per games : two FFVII tracks, two DQIII, two DQIV, two DQVIII, two DQXI and then two SMRPG tracks.
About the Mii Costume, yes it could be possible in the same way that Sans was packed with an undertale music, but why smash team would tease Geno like that if it's to put a second time a disappointing mii costume especially when we know they are aware of the popularity of the character (mii splash screen) ?

About the Geno spirit, what I think is that Sakurai didn't knew before the sales of Smash if Nintendo would allow the Smash team to produce more DLCs after the pass. As the CEO of Nintendo suggest, the fighter pass characters choices was about making some deals with third compagnies. So I think it's possible that Sakurai put Geno spirit in the case of Nintendo would not allow more fighters after those who was planned, so Geno is at least represented in the game.
About your first point:
- The Smash team likely never cared about the whole music tracks being taken down, I don't know why it's used as a huge point FOR Geno's inclusion (Though it does support it slightly). They would NEVER hint at a character's presence by taking down a music track, and they probably didn't think it was going to be taken extremely seriously.

-Putting SMRPG references is not a definitive hint towards Geno in Smash. For example, Sakurai outright used the Camelot angle for official advertisement of Smash Ultimate; but Isaac didn't get added into the game as a fighter.

-Isaac was one of the most popular characters going into the Ultimate speculation cycle (even moreso then Geno); and all they did was reveal a Mii costume and AT in the very last Ultimate prerelease direct. If Nintendo did it once, it is possible for them to do it again.

-About your second point: Spirits were definitely used to add in series that Sakurai wanted to represent in some form, but just couldn't add as fighters at the time. I agree with you on that much.

-However, we aren't guaranteed 100% to see any spirits upgraded to fighters. Is it possible? Yes. Is it guaranteed? No.

Even then, Geno has decent competition in terms of spirits:
-Shantae
-Rayman

I think AT's have just as good of shot at being upgraded, which adds:
-Isaac
-Waluigi

And on top of that, that isn't considering other more recent (still requested characters):
-Akira Howard
-Byleth
-Rex and Pyra

And that isn't even counting most new potential 3rd party characters that could be represented.

So here are my thoughts on Geno's chances:
Chance of being upgraded? Likely (90%)
Chance of being upgraded to a Mii costume? Likely (70%)
Chance of being upgraded to an uograded Mii costume? Possible (50%)
Chance of being upgraded to a full on fighter? Unlikely (30%)

I don't mean this as a person who hates Geno. But as an Isaac fan, it's better to keep your expectations in check until he is confirmed (or disconfirmed).

LDGno97

Smash Cadet
Your wish will be granted. anyone else that would like to appear on future memes?
I don't talk too often :facepalm: (mainly for being somewhat shy and for taking care of the words I use) but I would love being in.
I watch your memes and edits and they're very cool!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
One thing I will say that worries me about Master Chief's chances is that previously, Team Ninja approached them to have Chief as a cameo character in Dead or Alive 4; and they refused on the grounds that they did not want to "ruin" Chief's story by throwing him in a random crossover; but they compromised by creating a non-canon Spartan named Nicole for them to use instead

But hey, that was ages ago and Smash has become a very high profile title, maybe their attitude will have changed if Nintendo came to them
I understand the concern, but there’s a pretty big difference between DOA and Smash. Similarly, I think both Soul Calibur 2 and PlayStation Allstars tried to get Cloud.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I don't talk too often :facepalm: (mainly for being somewhat shy and for taking care of the words I use) but I would love being in.
I watch your memes and edits and they're very cool!
Thank you very much! it means a lot that you enjoy my memes, don't worry about being shy because when i first joined in i was like that too but i was glad to come here by how nice everyone in this thread actually is so it really felt like a warm welcome :3 so i think you should join the fun more often my friend

D

Deleted member

Your wish will be granted. anyone else that would like to appear on future memes?
I would be fine with appearing on them.

Some context of my identity to help the memes I might appear in fit better:
>I love Metroid, the Fantastic Four, Godzilla and Dragon Quest (with the latter potentially being used to involve me in SE related memes)
>I enjoy JRPGs and RPGs in general
>I collect LEGO and Disney stuff.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I would be fine with appearing on them.

Some context of my identity to help the memes I might appear in fit better:
>I love Metroid, the Fantastic Four, Godzilla and Dragon Quest (with the latter potentially being used to involve me in SE related memes)
>I enjoy JRPGs and RPGs in general
>I collect LEGO and Disney stuff.
Gotcha! i will keep that in mind

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This movie’s financial failure is one of cinema’s greatest tragedies (especially because it basically killed 2D animated movies)
While I agree, I would also cite Treasure Planets failure as another factor and tragedy.

D

Deleted member

You know, from what I've seen, Sabi likes tweets that are directed at him, or that he's mentioned in.

Why did Sabi like this. It's doing me a frighten.
why.png

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My favourite part of Hero being in Smash is that I can finally have my pipe dream gaming crossover turned into reality:

716FC620-324F-4067-9F0B-1581102F96BB.jpeg

I legit stood up the whole night Hero released to get the character as soon as he came out at the eShop just to take this long awaited screenshot.

Griselda

Smash Lord
You know the reason I keep taking breaks from this site? It isn't a very pleasant experience being here, especially the longer things go on. But at this point.. where else am I going to go? The Geno thread is the only place I can hear about Geno-related leaks/developments given in a neutral light rather than an absolutely negative one.

D

Deleted member

You know the reason I keep taking breaks from this site? It isn't a very pleasant experience being here, especially the longer things go on. But at this point.. where else am I going to go? The Geno thread is the only place I can hear about Geno-related leaks/developments given in a neutral light rather than an absolutely negative one.
I wouldn't call it neutral...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom