• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Eh, I don't think that's very likely. That kind of assumes there was a hard limit on how many tracks could be acquired. I'm sure he did want at least one track for each of the Heroes but if he had the opportunity to include more tracks regardless of balance we would have them.
That could be another possibility too, yes.

Firox

Smash Master
The greatest sadness is Square's licensing nonsense failing to allow us to have more Final Fantasy tracks. Sakurai does his best but I can't look at that measly 2 track listing and feel good
So wait, WHY is it that SE sucks so hard about doling out music? They have some of the best music in the industry. What's their malfunction? For a franchise as big as Final Fantasy, you would think they could retain the rights to their own stuff.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Before I forget...may I be apart of the memes? I don't post as much as I use to, but have been around a good bit.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So wait, WHY is it that SE sucks so hard about doling out music? They have some of the best music in the industry. What's their malfunction? For a franchise as big as Final Fantasy, you would think they could retain the rights to their own stuff.
Well then again there is a composer union or whatever it is in Japan that tries and makes it so composers retain their music. That's how Sugiyama makes so much money on orchestral soundtracks and why DQ so often gets just midis. For Final Fantasy it's probably the same deal.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Of course, nothing can change the order in the biggest Smash echo chamber.
I mean, if your intention is to troll Geno fans, you’re already in an echo chamber yourself. Trolls bug Geno fans about Smash even if their posts have nothing to do with Smash Bros., and it seems to have been going for over a year as a common thing.

Not to mention, not all Geno fans are bad or annoying, just some act out that way, which I’m sure you understand when defending Sora fans, not that it should matter since pretty much all fanbases are this way; a lot of good people, and a lot of the opposite (though I usually notice more good people even if the annoying, rude people still bug the heck out of me sometimes).

Last edited:

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
Little late on this, but the idea that Square has some sort of rule against letting Smash use more than two songs is silly, and arguing that the Hero is an exception to this and has eight songs because he's "technically representing four games" is trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Cloud probably only comes with two music tracks because that was the standard across every stage in Smash 4 on 3DS (only the Wii U version allowed for more), making it, essentially, the bare minimum number of songs they could get away with. The rights to Dragon Quest music, on the other hand, are held by, not Square, but their composer, and more broadly JASRAC, a Japanese musical copyright association that is famously difficult to work with. I'm guessing each Hero has two songs because the field and battle themes of each game are the only real "essential" ones, and they couldn't get access to the full overture, which JASRAC is probably more protective of.

I absolutely think that if Geno gets in, he's going to have more than two songs.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Isn't Isaac also wanted since Brawl? Look where he ended.
A Mii Costume with 2 tracks is possible, and SE gave two FF Songs, DQ has 4 times that number, so thinking that Square = only 2 songs is wrong.
Huh ? That's what I said two tracks per games : two FFVII tracks, two DQIII, two DQIV, two DQVIII, two DQXI and then two SMRPG tracks.
About the Mii Costume, yes it could be possible in the same way that Sans was packed with an undertale music, but why smash team would tease Geno like that if it's to put a second time a disappointing mii costume especially when we know they are aware of the popularity of the character (mii splash screen) ?

There are over 1300 Spirits, with many highly requested characters such as Bandana Dee, Shantae, Rayman, Paper Mario, Midna, etc, Spirits upgrades sounds very unlikely, and even if they weren't, Geno would still have tons of competition.
About the Geno spirit, what I think is that Sakurai didn't knew before the sales of Smash if Nintendo would allow the Smash team to produce more DLCs after the pass. As the CEO of Nintendo suggest, the fighter pass characters choices was about making some deals with third compagnies. So I think it's possible that Sakurai put Geno spirit in the case of Nintendo would not allow more fighters after those who was planned, so Geno is at least represented in the game.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
On the topic of getting into memes, Sunday was actually my birthday, I didn’t bring it up cause it was also the day where I posted about getting my letter in Nintendo Force and then I got into a meme so I figured that was enough drawing attention to myself lol. So I think what I’m trying to say is, thanks for the inadvertent birthday present Franco Geno Franco Geno

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
On the topic of getting into memes, Sunday was actually my birthday, I didn’t bring it up cause it was also the day where I posted about getting my letter in Nintendo Force and then I got into a meme so I figured that was enough drawing attention to myself lol. So I think what I’m trying to say is, thanks for the inadvertent birthday present Franco Geno Franco Geno
I know it's late but i really hope you had a good birthday my friend! and i'm glad that you liked my meme

D

Deleted member

Happy late birthday contera!

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Do me a flavor and link me to the gamefaqs thread when we inevitably reach maximum levels of triggered

T2by4

Smash Lord
Let's say hypothetically sakurai comes out and says that there will be three spirit upgrades that are strong enough to become fighters. Geno is revealed to be the first one. Who would be the other two?

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
I mean, if your intention is to troll Geno fans, you’re already in an echo chamber yourself. Trolls bug Geno fans about Smash even if their posts have nothing to do with Smash Bros., and it seems to have been going for over a year as a common thing.

Not to mention, not all Geno fans are bad or annoying, just some act out that way, which I’m sure you understand when defending Sora fans, not that it should matter since pretty much all fanbases are this way; a lot of good people, and a lot of the opposite (though I usually notice more good people even if the annoying, rude people still bug the heck out of me sometimes).
I know that good Geno fans exist, is just that the bad ones really tired me for a looong while in Discord and Smashfaqs, a year ago i was neutral about Geno, i would prefer other characters, but i wouldn't mind him.
Then the toxic fans started to be everywhere, it was so annoying that i started to dislike Geno and stated his flaws the entire time, doesn't helps that i've seen like 2 good fans, and some dozens of toxic ones, so i obviously started to think that the entire fanbase is the worst thing ever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's say hypothetically sakurai comes out and says that there will be three spirit upgrades that are strong enough to become fighters. Geno is revealed to be the first one. Who would be the other two?
My dream choices would be Pauline and Mach Rider.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Dr Eggman and Dixie Kong

OffBi

Smash Ace
Rayman and maybe chorus kids?

D

Deleted member

I know that good Geno fans exist, is just that the bad ones really tired me for a looong while in Discord and Smashfaqs, a year ago i was neutral about Geno, i would prefer other characters, but i wouldn't mind him.
Then the toxic fans started to be everywhere, it was so annoying that i started to dislike Geno and stated his flaws the entire time, doesn't helps that i've seen like 2 good fans, and some dozens of toxic ones, so i obviously started to think that the entire fanbase is the worst thing ever.
How ironic that you talked about toxic fans and yet you’re a troll. All right then, hypocrite.

Dynamic Worlok

I know that good Geno fans exist, is just that they really tired ne for a good while in Discord and Smashfaqs, a year ago i was neutral about Geno, i would prefer other characters, but i wouldn't mind.
Generalization is a poor thing my friend. You can scarce complain about being lumped in with bad sora fans when you're perfectly willing to throw us under the bus.
I've had my issue with plenty of fandoms in the past, but I'm not gonna judge them for stuff other people have done

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Most likey?
Shantae
Ray-Man

Most desired?
Yuri Kozukata (Fatal Frame)
Ray-Man

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
I'm hoping to Star Road Geno comes with more than two tracks, dude. Beware the Forest's Mushrooms and Fight Against an Armed Boss are cool and all, but SMRPG has too many good songs to pass. And if they decide to include some Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi ones too, I'm not complaining either.
Only Geno, no items, final destination with Fight Against Culex in the background.
I'm feeling that Geno, as a "Smash fan only wanted character" will not be sold in a fighter pass but separately (like PP). And in that case I feel that he will be sold without a stage (again, like PP). So with two tracks added in the Mario stages and that's it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If I had to choose, I'd go with Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X seems to be ignored when compared to the other two Xenoblade games, but with Rex being too late to be included, she'd make sense as a second Xenoblade character) and Bandanna Waddle Dee. (Kirby hasn't had a new playable character in Smash for over ten years now)

I'd like to see a new playable Zelda character, but most of the ones that I think would work well are assist trophies rather than just spirits. Alexandra Roivas, Isa Jo, or Wonder Red would be great (I'd love to see what Smash's developers could do for stages from those games), but I can't realistically prioritize them over the other two.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee and Rayman

Dynamic Worlok

If it were my choice, I'd pick shantae and rayman. Not my personal favourites, but two other fandoms that I think could use a little love
(Isaac and waluigi if assist trophy characters with spirits count)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom