• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
So I missed a few pages. Who are the most likely candidates now that so many characters are deconfirmed?

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Predictions? I'm going sicko mode.

They're going to put a League of Legends champion in Smash. Which one? I dunno. That's just my prediction.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
:mybodyisreggie:So Vergeben disconfirmed Geno as 5...

Feeling deflated... Someone theory me some hope ASAP
what if I told you...
no one here expect Geno to be Fighter 5 and haven’t for months
we are hoping/expecting he’s released as post pass DLC, which was announced is happening, in case you didn’t get or forgot the memo.

:)

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
So I missed a few pages. Who are the most likely candidates now that so many characters are deconfirmed?
From what I know, after jumping between so many characters, no one seems really likely now, we might be in for a true surprise (for Fighter 5, anyway)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Once it was announced that we'd be getting post-Pass fighters, I figured that Geno was extremely likely as one of those. Now that Square-Enix has their two biggest franchises in Smash, I feel like they'll be more open to suggestions. Given Geno's enduring popularity among Smash fans (which should translate to sales - the Mii costume should provide some proof of that) and the fact that Sakurai's wanted to include Geno in both Brawl and Smash 4, he seems like a strong possibility if we get another Square-Enix character.

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
Once it was announced that we'd be getting post-Pass fighters, I figured that Geno was extremely likely as one of those. Now that Square-Enix has their two biggest franchises in Smash, I feel like they'll be more open to suggestions. Given Geno's enduring popularity among Smash fans (which should translate to sales - the Mii costume should provide some proof of that) and the fact that Sakurai's wanted to include Geno in both Brawl and Smash 4, he seems like a strong possibility if we get another Square-Enix character.
We don't know how much sold the Mii Costume.
A developer wanting to include a character doesn't have to mean that is a lock, Sakurai said that he wanted Takamaru and Mach Rider, are them a DLC Lock?

Last edited:

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet

Geno was NEVER going to be an option for DLC pack one. The first DLC wave was probably planned alongside the main game, wherein Geno was already included as a spirit battle. He was already passed over.

Now, wave two has a chance to take fan responses into account, and he has a much better chance of being upgraded there, imo.

Last edited:

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
Geno was NEVER going to be an option for DLC pack one. The first DLC wave was probably planned alongside the min game, wherein Geno was already included as a spirit battle. He was already passed over.

Now, wave two has a chance to take fan responses into account, and he has a much better chance of being upgraded there, imo.
There are over 1300 Spirits, with many highly requested characters such as Bandana Dee, Shantae, Rayman, Paper Mario, Midna, etc, Spirits upgrades sounds very unlikely, and even if they weren't, Geno would still have tons of competition.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
A developer wanting to include a character doesn't have to mean that is a lock, Sakurai said that he wanted Takamaru and Mach Rider, are them a DLC Lock?
Oh shut up

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
That's a fair point but Sakurai does go and revisit ideas very often. If he says he wants to include something that's an automatic boost to chances.
There are over 1300 Spirits, with many highly requested characters such as Bandana Dee, Shantae, Rayman, Paper Mario, Midna, etc, Spirits upgrades sounds very unlikely, and even if they weren't, Geno would still have tons of competition.
That's also true but of those 1300 about 95% aren't realistic and along the ones that are Geno is within the top 5 most demanded characters for sure. That's a good amount of reason to be hopeful for the future.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
... Sakurai said that he wanted Takamaru and Mach Rider, are them a DLC Lock?
We have to take into account that:
a) unlike the majority of the spirits listed, Sakurai has directly addressed Geno, his popularity, and Sakurai's past wishes to make him playable, particularly in the context of recent years (Mii costume for example)
b) Takamaru has been stated to be held back due to poor recognizability overseas, which has not been explicitly stated to be an issue for Geno
c) Mach Rider was mentioned once in the context of Melee but has not been revisited by Sakurai himself

Making blanket statements without taking the full context into account makes anyone become like a statistical analyst who is hired to find the conclusion from what they're told to see / want to see. Yes it does go both ways, but I don't think the way you've picked arguments to oppose Geno 's current chances are made with enough grounding here

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
You guys know that the fish that don’t go after the bait are the ones that survive right?

D

Deleted member

You guys know that the fish that don’t go after the bait are the ones that survive right?
Especially strong fish break the line and live with a hook for the rest of their days, proof of their status as champion.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
Geno was NEVER going to be an option for DLC pack one. The first DLC wave was probably planned alongside the main game, wherein Geno was already included as a spirit battle. He was already passed over.

Exactly

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
On a separate note and probably around 50 pages late, but the posts discussing how wrong it would be to make Geno some sort of Mega Man 'clone' made me think that, from what we know about the way Geno's gun arm with rocket fist works, it's pretty ironic that he'll probably share some of the arm kinetics that Mega Man has in terms of shifting from gun arm to standard arm and vice versa, temporary detachment of fist, etc...
Thankfully he does it with such style and flair that no super fighting robot is ever programmed to do ;p

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Popping in here quickly to say that I would be absolutely stoked for Travis Touchdown in Smash.

There are quite a few things for why he makes sense, but I also am not really expecting the guy. But he definitely seems like a character that Sakurai would put in and be unexpected for those unititated with Suda51.

(No More Heroes music is so good that if Travis gets in Smash, my friends are going to have "No More Ear-oes..." since I'm gonna turn up the music so loud.)

That is my contribution to this thread for now. I will join you all once again soon. Then maybe I can be put in a meme image with other people. I'd personally like to think of myself as a village elder due to my longer posts that I tend to repeat, along with the fact that I sometimes get cranky and call out all the younger scamps (or boomers) for being ungrateful. "Back in my day..." and so on. (I'm actually a young zoomer/millennial though, ironically enough. Probably one of, if not the youngest in the thread.)

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Guys there's no doubt that Geno will be in. Off course he will not be the 5th fp character but later.

Geno never has this much chance to get in : the multiples references about him (the piranha plant classic mode picture, the palutena's guidance referring smrpg, etc), the mii splash screen in smash 4, the last brawl era most wanted who isn't in the game, the two Geno related music tracks that has been shut down alongside Megalovania (and the fact that SE always give two tracks per game).

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
The VGAs are less than a week away. Can't say I'm excited about the potential 5th DLC fighter if all of the disconfirmations are to be believed. Has there been a period of speculation where a **** ton of characters got supposedly denied (aside from the Grinch leak)? If there hasn't, I have to wonder why now do this all of a sudden?

I hope that a disconfirmed character rises from the dead for FP5. That or we get a surprise character that I'm not thinking about but would like regardless.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Guys there's no doubt that Geno will be in. Off course he will not be the 5th fp character but later.

Geno never has this much chance to get in : the multiples references about him (the piranha plant classic mode picture, the palutena's guidance referring smrpg, etc), the mii splash screen in smash 4, the last brawl era most wanted who isn't in the game, the two Geno related music tracks that has been shut down alongside Megalovania (and the fact that SE always give two tracks per game).
I don't think any of that evidence is a definitive point for Geno to get in smash. It could very well be possible that Geno could return to smash as a Mii costume with 2 music tracks. Geno may have more of a chance than others but references don't confirm or deny his chances, and considering Geno is already in the game as a spirit its not weird to reference his game.

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings

Isn't Isaac also wanted since Brawl? Look where he ended.
A Mii Costume with 2 tracks is possible, and SE gave two FF Songs, DQ has 4 times that number, so thinking that Square = only 2 songs is wrong.

Last edited:

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet
I think you're right. I don't hold out much hope for the guy at this point, but he sure would be neat.

D

Deleted member

Isn't Isaac also wanted since Brawk? Look where he ended.
A Mii Costume with 2 tracks is possible, and SE gave two FF Songs, DQ has 4 times that number, so thinking that Square = only 2 songs is wrong.
Shouldn’t you be in Gamefaqs?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
It's really not.
It actually is. I want Geno as much as anyone else, but the costume returning with a music track or two is something I could still see happening. Sure, an obvious troll brought up the possibility, but that doesn't invalidate that it is actually something that could happen. Personally, though, if the costume DOES come back, the most I'd see happening is a Sans-like upgrade with one song.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t think Sakurai is going to actually go with the “Spirits upgrade” idea and look over them for potential fighters; instead, if he wants to add a character as a fighter, but they’re already a spirit from base game, he’s gonna do it anyway, and Geno is definitely one of the top contenders based on what Sakurai has said about him, even recognizing his popularity.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Sans came with 1 song despite just being a costume, 2 songs isn't a stretch imo.
You forget the fact that sans is sans, you can't have him without his iconic song, plus, maximum songs that can come with a mii costume are one.

D

Deleted member

I think that Geno will come at least with two songs, yes. Maybe we could get more doh.

I disagree with the mentallity of Dragon Quest getting the Final Fantasy VII treatment song-wise, but that’s a can of worms I don’t want to open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom