• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Hmm so we're locking in predictions for fighter 5 now, eh? Well, are you expecting me to just say my usual " it's some rando probably lol" shtick?

waluigi game awards.png

TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME!

hey, if i'm in doubt, i might as well follow my heart and my memes

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm still placing my bet on it being Phoenix Wright or Sora. People don't seem super confident that Capcom was actually "Deconfirmed" and Sora seems like the perfect candidate for Nintendo placing fighter number 5 under lock and key in fort Knox.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm going to be lame and go with a couple choices, Master Chief or Bill/Lance from Contra

Give me my retro Mr. Shooty Mcshooterson or more modern Mr. Shooty Mcshooterson

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I have no idea what to think besides the insider community being suspect AF. I used to be so sure it was Lloyd but now I'm just gonna say its another curveball pick.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
It’s quite difficult for me to lock in a single fighter, but under the specific potential condition that the “creator deconfirms” are actually truthful and Master Chief, Travis, and Sora are all out, then I legitimately think that Monokuma has a chance.

A company without Smash representation* that has worked closely with Nintendo in the past, especially memorable music(which seems to be a surprisingly important factor to these releases) specifically by a composer who’s worked on Smash before, a genre both new to the Pass and even Smash in general, and a particularly unique character that could have a pretty fun moveset.

However, if the creator deconfirnations don’t count, then anything goes. Master Chief, Sora, a Sony rep(which wasn’t creator-deconfirmed or anything, but is obviously a fairly larger deal similar to those two), Waluigi... I have no clue who it could be in that case.

*Okay, technically they assisted with Fossil Fighters and a Mii Plaza game, both of which have trophy/Spirit representation. Still, though, nothing actually substantial.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Oh. We are making our VGA guesses now? I'll go ballsy and pick Kratos despite all the odds. What a way to end the pass.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I still feel like Travis Touchdown could show up for some odd reason, or some wildcard pick like Waluigi if it really has come to this. I'm having trouble thinking of anybody else though.

As much as I've seen people say, "Too bad, Waluigi time" I still haven't seen anybody share this wonderful clip:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm still placing my bet on it being Phoenix Wright or Sora. People don't seem super confident that Capcom was actually "Deconfirmed" and Sora seems like the perfect candidate for Nintendo placing fighter number 5 under lock and key in fort Knox.
People seem to say that if Sora is in he would have leaked by now, but something to keep in kind was that Terry was locked down tight and only got out when Nintendo screwed up with the copyright signature, NO ONE got Joker, and Banjo was nothing but wishful thinking until extremely close to E3. Hero is the only outlier in being a horribly kept secret

So if Sora is our guy I don't doubt that they'd have his development shrouded in secrecy

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I still feel like Travis Touchdown could show up for some odd reason, or some wildcard pick like Waluigi if it really has come to this. I'm having trouble thinking of anybody else though.

As much as I've seen people say, "Too bad, Waluigi time" I still haven't seen anybody share this wonderful clip:

I've actually seen this before, such a blessed clip. I love how Martinet can effortlessly change the tone of his voice to that of Waluigi's out of the blue like that.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
On the subject of Kratos being one possible contender

People cite the whole crossplay thing as Sony finally opening up and being more accepting of other companies and being buddies but don't forget, for the longest time Sony was absolutely stubborn in its refusal to allow crossplay and to keep its players within the Playstation ecosystem. It took the combined might of everyone pestering them for a whole year and even game devs calling them out on being stingy for them to finally go "Alright, fine, geeze, here you go!"

They opened up crossplay, but they had to be dragged kicking and screaming over to the big button they needed to push. It feels like Sony being 'friendly' is doing this through clenched teeth. Oh, let's not also forget that Sony wanting to hoard Persona all to themselves is the reason we still don't have P5 on the Switch, and we're only getting the spin-off

Microsoft on the other hand proved they were willing to go the distance with its friendship to Nintendo; with Minecraft, Ori, and Cuphead, and making crossplay the cornerstone of their new relationship. In fact, it's because of them that Sony was suddenly catching heat! That's why we all pushed for Banjo so hard, we knew this was the time to make it happen and it did.

So... I'm kind of doubtful that they'll give up a first party IP like Kratos to join Smash Bros.

Crash is a slightly different matter since even though Sony is waving him around as their returned mascot, he's a multiplat franchise and owned by Activision. I'm very confident he's inevitable at some point.

For right now though, I feel like Sony will sooner make a PSABR 2 then let Nintendo take one of their characters.

But hey, crazier things have happened! I could be totally wrong!
I just want sackboy man

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Would just like to link a news post of the King for Another Day tournament that features Geno.
https://mojo.highquality.rip/2019/12/first-round-losers-support-group/

Geno doesn't do too much in this post, but I find the position he does take is rather fitting for his character. It's clear he doesn't have a problem with losing in the first round(Especially compared to some of the other characters there), but still takes part and supports the others who do have issues.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Would just like to link a news post of the King for Another Day tournament that features Geno.

Geno doesn't do too much in this post, but I find the position he does take is rather fitting for his character. It's clear he doesn't have a problem with losing in the first round(Especially compared to some of the other characters there), but still takes part and supports the others who do have issues.
Us: GODDAMMIT, GENO LOST IN THE FIRST ROUND AGAIN! BOTH TIMES! 0-3! NOOO!

Geno: nah lol it's all good man, i'll stick around for the rest of the ride, good luck everyone

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Us: GODDAMMIT, GENO LOST IN THE FIRST ROUND AGAIN! BOTH TIMES! 0-3! NOOO!

Geno: nah lol it's all good man, i'll stick around for the rest of the ride, good luck everyone
I mean, we did just get that Freak in a Sheet rip, so in-universe he is still making some jams for the fun of it despite him being knocked out. Very humble.

D

Deleted member

Yeah Geno is definitely one of the more laid back contestants yet it's in his character to not get hung up over losing as it just seems that he's there to have fun. Honestly I can't blame him either that's what the tournament is all about and what the Silva team have been pushing that no matter who wins the tournament it's all for fun.

Geno has been very respectable during the tournament regardless of if he got voted out first round or not his sportsmanship really shined through with how he treated Johnny Bravo and how he took his loss so good for him I'm proud of my star boy.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I mean, we did just get that Freak in a Sheet rip, so in-universe he is still making some jams for the fun of it despite him being knocked out. Very humble.
He's just here for the ride and for the fun of it. This stuff is why I don't get how some people characterize Geno as this MASSIVE jerk. Like... no. That ain't him. The Geno here, though, THIS is him. I do wish we got to see more of his dorky side shine through, but it's all good.

That being said...

I lol'd at the honest name bit.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
He's just here for the ride and for the fun of it. This stuff is why I don't get how some people characterize Geno as this MASSIVE jerk. Like... no. That ain't him. The Geno here, though, THIS is him. I do wish we got to see more of his dorky side shine through, but it's all good.

That being said...

I lol'd at the honest name bit.
Honestly, my big hope is that he helps out DJ Professor K if what Monkuma said to him really causes issues in his perception of the tournament. Geno seems just right for that.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

I can't speak for the other characters but i'm glad they took the time to write geno more accurate to his character. It always bothers me when people just make a weird meme of him instead and then it always ends up reflecting badly on us somehow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, my big hope is that he helps out DJ Professor K if what Monkuma said to him really causes issues in his perception of the tournament. Geno seems just right for that.
Yeah I do wonder where that discussion will lead if it goes anywhere that is. Would it really warp DJ Professor K's perception of the tournament? Cause he seems to be the "anime protagonist" of the tournament if you will with how positive and cheerful he is with the other contestants.

How big of a change would his perception of the tournament really go? Though if it does warp his perception Geno would be a go to contestant to help set the way he sees the tournament straight.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
*Here's some weapons playing in the background*
"Welcome to the Geno thread, how can we help you today?"View attachment 250336
True art. Beautiful.

(Insert "There I am gary" meme here)
Yeah I do wonder where that discussion will lead if it goes anywhere that is. Would it really warp DJ Professor K's perception of the tournament? Cause he seems to be the "anime protagonist" of the tournament if you will with how positive and cheerful he is with the other contestants.

How big of a change would his perception of the tournament really go? Though if it does warp his perception Geno would be a go to contestant to help set the way he sees the tournament straight.
I imagine it would take time. Monokuma has a way of poking and prodding at people until they fall to despair.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I am back, from seeing my mother at the hospital. She is having stomach problems. Also, my dad is having back surgery next Wednesday.

Anyway, just less than one week until The Game Awards!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Character 5 is a thank you to Sakurai from Nintendo and it's one of the characters from the game before it turned into Smash Brothers.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Well, I am back, from seeing my mother at the hospital. She is having stomach problems. Also, my dad is having back surgery next Wednesday.

Nice to have you back partner, i hope that your family gets better soon!

D

Deleted member

Aw man sorry to hear that! Hopefully your situation improves and that it's nothing too serious! Glad to see you're back though.
True art. Beautiful.

(Insert "There I am gary" meme here)

I imagine it would take time. Monokuma has a way of poking and prodding at people until they fall to despair.
Yeah it won't immediately wear on Professor K as things like that take time so it won't be the next interview or the one immediately after that if it does change Professor K. Whatever happens I think the situation is interesting to say the least and I wonder just how far it'll effect his mentality.

Hopefully Geno plays a part in bringing him back to reality though as Monokuma just messes with and manipulates people.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nice to have you back partner, i hope that your family gets better soon!
Aw man sorry to hear that! Hopefully your situation improves and that it's nothing too serious! Glad to see you're back though.
Yeah, I hope so too. I hope things get better for my family. Thanks for saying that you hope things get better for them, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom