• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
With all the uncertainty on FP5 I would almost lean on it being somebody less-likely like Bill Rizer; the only problem is while Contra has a legacy that goes back to the NES days I really don't know that the Contra franchise would mean anything enough for Sakurai to consider him as a fighter. Much as I love the Contra franchise I just don't really see it happening, but given how difficult it's been to narrow down a good candidate for #5 I really don't know what to think at this point if we're rolling with all the disconfirmed characters being out of the question. I'd love it if one of them on the list blindsided us and found their way in though (hint: Doomguy with caco mii hat).

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
At this point i'm thinking either Reimu, Monokuma or just like... Doom Guy or somthing and it will turned out the insiders have been duped.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You know, considering what I often hear people dismiss her with, I kinda want her in just so that rule can be broken. Not because I see other characters benefiting from it being gone, but just because it would be funny.
"Super Smash Bros. is for good boys and girls."

Just like limits, rules were made to be broken.

1575597025159.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
At this point i'm thinking either Reimu, Monokuma or just like... Doom Guy or somthing and it will turned out the insiders have been duped.
In order for the insiders to be duped, both NoA sources would have had to have been duped too. Granted, one of them is burned out and said they're done after VGAs so whether he's right is irrelevant. Him lying as a big **** you would be spectacular and there's a small side of me that hopes that's the case. The guy has put up with a ton of bull**** in the past year and a half so him exiting the stage backwards with both middle fingers raised high and proud would be entirely justifiable.

Zac's Realm

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7852-2717-2984
Locking in VGA picks, huh?

Gee. I wonder who i'm predicting. No points for guessing that it's Monokuma.

Honestly, with a crap ton of his major competition knocked out i'd even go as far as to say he's... pretty likely? For once? But if I had to pick a 'most likely' safe pick, it'd be Travis Touchdown at this point after all the deconfirmations.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I can't even be sure at all about any VGA picks, so I'm just going to lock in my prediction:

It'll be someone no one speculated, or at least not much.

:drflip: ... Yeah, that's all I got.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I can't even be sure at all about any VGA picks, so I'm just going to lock in my prediction:

It'll be someone no one speculated, or at least not much.

:drflip: ... Yeah, that's all I got.
One sec, you made a speculation, so now I need to go make a thread about it on gamefaqs.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
VGA picks, eh?

Hmm...

I'll just go all in and say Geno WILL be revealed at the Game Awards, alongside Fighter 5! Dual reveal, double the hype, big event. Let's GO. :yeahboi:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
My VGA pick?
My biased one: Master Chief. He seems like a great left field pick and would break the internet

What I expect: Travis Touchdown. He seems pretty viable, and I think Suda is friends with Sakurai? He’d be a pretty cool and deserved pick

Ovaltine

Smash Master
VGA picks, eh?

Hmm...

I'll just go all in and say Geno WILL be revealed at the Game Awards, alongside Fighter 5! Dual reveal, double the hype, big event. Let's GO.:yeahboi:
Imagine a Sora and Geno dual reveal.

I think I'd lose my mind and have a coronary. Now THAT is a heck of a dream.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
In all honesty Ive never been a fan of Sora or Kingdom Hearts in general, but if Sora got in I’d be cool with it and happy for his fans. He doesnt strike me as much competition to Geno anymore, since the Disney ownership would mean much less money to Square than Geno would rake in

Ovaltine

Smash Master
In all honesty Ive never been a fan of Sora or Kingdom Hearts in general, but if Sora got in I’d be cool with it and happy for his fans. He doesnt strike me as much competition to Geno anymore, since the Disney ownership would mean much less money to Square than Geno would rake in
I'd lean more towards Geno's outfit not dropping with Sora, given the circumstances, or for his set of costumes to be completely wild cards like B-K's. If he was fighter 5, I feel it'd be more likely that Geno's outfit would still be absent. However, it is DEFINITELY still a possibility if Sora does get in. I'll be a mix of hype and super happy for Sora's fans... while also scared of that outfit dropping again (worse yet, if it doesn't have an updated Mii head, because the outfit SORELY needs it).

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
In order for the insiders to be duped, both NoA sources would have had to have been duped too. Granted, one of them is burned out and said they're done after VGAs so whether he's right is irrelevant. Him lying as a big **** you would be spectacular and there's a small side of me that hopes that's the case. The guy has put up with a ton of bull**** in the past year and a half so him exiting the stage backwards with both middle fingers raised high and proud would be entirely justifiable.
Retiring NOA source to the leaking community:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Might as well join in on the guesses for FP5-- Given all the "disconfirms" are true, personally, I'd love to see Reimu, but I do feel like she'd be unlikely there; even more so with the VGAs as a venue for the announcement, she wouldn't be recognized by many...

And for a more "realistic" pick, my guess is Travis Touchdown, even if it might seem a bit far-off, I can't think of many characters that'd fit, but my reasoning is that as far as I know, Suda is on pretty good terms with Sakurai, plus, the topic for "Travis in Smash" has come up before, so I can kinda see it; He'd be a nice character to reveal on the VGAs, too.

Of course, after FP5, I really hope Geno comes soon. Can't wait for us to finally see who that "final" character is.

D

Deleted member

I'm still on the "It can be literally anyone and I have no idea who it could be" train. There's thousands of video game characters out there and unless Nintendo themselves or Sabi/Verge speak out about who it is instead of who it isn't I don't think we'll know until reveal.

For me at least it's impossible to guess and I don't really care about #5 unless it's something like Sora in which case I worry about the Geno Mii Costume but otherwise he'd be cool since I have a friend who really likes Sora and I'd be happy for them plus I'd like to see the internet break again.

I would love for Reimu to be #5 though but I think that's really unlikely especially for the video game awards.

Last edited by a moderator:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, it's so hard to make a serious pick, but I think if I had to go with my absolute gut feeling, insofar as 'completely new to smash', I'll hedge my bets onnnn

Phoenix Wright. My, my, how the turnabout tables.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Do we have a list of the big companies that HAVEN'T been disconfirmed yet?

Shoot, I'm just gonna guess peacock.. peacock for smash
my brain is full of peacock.png

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I'd lean more towards Geno's outfit not dropping with Sora, given the circumstances, or for his set of costumes to be completely wild cards like B-K's. If he was fighter 5, I feel it'd be more likely that Geno's outfit would still be absent. However, it is DEFINITELY still a possibility if Sora does get in. I'll be a mix of hype and super happy for Sora's fans... while also scared of that outfit dropping again (worse yet, if it doesn't have an updated Mii head, because the outfit SORELY needs it).
Yeah that is a bit of a fear I have, but I’d eat my hat if Sora is #5. Like fatman said they’d probably have seriously heard Sora by now, so I think he’d have to be late wave 2 or wave 3. And with Geno looking very likely to be #6 or 7 I think we’re in the clear

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Honestly, it's so hard to make a serious pick, but I think if I had to go with my absolute gut feeling, insofar as 'completely new to smash', I'll hedge my bets onnnn

Phoenix Wright. My, my, how the turnabout tables.
With Phoenix Wright having been "deconfirmed" (which I put in quotes because the way Sabi's acting about Capcom's deconfirmation is chin-rubbing-ly suspect), I'm placing him in the "curveball pick" category. We think he's out of the running for Fighter 5, but there's always the possibility...

As for a serious "likely" pick? ... I dunno, I can't really put my finger on anyone. At most, I think it'll be someone from a different company than all the other Fighters Pass characters, like Sol Badguy (Arc System Works) or Travis Touchdown (Marvelous).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom