• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I wouldn't call it neutral...
As neutral as Geno discussion can get. As in, "This Geno leak might be real, let's look at what it has going for and against it" rather than "Geno is in the leak? Obviously fake, why would that puppet be in the game?" That's what I mean.

D

Deleted member

A bit sketchy, but I don't think we should look too much into it. It's a nice room set-up, especially the Pokemon egg cushion at the bottom (lol it's cute)
Sabi probably liked it because of that. Nothing to do with Smash or leaks. Just because Sabi likes something that doesn't always mean Smash. So if Sabi happens to like a Papa John's ad, does that mean Papa Johns is getting into Smash? Of course not.
Well, this happened almost as if in response to me:
https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1203001016762822656

As neutral as Geno discussion can get. As in, "This Geno leak might be real, let's look at what it has going for and against it" rather than "Geno is in the leak? Obviously fake, why would that puppet be in the game?" That's what I mean.
I get that, it's true that we do at least try to kill our own expectations around here. But man, sometimes it feels like anything is a positive sign for us.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah...nobody is fighter 5. We've all been tricked. Fighter 5 doesn't exist. All that exists is this speculation hell where we are forced to speculate over our favorite characters forever....and ever....and ever.....and ever.....
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Phoenix Wright time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At this point I am seeing Zubaz “The Storm” from Super Best Friends Play being Fighter 5.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
You know, from what I've seen, Sabi likes tweets that are directed at him, or that he's mentioned in.

Why did Sabi like this. It's doing me a frighten.
View attachment 250417
Maybe Sabi just likes this tweet with no alternative motives. Like I got a friend request from Sabi on Discord because I said Crash has a terrible design in their server. These leakers are human beings after all.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I love the fact Sabi said awhile ago "I will not deconfirm anymore characters..." Then we get "BTW Not Sora"

I guess if you hype a character enough, someone has to shoot it down. Was certain Sora was not Fighter 5, but again, Just waiting for whoever 5 is so we can look forward to Post Pass Fighters.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Alright, you got me, I have no ****ing idea who Fighter 5 can possibly be at this point

Fun ride while it lasted

D

Deleted member

I would like to apologize to everyone for causing some drama. I should of ignored him like I said before heh. Please forgive my actions and it was wrong of me to call him out at an unrelated site.
Yeah...nobody is fighter 5. We've all been tricked. Fighter 5 doesn't exist. All that exists is this speculation hell where we are forced to speculate over our favorite characters forever....and ever....and ever.....and ever.....

Phoenix Wright time
Don’t forget Travis!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

At this point I am seeing Zubaz “The Storm” from Super Best Friends Play being Fighter 5.
I'd laugh, but I don't think he counts as a video game character.

I can't believe I'm actually all in on Waluigi or Duke Nukem.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Woke up to 4 new pages only to find people taking bait again. I get most of you have figured it out by now but Christ yall it's not that hard.

Yeah this a good example of my issues with sabi I hate this teasing stuff, I mean there is a good chance that it doesn't mean anything but still.

As much as I'd love to join on a spirit discussion you never said what the parameters were and the difference between a at and a png is kinda important

In other words, good morning geno thread

Edit: yes I see that sabi made an update, didn't exist yet while I was typing this up.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I will literally put money on it not being Waluigi. After the reception of Joker last year, they're not ending on a weak reveal like that at the GAME AWARDS

Firox

Smash Master
Let's say hypothetically sakurai comes out and says that there will be three spirit upgrades that are strong enough to become fighters. Geno is revealed to be the first one. Who would be the other two?
One would be Rayman, hands-down. The other, I have no idea. Is there a spirit for Felix from Golden Sun?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Alright, you got me, I have no ****ing idea who Fighter 5 can possibly be at this point

Fun ride while it lasted

Master chief and Travis touchdown I recall still in the running (need proof sudo is lying intentionally due to legal right nintendo sues people who leak stuff)

And Konami rep

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Wow, the stuff that I kept on saying for months has turned out to be true.
giphy (5).gif

D

Deleted member

I will literally put money on it not being Waluigi. After the reception of Joker last year, they're not ending on a weak reveal like that at the GAME AWARDS
A weak reveal? One of the loudest fanbases, considered the epitome of toxicity within Smash speculation, an assist trophy, going into round 2 of DLC that was said to be for the fans?

Waluigi is actually the strongest reveal still possible.

Huh, that's interesting. I think that could be just a coincidence, though.
Well, obviously I didn't think Sabi was catering to me, there. Just found it funny.

D

Deleted member

So Sora is out of the running? Yeah I still have no idea who it could be. Sol or Reimu perhaps but probably not. I'm just not gonna bet on any singular character and wait for the reveal tbh.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I wouldn’t bet on Waluigi or anything but the reveal at the Game Awards is going to be whoever they have done. I don’t think the Smash team is too concerned with who gets revealed where, or planning their development schedule around an award show.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Speaking of which, Sabi/Verge should probably deconfirm an already represented company in the FP. Who knows if SE wants to double-dip, or Microsoft wants to add Chief/Steve.

Though, literally who is left? It feels like this character is going to be niche.
What if...

1575653821107.png

Firox

Smash Master
literally who is even left
I'm starting to get scared because I think we've narrowed it down to the truly obscure. I'm beginning to think we're in for another hard-core WTF pick. It makes sense given Smash's history of ending on a whimper. Watch it be Tingle from Legend of Zelda, or maybe Grover from the Sesame Street counting game on the NES. With literally every one of my hopes deconfirmed, I'm having a really hard time imagining myself not being horribly disappointed.

D

Deleted member

Sol, Waluigi,or some character that Sakurai has secretly been developing in his basement that literally no insider has heard about. That's where I'm personally at.
Same Fatman.

Maybe some of my odd pipe dream additions could be the new fighter?

Saber or Pauline would be really dope.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Master chief and Travis touchdown I recall still in the running (need proof sudo is lying intentionally due to legal right nintendo sues people who leak stuff)

And Konami rep
“Sudo” is how you do commands with admin privileges in Linux, “Suda” is the punk rock madman who makes No More Heroes

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
I know that good Geno fans exist, is just that the bad ones really tired me for a looong while in Discord and Smashfaqs, a year ago i was neutral about Geno, i would prefer other characters, but i wouldn't mind him.
Then the toxic fans started to be everywhere, it was so annoying that i started to dislike Geno and stated his flaws the entire time, doesn't helps that i've seen like 2 good fans, and some dozens of toxic ones, so i obviously started to think that the entire fanbase is the worst thing ever.
I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with toxic fans of any stripe, Geno or otherwise. They can sap the fun out of a character or game in a very real way, and the Smash speculation scene has been infested with toxicity for ages now. I remember when speculation cycles used to be fun...

But at the end of the day, how you respond to the toxic fans is on you. Being “tired for a looong time” over bad Geno fans is no excuse for being a troll yourself, and it’s certainly no excuse for choosing to hate on a video game character. Sure, you’re entitled to your own opinions about which characters to like and dislike, but hating on one because you don’t like the people who like the character isn’t a very compelling basis at all. Being tainted by association only goes so far before it turns into absurdity, and I think feeling of hatred towards a fictional video game character crosses that line.

I’m also a bit curious as to what your goal is in this thread. You were once neutral about Geno, then you got annoyed by the toxic fans. Now, you dislike Geno, and take pleasure in trolling what you call the echo chamber. You do realize the likely outcome of your trolling, right? If you troll toxic fans, they will become even more toxic...And if the toxic fans are what made you so tired in the first place, why on earth would you perpetuate and aggravate the toxicity? You’re contributing to the same problem you found so annoying in the first place. That makes very little sense to me.

Also, I think it’s unfair to make generalizations about the entire fanbase, just because of your negative experience with toxic fans. According to Sakurai himself, Geno is “incredibly popular,” and “we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game.” That speaks to a fandom that far surpasses the ones you encounter ”in Discord and Smashfaqs,” so it’s very irresponsible to take your limited exposure, and brand the entire fandom as “the worst thing ever.” Sure, you can say that the Geno fans you’ve interacted with haven’t been great, but that’s really all you can honestly claim. I’ve been a Geno fan ever since Melee, and I don’t believe I’ve ever talked to you about him in Smash before. But according to you, I’m worse than a criminal.

Anyway...Again, I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with toxic Geno fans. But trust me, there are plenty of decent people in the world who like him too. It might be hard to find them if all you do is troll the Geno fans you meet, but they‘re out there. And if you’d ever like to chat with a Geno fan who doesn’t care if you agree or disagree with him, shoot me a DM.

Firox

Smash Master
“Sudo” is how you do commands with admin privileges in Linux, “Suda” is the punk rock madman who makes No More Heroes
And "Psudo" is an ingredient of methamphetamine. Thanks, Walter White! The more you know!™

Ovaltine

Smash Master
wtf Sora is potentially disconfirmed, too?

WHAT IS EVEN GOING TO HAPPEN ON THE 12TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom