• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Any time there is a "this character is likely going to be the Fifth Fighter"
source (1).gif

This is directed to all you people who keep thinking Kratos or Waluigi going to be it.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah I expect this to be somthing that most people will find confusing and/or disappointing and/or maybe waluigi, and the deconfirmations of the next few days will likely back this up. I would love to see it just be ryu and have this whole thing come crashing down though

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

wtf Sora is potentially disconfirmed, too?

WHAT IS EVEN GOING TO HAPPEN ON THE 12TH
I’ll tell you what is happening:

The Smash fandom will go nuts either on a good or bad way... and they will reveal Metroid Prime Trilogy 2.

...And after that, the stage will go all dark... and this song plays making way to the most awaited trailer ever:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I’ll tell you what is happening:

The Smash fandom will go nuts either on a good or bad way... and they will reveal Metroid Prime Trilogy 2.

...And after that, the stage will go all dark... and this song plays making way to the most awaited trailer ever:
Have I told you lately that I love you in the most homosexual way possible?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm truly expecting one of the characters we were told was deconfirmed to be our guy, and for all of this being one giant mindgame to throw everyone off the trail. There's basically no one left

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
It’s gonna be Wander from Shadow of the Colossus, his dash will still have the awkward prancing animation.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Can we say EARTHWORM JIM, BOYS?!

... Okay, probably not, but he'd be great. His move set potential is awesome.

D

Deleted member

If I had to guess I'd say probably Sol, Reimu or some very left-field pick like Walugi or one of our "disconfirmed" characters are #5.

Otherwise yeah I have absolutely no idea and even with those guesses out of the way I still have no idea.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
You know, if that Mallow & Smithy Mii Costumes are still true then Forest's Mushroom gets tied to Geno Mii Costume and Fight Against an Armed Boss gets tied to Smithy Mii Costume.
Then what music track comes with the Mallow Hat/Costume? Checkmate, atheists. :ultpacman:
About your first point:
- The Smash team likely never cared about the whole music tracks being taken down, I don't know why it's used as a huge point FOR Geno's inclusion (Though it does support it slightly). They would NEVER hint at a character's presence by taking down a music track, and they probably didn't think it was going to be taken extremely seriously.
Well, there was that fanmade Banjo-Kazooie Smash remix and that fanmade Megalovania Smash remix that both got taken down by Nintendo despite them not owning copyright on those songs, which is exactly what happened with the two SMRPG songs since they also wouldn't be owned by Nintendo, given that Yoko Shimomura used those songs on her own album with nary a mention towards Nintendo.
-Putting SMRPG references is not a definitive hint towards Geno in Smash. For example, Sakurai outright used the Camelot angle for official advertisement of Smash Ultimate; but Isaac didn't get added into the game as a fighter.
But this goes a bit further than a mere camera angle, though.
- Namedropping Mega Smilax in :ultpiranha:'s Palutena's Guidance when listing Piranha Plant species.
- :ultpiranha:'s end card for Classic Mode being a reference to an old japanese SMRPG commercial.
- Yo'ster Isle getting referenced in Yoshi's Crafted World via a brand of cookies titled "Yo'ster Cookies".
- Numerous other references to the game over the years since Geno's Mii Costume was included in Smash 4. This is a bit more significant since, before that, you'd see no references to the game whatsoever in any official manner. The sole exception to this being Geno cameoing in Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Since Smash 4, we've seen Nintendo's official social media accounts reference the game, and there was also a quiz question at the VGAs one year centered around SMRPG.
Now I totally agree that this could all mean nothing. It's totally possible that the references to Mega Smilax, the old commercial, and Yo'ster Isle could be because they reference characters owned by Nintendo, thus they would be able to make reference to it. After all, it's not like SquareEnix owns Piranha Plant or Yoshi. However, I think it's still worth considering, especially since them referencing things that would come to Smash has happened before. Case and point, :ultzss:'s All-Star clear image for Smash 4 Wii U:
credit_img02_szerosuit.png

Alright, you got me, I have no ****ing idea who Fighter 5 can possibly be at this point

Fun ride while it lasted

There was a problem fetching the tweet
BadSasuke.jpg

Saw it comin'.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I really don't understand where Sol even came from. He just kinda popped up one day and everyone accepted him as fact.

D

Deleted member

If I had to guess I'd say probably Sol, Reimu or some very left-field pick like Walugi or one of our "disconfirmed" characters are #5.

Otherwise yeah I have absolutely no idea and even with those guesses out of the way I still have no idea.
As a Reimu supporter it would be great to finally see her in Smash.

Sol Badguy would rock too doh.

And I suppose Saber Artoria hasn’t been deconfirmed yet.

D

Deleted member

Can we say EARTHWORM JIM, BOYS?!

... Okay, probably not, but he'd be great. His move set potential is awesome.
I predicted Earthworm Jim back when we only had Joker, but I think one of his creators said that it wasn't happening. Sad, since he's something of an icon in my opinion, and is getting a new game.

I really don't understand where Sol even came from. He just kinda popped up one day and everyone accepted him as fact.
Known leaker and chronic liar Fatmanonice aka Vergeben said he was a possibility and the masses took it to heart, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
It’s gonna be Wander from Shadow of the Colossus, his dash will still have the awkward prancing animation.
As long as he can latch on to other fighters and have a grip meter...Oh God NVM. He would be busted! Holds on to dear life and just stabbing other fighters...

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
If 5 winds up becoming Sol or Waluigi, I'm going to go out of my way to become Burb Burb 's step dad. I will not cease until my ring is on that woman's finger. It will be my new life mission.
Did I miss something this week? What does sol and wa have to do with burb?

D

Deleted member

Darn, watch Sol and Reimu get deconfirmed soon. If they get deconfirmed, literally no one is left. At least one that's been a prominent character in speculation.
No Wright, Doomguy, RE reps, Lloyd, MH, Hayabusa, Sora, et cetera...

All these characters would have been perfect for FP5. So yeah, judging by how Sakurai likes to end on "controversial" picks for whatever reason (Game and Watch, ROB, Incineroar) then I'm going to have to believe that this character is just gonna be a literal who, unfortunately. (I doubt it's gonna be Waluigi, though that will blow my mind if he does happen)
Which is disappointing, especially after the great line-up we've had with this FP.
This is how my revenge towards Papagenos’s Discord server will come to fruiction.

Saber Artoria will turn out to be Fighter 5, and all the people who mocked me and rejected my existence for wanting her will have to deal with it.

Then, I will go there and ask all the people over there “Who are the madmen now?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom