• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Geno in your avatar on that meme picture with his arms like that looks like a Mafia boss.

23 pages to go until we surpass the Smash 4 Ridley thread y'all.
and just over 600 posts until we hit the legendary quintuples.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh no one specifically, Fatman just brought up that last VGA’s Nintendo’s own staff received gaming magazines with Samus on the cover, implying that Metroid Prime would be shown off in some manner and, well, it didn’t and those were fake, so we’ve been tossing around the idea that whatever character the insiders think is character 5 might be bait. Also the idea of the character order being shifted came up, so maybe the character who was 5 is now 6. Something similar seemingly happened with Joker, everyone thought Hero would come first in inside circles.
To add to this, there was a minor attempt to get people to believe that Sephiroth was going to be a VGA reveal last year but it never really gained traction so people strongly doubt it was a real attempt at misinformation by Square or anyone else.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
This thread right now is almost moving at the speed of light! I'm loving it!
I was laughing about it before, but, at the rate we're going, I'd be genuinely surprised if we didn't hit the big 2K by the time of the Awards show.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
On the subject of Kratos being one possible contender

People cite the whole crossplay thing as Sony finally opening up and being more accepting of other companies and being buddies but don't forget, for the longest time Sony was absolutely stubborn in its refusal to allow crossplay and to keep its players within the Playstation ecosystem. It took the combined might of everyone pestering them for a whole year and even game devs calling them out on being stingy for them to finally go "Alright, fine, geeze, here you go!"

They opened up crossplay, but they had to be dragged kicking and screaming over to the big button they needed to push. It feels like Sony being 'friendly' is doing this through clenched teeth. Oh, let's not also forget that Sony wanting to hoard Persona all to themselves is the reason we still don't have P5 on the Switch, and we're only getting the spin-off

Microsoft on the other hand proved they were willing to go the distance with its friendship to Nintendo; with Minecraft, Ori, and Cuphead, and making crossplay the cornerstone of their new relationship. In fact, it's because of them that Sony was suddenly catching heat! That's why we all pushed for Banjo so hard, we knew this was the time to make it happen and it did.

So... I'm kind of doubtful that they'll give up a first party IP like Kratos to join Smash Bros.

Crash is a slightly different matter since even though Sony is waving him around as their returned mascot, he's a multiplat franchise and owned by Activision. I'm very confident he's inevitable at some point.

For right now though, I feel like Sony will sooner make a PSABR 2 then let Nintendo take one of their characters.

But hey, crazier things have happened! I could be totally wrong!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was laughing about it before, but, at the rate we're going, I'd be genuinely surprised if we didn't hit the big 2K by the time of the Awards show.
We will. I think the Banjo & Kazooie thread passed like 70 to 80 pages on the day and before they were announced. Geno bros! The time of Geno's return is coming VERY soon.

Hey wait a minute....
Yep, can't forget about MissingGlitch MissingGlitch .

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
This thread right now is almost moving at the speed of light! I'm loving it!
For people like me who are taking a brief hiatus, getting back in here to see what was going on almost made me faint. Over 25 pages since I last said something?! My word!

Hope everyone in the thread is doing well though! I'll be back soon!

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
For people like me who are taking a brief hiatus, getting back in here to see what was going on almost made me faint. Over 25 pages since I last said something?! My word!

See you in another 25 pages!

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

This thread has been moving at the speed of light lately, haha. I was just gone for less than a day and I missed almost as many pages as you, if you can believe that.

Anyway, hope you'll do fine while you're out from here as well, see ya!

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Looks like the gang's all here.

I also appreciate being Big Smoke in the pic.

ALL WE HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE DAMN THREAD, FRANCO!
Yes we are, now let's go get some happy meals or something
WHEN I'M GONE EVERYONE GONNA REMEMBER MY MEMES...MALO MART!

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I gotta say FP5 has to be the most ninja character ever to have stayed so well hidden for this long.
Ninja huh?.....
IT WAS RYU THE WHOLE TIME!
On the subject of Kratos being one possible contender

People cite the whole crossplay thing as Sony finally opening up and being more accepting of other companies and being buddies but don't forget, for the longest time Sony was absolutely stubborn in its refusal to allow crossplay and to keep its players within the Playstation ecosystem. It took the combined might of everyone pestering them for a whole year and even game devs calling them out on being stingy for them to finally go "Alright, fine, geeze, here you go!"

They opened up crossplay, but they had to be dragged kicking and screaming over to the big button they needed to push. It feels like Sony being 'friendly' is doing this through clenched teeth. Oh, let's not also forget that Sony wanting to hoard Persona all to themselves is the reason we still don't have P5 on the Switch, and we're only getting the spin-off

Microsoft on the other hand proved they were willing to go the distance with its friendship to Nintendo; with Minecraft, Ori, and Cuphead, and making crossplay the cornerstone of their new relationship. In fact, it's because of them that Sony was suddenly catching heat! That's why we all pushed for Banjo so hard, we knew this was the time to make it happen and it did.

So... I'm kind of doubtful that they'll give up a first party IP like Kratos to join Smash Bros.

Crash is a slightly different matter since even though Sony is waving him around as their returned mascot, he's a multiplat franchise and owned by Activision. I'm very confident he's inevitable at some point.

For right now though, I feel like Sony will sooner make a PSABR 2 then let Nintendo take one of their characters.

But hey, crazier things have happened! I could be totally wrong!
This is pretty how I feel about the Sony situation as well. I know Plank and some others on here really want a Sony rep, but as long as they won’t play nice with Nintendo, I dont think it’s gonna happen.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Yes we are, now let's go get some happy meals or something
WHEN I'M GONE EVERYONE GONNA REMEMBER MY MEMES...MALO MART!
I’ll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I wonder if Nintendo has ever dropped any canary traps on leakers...?
Okay so I had to look up what a canary trap is but I do think a situation like that is entirely possible. It’s basically what was happening with the Seven Squares thing last year. Oh man it’d be so great if Verge’s source and Sabi’s sources came forward to them and all said different names.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Haven't been here in a while, and hundreds of pages have passed. I've tried looking at things to catch up and have tried googling stuff, but I'm a bit lost. What's the news these days? I know the VGAs are coming up but I can't manage to sort anything out.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Hey guys, so at this site https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/sweepstakes/ Nintendo is having a sweepstakes where every day you can potentially win prize packs, each one is themed to a different game or series, they each have names like "Pokemon Prize-A-Palooza!" or "Super Mario Maker Madness!"

And let's see which pack is available on the 12th

1575587488669.png

Hmmm, now that sounds kind of familiar...

1575587606391.png

So I think this clinches the reveal IS on the 12th for absolute sure

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Hey guys, so at this site https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/sweepstakes/ Nintendo is having a sweepstakes where every day you can potentially win prize packs, each one is themed to a different game or series, they each have names like "Pokemon Prize-A-Palooza!" or "Super Mario Maker Madness!"

And let's see which pack is available on the 12th

View attachment 250231

Hmmm, now that sounds kind of familiar...

View attachment 250233

So I think this clinches the reveal IS on the 12th for absolute sure
Not really? That could apply to a bunch of games.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
No wait guys, guys, guys

I had a startling realization

"A new prize has appeared"
"A new challenger has appeared"

1575588076229.png

Its meme time lads

Zac's Realm

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7852-2717-2984
Is that prize packs giveaway thing even legit? I remember seeing super similar-looking scams a few years back for things like League of Legends.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Haven't been here in a while, and hundreds of pages have passed. I've tried looking at things to catch up and have tried googling stuff, but I'm a bit lost. What's the news these days? I know the VGAs are coming up but I can't manage to sort anything out.
Insiders say character 5 is not Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Crash, Tracer, Scorpion, Gordon Freeman, a Capcom character, a Namco character, a Level 5 character, or a few other companies that I honestly forgot. We still don’t have any leads on who it actually is. Also it’s Fatman’s birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom