• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Speaking of fourth party reps!

If any of you here play Brawlhalla, they've been putting out cryptic teasers the past few days

And based on who has been guest characters in that game, I have only one thing to say

WE. ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS! WE'LL ALWAYS SAVE THE DAY! AND IF YOU THINK WE CAN'T, WE'LL ALWAYS FIND A WAY!"

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

If any of you here play Brawlhalla, they've been putting out cryptic teasers the past few days

And based on who has been guest characters in that game, I have only one thing to say

WE. ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS! WE'LL ALWAYS SAVE THE DAY! AND IF YOU THINK WE CAN'T, WE'LL ALWAYS FIND A WAY!"
WTF I love Brawlhalla now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Pearl is best girl. Don't @ me.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know who that Vocaroo "leak" is referring to? It's driving me mad lol, not that I believe it, I'm just dead curious

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't recall that being a thing. Wasn't it just a result of a lot of the models being ported over from MvC3, with the mMrvel ones looking better because they were just naturally updated to be more like the movie versions?
This is what we thought until a former artist on the game made a reddit post about his experience working on MvCI and saying that was the specific order.

What annoys me about the whole situation is Capcom spent a month getting memed over the Chun Li/Dante faces and was being called lazy left and right while Disney, who is completely responsible made out with no bad press.

Disney for the most part killed thr MvC franchise by taking total control over the direction of the game.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I have absolutely no idea who #5 could be I thought Lloyd and it probably isn't Lloyd, I thought Layton it's not Layton, I thought a MOBA character it probably isn't a MOBA character, I have no idea.

That said I don't really think they'll double dip on Microsoft characters within the same pass if honestly ever for all we know Banjo could've been a rare exception due to his legacy with Nintendo so I don't really think Master Chief is #5 and I don't believe that leak though I would love to be wrong and for Chief to be #5 as that would absolutely destroy the internet.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I just want to say.

Rayman is going to fight Steven Universe characters before he fights Mario & Sonic.

And that's just Bonkers.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I just want to say.

Rayman is going to fight Steven Universe characters before he fights Mario & Sonic.

And that's just Bonkers.
Don't forget Adventure Time characters and WWE wrestlers

Brawlhalla has no rhyme or reason with its guest fighters its great

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Don't forget Adventure Time characters and WWE wrestlers

Brawlhalla has no rhyme or reason with its guest fighters its great
Rayman fighting Finn and Jake, Heihachi fighting Negan, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle existing, somehow Mario fighting Sonic doesn’t seem as crazy as it once did.

Edit: How did I make this post without mentioning Soul Calibur what’s wrong with me

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Rayman fighting Finn and Jake, Heihachi fighting Negan, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle existing, somehow Mario fighting Sonic doesn’t seem as crazy as it once did.
The newer guest characters in Smash have since made Mario vs Sonic a mundane concept.

Last edited:

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice

WELL, looks like I need to download and play Brawlhalla now. I know she'd probably be like, 5th or 6th choice behind all the "main" characters... But please, have one of the characters be Lazuli

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Edit: How did I make this post without mentioning Soul Calibur what’s wrong with me
And you have Dante & Bayonetta in the same game with that Shin Megami Tensei mobile game

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What do you guys think about Spyro getting into Smash? I know Crash will get in first, but I would be more excited for Spyro than Crash. I hope it happens at some point, especially in this game.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Brawlhalla fails to excite me even with it's great guest characters. It's just too....standard. Everyone feels the same and everything feels super basic.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
They would have influence over one character and that's it. I don't exactly like Disney, but I don't really get how they would be able to cause any damage by just being talked to about putting in Sora. The inclusion of Sora is probably the only time they would have any influence and it would just be for the representation.
Disney Corp has been terrible for creativity and for the public domain copyright life. I love most of their traditional animated movies,some of the pixar movies but I still think they can go **** themselves.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice On the topic of the Nintendo SNK leak, would that whole copyright thing actually be a point in the favor of a Namco (or Capcom) rep?

IIRC both FP4 and FP5 had pages, FP4's had SNK listed, while FP5 had nobody extra besides who was already in the basegame - so SEGA, Capcom, Namco, Squeenix, and Konami, "the 5". The copyrights for the other 3 had the basegame + that specific 3rd-party only, which didn't transition across packs (so ATLUS isn't listed under Banjo, and Microsoft-Rare isn't listed under Terry; please correct me if I'm wrong about that).

With how both pages were up, and Terry's page listed the copyrights for that pack in advance, maybe FP5 was also technically leaked too, and the only reason it didn't look like it was and went large unnoticed compared to FP4 (understandably) was because FP5 is a character from a company who already has a character in the basegame - so a Nintendo 1st-party from them or a 2nd-party studio like Monolith Soft, or one of "the 5".

Of "the 5", Namco is the only one to not receive a newcomer either in the basegame or as DLC up to this point. Capcom's also a grey area because Ken is an echo, so up to you whether you want to count them. But, assuming that of the copyright "leak" for FP5 (and assuming my knowledge and understanding is correct), I think the case for a Namco rep is furthered strengthened in spite of Verge's debunking claim.
I think FP5's page was/is a placeholder, I believe all of the other FP pages were up and had the same copyright stuff before their characters were revealed.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Warrior out of Star Road, and a Doll shall rise out of a child's room, and shall smite the corners of Exor, and destroy all the children of Smithy.

Firox

Smash Master
I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Warrior out of Star Road, and a Doll shall rise out of a child's room, and shall smite the corners of Exor, and destroy all the children of Smithy.
For Geno shall come, not to destroy the world, but that through him it might be saved.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Master Chief is essentially what the instruction manual for the first Metroid described Samus as. I recognize him as having a unique moveset and will never discredit him for that, but in general, I view Halo as a multiplayer equipped Metroid competitor. It wouldn't be smart advertising nor would it go well with fans for Metroid Prime 4 to be in this odd development period and then Master Chief show up in Super Smash Bros.
There was 1 Halo game out and another in development before Metroid switched to a first-person perspective. The last Metroid game before Halo came out was Super Metroid so how do you come to the conclusion that they're even the slightest bit competitive?
Master Chief was based on the protagonist of Bungie's earlier FPS series Marathon. The first Halo game was preceded by 350+ page novel giving Master Chief's backstory and I assure you the only similarities to anything Metroid would be completely surface level

But I will say right now that this argument reminds me of the very special individuals who thought Mega Man would just be a Samus clone because they both have arm canons

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Lol, someone asked for fake image leaks?

Courtesy of this thread right here on SmashBoards.

The render looks nice, as does the Vaati coloration of Toon Link and her series symbol. But that's all it accomplishes: looking nice. Can anyone find the Marina render source?

Edit: Furthermore, I'd have no issues with Marina. I'd actually really enjoy having such an obscure character on the roster. (She's a literal who?) Debuted in her one (and only) game on the N64 made by Enix before they merged with SquareSoft. So uh, Square technically owns her.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

The render looks nice, as does the Vaati coloration of Toon Link and her series symbol. But that's all it accomplishes: looking nice. Can anyone find the Marina render source?

Edit: Furthermore, I'd have no issues with Marina. I'd actually really enjoy having such an obscure character on the roster. (She's a literal who?) Debuted in her one (and only) game on the N64 made by Enix before they merged with SquareSoft. So uh, Square technically owns her.
I wish, hahaha, I'd love her but she seems so unlikely. They'd probably add a lot of other characters first

Even so, it's pretty nice to see her in "leaks", I didn't know she was that out there

Convoy

Smash Apprentice

God, I'd kill to see Marina be playable in Smash Ultimate

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Guys... I just realized that Nightmare and Geno fit the roles of representatives for Dharkon and Galeem (respectively). One who has a demonic eye embedded onto its blade (an eye similar to Dharkon's), and a star spirit that possesses a doll in order to serve a higher purpose (remember the Master Hands in the WoL intro cinematic, where they shed into hands made of pure energy?).

Nightmare = Challenger Pack #5 (including Very Hard difficulty for WoL along with Ver. 7.0)
Geno = Bonus character for pre-purchasing Fighters Pass 2 [or Fighter Pass 2 DLC fighter; either 1 (6), or 2 (7)].

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I would be giddy as a pig in mud if Marina Liteyears got in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom