• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I just want to say.

Rayman is going to fight Steven Universe characters before he fights Mario & Sonic.

And that's just Bonkers.
If you tried to predict Brawlhalla dlc characters you would drive yourself insane, you can have Rayman fight Shovel Knight, Steven universe characters, Hellboy, Adventure time characters, WWE superstars, and some random nobodies that fill up the roster

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Now for a continuation of the previous post:

2. Returning to the Power of Six Theory

Now that we've established a timeline and have decent evidence that Season 2 was decided very soon after the planning of Season 1/the Fighter's Pass was finalized, it opens up some very interesting venues to explore. As a quick recap, the Power of Six Theory suggests that the original plan was for each Fighter's Pass to have 6 Mii costumes or hats and there's a lot of evidence to support this. Plans for Season 2 probably derailed a good number of these plans and caused "omissions" throughout the Fighter's Pass. Currently, we see this in Fighter's Pass 2-4. Let's break this down...

Joker:

Given the time line we explained earlier, Joker would have been virtually done by the time Season 2 had been decided. Strong evidence for this is that Joker was not only in the game's code at launch by the February Direct had a functional Joker model and, thanks to the NoA source, we know that Directs generally take a month to make at the very least with editing, translating, and post production. This means a functional Joker likely existed in January, again, around the time Season 2 was probably decided. Based on this, it makes sense that Joker is the only character so far with a full 6. He was pretty much done when Season 2 was decided so why change anything? 4 Persona and 2 Sonic Mii costumes. Moving on...

Hero:

Following the Power of Six Theory, it's very easy to see that Hero was missing two Mii costumes. Simple conclusion: the Chocobo Mii Hat and Geno were originally planned for Hero. Because of when Season 2 was decided, it can be theorized that they really didn't have time to negotiate, plan, and create replacements so they simply removed them. What's particularly interesting about this is that if Nintendo was already given permission and access to these assets, it stands to reason that they obviously weren't just "thrown away." That's stupid... Especially since they're third party and, let's face it, it's kind of a pain in the ass to get these sorts of things. That means that Nintendo still has Geno and Chocobo assets "in the vault" for future use. What could that future use be? Golly! Mystery upon mysteries! I have NO idea what what this could POSSIBLY suggest.

Snark aside, if this does mean that Geno's promotion is more than likely a-comin', Chocobo is kind of lonely, isn't it? Hats never come alone, they are always paired with something from the same company. What's the only other Square name heard among insiders? Sephiroth. Sephiroth Mii costume incoming, possibly with One Winged Angel attached? Food for thought.

Banjo:

Banjo's interesting. His Mii costumes are a hodgepodge of things. 2 Capcom, 1 Pokemon, 1 Konami, and a Sans Undertale. Weird... We're now just missing 1 for all full six but my theory is that there was another plan initially. My theory is that all the Megaman Mii costumes were originally planned for this pass because... "**** you, that's why," - Sakurai, probably. What makes me think this? When you look at all the Fighter's Pass, Mii costume additions from Smash 4 are overwhelmingly in even numbers. Tails and Knuckles for Joker. What would have been Geno and Chocobo for Hero. Banjo wound up being Protoman and Zero. Terry wound up getting Akira and Jacky. Let's continue this train of thought...

Megaman EXE and Megaman X are still MIA. Adding either to form a team of 3 would break the well established pattern we've seen of even numbers. Who in Banjo's pass seems really out of place? Surprisingly, it's not Sans... It's the Team Rocket Grunt! Not only is it the only second party Mii costume in the entire Fighter's Pass, it's the only Mii Fighter in this pass. Let's now make the argument that the Grunt was replacement for Megaman X or Exe. Plug both Megamen in and watch what happens: two swordsmen and four gunners. Once again, this is unusually balanced and seemingly deliberate. Unfortunately, all this evidence suggests that no other Microsoft were negotiated or considered and that Nintendo literally just negotiated for Banjo and some characters as cameos. This kind of adds even more evidence that Steve and Master Chief more than likely aren't "in the vault" at the moment.

Terry:

Terry seemingly has the smallest change of the previous two, just one Mii costume missing. Three SNK and two SEGA. Very strong fighting game theme. This sets a very strong precedent for who the omitted costume is. Dollars to donuts that it was Heihachi. Not a hard conclusion and further strengthened by how Banjo had Goemon, the lone Konami rep for Pass 3. Heihachi being the lone Namco rep for Pass 4 is perfectly acceptable and fits the overall theme like a glove.

Now, thanks to Forsaken's theory yesterday concerning time, we have established that Nintendo's choice was to overwhelmingly omit characters rather than renegotiate or plan for something else. This means that Heihachi also got thrown in the vault to use later. *Clink* This also tells something else I only just realized this morning, this hard establishes that Heihachi was never planned for #5. They have the assets but obviously there wasn't enough time to convert them into a full blown character. They had someone else in mind. Let's now move to number 5...

The Mysterious Number 5:

So now we've come to the end of journey. We've come to the conclusions that 1. there's very strong evidence that all the Smash 4 DLC costumes were meant to return and 2. these Mii costumes were never planned as playable for the Fighter's Pass. With this in mind, what do we have left that's not "in the vault?" Gil, Lloyd, and both Monster Hunter costumes. Interesting... Two Namco costumes... All have swords... Three have heavy armor... Hmmm... Interesting... Seems to be a theme... Who uses a sword and wears heavy armor... Hmmm, I say, hmmm, son, HMMMM....

Now, based on past patterns aside from Banjo, every pass has at least two Mii costumes from the series of their fighter. What does this tell us? It tells us that Nintendo that the chances of Heihachi, Lloyd, and Gil all being Mii costumes in #5 is incredibly small. If past patterns persist of even numbers of returning Smash 4 costumes, they will settle on two for Namco. Gil is most definitely one of them, leaving Heihachi and Lloyd.

My theory is that they plan to go with Heihachi. Why? Heihachi was already omitted once from a previous pass, appeared in the base game, and according to Sakurai caused a lot of problems trying to implement in Smash 4. Meanwhile, Sakurai's "review" of Lloyd was pretty glowing and suggested there was little debate of which Tales character he wanted to add if he ever got the chance. Based on this, Lloyd's going "in the vault" and Heihachi is in Pass 5.

This is what Pass 5 now looks like: two mysterious costumes from the same series, 2 Namco, and 2 Monster Hunter. Even Steven and following patterns of the previous passes. Now, this is a lot to take in. If you take these new conclusions and plug them into my old conclusions, it makes the argument for Fighter 5 being a Namco character even stronger and especially fortifies the argument that the character is from Soul Caliber, particularly Nightmare. Why? Even if we swap out Lloyd for Heihachi, it still thematically makes sense because Heihachi is not only a Namco fighting game character too but even was a guest fighter in Soul Caliber 2! Jesus! It fits together so damn perfect that it's absurd!

Conclusion:

Based on this exhausting review, we come to some very important conclusions. Because of the time frames of everything, "cut" content was probably just put in the vault for future use because it's 1. third party and had to be negotiated for and 2. were original parts of the Fighter's Pass initial draft! Again, if the Fighter's Pass was originally final, I've highlighted how it was mapped out to bring back every missing third party costume in tow to balance every pass to a perfect 6 Mii costumes per pass. With things being jumbled, assets got put in the vault to be used later and those assets are: Geno, Chocobo, Lloyd, Megaman EXE, and Megaman X. Square, Namco, and Capcom. All supported by the Power of Six Theory and insider intel that more Square, Namco, and Capcom characters were heavily rumored and seemingly on the way! Eu-****ing-reka! Hallelujah! Holy ****... I'm actually sweating... As always, this is just my own speculation but damn was this fun to write out.
So, I have a lot of issues with this "Power of Six" theory that you're presenting and I'm going to work through them. The power of six theory relies on several assumptions to work correctly, those being:
  1. All the Fighter's Pass fighters were going to come with 6 Mii costumes and that was a specific thing that Sakurai decided upon.
  2. The missing Mii costumes were most definitely planned for those exact releases (I won't go into this as I don't think I really need to)
  3. The even numbers of the returning Mii costumes per character was an intentional decision.
  4. They care at all about the "balance" of the Mii costumes, and have designed their releases around such an idea.
  5. Bandai-Namco is number 5 to make sense of the remaining costumes (again, I don't think I need to go over this one).

One of the biggest issues I have with your theory is that it relies entirely upon this baseline assumption that all characters would come with 6 costumes... but what evidence do we have of that idea? As far as I can tell, you really only base this conclusion off of two things: 1. Joker came with 6 Mii costumes as the first character and, 2. It lines up with your theory. I don't think we can really call a one time event a pattern, so Joker being the only character to come with six isn't really much of a basis for a hypothesis even. Even worse, your second line of reasoning is inherently circle because it requires your theory in the first place to be correct (You absolutely have to be right about literally every other assumption for this to work, and thus the theory of "six" is based off the theory of six).

Furthermore Smash 4 did not have consistent releases in its Mii costumes, ranging from as low as 2 with Cloud to 8 at other points. So, this isn't something based off of how Smash 4 handled things. Now you may bring up the point that Ultimate is much more planned out with its DLC, and I'll agree, but at no point has parity been a focus. I mean, looking at the music you have: Persona - 11 Songs, Dragon Quest - 8 Songs, Banjo-Kazooie - 11 Songs, and Fatal Fury/SNK - 50 Songs. Even if you consider SNK the outlier it is, these still show different characters and franchises getting different degrees of representation. Spirits echo this sentiment as well with Persona - 13 Spirits, Dragon Quest - 14, Banjo-Kazooie - 9 Spirits, Terry/SNK - 12 Spirits. The only actual point of parity across the DLC thus far has been the whole one stage with one select-able character, which exists for obvious reasons. Overall I don't see a particularly convincing case for there needing to be 6 Mii costumes per character.

The even numbers of the returning Mii costumes is a huge stretch. Coming into Ultimate, there were 15 Mii costumes: Tails, Knuckles, Chocobo, Geno, Megaman EXE, Megaman X, Protoman, Zero, Gil, Lloyd, Heihachi, Akira, Jacky, Rathalos, and Hunter. The only way they evenly distributed across the 5 was 3 per character and that clearly didn't happen with Joker or any of the other fighters thus far, so even numbers across the board could not have ever been intentional unless they decided to cut one (or any odd number of) costume(s) to begin with. Much like your focus on the number six, this theory relies on circling back to itself to reach the conclusion that an even number of returning costumes is an intentional decision on Sakurai's part. So, after Joker, you have 13 costumes to distribute among the other 4 fighters. The conclusion you reach is that only Geno and Chocobo should have come with Hero, so, that then leaves 11 costumes across the remaining three fighters. So, there had to be a point at which 3 costumes were planned to return (Terry makes sense with Heihachi, Jacky, and Akira of course), which means that even numbers were not actually an intentional design decision and thus the even numbers actually have been a coincidence and not a hard rule.

So, the other issue is that we're then stuck with a dilemma of the remaining costumes. We're operating on the assumption that Heihachi was with Terry originally, so that leaves us with Rathalos, Hunter, Lloyd, Gil, Protoman, Megaman X, Megaman EXE, and Zero. So, how do we end up with 5 costumes with Banjo & Kazooie? There's no good reason to really change any plans from before if the character isn't getting the upgrade, which would also apply to Chocobo with Hero though... You would only toss a costume if it was planned in the vault for a more specific reason, so the other Megamen have no real reason to be thrown in the vault... but Lloyd would. Which would actually give credence to your "power of six" theory, but then it also leaves too many costumes to fit into fighter #5 or elsewhere, thus breaking up the fundamental power of six theory from the beginning.

Also, you bring up the point that every fighter has had at least two costumes from their series... but that's not exactly true. Joker came with 4 from Persona, Hero came with 4 from Dragon Quest, Banjo & Kazooie came with 0, and Terry came with 0 or 3 depending on your view point (If we only count Fatal Fury, none of the costumes come from the series, if we expand to SNK/King of Fighters we get 3 since they've all been in KoF). So if you discount the outlier of Banjo & Kazooie with no Mii costumes, it's 3 per character at least. If you're trying to use Smash 4 as a frame of reference, Cloud only came with Chocobo, so I don't really get where you're getting this "at least two" figure from either.

There just isn't any balance to the Mii costumes anywhere:
  1. Joker - 2 head pieces that apply to all Mii fighters, 1 gunner, 2 swords, and 1 brawler.
  2. Hero - 1 head piece that applies to all, 2 swords, 1 brawler (if we assume cuts, 2 head pieces (Chocobo), 2 swords, 1 brawler, 1 gunner (Geno))
  3. Banjo & Kazooie - 2 gunners, 2 sword, 1 brawler (if we assume your cuts, yes the 4:2 remains... but that also requires yet another assumption that the Team Rocket brawler costume was designed as a replacement so Banjo & Kazooie would have 5... when they had no problem letting Dragon Quest have 4 previously despite Chocobo being fine to come with them).
  4. Terry - 1 sword, 4 brawlers (If we assume Heihachi was cut, we move up to 5 brawlers).
  5. Hypothetically, Based Upon Your Other Assumptions: Lloyd, Rathalos, Hunter, Gil (4 Swords) + Whoever else.
Honestly, there's no way for there to be any balance no matter how you try to force this analysis. There's just no visible balance around no matter where you go or how you try to make sense of the numbers.

Your theory just requires so many assumptions across the board, many of which are on shaky ground at best and not really developed off of much more than it all fitting together in one theory halfway decently. I suspect there were additional costumes, but I've always thought trying to push a "there were supposed to be six" every time as trying to force an overall narrative that isn't really needed, nor is it founded as I've pointed out across a few different points. Heihachi is the single biggest missing piece (because he fits the most closely with the approach of Terry and fighting game characters) and Geno and Lloyd as the fan favorites raise eyebrows, but the rest never exactly had to return and could depend on any number of other things. It just feels so very, very forced to me.

I'm almost vibrating (probably from it being Manic Monday and drinking a whole lot of coffee) but things are falling into place so damn hard. What I wrote earlier gives backing to a theory that I've been using literally before Ultimate was announced... Useable assets. Inkling, Isabelle, Chrom, Dark Samus, and K. Rool all had usable assets from Smash 4. One piece of the puzzle was in front of me the whole time...

Of course they renegotiated for Geno! He was in the base game and if Season 1 of DLC was planned and finalized before launch, of course Nintendo already had permission to use the assets, especially if the original plan was to bring back all the Smash 4 DLC costumes! It makes so much sense! Of course he was always going to come back either way but we all assumed it was the Mii costume. No! That ship has sailed, mother****ers, and hasn't been to port in four months!

Now, similar situation, DLC was kind of sprung on Sakurai for Smash 4 too. Originally it was JUST going to be Mewtwo as a little bonus gift but around November 2014 they were like "**** it, let's do a whole line up." Now, ladies and gentlemen, who were the first three characters outta da gate? Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy. Lucas was in Brawl and Mewtwo and Roy were originally planned for Brawl but ultimately cut despite having the most work done by far. Why these three? USABLE. ****ING. ASSETS. A lot of the basic work bull**** was already done for these characters. Same could easily be argued for Lloyd and Geno. USABLE. ****ING. ASSETS. There's a whole goddamn buffet table spread for ATs and Mii costumes being used as references and models for full playable characters. MMMMMM! That's some GOOOOOOD speculation, right there!

Our time is coming, my brothers and sisters! Our time is near!
How does the fact they renegotiated for a Spirit (and probably the costume) have any bearing on him being playable? They'd still have to go back to Square Enix to set up a Geno as playable deal. So, what is this supposed revelation supposed to be exactly? People have already pointed out the issue with your assets of a veteran in Smash 4 compared to a Mii costume (might as well not even be the same thing if we're being honest), but also, even if they decide they want to use Geno's assets, they still have to go back to Square Enix. They can't just outright decide he's playable without clearing more red tape.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Just two pages from 1900. I think it's safe to say we'll break the record for longest running character thread by year's end at this rate.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Just two pages from 1900. I think it's safe to say we'll break the record for longest running character thread by year's end at this rate.
I can't believe we're going to become bigger than Ridley. I guess there goes Geno's chances. Smh

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Guys... I just realized that Nightmare and Geno fit the roles of representatives for Dharkon and Galeem (respectively). One who has a demonic eye embedded onto its blade (an eye similar to Dharkon's), and a star spirit that possesses a doll in order to serve a higher purpose (remember the Master Hands in the WoL intro cinematic, where they shed into hands made of pure energy?).

Nightmare = Challenger Pack #5 (including Very Hard difficulty for WoL along with Ver. 7.0)
Geno = Bonus character for pre-purchasing Fighters Pass 2 [or Fighter Pass 2 DLC fighter; either 1 (6), or 2 (7)].
REAL SH#T
IMG_20191029_154442.png

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Wait for another deconfirm, we'll rocket up 10 pages easy
Oh, okay! Uh I am a prominent leaker and, uh, *fumbles around for notecard* based on my, uhhh, inside sources I believe, that... a Cap...Com, a Capcom character will not, um, be fighter #5.

that should rile ‘em up.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
So realistically speaking, what do you guys think Geno's chances are for post pass?

I'm thinking 30%, not too unlikely; but not likely either.

He has a ton of reasons to get in, but I feel like Sakurai may prioritize other more popular characters (outside of Smash); Sakurai may just think that SMRPG is decently represented by spirits. He may also think that Mario in general is well represented, and decides against putting Geno in because of that.

Also, I'm thinking not all of the Mii costumes from Smash 4 will return in Smash Ultimate. I do think Geno's (upgraded mii costume) is likely, but I doubt we'll get all the remaining Megaman costumes, etc.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
How does the fact they renegotiated for a Spirit (and probably the costume) have any bearing on him being playable? They'd still have to go back to Square Enix to set up a Geno as playable deal. So, what is this supposed revelation supposed to be exactly? People have already pointed out the issue with your assets of a veteran in Smash 4 compared to a Mii costume (might as well not even be the same thing if we're being honest), but also, even if they decide they want to use Geno's assets, they still have to go back to Square Enix. They can't just outright decide he's playable without clearing more red tape.
Why would they be separate, though? If you're negotiating to use a third party IP, why would you need to make separate negotiations for the different ways in which you plan to use them? (ie. Negotiate to use the IP for a playable character, negotiate to use them for an outfit, negotiate to use them for a stage hazard, etc.) That sounds like a licencing nightmare and doesn't make any sense.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Anniversary Event!

"[Spirit Event] For 3 days from 12/6 (Friday), “Thank you! During the period, the experience points and SP that can be obtained after the battle will be tripled, and you will also receive an additional item of “50% damage”"

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Anniversary Event!

"[Spirit Event] For 3 days from 12/6 (Friday), “Thank you! During the period, the experience points and SP that can be obtained after the battle will be tripled, and you will also receive an additional item of “50% damage”"

wait a minute. did you say thank you event?

Fatman right now

EAsau92WkAU5Bum.jpg

link2702

Smash Champion
Idk what has happened today.

Also brawlhala? And the only pearl i can think of is the gremlin from splatoon 2...

Surely people aren’t talking about her making an appearance in some other game?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Anniversary Event!

Thats cute. All the FP characters are right next to each other.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Thats cute. All the FP characters are right next to each other.
I'm more delighted by the fact that all the characters are returing veterans, newcomers and DLC characters. Really makes you appreciate how far we've come... and how much further we've yet to go!

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Anniversary Event!

I like the focus on dlc and returners who has sat out a game or two.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
So realistically speaking, what do you guys think Geno's chances are for post pass?

He has a ton of reasons to get in, but I feel like Sakurai may prioritize other more popular characters (outside of Smash); Sakurai may just think that SMRPG is decently represented by spirits. He may also think that Mario in general is well represented, and decides against putting Geno in because of that.

Also, I'm thinking not all of the Mii costumes from Smash 4 will return in Smash Ultimate. I do think Geno's (upgraded mii costume) is likely, but I doubt we'll get all the remaining Megaman costumes, etc.
Did you see the Terry showcase where Sakurai literally told us that it doesn't matter if the character is popular, but is important that they're fun to play as? Because popularity is not a contributing factor. This argument was disconfirmed by the man himself, so I can't fathom how this works against Geno or any other character who is "irrelevant".

Also just going to voice my support for a Namco character as #5. Vergeben did say that it wasn't, but his Smash record for DLC has been less than stellar, so color me unimpressed when he says something. I think that either way, it'll be a fun character so I'm excited. Plus the timing for a double reveal seems absolutely perfect (even though I totally thought a few days ago that it'd only be one character).

But also Nintendo please let us know beforehand that there will be Smash news at the Game Awards. So many people skip out on them because they're so long. I really want to see some good reactions if Geno is also revealed.

D

Deleted member

Anniversary Event!

Honestly? That image is incredible no matter who you wanted or still want the game has spoiled us rotten. It has given us so many fan requested characters (Ridley, Simon, K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie and potentially Geno), Introduced a brand-new kind of newcomers with echoes and quality echoes at that, Fun and unique newcomers (Incineroar, Piranha Plant, Joker, Hero, etc.) and much much more.

Smash Ultimate has spoiled us rotten and I absolutely adore this game no matter who gets introduced we'll never receive this good a game ever again. Or at least in-terms of the selection of newcomers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Anniversary Event!

I wish I could go back to 2017 and post this image with no context

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Idk what has happened today.

Also brawlhala? And the only pearl i can think of is the gremlin from splatoon 2...

Surely people aren’t talking about her making an appearance in some other game?
Not too much in the Geno world really.

As for Brawlhalla, it seems like it's getting a Steven Universe crossover, likely with one of the characters being Pearl from it. Though now I'm imagining SU Pearl and Splatoon Pearl swapping places... That would be an interesting situation.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Did you see the Terry showcase where Sakurai literally told us that it doesn't matter if the character is popular, but is important that they're fun to play as? Because popularity is not a contributing factor. This argument was disconfirmed by the man himself, so I can't fathom how this works against Geno or any other character who is "irrelevant".

Also just going to voice my support for a Namco character as #5. Vergeben did say that it wasn't, but his Smash record for DLC has been less than stellar, so color me unimpressed when he says something. I think that either way, it'll be a fun character so I'm excited. Plus the timing for a double reveal seems absolutely perfect (even though I totally thought a few days ago that it'd only be one character).

But also Nintendo please let us know beforehand that there will be Smash news at the Game Awards. So many people skip out on them because they're so long. I really want to see some good reactions if Geno is also revealed.
I never bought in popularity as a reason for Geno NOT getting in. I just stated that Sakurai MAY decide to go with more popular (in the general gaming community) over a less popular one (in the general gaming community). And I never called any character irrelevant either; obviously Sakurai will decide to go with what he wants, relevancy or not. That said, popularity and relevance are 100% things that Sakurai thinks about when adding a character (just not the end all be all).

By stating that I think Geno has a 30% chance, I'm only being realistic.

I'm personally leaning towards Phoenix Wright being the 5th character, and someone else also being revealed to start the second pass (I don't think it is Geno, probably a bigger character to sell the pass like Sora/Dante/insert another big, relevant character).

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That little thank you image makes my heart sing. Hopefully, Geno will be able to join all of them soon enough!

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think there will be Fighter’s Pass 2 or the rest will be individual DLC? I personally think the rest will be individual.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Do you guys think there will be Fighter’s Pass 2 or the rest will be individual DLC? I personally think the rest will be individual.
I think we're getting a Fighters Pass 2. Unless there's only two or three more characters coming, I see no reason for them to diverge from the "five or more characters, can all be bought together in a pass or individually" format.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Even if Sakurai did not like the Fighter's Pass, it 100% worked for Nintendo so they'll continue it. Selling the fighter's pass is much better then selling characters individually.

I wonder what the incentive to buy FP #2 will be, we got Rex as a mii costume last time so I'm thinking it will be another mii costume.

Fingers crossed that it's hopefully not a Geno Mii costume (but I can somehow see it happening).

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I never bought in popularity as a reason for Geno NOT getting in. I just stated that Sakurai MAY decide to go with more popular (in the general gaming community) over a less popular one (in the general gaming community). And I never called any character irrelevant either; obviously Sakurai will decide to go with what he wants, relevancy or not. That said, popularity and relevance are 100% things that Sakurai thinks about when adding a character (just not the end all be all).

By stating that I think Geno has a 30% chance, I'm only being realistic.

I'm personally leaning towards Phoenix Wright being the 5th character, and someone else also being revealed to start the second pass (I don't think it is Geno, probably a bigger character to sell the pass like Sora/Dante/insert another big, relevant character).
You call 30% "being realistic" despite what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has been telling us the whole time about how insiders / leakers have heard nothing but good things about Geno's inclusion and how his chances are looking great for post pass DLC. i get your fear that they might do our boy dirty but come on man don't be so pessimistic

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Maybe a combination of both? I could see them doing 1 or 2 characters individually before starting another pass, if they're set on making one anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No new news right now AdamBell731 there was a picture that showed Marina Liteyears as a possible DLC character but it was fake.

Also it seems there was a sound file that hinted at Master Chief being in Smash but was fake as well. I’ll keep you updated best I can. Hope I get everything down.

Grumbo

Smash Ace

Honestly, like 85%. Everything looks good to me. The missing costume, the extra dlc, the copystrikes, the theories, the caccomallow leak, the mii list leak, etc
It depends on how much freedom Sakurai is given. If he has the reigns, theyre probably separate, if Nintendo’s still control, we’ll probably see another pass with a bonus or two

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Anniversary Event!

*reads "Thank you!"*

Awwww S***! Here we go. :2gud:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Took a couple days off again. My bad.

Anyway, back to business.

View attachment 249699
My man! you're back! nice to see you again partner

A second Fighters Pass would be amazing tho
Can someone merge the accidental double post i did? thanks

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I personally wouldn't look to much into a simple "Thank You" on a tweet. Thanking the fans on anniversaries is super super common.

Droodle

Smash Lord
You call 30% "being realistic" despite what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has been telling us the whole time about how insiders / leakers have heard nothing but good things about Geno's inclusion and how his chances are looking great for post pass DLC. i get your fear that they might do our boy dirty but come on man don't be so pessimistic
Funny thing is that I think in terms of my "wanted" characters, Geno has one of the highest chances. The only characters that I rate higher then Geno is Phoenix Wright (40%), Tales of rep (60%), and Sora (but that depends on what day it is). Most of my wanted picks are in the 5-10% range of my personal thoughts of their chances.

I've always been skeptical of the insiders thoughts, just because so much information changes over time. For example, I'm pretty sure that Terry/Joker weren't on Sabi's list of 10, and I doubt we'll end up getting all those 10 either way. I personally will celebrate only when Geno/the other characters I like get added in, and not when insiders say that their "chances look good".

D

Deleted member

https://vocaroo.com/gO9VyfyY5eE

Here is the sound file AdamBell731

It sounds like Cortana the artificial intelligence that assists Master Chief in the Halo series saying he was invited to Smash Bros. And they should accept.

Also an anniversary event to celebrate Smash Ulfimate’s 1 year anniversary was announced.

アイテムhttps://mobile.twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1202029754133536768?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1202029754133536768&ref_url=

It sounds like a thank you to the fans who have supported the game. Even DLC fighter pass characters are front and center.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom