• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Fun fact, back when George Lucas owned Star Wars, there was a hard rule that expanded universe stuff absolutely could not detail Yoda’s species. Like, Yoda’s species has no known name or home planet and the number of them that have appeared across the entire franchise can be counted on one hand last time I checked. I’m wondering if the Mandalorian will stick to that or if there actually will be some details given.
I actually knew this! Disney will likely desecrate such a rule because they have toys to sell and a new theme park attraction to open. Be the first in line at the opening of [Yoda's Homeworld] Land only at Epcot Center Summer 2020.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I actually knew this! Disney will likely desecrate such a rule because they have toys to sell and a new theme park attraction to open. Be the first in line at the opening of [Yoda's Homeworld] Land only at Epcot Center Summer 2020.
Already bought tickets. :)

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
There's a lot of stupid crap with Star Wars way before Disney owned it. Such as how as actors were told they had to wield the lightsabers like there really heavy swords despite the fact they shouldn't have any real matter to them.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Fun fact, back when George Lucas owned Star Wars, there was a hard rule that expanded universe stuff absolutely could not detail Yoda’s species. Like, Yoda’s species has no known name or home planet and the number of them that have appeared across the entire franchise can be counted on one hand last time I checked. I’m wondering if the Mandalorian will stick to that or if there actually will be some details given.
George couldn't even follow his own rules for the universe on a regular basis, so I don't think Disney deserves the hate for not following rules either.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
George couldn't even follow his own rules for the universe on a regular basis, so I don't think Disney deserves the hate for not following rules either.
Plus, isn't the person who is in charge of the Mandalorian kinda like a successor to George Lucas(Like, he was taught by him or something)? IF there is anyone who would be allowed to do something like that, it would be him, right?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
All I know is that Nintendo better open up Star Road at Super Nintendo World.
Nintendo and Square Enix announce a Forest Maze area for Universal Studios's Nintendo Land to correspond to the sequel of the illumination produced Super Mario Brothers movie. Super Mario Brothers: The Return of Geno.

Featuring an exclusive Geno meet and greet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's a lot of stupid crap with Star Wars way before Disney owned it. Such as how as actors were told they had to wield the lightsabers like there really heavy swords despite the fact they shouldn't have any real matter to them.
There's a lot to be said for the dramatic effect that comes with acting like you're really hefting something. But, I mean, according to Star Wars, there's tons of noise and bright explosions in space, and you can open bomb hatches that are oddly connected to what should be pressurized areas with no depressurization at all. For all we know, light weighs an awful lot in the Star Wars canon.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Nintendo and Square Enix announce a Forest Maze area for Universal Studios's Nintendo Land to correspond to the sequel of the illumination produced Super Mario Brothers movie. Super Mario Brothers: The Return of Geno.
You know, wasn't there a rumor a while back that the movie going to be based off the Super Mario Adventures comic? I would not be shocked if that was false, but it would be a great source to take from for an adaptation, especially with all the character it has.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
There's a lot to be said for the dramatic effect that comes with acting like you're really hefting something. But, I mean, according to Star Wars, there's tons of noise and bright explosions in space, and you can open bomb hatches that are oddly connected to what should be pressurized areas with no depressurization at all. For all we know, light weighs an awful lot in the Star Wars canon.
How DO we all hear the TIE Fighters anyway? And why do characters in the universe know the Imperial March?

Edit: on the topic of lightsaber “weight”, it also adds a fair amount of characterization to different people’s fighting styles. Obi-wan swings it like a katana because he’s a master swordsman while Kylo Ren swings it’s like a massive broadsword because he’s a slobbering rage monster.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I remember being worried as a 6 year old playing this Disney game on Genesis, hoping Disney would not buy out Sega! :4pacman:
(Side note: This game was actually really good if I recall!)

download.jpg

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
They were heavy for a time during the first few movies, but you see people just picking them up lightsabers like nothing they're nothing, mostly because they are nothing. It's light, light shouldn't have any weight, so future Star Wars material took that into consideration so that people aren't wielding them like heavy swords. There's just a lot of dumb stuff in Star Wars that doesn't remain consistent. It's cool and dumb all at the same time.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I still don't want Disney associated with Nintendo.
They ruined Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite's roster, I don't want them near Smash Bros.
A fun fact about Disney and MvCI is that they specifically requested Capcom to model the Capcom characters to appear uglier than the Marvel ones. That is why Chun Li, Dante, Spencer and others from Capcom had issues while the Disney ones looked significantly better.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
A fun fact about Disney and MvCI is that they specifically requested Capcom to model the Capcom characters to appear uglier than the Marvel ones. That is why Chun Li, Dante, Spencer and others from Capcom had issues while the Disney ones looked significantly better.
Imagine being so power trippy that you go up to the other side of a respected crossover and say "model your characters worse than ours"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I don't recall that being a thing. Wasn't it just a result of a lot of the models being ported over from MvC3, with the mMrvel ones looking better because they were just naturally updated to be more like the movie versions?

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Gotta say I am so thankful for this speculation going on. Its keeping me occupied while I wait for Halo Reach for PC to install later today.View attachment 249613
(On a side note what's everybody's thought on Master Chief getting in as DLC now
that Banjo made it?)
Chief has wiggled his way into my top 3 most wanteds, and I’ve been replaying the Halo games recently and I’m having a blast. I think he a decent chance, especially since Steve was put out as leak bait.
Master Chief is essentially what the instruction manual for the first Metroid described Samus as. I recognize him as having a unique moveset and will never discredit him for that, but in general, I view Halo as a multiplayer equipped Metroid competitor. It wouldn't be smart advertising nor would it go well with fans for Metroid Prime 4 to be in this odd development period and then Master Chief show up in Super Smash Bros.

As for "doing the impossible", I guess they've proven that it isn't entirely impossible, but really... Let's not let the fact that Banjo is in cloud our opinion that such a thing is anything short of a miracle. This time last year Banjo was another Grinch Leak casualty and only really specific people had any faith in him. The biggest hindrance against him, what made it so unlikely, was that Microsoft owns Rare. Even if the bridge has been crossed doesn't mean it'll be any easier to cross it again, and for one of Microsoft's flagship characters rather than a cartoony platform character that went unused for a decade? The odds are infinitely smaller.
I fail to understand your argument here. Halo and Metroid are wildly different series, with different gameplay and demographics. Chief and Samus have very little in common. If you think he ripped off Samus then Doomguy must’ve as well. If anything Metroid ripped off Halo with Prime (and no it didnt).

As for the Nintendo connection, that’s a dead argument, even moreso than spirits. Time and time again characters show that it makes little impact. And if he really has to have a connection, MCC for Switch was leaked by various sources awhile ago, including Sabi. (Plus the minecraft content works as a technicallity)

And I doubt it’d be too difficult to get him. Nintendo and Microsoft are on very good terms, evidenced by multiple ports, Banjo in smash, and more rumored ports. In an article Sakurai said it was incredibly easy to negotiate for Banjo. While it may be harder for Chief since he is the Xbox poster child, the potential profit and publicity would be insane to pass up, and I’m sure Banjo made a ton of money

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I remember being worried as a 6 year old playing this Disney game on Genesis, hoping Disney would not buy out Sega! :4pacman:
(Side note: This game was actually really good if I recall!)

View attachment 249652
One of my favorites and it’s on the Sega Genesis Mini too and so is World of Illusion where Donald Duck is playable. :grin:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think one of the four will happen.

>Single reveal: Nightmare and Nintendo hardcore teases DLC news coming soon
>Duel reveal: Nightmare/Lloyd
>Duel reveal: Nightmare/Ryu
>Triple reveal: Nightmare/do two reveals for post pass.
Any of those timelines is the best timeline to me. :yeahboi:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
No, that wasn't the case. What happen was that they took the models from Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and plop them into Marvel vs Capcom Infinite engine so they didn't turn out right, which is why new characters like Jedah look fantastic. The game had a cheap budget, so they had to reuse a lot of material.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If this was official why would it be available on that site for us to hear?
I think the idea is that this was a recording of a test screening they uploaded anonymously. You can tell it has a “phone recording speakers” effect to it.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
A bunch of the missing Mii costumes are armored swordsmen

Hey I mean technically, Master Chief is an armored swordsman :ultpacman:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Definitely fake. Way too on the nose with how it reveals that it's Smash related, usually there's a good deal of build-up before the connection is made. Think back to Snake's reveal for Brawl, or even more recently with Banjo.
To be fair with Banjo’s, it had a smash slideshow before the trailer played. That’s as on the nose as you can get.

D

Deleted member

Definitely fake. Way too on the nose with how it reveals that it's Smash related, usually there's a good deal of build-up before the connection is made. Think back to Snake's reveal for Brawl, or even more recently with Banjo.
It took like what, 10 seconds before the jiggy bounced across the screen? The surprise was ruined right then and there. Banjo should have knocked like a proper gentleman, at least the illusion that Dixie was coming would have been kept longer.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Imagine being so power trippy that you go up to the other side of a respected crossover and say "model your characters worse than ours"
That didn't happen, there were plenty of Marvel characters that were modeled just as bad and the newer characters (both Capcom & Marvel) were given more time to look better. Just look at Jedah, his model looks great.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
If you really want buildup just look at Joker's trailer from last year. Nobody knew that was a Smash Bros trailer at all, it was the perfect buildup.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
That didn't happen, there were plenty of Marvel characters that were modeled just as bad and the newer characters (both Capcom & Marvel) were given more time to look better. Just look at Jedah, his model looks great.
Oh I'm aware, the hypothetical is just funny. I'm fully aquainted with Mr. Stark's jank face.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I still don't get why they made Anita from Darkstalkers a playable character instead of Thor back in Marvel Super Heroes. jeez they waited until Marvel Vs Capcom 3 to finally give him a spot on the roster

MisterMike

Smash Champion
To be fair with Banjo’s, it had a smash slideshow before the trailer played. That’s as on the nose as you can get.
Firstly, this kind of suspense-building thing goes both ways: You can know it's a Smash reveal and not know who it is (Ex. Banjo), or you know who it is but not that it's a Smash reveal (Ex. Joker).
Second, Banjo's was still a rather subtle tease up until the big reveal, certainly much more subtle than Cortana going "Chief, we were invited to a fighting tournament by some guy named Mario?", which I wouldn't believe Sakurai and team would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom