• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
It's definitely the former and kind of why "Jesus, not everything is tied to Smash..." has become a meme among insiders. People will hear things and then months later they'll hear about it being tied to Smash but still two separate things. For example, Dante. Dante was first heard in the early summer for Smash but the Trilogy rumors came months later. Lloyd's the same way, rumors for him for Smash came out a long time before all this other Tales stuff came about. This is basically the opposite for Sol and Nightmare. Other rumors came up first and Smash rumors came later. Plus, kind of like the recent Gordon and Dante fakes, we've come to find that leakers will tack on fake Smash stuff to get the general public and news outlets to pay attention to it. On this note, this is yet another reason why people are super suspicious about Dante because this has already been done not once but twice in half a year. "Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice..."
On the topic of rumored tie ins, have you heard anything new on the Master Chief Collection or Rare Replay?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Good day Genobros! Caught up once again.

Shwing
Dun
Click

We pick up where Hero's reveal trailer left off, in the World of Light. Link has advanced farther than he had before, now climbing a tall peak to seemingly challenge Dharkon. He reaches the top, and we zoom in to a shot of Dharkon's eyeball... only it is not Dharkon. Panning back, we see that it is in fact the eyeball of Soul Edge! The blade is embedded into the ground and an armored hand effortlessly rips it out and hefting it over its shoulder as we fully pan back to see Nightmare

NIGHTMARE SWALLOWS YOUR SOUL
I'm so down for a Nightmare reveal like this; continuing from Hero's reveal trailer. And the thing is that it fits INCREDIBLY well.

Once our heroes tread along a parallel, dark Hyrule, say after Demon King Ganon is defeated and Link, along with the Heroes approach Dharkon, thinking they have reached him, they instead come across Nightmare. How badass would it be to even listen to the SC narrator say the famous line of "Transcending history and the world, a tale of souls and swords eternally retold". I'll lose my S***!!!!

I just had a bit of a revelation. Whenever I looked at final destination in Smash 4

I ALWAYS thought it looked like the Soul Calibur and the Soul Edge clashing

COINCIDENCE? I think NOT!
Lad, I believe you're onto something. Upon looking at Ultimate's Final Destination stage design; the part beneath the main platform could NOT look any more similar to manifestations of the Soul Calibur (left side) and the Soul Edge (right side). And the fact that for the World of Light campaign, we have two opposing entities, them being Galeem (of Light), and Dharkon (of Darkness), and on top of that, Dharkon's eye looks similar to that of the one embedded onto the Soul Edge (greatsword form).

I just realized something else. Know how when fighting against Galeem and/or Dharkon, at certain intervals they summon copies of other fighters? This reminded me of the effect both the Soul Calibur and the Soul Edge have upon the characters in the series. Although it's something that happens more so with the Soul Edge; any who come to take hold of it, will be possessed by its demonic will, changing the wielder, as well as changing the weapon's shape to that of the wielder's liking (which is why each character in Soul Calibur acquires their own Soul Edge). And another thing I recalled just now; in the fight against both Galeem and Dharkon (the final one), when their HP drops to a specific threshold, the other will summon a weapon to attack the heavily wounded one (i.e.: when Galeem falls, Dharkon summons a hammer to strike at Galeem's core; meanwhile when Dharkon falls, Galeem summons a spear to strike at Dharkon's eye). The summoning of these weapons not only is reminiscent to the Soul Calibur and Soul Edge variants within the Soul Calibur games, but, in a way these two specific weapons remind me of two specific characters; being Astaroth (the otherworldly executioner that serves Soul Edge, as well as wields a giant axe/hammer as a weapon), and Hilde (a valiant defender of her kingdom, who wields a spear).

Thinking about it now; a Soul Calibur rep seems even more likely, and Nightmare would be the perfect pick for it. Plus, he could get Siegfried as his alt skin in order to go along with the light vs. darkness (Soul Calibur vs. Soul Edge) theme.

Oh boy the Geno bible is coming and i can't be more excited about it
Ah yes, the holy scriptures of Apostle Saint Fatman; he will preach to us of the experiences of the holy one; DIO GENO!!!!

Oh, back on the topic of Soul Calibur; another thing to note is that Soul Calibur 6 currently has their Season 2 ongoing, and so far they've revealed two DLC characters from said pass; Haohmaru from Samurai Showdown, and returning SC character Hilde. There are still two more DLC characters to announce and... seeing as SSBU's 5th DLC fighter might be a SC rep (the most likely being Nightmare)... what if one of SC's remaining Season 2 DLC characters turns out to be... either Champion Link... or... a Fire Emblem character (Marth or Byleth)? :eek:

OffBi

Smash Ace

I'm so down for a Nightmare reveal like this; continuing from Hero's reveal trailer. And the thing is that it fits INCREDIBLY well.

Once our heroes tread along a parallel, dark Hyrule, say after Demon King Ganon is defeated and Link, along with the Heroes approach Dharkon, thinking they have reached him, they instead come across Nightmare. How badass would it be to even listen to the SC narrator say the famous line of "Transcending history and the world, a tale of souls and swords eternally retold". I'll lose my S***!!!!

Lad, I believe you're onto something. Upon looking at Ultimate's Final Destination stage design; the part beneath the main platform could NOT look any more similar to manifestations of the Soul Calibur (left side) and the Soul Edge (right side). And the fact that for the World of Light campaign, we have two opposing entities, them being Galeem (of Light), and Dharkon (of Darkness), and on top of that, Dharkon's eye looks similar to that of the one embedded onto the Soul Edge (greatsword form).

I just realized something else. Know how when fighting against Galeem and/or Dharkon, at certain intervals they summon copies of other fighters? This reminded me of the effect both the Soul Calibur and the Soul Edge have upon the characters in the series. Although it's something that happens more so with the Soul Edge; any who come to take hold of it, will be possessed by its demonic will, changing the wielder, as well as changing the weapon's shape to that of the wielder's liking (which is why each character in Soul Calibur acquires their own Soul Edge). And another thing I recalled just now; in the fight against both Galeem and Dharkon (the final one), when their HP drops to a specific threshold, the other will summon a weapon to attack the heavily wounded one (i.e.: when Galeem falls, Dharkon summons a hammer to strike at Galeem's core; meanwhile when Dharkon falls, Galeem summons a spear to strike at Dharkon's eye). The summoning of these weapons not only is reminiscent to the Soul Calibur and Soul Edge variants within the Soul Calibur games, but, in a way these two specific weapons remind me of two specific characters; being Astaroth (the otherworldly executioner that serves Soul Edge, as well as wields a giant axe/hammer as a weapon), and Hilde (a valiant defender of her kingdom, who wields a spear).

Thinking about it now; a Soul Calibur rep seems even more likely, and Nightmare would be the perfect pick for it. Plus, he could get Siegfried as his alt skin in order to go along with the light vs. darkness (Soul Calibur vs. Soul Edge) theme.

Ah yes, the holy scriptures of Apostle Saint Fatman; he will preach to us of the experiences of the holy one; DIO GENO!!!!

Oh, back on the topic of Soul Calibur; another thing to note is that Soul Calibur 6 currently has their Season 2 ongoing, and so far they've revealed two DLC characters from said pass; Haohmaru from Samurai Showdown, and returning SC character Hilde. There are still two more DLC characters to announce and... seeing as SSBU's 5th DLC fighter might be a SC rep (the most likely being Nightmare)... what if one of SC's remaining Season 2 DLC characters turns out to be... either Champion Link... or... a Fire Emblem character (Marth or Byleth)? :eek:
Lad I think you're onto something here

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It's definitely the former and kind of why "Jesus, not everything is tied to Smash..." has become a meme among insiders. People will hear things and then months later they'll hear about it being tied to Smash but still two separate things. For example, Dante. Dante was first heard in the early summer for Smash but the Trilogy rumors came months later. Lloyd's the same way, rumors for him for Smash came out a long time before all this other Tales stuff came about. This is basically the opposite for Sol and Nightmare. Other rumors came up first and Smash rumors came later. Plus, kind of like the recent Gordon and Dante fakes, we've come to find that leakers will tack on fake Smash stuff to get the general public and news outlets to pay attention to it. On this note, this is yet another reason why people are super suspicious about Dante because this has already been done not once but twice in half a year. "Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice..."
All this behind the scenes rumor stuff yet you couldn’t tell us Godzilla is finally in Smash smh what kind of insider are you?

https://twitter.com/theeternalevil/status/1200826509512065025?s=21

D

Deleted member

Greetings everyone! New poster here. I have been looking at this board for a few months and have decided to become a user. Hope everyone is enjoying the wild speculation ride for DLC and let's hope our boy finally makes it in the Ultimate Smash.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

Apostle Saint Fatman will guide us to Star Road and let us know if the road is full of dangers!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Greetings everyone! New poster here. I have been looking at this board for a few months and have decided to become a user. Hope everyone is enjoying the wild speculation ride for DLC and let's hope our boy finally makes it in the Ultimate Smash.
Welcome to the Geno thread what are your opinions on Rodan?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Welcome to the Geno thread my fellow genobro! , we hope that you enjoy your stay with us here :D

D

Deleted member

Welcome to the Geno thread what are your opinions on Rodan?
Definitely a favorite that's for sure! One of the best monsters with one of the more tolerable movies back in the day.

Don't ask such stupid questions sonny.
Ask him if he would, COULD, eat green eggs and ham here and there!
I would in fact eat them anywhere.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Genuinely curious, is this why you don't post outside of this thread despite having information that would be relevant to fans of other characters with support threads? Sorry if this is out of line again, it just sounds like a recipe for off-topic disasters. Not that I have a problem with it, it's just interesting after coming from other forums that have much stricter off-topic rules. It's almost liberating in a way.

By the way, I don't know if you saw my post before with a question I asked: https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1855#post-23689573

If you can't answer, just ignore this part of my post entirely. I was just worried you didn't see it, I'm not hounding on you to actually answer it if you can't, heh.
Actually, yes. I genuinely respect the Geno fanbase, and the number of guys, gals, and pals here who have been supportive of not only me but the "cause" for a decade or more can be counted on my fingers and toes. That's why I stay here. I basically got into this spy vs spy thing because the Geno fanbase was, understandably, super depressed after the November Direct last year and an insider (Sabi) crash landed in this thread and basically tapped me to be a confidant. Basically I decided to hard grab the wheel like Popeye in a storm and be like "hol' on, mates; dis ship ain't goin' down yut!" I was planning on "retiring" anyways once Geno was confirmed/hard deconfirmed anyways so I never had plans of this lasting longer than like E3 2020 anyways. Even as the bottom guy on the totem pole, insider/leaker culture is weirdly stressful.

As for your question about appeal, all the names we've heard have had global appeal. All of them. That's part of where my comments of "drunk online shopping" have come from. It borders on too good to be true and almost all the names are decently known worldwide. Geno's the most "obscure" if that gives you indication. Most of the names would be recognized by gamers young and old aside from people who are super casual.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Just bought the og Resident Evil remake on Switch. I've been looking to try the series for a while now, and since this was on sale and I've heard great things about the remake, I thought why not? Hoping to try it soon.

If I like it, I'll probably get RE4 on the Wii U eShop since I'd rather play it with Wii Remote aiming (I adore aiming in Pikmin and Metroid with it).

Actually, yes. I genuinely respect the Geno fanbase, and the number of guys, gals, and pals here who have been supportive of not me but the "cause" for a decade or more can be counted on my fingers and toes. That's why I stay here. I basically got into this spy vs spy thing because the Geno fanbase was, understandably, super depressed after the November Direct last year and an insider (Sabi) crash landed in this thread and basically tapped me to be a confidant. Basically I decided to hard grab the wheel like Popeye in a storm and be like "hol' on, mates; dis ship ain't goin' down yut!" I was planning on "retiring" anyways once Geno was confirmed/hard deconfirmed anyways so I never had plans of this lasting longer than like E3 2020 anyways. Even as the bottom guy on the totem pole, insider/leaker culture is weirdly stressful.

As for your question about appeal, all the names we've heard have had global appeal. All of them. That's part of where my comments of "drunk online shopping" have come from. It borders on too good to be true and almost all the names are decently known worldwide. Geno's the most "obscure" if that gives you indication. Most of the names would be recognized by gamers young and old aside from people who are super casual.
I always love your posts, so thank you for responding to me earlier and giving us this type of information.

I do have a question though. You said before how you believe one Assist Trophy COULD POSSIBLY be promoted. And you also mention how maybe one or two 1st party Nintendo characters could be DLC... is the Assist Trophy promotion a part of those one or two characters you said separate from the Assist Trophy promotion? (I understand you can't answer some things, but I don't think I'm asking anything too specific.)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I always love your posts, so thank you for responding to me earlier and giving us this type of information.

I do have a question though. You said before how you believe one Assist Trophy COULD POSSIBLY be promoted. And you also mention how maybe one or two 1st party Nintendo characters could be DLC... is the Assist Trophy promotion a part of those one or two characters you said separate from the Assist Trophy promotion? (I understand you can't answer some things, but I don't think I'm asking anything too specific.)
Assist Trophy promotion you say? My mind says Waluigi, but my heart says Skull Kid.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Oops, did I double post? I thought my post about Resident Evil was before Fatmanonice's... sorry about that everyone.

OffBi

Smash Ace
How would you react if they decided to put that Namco rep in post pass and put waluigi in theirs place. Of course it's not going to happen, but damn wouldn't it be interesting?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wait, is double posting a bad thing?
It's generally frowned upon because it can come across as spammy. Most of the time, people usually double post by accident (if there's some sort of forum error), or they quote two people in quick succession, which aren't as bad.

Mods/admins can merge the posts (which I'll do now), but if you want to avoid double posting by quoting several people at once, you can either use the +Quote button (it's right next to reply), or type out the post, copy it, and edit it into the post that you had already made instead of making a second post.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Assist Trophy promotion you say? My mind says Waluigi, but my heart says Skull Kid.
If I could have any Assist Trophy promoted, I'd choose Shadow the Hedgehog. But if any Assist Trophy is getting promoted, it is Waluigi hands down no contest. The outcry when he was an Assist Trophy again was massive (whether it was more meme or not is irrelevant). Nintendo themselves even said they heard the outcry, so I've actually thought for a while that if Nintendo really wanted to blow people's minds that they could announce Waluigi as DLC (not trying to meme here, I'm being serious).

Wait, is double posting a bad thing?
I don't think people like it generally, no. You won't get in massive trouble or anything though.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Really? That's kind of disappointing if that's the way the final roster pans out. I like the idea of lesser known characters (like sub-million franchises) or characters with a lot of clout in one region but virtually none in another getting fighter representation just so people can have something to look into later if the character interests them. Like a celebration of gaming that brings the big and small together. Though seeing as Dragon Quest 11 S didn't really take off in the west despite Hero, maybe it's dumb to think that way in the first place.

Thanks for answering.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
How would you react if they decided to put that Namco rep in post pass and put waluigi in theirs place. Of course it's not going to happen, but damn wouldn't it be interesting!
I mean, it would, but it's the same issue that one or two people here would've had if our finale for DLC was Lloyd- why them and not another promotion (in this case, maybe Shadow, Isaac, Bomberman, Skull Kid even Krystal or Ray MK III)? Isaac especially fell from grace after the 1-2 punch of the Grinch Leak being faked and him being an assist, at least Waluigi's disconfirmation was straight off the bat at E3 2018.

OffBi

Smash Ace
I mean, it would, but it's the same issue that one or two people here would've had if our finale for DLC was Lloyd- why them and not another promotion (in this case, maybe Shadow, Isaac, Bomberman, Skull Kid even Krystal or Ray MK III)? Isaac especially fell from grace after the 1-2 punch of the Grinch Leak being faked and him being an assist, at least Waluigi's disconfirmation was straight off the bat at E3 2018.
Yeah you're probably right

StarLight42

Smash Lord
OffBi OffBi Franco Geno Franco Geno

So here's why I think my Waluigi theory has potentially gotten a bit stronger...

It all has to do with a DM from Paragon sent to an unknown user around E3 time that was later leaked onto the general PapaGenos' Discord.
I haven't talked to Paragon myself about it, i'd rather not bother him with this type of stuff for awhile, but a friend of mine on the Forest Maze server said he was answering questions about Waluigi a few days ago and his stance on this particular DM is that is in fact, real.

So this is the DM. Why do I think it strengthens the idea of Waluigi as DLC? Well...
It's because of BOTW2. A common reason people assumed Paraleak was immediately fake back in the day was because it was said by the press that BOTW2 was a surprise to journalists, even though a lot of them knew what was coming in the direct that day. For many people, it didn't make sense why Paragon would know this information and the E3 press wouldn't.

BUT, now that we can look back on it, in hindsight, Fatmanonice has talked multiple times about how excited he was about being privy to the information that BOTW2 and Banjo were coming in late April. I'm not sure if the "late April" timeframe is accurate with BOTW2 and Banjo but I feel like Fatman has said he heard Banjo around that time, and I also remember him saying he knew about BOTW2 in advance as well.
Fatman knowing about BOTW2 now gives a lot more credence for Paragon knowing this information as well. And while I do think knowing the specifics of the Smash trailers is very suspect, it's possible this kind of info could get leaked from video editors as Directs are prepared a lot earlier compared to when they are put out. So it's possible.

Also, Paragon having multiple people claim to him that Undertale is getting represented but Sans won't be a fighter makes a ton of sense as to why he'd jump the gun and assume Frisk to be the playable character. I mean, just read this DM and I think most of you would agree this sounds pretty accurate as to what we got in the end "Undertale is getting represented, but NO SANS" x25.
---
Anyways, while i'm theorycrafting, I want to make a huge disclaimer

Please, do NOT hound Paragon or Fatmanonice for anything i'm speculating about here. I can't stress this enough. I'm pretty sure Paragon doesn't mind answering questions but he's left the leak game due to the fact that he got many death threats after PapaGenos' said the Paragon leak was most likely fake. And again, I know all you Genobros are probably cool about this but I just want to make it extra clear so that i'm not making anyone's life worse by just having fun making my own speculative theories.

For as long as i've talked to him, Para does not seem like he's trying to pull anyone's leg or troll. He's not like that. He has a job and responsibilities at the PapaGenos' server which makes it seem unlikely that he'd have time to make this mastermind fake leak to troll a bunch of people.
If his information it's wrong, it's wrong, do not harass him over it please.

Sorry for having to get that out of the way, but it is precisely the reason why Fatman won't talk about Waluigi... people get sooooo toxic at the idea of Assist Trophy upgrades whether it be because they want Waluigi, they don't want Waluigi, they want an Assist who isn't Waluigi, etc.
Let's just keep speculation fun and interesting and be glad we have a second wave of DLC characters to speculate about at all.

And remember, just because Waluigi being 5 is part of my theory, doesn't mean that necessarily has to be true. Waluigi could easily end up being post pass DLC and that's actually what Paragon himself believes if Waluigi were to get in at all, but I personally would say otherwise based on the theory I have built up.

D

Deleted member

It's generally frowned upon because it can come across as spammy. Most of the time, people usually double post by accident (if there's some sort of forum error), or they quote two people in quick succession, which aren't as bad.

Mods/admins can merge the posts (which I'll do now), but if you want to avoid double posting by quoting several people at once, you can either use the +Quote button (it's right next to reply), or type out the post, copy it, and edit it into the post that you had already made instead of making a second post.
Ok. Just making myself aware.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
YOooo, SilvaGunner's "Swing in the Forest" is a boppin BEAT. Now I wanna draw Mario and Geno, both in black suits and snappin' their fingers to this swingin' tune.

1575146659474.png

1575146670070.png

7NATOR

Smash Master
From what he said, the Geno Gang was in a rut after the November direct and Sabi swooped in and took him into the private discord.
I Kind of get that, But is there more to it, did Fatmanonice have to Complete some secret Ritual to become apart of the inside, why was he chosen among all the other Geno...well actually i can believe that, Reading on his history he kind of helped grow the Geno fanbase back during the brawl days. but eh

OffBi OffBi Franco Geno Franco Geno

So here's why I think my Waluigi theory has potentially gotten a bit stronger...

It all has to do with a DM from Paragon sent to an unknown user around E3 time that was later leaked onto the general PapaGenos' Discord.
I haven't talked to Paragon myself about it, i'd rather not bother him with this type of stuff for awhile, but a friend of mine on the Forest Maze server said he was answering questions about Waluigi a few days ago and his stance on this particular DM is that is in fact, real.

So this is the DM. Why do I think it strengthens the idea of Waluigi as DLC? Well...
It's because of BOTW2. A common reason people assumed Paraleak was immediately fake back in the day was because it was said by the press that BOTW2 was a surprise to journalists, even though a lot of them knew what was coming in the direct that day. For many people, it didn't make sense why Paragon would know this information and the E3 press wouldn't.

BUT, now that we can look back on it, in hindsight, Fatmanonice has talked multiple times about how excited he was about being privy to the information that BOTW2 and Banjo were coming in late April. I'm not sure if the "late April" timeframe is accurate with BOTW2 and Banjo but I feel like Fatman has said he heard Banjo around that time, and I also remember him saying he knew about BOTW2 in advance as well.
Fatman knowing about BOTW2 now gives a lot more credence for Paragon knowing this information as well. And while I do think knowing the specifics of the Smash trailers is very suspect, it's possible this kind of info could get leaked from video editors as Directs are prepared a lot earlier compared to when they are put out. So it's possible.

Also, Paragon having multiple people claim to him that Undertale is getting represented but Sans won't be a fighter makes a ton of sense as to why he'd jump the gun and assume Frisk to be the playable character. I mean, just read this DM and I think most of you would agree this sounds pretty accurate as to what we got in the end "Undertale is getting represented, but NO SANS" x25.
---
Anyways, while i'm theorycrafting, I want to make a huge disclaimer

Please, do NOT hound Paragon or Fatmanonice for anything i'm speculating about here. I can't stress this enough. I'm pretty sure Paragon doesn't mind answering questions but he's left the leak game due to the fact that he got many death threats after PapaGenos' said the Paragon leak was most likely fake. And again, I know all you Genobros are probably cool about this but I just want to make it extra clear so that i'm not making anyone's life worse by just having fun making my own speculative theories.

For as long as i've talked to him, Para does not seem like he's trying to pull anyone's leg or troll. He's not like that. He has a job and responsibilities at the PapaGenos' server which makes it seem unlikely that he'd have time to make this mastermind fake leak to troll a bunch of people.
If his information it's wrong, it's wrong, do not harass him over it please.

Sorry for having to get that out of the way, but it is precisely the reason why Fatman won't talk about Waluigi... people get sooooo toxic at the idea of Assist Trophy upgrades whether it be because they want Waluigi, they don't want Waluigi, they want an Assist who isn't Waluigi, etc.
Let's just keep speculation fun and interesting and be glad we have a second wave of DLC characters to speculate about at all.

And remember, just because Waluigi being 5 is part of my theory, doesn't mean that necessarily has to be true. Waluigi could easily end up being post pass DLC and that's actually what Paragon himself believes if Waluigi were to get in at all, but I personally would say otherwise based on the theory I have built up.
Not to be that guy, but wasn't the whole reason Paragon knew about Undertale and Waluigi is because he had an Amiibo source? I might be confused with another leak, but if that was the case none of this would add up, considering Mii Costumes don't get Amiibos

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Not to be that guy, but wasn't the whole reason Paragon knew about Undertale and Waluigi is because he had an Amiibo source? I might be confused with another leak, but if that was the case none of this would add up, considering Mii Costumes don't get Amiibos
Adding to this, I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but I don't know if parts of amiibo that are easy to recognise would be in production potentially 7 months before FP5 (in this case Waluigi) is even announced, let alone playable- we haven't heard rumblings of a Joker amiibo, for instance.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Adding to this, I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but I don't know if parts of amiibo that are easy to recognise would be in production potentially 7 months before FP5 (in this case Waluigi) is even announced, let alone playable- we haven't heard rumblings of a Joker amiibo, for instance.
Hey, you just made me realize... where are DLC amiibo?! I want my Joker amiibo! I wonder if Fatmanonice knows of any of the inner workings regarding this at all, but probably not since he's never said... (then again no one has really asked).

D

Deleted member

Hey, you just made me realize... where are DLC amiibo?! I want my Joker amiibo! I wonder if Fatmanonice knows of any of the inner workings regarding this at all, but probably not since he's never said... (then again no one has really asked).
Joker is probably coming in January with Richter and Dark Samus - Nintendo keeps an updating list on their website, but they haven't added anyone beyond Dark Samus sincr September.

D

Deleted member

Joker is probably coming in January with Richter and Dark Samus - Nintendo keeps an updating list on their website, but they haven't added anyone beyond Dark Samus sincr September.
Makes the most sense. Then Hero, Banjo and Terry in March or April

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just bought the og Resident Evil remake on Switch. I've been looking to try the series for a while now, and since this was on sale and I've heard great things about the remake, I thought why not? Hoping to try it soon.

If I like it, I'll probably get RE4 on the Wii U eShop since I'd rather play it with Wii Remote aiming (I adore aiming in Pikmin and Metroid with it).

You know what... I'm going to be honest with all of you because of things I recently learned about past events. Like Lloyd and Sephiroth, this is yet another character that used to be talked about pretty openly by insiders like Sabi and Paragon on places like Twitter. Once again, public amnesia so this isn't anything new and I'm doing this because Paragon's actually pretty cool and nice and took the time to listen to me when I had a severe depression episode recently. After being hard **** on by the community, they're definitely owed an apology. That AT is in fact Waluigi.

Now, I make mention of this because I came to learn a few days ago that the Paragon Leak was a lot more complicated than the public was told and guilty parties involved damn well know their roles in it. Two big takeaways: Paragon was not a fraud and Paragon really did get a C & D over it. Yes, some of Paragon's info was right and this is what probably landed them in literal legal trouble, however, not all of it was. This is where Waluigi comes in.

Among insiders, Waluigi is kind of the king of red herrings for Smash. The guy is heard so often in insider circles that a vast majority of people just assume he's bait. An AT being promoted? That's a big deal and obviously a topic that emotions run high with. As I've joked on here and at Papageno's Discord, Waluigi is the Monkey's Paw of Smash characters. The topic is so toxic and potentially dangerous that after Paragon insiders pretty much decided to nope, nope, nope themselves out the door. "Is he real or is he fake? ****, man, I don't care enough to have Nintendo come after me over it..." Yes, this is why I have hard swerved the topic because it's the only character on the "list" that has debatably caused real problems and, it may not be my place to say this, but I think Paragon was done dirty by the whole damn thing and my limited interactions with them have definitely earned my respect.

Do I think Waluigi is 5? Hell no... I don't even know if he's going to be a fighter and was just thrown into the mix as an AH HA, GOTCHA character by Nintendo. Real? Fake? Neither outcome would really surprise me at this point. Again, the only reason I bring this up is because I know I personally publicly dragged Paragon for the Paragon Leak back in the early summer and I wanted to take this time to say that I'm personally sorry and they didn't deserve what happened to them.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I Kind of get that, But is there more to it, did Fatmanonice have to Complete some secret Ritual to become apart of the inside, why was he chosen among all the other Geno...well actually i can believe that, Reading on his history he kind of helped grow the Geno fanbase back during the brawl days. but eh

I don't actually know

It's fine, I welcome skepticism, helps us narrow things down better.

As for it being an amiibo source, that sounds vaguely familiar but I don't actually know if it's true or not to be frank with you, and you do make a good point that it doesn't make too much sense for an Amiibo source to know about an Undertale amiibo if we just got a Sans costume. That being said, there's a lot of factors in play here and this "amiibo source" may be privy to more information than just what goes on with amiibos. It's hard to say.

Like I said, I welcome skepticism and evidence against my theory, so if anyone's able to find out if that Undertale info was in fact by an amiibo source, that could be a potential hit against this.

(edit, sorry for the double reply, smashboards is glitching)

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
the Geno fanbase was, understandably, super depressed after the November Direct last year
For anyone who just came in over the past few months the climate around these parts compared to now was almost night and day. While it didn't go completely to hell until the geno sticker got leaked with the early copies getting out, december-e3 was a horrible time to be hanging out here and a huge contributor to why it took me so long to quit lurking. The moment anyone said anything positive about geno's chances they were immediately dog piled by like a half dozen people. It really wasn't until the costume no showed that things started to get better and the starling talk reinvigorated interest. Before that the place was like 70-80% wynn tier and if you think I'm exaggerating just go back and read it yourself, the constant bickering over junk like "spirits" and "relevancy" and "better crossover potential" was endless and combined with the joker info drought I couldn't even bring myself to keep lurking and without the bombshell of solo and banjo at e3 I probably wouldn't have come back.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
You know what... I'm going to be honest with all of you because of things I recently learned about past events. Like Lloyd and Sephiroth, this is yet another character that used to be talked about pretty openly by insiders like Sabi and Paragon on places like Twitter. Once again, public amnesia so this isn't anything new and I'm doing this because Paragon's actually pretty cool and nice and took the time to listen to me when I had a severe depression episode recently. After being hard **** on by the community, they're definitely owed an apology. That AT is in fact Waluigi.

Now, I make mention of this because I came to learn a few days ago that the Paragon Leak was a lot more complicated than the public was told and guilty parties involved damn well know their roles in it. Two big takeaways: Paragon was not a fraud and Paragon really did get a C & D over it. Yes, some of Paragon's info was right and this is what probably landed them in literal legal trouble, however, not all of it was. This is where Waluigi comes in.

Among insiders, Waluigi is kind of the king of red herrings for Smash. The guy is heard so often in insider circles that a vast majority of people just assume he's bait. An AT being promoted? That's a big deal and obviously a topic that emotions run high with. As I've joked on here and at Papageno's Discord, Waluigi is the Monkey's Paw of Smash characters. The topic is so toxic and potentially dangerous that after Paragon insiders pretty much decided to nope, nope, nope themselves out the door. "Is he real or is he fake? ****, man, I don't care enough to have Nintendo come after me over it..." Yes, this is why I have hard swerved the topic because it's the only character on the "list" that has debatably caused real problems and, it may not be my place to say this, but I think Paragon was done dirty by the whole damn thing and my limited interactions with them have definitely earned my respect.

Do I think Waluigi is 5? Hell no... I don't even know if he's going to be a fighter and was just thrown into the mix as an AH HA, GOTCHA character by Nintendo. Real? Fake? Neither outcome would really surprise me at this point. Again, the only reason I bring this up is because I know I personally publicly dragged Paragon for the Paragon Leak back in the early summer and I wanted to take this time to say that I'm personally sorry and they didn't deserve what happened to them.
ITS WALUIGI TIME BOYS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom