• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't actually know

It's fine, I welcome skepticism, helps us narrow things down better.

As for it being an amiibo source, that sounds vaguely familiar but I don't actually know if it's true or not to be frank with you, and you do make a good point that it doesn't make too much sense for an Amiibo source to know about an Undertale amiibo if we just got a Sans costume. That being said, there's a lot of factors in play here and this "amiibo source" may be privy to more information than just what goes on with amiibos. It's hard to say.

Like I said, I welcome skepticism and evidence against my theory, so if anyone's able to find out if that Undertale info was in fact by an amiibo source, that could be a potential hit against this.

(edit, sorry for the double reply, smashboards is glitching)

If not Timestamped correctly, it's around 6:48 for the detail about the Amiibo Source

and maybe the Amiibo source might have more info then let on, but we would have to see

Nicnac

Smash Ace
You know what... I'm going to be honest with all of you because of things I recently learned about past events. Like Lloyd and Sephiroth, this is yet another character that used to be talked about pretty openly by insiders like Sabi and Paragon on places like Twitter. Once again, public amnesia so this isn't anything new and I'm doing this because Paragon's actually pretty cool and nice and took the time to listen to me when I had a severe depression episode recently. After being hard **** on by the community, they're definitely owed an apology. That AT is in fact Waluigi.

Now, I make mention of this because I came to learn a few days ago that the Paragon Leak was a lot more complicated than the public was told and guilty parties involved damn well know their roles in it. Two big takeaways: Paragon was not a fraud and Paragon really did get a C & D over it. Yes, some of Paragon's info was right and this is what probably landed them in literal legal trouble, however, not all of it was. This is where Waluigi comes in.

Among insiders, Waluigi is kind of the king of red herrings for Smash. The guy is heard so often in insider circles that a vast majority of people just assume he's bait. An AT being promoted? That's a big deal and obviously a topic that emotions run high with. As I've joked on here and at Papageno's Discord, Waluigi is the Monkey's Paw of Smash characters. The topic is so toxic and potentially dangerous that after Paragon insiders pretty much decided to nope, nope, nope themselves out the door. "Is he real or is he fake? ****, man, I don't care enough to have Nintendo come after me over it..." Yes, this is why I have hard swerved the topic because it's the only character on the "list" that has debatably caused real problems and, it may not be my place to say this, but I think Paragon was done dirty by the whole damn thing and my limited interactions with them have definitely earned my respect.

Do I think Waluigi is 5? Hell no... I don't even know if he's going to be a fighter and was just thrown into the mix as an AH HA, GOTCHA character by Nintendo. Real? Fake? Neither outcome would really surprise me at this point. Again, the only reason I bring this up is because I know I personally publicly dragged Paragon for the Paragon Leak back in the early summer and I wanted to take this time to say that I'm personally sorry and they didn't deserve what happened to them.
So the Inside 10 (that we know) is:
Geno
Ryu Hayabusa
Crash Bandicoot
Dante (from the Devil May Cry Series!)
Lloyd Irving
Nightmare
Sol Badguy
and Waluigi.
What a set of characters.

Also, as far as I know I'm super young for this thread, is it bad that I've literally never heard of Guilty Gear? Does it have a big impact in the landscape of video games like quite a few of those picks do?

Last edited:

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
geno
ryu
crash
dante
lloyd
nightmare
sol badguy

So if I'm understading this right these 7 plus 3 are the secret characters that have "global appeal" for the running as DLC?

Or are there even more hidden characters names like Sephiroth and Waluigi that are out there? Even with the possibility of them being leakbait?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
You're missing that other SE character
fatman never said sephiroth was on the list of 10 and I think that's for a good reason. remember that only covers the characters they believe there might be some meaning behind a list of every name period put together would be significantly bigger.

that said thanks to fatman's most recent post I guess I can take the censor bar off that last one : )

geno
ryu
crash
dante
lloyd
nightmare
sol badguy
waluigi

OffBi

Smash Ace
fatman never said sephiroth was on the list of 10 and I think that's for a good reason. remember that only covers the characters they believe there might be some meaning behind a list of every name period put together would be significantly bigger.

that said thanks to fatman's most recent post I guess I can take the censor bar off that last one : )

geno
ryu
crash
dante
lloyd
nightmare
sol badguy
waluigi
Wait, you actually know who those last two characters are!?

RingJ5

Smash Ace

geno
ryu
crash
dante
lloyd
nightmare
sol badguy
waluigi
Wait, where’s this list from? Do the asterisks actually correspond to the amount of letters, like Waluigi’s seems to?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
You know what... I'm going to be honest with all of you because of things I recently learned about past events. Like Lloyd and Sephiroth, this is yet another character that used to be talked about pretty openly by insiders like Sabi and Paragon on places like Twitter. Once again, public amnesia so this isn't anything new and I'm doing this because Paragon's actually pretty cool and nice and took the time to listen to me when I had a severe depression episode recently. After being hard **** on by the community, they're definitely owed an apology. That AT is in fact Waluigi.

Now, I make mention of this because I came to learn a few days ago that the Paragon Leak was a lot more complicated than the public was told and guilty parties involved damn well know their roles in it. Two big takeaways: Paragon was not a fraud and Paragon really did get a C & D over it. Yes, some of Paragon's info was right and this is what probably landed them in literal legal trouble, however, not all of it was. This is where Waluigi comes in.

Among insiders, Waluigi is kind of the king of red herrings for Smash. The guy is heard so often in insider circles that a vast majority of people just assume he's bait. An AT being promoted? That's a big deal and obviously a topic that emotions run high with. As I've joked on here and at Papageno's Discord, Waluigi is the Monkey's Paw of Smash characters. The topic is so toxic and potentially dangerous that after Paragon insiders pretty much decided to nope, nope, nope themselves out the door. "Is he real or is he fake? ****, man, I don't care enough to have Nintendo come after me over it..." Yes, this is why I have hard swerved the topic because it's the only character on the "list" that has debatably caused real problems and, it may not be my place to say this, but I think Paragon was done dirty by the whole damn thing and my limited interactions with them have definitely earned my respect.

Do I think Waluigi is 5? Hell no... I don't even know if he's going to be a fighter and was just thrown into the mix as an AH HA, GOTCHA character by Nintendo. Real? Fake? Neither outcome would really surprise me at this point. Again, the only reason I bring this up is because I know I personally publicly dragged Paragon for the Paragon Leak back in the early summer and I wanted to take this time to say that I'm personally sorry and they didn't deserve what happened to them.
Thank you for talking about this subject, because (as you said) this topic can get heated.

Yeah, it definitely seemed obvious that Waluigi was the character you were referring to when you said Assist Trophy promotion. But I just figured it was too much of a controversial issue, that you wanted to just completely sidestep it.

It is expected (at least for me) that Waluigi would be a red herring. Personally, I think Waluigi is on par with Sora for how much the internet would meltdown (if not more so). I know that really pisses some people off, but as I've said before, like it or not the outcry for Waluigi was MASSIVE (and it doesn't matter if it was mostly meme or not, it was still massive regardless). I truly do believe Waluigi does have a legitimate shot as DLC; as one of the only Nintendo characters to be DLC. Is it my first choice? No. But Waluigi's outcry just seems like too big a thing for Nintendo to ignore if they're wanting this game to leave on a high note and really be "Ultimate" (even though it already is in my eyes). And if this is Sakurai's magnum opis, why not put in the Nintendo character that received the most outcry when they were revealed to not he in Smash? (Again, sorry Isaac, Dixie Kong, Rex, or whatever fans, but this is just reality. I'd adore Bandana Dee for example, but Waluigi just makes sense.)

I suppose my final question, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , is if Waluigi is still being actively talked about? Is he someone like Geno that's keeps popping up recently and now people are starting to wonder if his chances are serious? Is he like Sephiroth where he is an older rumor that just keeps sticking around? Or is he a character that does keep popping up but people are worried he is leakbait? (If he were leakbait, it didn't sound like you made out Waluigi to be as aggressive leakbait as Steve was though.)

Edit: P.S.: So Waluigi is one of the 10 rumored characters you've been hearing?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh, and in early November, when Fatmanonice Fatmanonice revealed that there was the list of ten, was Waluigi the "end of times" fighter you meant?
Yes. Again, he's trolly but the fact that he's the only character on the list tied to an honest to God c&d and angry fans of other ATs sending people like Sabi and Paragon death and dox threats, it's not an exaggeration that the character is especially chaotic.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Wait, where’s this list from? Do the asterisks actually correspond to the amount of letters, like Waluigi’s seems to?
The asterisk choice was intentional but don't look to into it too much I do my homework but I'm not an insider and I just picked who I felt was the most likely candidate of a pool based on what we know about each slot. "end of the world" Waluigi was the only one of those three I was actually confident about. really him and lloyd are the only ones I actually put my chips on that amounted to something. Dante, nightmare, and sol were just names I had on the capcom, namco, and 3rd party curveball sticky note lists though like I said earlier dante should have been obvious with everything that happened up to this point.

btw thanks StarLight42 StarLight42 for giving me a good opportunity to discreetly interject my thoughts earlier, while my brain doesn't believe in waluigi for 5 my heart is pinning for a big upset whoever it is and I'm behind'ya all the way.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'm not quite sure why Waluigi has been the talk of the town lately, but I'm all about that. I can sense the WAHpocalypse coming, brothers.

Also while Lloyd is still somewhat relevant here, I was just taking a look at my Gamecube memory card a couple hours ago and...
symphonia save.jpg

turns out whoever owned this card before me had played 14 minutes of Tales of Symphonia. Clearly this is a sign that Lloyd is imminent, and by proxy, so is Geno.

There, I've once again proven Geno is indeed on his way to Smash. :ultpacman:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I mean, it would, but it's the same issue that one or two people here would've had if our finale for DLC was Lloyd- why them and not another promotion (in this case, maybe Shadow, Isaac, Bomberman, Skull Kid even Krystal or Ray MK III)? Isaac especially fell from grace after the 1-2 punch of the Grinch Leak being faked and him being an assist, at least Waluigi's disconfirmation was straight off the bat at E3 2018.
I can't speak for everyone but most Isaac fans support Waluigi too with the advent of the "Camelot Bros" not to mention any character proving to the fanbase at large that ATs can be promoted as DLC and the war cry of "ATs can only be promoted for a new game" being killed would lead to a lot of general happiness. Besides a lot of people see Waluigi as the first AT to get promoted anyway. I guess some might be mad but a small minority is always angry after every character and it's a small price to pay for a brighter DLC selection.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Yes. Again, he's trolly but the fact that he's the only character on the list tied to an honest to God c&d and angry fans of other ATs sending people like Sabi and Paragon death and dox threats, it's not an exaggeration that the character is especially chaotic.
Honestly that reminds me. Since the Paragon was C&D and his leak had Waluigi and undertale , Might i ask if you guys were also hearing of Undertale content before the Sans Mii Costume came out? Seeing how that leak were saying Undertale (and while it did not turn out to be a character, it still content in game) it could give more credence to Waluigi being heard in the inside circles right now

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
If Waluigi were announced, I'd be legitimately happy. Not only for his legitimate fans, but for the reaction of the internet as well. Gosh... can imagine how glorious the internet's reaction would be? Those type of realities aren't meant for the mortal realm...

hm, then again, people said the same thing about Banjo & Kazooie so...

What are you doing down here? You can leave now.

Did you want me to say something? Uhh... I think Geno has a good chance in Smash. Is that what you wanted? Can you leave now?

Okay, fine. Geno has a GREAT chance in Smash. I legitimately think that. You can leave now please.

(((Fine, I'll tell you since you're so persistent. Hey, so welcome to my catacombs. I've brought you here to whisper something really secretive to you. ...um... I legitimately like Waluigi and wouldn't mind his inclusion. Now to be honest, I prefer Wario, and I'd rather have Captain Toad as the next Mario character in Smash, but I've grown up alongside all of the main Mario cast so I am kinda attached to Waluigi. I understand there are some bad apples in his fanbase, and how a chunk of his popularity is meme... but there are legitimately good people wanting his inclusion. Just a reminder.)))

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
AdamBel731 AdamBel731 Yes, he's one of the ten and heard with do much frequency that it's genuinely annoying. This is why confidence in him is super high or totally in the toilet from person to person. Even among people who hear these rumors first hand, the arguments get very heated and emotions run high. It's probably the most disagreed on thing in Smash insider circles. I've always been of the mind that he was fake, at least for the Fighter's Pass. The dude screams bonus character to me personally. Again, there's people who believe the opposite and it's almost always a fight and it's exhausting... There's no escaping it. I LOVE Waluigi and think he would be a fun addition but the circumstances surrounding him have utterly sucked the fun out of it.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow that’s really interesting. I doubt Waluigi is ever going to get in but god damn it would be hilarious if he did

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So Waluigi has been heard so much that insiders are at war with each other?

I’m thinking he’s in if not some weird leakbait from a trollish Nintendo higher-up.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't think I'll ever understand why Waluigi causes so many smash fans to descend into madness and or rage. Whether you love or hate the character it's not that serious.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
AdamBel731 AdamBel731 Yes, he's one of the ten and heard with do much frequency that it's genuinely annoying. This is why confidence in him is super high or totally in the toilet from person to person. Even among people who hear these rumors first hand, the arguments get very heated and emotions run high. It's probably the most disagreed on thing in Smash insider circles. I've always been of the mind that he was fake, at least for the Fighter's Pass. The dude screams bonus character to me personally. Again, there's people who believe the opposite and it's almost always a fight and it's exhausting... There's no escaping it. I LOVE Waluigi and think he would be a fun addition but the circumstances surrounding him have utterly sucked the fun out of it.
Woah, now this is certainly unpresendted. I really do thank you for sharing this, because it does get heated regarding Waluigi. I sincerely hope someone like LaxChris doesn't say you're leaking Waluigi or something.

So, just to be clear, you're basically saying that if he were any other random Joe of a character you'd think he is super likely... but because it is Waluigi you are hesitant? How long have you heard him for? For about as long as Geno and Lloyd? Or did it start small (like you and many others thought it was a troll), but now it is so frequent that people are taking it seriously? So like being pushed for like Steve, but maybe not as aggressively? (Since Steve's push was aggressive to hide Banjo & Kazooie.)

Edit: Sorry for asking so many questions, this is just legitimately surprising to hear Waluigi is in such good standing. It is rare to have legitimate calm discussion about the guy.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Again, there's people who believe the opposite and it's almost always a fight and it's exhausting... There's no escaping it.
He really is chaotic evil with the arguments caused by him, huh? Dread it. Run from it. Waluigi still arrives.

EDIT: WAHnos lmao

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I feel like Waluigi would be easier to swallow if we got Isaac too, but tbh I dunno how I feel about him getting in at the present moment. To a certain extent, that means a meme means more to Nintendo than Golden Sun

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I'd be fine with Waluigi making it into Ultimate. Now that I think of it; would his character icon be a Mushroom like most of the Super Mario Bros. characters or... would he have a unique icon like Wario has from his WarioWare games?

I'd love to see some high-level Waluigi matches in tournaments (doubles with Wario + Waluigi?!?! :eek::love:). However, what concerns me of his potential addition is the reception it would receive from the fact of him currently being an Assist Trophy, and potentially being the first AT upgrade out of all the current ones. It's fair to see and understand why he's sort of the land-mine-character within the DLC speculation. If he gets in, it's both "HURRAY" and "AAARGH ROOARRRR, NOOO!" simultaneously.

*looks at the calendar*

Dang. Still about a week and a half to go until the TGAs. :facepalm:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Waluigi would be hype.

I don’t care about him as much as some other characters, but I do like him, and he could kill that stupid “lol they’re just a meme pick” argument that doesn’t make any frickin sense anyway.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
The problem is that for as much love as he has waluigi to me seems like the perfect leakbait. Reason is because after everything we've witnessed I can't help but believe that someone up there either really has it out for the guy or the suits perception of him never evolved past "wario's tennis partner" which would make having him be paid dlc seem like financial suicide. However they are aware of his demand like Reggie has told us but if they were getting cold feet about flipping banjo then the chance of them thinking waluigi's support is just internet memes seems depressingly likely. However in their mind all of these different factors would combine to make the perfect bait since talk of him across the net is basically guaranteed to spread just like they want.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I feel like Waluigi would be easier to swallow if we got Isaac too, but tbh I dunno how I feel about him getting in at the present moment. To a certain extent, that means a meme means more to Nintendo than Golden Sun
To be fair, Nintendo doesn't really see any character as a meme I don't think. Especially NoJ. They hear a character is begged for, and they hear it. I don't think they view the huge outcry as an outright meme. Sure, they probably think some people are joking, but they likely heard the outcry and thought that was a character people want. No matter how much the desire was meme or genuine desire, there was an outcry and Nintendo definitely heard. It doesn't matter to Nintendo if Waluigi is a meme. If he is a character that a lot of people clearly want, they might put in him. Nintendo are just less personal with character choices than we are. For better or for worse. For better, because they don't really choose anyone "over" someone else to demoralize the character not chosen, but for worse because, well... just look how Nintendo recently announced those Resident Evil Spirits suddenly. They didn't do it personally, they just don't take it as personally as we do.

Heck, Sans even got a Mii costume due to his popularity. And you could definitely all I said above applies to him as well.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Thinking of Waluigi as just a meme is a disservice to him, dude. Sure he has dank energy oozing from every side, but I can assure you most of the memes surrounding him come from people who have played one of the many Mario spin off games of the last 20 years and fallen in love with the character, myself included. His inclusion wouldn't be demeaning to Isaac's cause so much as it'd be a sign that they'll be on board with addressing fan requests trapped in Snow Globe Hell™ by starting with the most infamous yet beloved of the bunch. Basically, Waluigi getting in would only bode well for Isaac and Sakurai's/Nintendo's view of him.

Relatable

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly that reminds me. Since the Paragon was C&D and his leak had Waluigi and undertale , Might i ask if you guys were also hearing of Undertale content before the Sans Mii Costume came out? Seeing how that leak were saying Undertale (and while it did not turn out to be a character, it still content in game) it could give more credence to Waluigi being heard in the inside circles right now
No, Paragon was literally the only person that heard Undertale content and my suspicion is that's what ultimately got him in trouble. Frisk was potentially bait for the Sans costume but it's irrelevant now.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
No, Paragon was literally the only person that heard Undertale content and my suspicion is that's what ultimately got him in trouble. Frisk was potentially bait for the Sans costume but it's irrelevant now.
How many spirits/ assists promotions do you think can realistically happen?

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I would find it hilarious if Waluigi turned out to be the first Assist promotion.

I did want him in the game, and would enjoy having him being playable. The character is such a hammy goofball, I love it. He's also Mr. D. Dastardly (can't say the name without getting censored) from the Wacky Races cartoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom