• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQS

Smash Lord
Is Geno’s thread the biggest thread of all times right now? 1854 pages.

Ridley was 1.500?

It seems that we are going to reach 2000 soon. Hope to see the Dream Come True when Geno gets revealed 12/12.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Yeah, the AA is great, very nice entry point that I'd recommend for anyone new to the series with a Switch.

That said... UGH, OKAMI! My bias for Okami is huge. I'd highly recommend that game first, but I'm insanely biased when I say this. I love that game so incredibly much. It's really worth every dollar and beyond.
I'm literally at Target right now. I forget, does Okami have dungeons like Zelda? I know it has been compared to Zelda from what I hear. Also, I know the game is critically acclaimed, but I didn't know if it ran and controlled well on Switch.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm literally at Target right now. I forget, does Okami have dungeons like Zelda? I know it has been compared to Zelda from what I hear. Also, I know the game is critically acclaimed, but I didn't know if it ran and controlled well on Switch.
It does have dungeons, though they're usually pretty simplistic, and it runs and controls amazingly on the Switch.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
The hardest part about this time of year is buying things for yourself that have great deals for a limited time, and buying things for others. The balance is hard.

D

Deleted member

I always thought color theory was dumb because of that, I doubt Sakurai decided to check off a list of colors and then decided to include the characters because of that; rather then deciding the character first and then choosing the color that represents them the best.
But either way:
-The swords that Lloyd has are super important in the story, like people have already said.
-Bandai Namco is associated with orange, making literally every one of their characters viable for Fighter 5.

It's still a dumb theory though, even if character 5 comes with an orange background.
The nuance to color theory isn't that the character is associated with the color, it's that the color is somewhere on their body. I use Incineroar for the kind of perfect proof of that. Anyway, so far color theory has been absolutely correct, and while it can't predict characters or even the order of the characters, it has predicted an aspect of the character, and I consider it no less dumb than box theory that turned out to be gospel, or music theory which is still in the air.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The thing about the recent GameXplain video that kills me is that, knowing what I, the thing comes off as a massive coy pond. For starters, the timing is super suspect. This honestly could have been a video released last year because god knows people have been making those arguments forever. Probably going to watch it again and go down the list of everything that mad me hardcore HMMM in it.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I just wanted to apologize for what I said yesterday. Some very nice people have DMed me and I now understand your role and importance to the community a little better. I've only been lurking this thread for a month, so I was a little bit confused despite enjoying your speculation and now I understand why what I said was completely out of line. No hard feelings. I would have DMed you this, but your DMs are closed, so this is the next best thing.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I think the fact that every single deconfirm aside from Cacodemon has happened so swiftly, and when Sabi went to go check on Tales they went silent speaks volumes

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Is Geno’s thread the biggest thread of all times right now? 1854 pages.

Ridley was 1.500?

It seems that we are going to reach 2000 soon. Hope to see the Dream Come True when Geno gets revealed 12/12.
The Smash 4 Ridley thread had 1952 pages, not 1500. We are just 98 pages away from surpassing that thread.

The thing about the recent GameXplain video that kills me is that, knowing what I, the thing comes off as a massive coy pond. For starters, the timing is super suspect. This honestly could have been a video released last year because god knows people have been making those arguments forever. Probably going to watch it again and go down the list of everything that mad me hardcore HMMM in it.
This. Jon and the gang know something we don't and that is why I think we are getting another Nintendo character or two in the DLC lineup.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I just wanted to apologize for what I said yesterday. Some very nice people have DMed me and I now understand your role and importance to the community a little better. I've only been lurking this thread for a month, so I was a little bit confused despite enjoying your speculation and now I understand why what I said was completely out of line. No hard feelings. I would have DMed you this, but your DMs are closed, so this is the next best thing.
It's okay brother. I'm kind of used to it and I admit I get super defensive. Adult ADHD + Depression - medication for the ADHD = severe RSD to where I will literally spiral if I don't hardcore stand up for myself. To a degree, it's more me and trying not to let my mental health go to **** and this community is amazing because they know my story and what happens if people bite on too hard and don't let go. Either way, welcome; I hope you enjoy your time here. This fanbase is amazing and, unironically, I almost view it like family so if you want to be part of it, we're happy to have you.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
It's okay brother. I'm kind of used to it and I admit I get super defensive. Adult ADHD + Depression - medication for the ADHD = severe RSD to where I will literally spiral if I don't hardcore stand up for myself. To a degree, it's more me and trying not to let my mental health go to **** and this community is amazing because they know my story and what happens if people bite on too hard and don't let go. Either way, welcome; I hope you enjoy your time here. This fanbase is amazing and, unironically, I almost view it like family so if you want to be part of it, we're happy to have you.
As someone also with adult ADHD and depression (+ a million other things), I can relate. And I absolutely intend to enjoy my time here, though I imagine I'll be lurking more than actually posting, heh.

While I have your attention, do you mind if I ask a somewhat vague question?

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I think the fact that every single deconfirm aside from Cacodemon has happened so swiftly, and when Sabi went to go check on Tales they went silent speaks volumes
To be fair, it took their source several days to give an update on the Mii Costume leak apparently.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
The nuance to color theory isn't that the character is associated with the color, it's that the color is somewhere on their body. I use Incineroar for the kind of perfect proof of that. Anyway, so far color theory has been absolutely correct, and while it can't predict characters or even the order of the characters, it has predicted an aspect of the character, and I consider it no less dumb than box theory that turned out to be gospel, or music theory which is still in the air.
Music theory is not in the air. There were multiple Pokemon songs. It was false.

I have no idea what you mean by colour theory re: Incineroar because only the DLC characters have any colours in their boxes at all. Unless you're referring to the stripes on their pages which is a little bit ridiculous because K. Rool and Isabelle are both green and Piranha Plant's is decidedly cyan (which he is not)

But the idea of Sakurai sitting around scratching his head trying to come up with a blue character and then deciding that Terry Bogard fits because of his jeans is nonsense. Especially with 3rd party characters that require negotiations, you can't just decide that beforehand. What if SNK said no? Was he going to restrict himself to another "blue" character? Do you understand how silly that sounds?

But if you really want to get into an argument over something as pointless as the background colours of the Smash blog, I'll bite. Let's take a look at Piranha Plant.

I took the average colour of his background, which I'm told is supposed to be green. Interesting because by all accounts, the shade #039c7a (pictured here
1575054822571.png
) is apparently dark cyan. An actual shade from Plant, #35af2b (pictured here
1575054917275.png
) is called dark lime green. He is therefore being represented by a colour which is only barely more green than blue, according to RGB.

Are you telling me that Lloyd would look any more out of place in a reddish-orange background than Piranha Plant does in a blueish-green one?

I've seen this image posted around a few times (ignore the cursor, screencapped from a video).

1575055344560.png

It's really not accurate, though. If you took the actual colours from the site, the would probably look more like this. Paintbucket trash coming through, I threw in a random Lloyd model as well.
1575055563841.png

Does he really look all that out of place? I don't think so.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Yeah, but that still doesn't change the fact that its still trying to make a pattern of coincidences. Box theory was at least an official box.

So you're telling me:
-Joker is red because he has red gloves and Arsene is red.
-Hero is purple because he has a purple clothes.
--Banjo is yellow because Kazooie has yellow colours.
-Terry is blue because of his blue jeans.

And that Sakurai decided on the color of characters background before deciding on the character themselves? It seems like a big stretch to me.

Like, I think gameplay theory (characters that play completely differently are chosen) and niche theory (characters are getting nicher as pass goes on) are about as likely as color theory.

Chances are that character 5 is orange, but really has no reason to specifically be orange.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hey, I think the thread got really nasty last night, and I'm glad to see things are on the mend. I personally don't think you were out-of-line like some individuals were, and it's also nice to see you and Fatman working stuff out. I'm gonna be frank that I'm appalled at how toxic things got yesterday, and I'm glad I wasn't here for the blizzard of *******s in wheelbarrows that was this thread when it happened omg.

So what I mean to say is, I'm sorry that the attitudes here may have instilled an awful first impression of our thread. I can't speak for everyone when I say this bit, but I'd be welcome to have you in our little home of stars and wooden puppets! :drflip:

ETA: Whaaaat, the word filters didn't censor that one? What? Well, uh... I'll censor it for the young'uns to be safe then. Replace asterisks in your minds with perhaps some pecans or macadamias, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Probably a sign that we're scraping the bottom of the barrel for conversation topics, but I do want to get away from a less friendly atmosphere and into a chill one- if Geno comes in, he's getting an amiibo, almost definitely. Assuming you get one, would you guys call it anything specific or not?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I actually don't think the timing is that suspect or anything. It seems like it was, in part, prompted by the discussion around the Resident Evil Spirits.

I also don't think every video/tweet/otter the GX people post warrants this much suspicion at this point.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Probably a sign that we're scraping the bottom of the barrel for conversation topics, but I do want to get away from a less friendly atmosphere and into a chill one- if Geno comes in, he's getting an amiibo, almost definitely. Assuming you get one, would you guys call it anything specific or not?
♥♪!? if I can

Ovaltine

Smash Master
What's the character limit?

... I could either be very affectionate and name it 'MY SON', or I could be disparagingly affectionate and name it something like 'LOSER' or 'NERDWAFFLE'. Decisions, decisions... :drshrug:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Lloyd didn't get immediately disproven.

People are still trying to disprove Geno and Doomguy.

Yeah I'm thinking they're in

Nicnac

Smash Ace
What's the character limit?

... I could either be very affectionate and name it 'MY SON', or I could be disparagingly affectionate and name it something like 'LOSER' or 'NERDWAFFLE'. Decisions, decisions... :drshrug:
10 characters is the limit I think.
Lloyd didn't get immediately disproven.

People are still trying to disprove Geno and Doomguy.

Yeah I'm thinking they're in
Yeah, we're on the same wavelength here. CacoMallow leak is hurt but far from dead, and they're both only disconfirmed for FP5.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Hey, I think the thread got really nasty last night, and I'm glad to see things are on the mend. I personally don't think you were out-of-line like some individuals were, and it's also nice to see you and Fatman working stuff out. I'm gonna be frank that I'm appalled at how toxic things got yesterday, and I'm glad I wasn't here for the blizzard of *******s in wheelbarrows that was this thread when it happened omg.

So what I mean to say is, I'm sorry that the attitudes here may have instilled an awful first impression of our thread. I can't speak for everyone when I say this bit, but I'd be welcome to have you in our little home of stars and wooden puppets! :drflip:

ETA: Whaaaat, the word filters didn't censor that one? What? Well, uh... I'll censor it for the young'uns to be safe then. Replace asterisks in your minds with perhaps some pecans or macadamias, if you know what I mean.
I 100% understand why people would be on edge, especially in a community like this that's been around for so long despite not being treated the best by the community at large as well as the developer itself. I feel guilty as it is coming into this thread when my love for the character is less than most people here even though I still really want him in. But we can all move beyond first impressions and hopefully I won't be hated TOO much by the time we finally get our little puppet in the game :D

Edt: Ah, I'm using "we" again. My bad, didn't know how else to word it.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Things that made me HMMMM in the recent GameXplain video:

-Going over how "final" reveals for Smash have almost always been underwhelming/niche.

-Talks about how everyone in the Fighter's Pass so far was largely unexpected and how hard it would be to keep this up while retaining interest.

-Talks an unusual amount about Mii costumes and the overlap of characters that are both.

-Talks about the multiple work arounds for ATs despite, again, always being a feature in the game.

-While talking about spirits "That contradiction (spirits can't become fighters) is going to come, you can bet on it."

-Basically says what we were all thinking about DLC spirits, probably hard deconfirmations.

-Hard calls out Dante and uses an almost word for word reason I've seen from other insiders about one reason why they're suspicious of him being future DLC.

-Mentions Sora, Doom Guy, and Rex/Pyra a little too much. Given GameXplain strong connections to Nintendo, these would practically count as leaks and hardcore jeopardize their channel if any of these were coming soon.

-Literally no mentions of Lloyd or Geno despite being the forefront of these arguments for over a year.

Again, a massive coy pond.

Droodle

Smash Lord
To be fair, it took their source several days to give an update on the Mii Costume leak apparently.
From what I know, while Sabi did take several days (2-3) to check with her primary source; They at least kept us updated on the situation every day. So far, they haven't.

It could be because:
-They found something out, but can't say it yet.
-They've found nothing on Tales in terms of confirming/deconfirming.
-Sabi's source is on holidays thanks to Thanksgiving.

I personally think that 3 is the most likely.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
What annoys me about dlc alt skins is that, they looked like they wanted to do it with Joker and Hero. But Banjo got none and Terry didn't even get some of his more obvious choices for alt skins.
To me, that's ok. I like how traditional Banjo and Kazooie feel. Simple recolors go hand in hand with their no frills move set. They definitely feel like they've been around since Smash 64 and I love it.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Lloyd is out?! Wait, not just for FP5, but in GENERAL?!

I really hope not. It looked like he was really likely, and I want his fans to get him so badly. I have no personal attachment to him, but... ow...

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So the big question is...was Lloyd a Steve situation but actually successful in keeping us in the dark IF it is a Namco rep?

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
-Talks an unusual amount about Mii costumes and the overlap of characters that are both.

-While talking about spirits "That contradiction (spirits can't become fighters) is going to come, you can bet on it."

-Literally no mentions of Lloyd or Geno despite being the forefront of these arguments for over a year.
So uh, if Lloyd is out of the running (RIP, ouuuuch ow ow ow), this absolutely reeks of Geno, especially with how confident GameXplain pals have been about Geno lately.

Don't, that, hope, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom