• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Missing Mii Costumes:

Bandai-Namco
  • Lloyd
  • Heihachi
  • Gil
  • Hunter's Armour (MH)
  • Rathalos Set (MH)
Capcom
  • Megaman X
  • Megaman EXE
Square-Enix
  • Geno
  • Chocobo Hat
That's pretty much our list. I still find it weird that X/EXE didn't come with the Zero Mii costume.
MH is Capcom and not Bamco
On the point of the MM costumes, loading 4 of them at once would have bloated the set that came with Banjo unless they were a late removal due to post pass DLC +/- Sans

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So I just watched Gameexplain's RE spirits battles and they started with Jill. So, Jill, usually the go-to suggestion for a playable RE rep, is a novice support spirit.

That has to hurt.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Stop reminding me
It's also very stupid. She has major name recognition in the series, and they make her that spirit level? What garbage. Sometimes, Nintendo is on the ball and brilliant with fan desires, and other times they can be so tone-deaf and insultingly oblivious.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I have to say I'm kind of torn between wanting Llyod and not wanting Llyod to be number 5. Like @Serenade01 said a couple pages back (at least I think it was you sorry if I'm misremembering), if Lloyd is fighter 5 and there weren't initially plans for more DLC then that means that Llyod was chosen to be the only promotion and the only character to make it into DLC that has had some kind of representation before in Smash. That does kind of hurt. I do think that more DLC post pass was always more of a possibility than not and maybe if Lloyd is fighter 5 then that's how they looked at it. And it would be a thank you to fans as Lloyd does have a big following but I could also see it as very frustrating for the fans of characters who weren't the one character that got promotion priority. I guess that is a little petty because we are getting more DLC and this game is amazing and all the characters are so fun but I can't help but have that negative kind of mindset as well.

At the same time tho, if Llyod is fighter 5 it would really open up the possibilities for post pass DLC and that's what I want: I want confirmation that promotions can happen in Smash DLC. So from this perspective, I welcome Llyod or any other promotion as FP5 or post pass.

Llyod himself holds no importance to me other than that he symbolizes these 2 disparate concepts. I guess the second point is of far more importance to me though since we are getting more DLC. If we get confirmation of promotions in FP5 that would actually be best case scenario for us. So while there are plenty of characters that would be super fun that have had no prior representation in Smash (although several of the really fun ones have been disconfirmed for FP5), and despite the fact that Llyod really doesn't do anything to excite me and it would kind of irritate me that he's the only character in the FP with previous representation, I guess I really am kind of hoping for him because it would bode well for the kind of picks I would like to see post pass. Still...now that Monokuma or however you spell it has been described as a sadistic Looney tune with robots and a little gavel I can't imagine wanting anything else except maybe Layton for FP5 out of all possible remaining unrepresented characters I can think of.

D

Deleted member

MH is Capcom and not Bamco
On the point of the MM costumes, loading 4 of them at once would have bloated the set that came with Banjo unless they were a late removal due to post pass DLC +/- Sans
Ah sorry, didn't notice that. It's fixed now.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
and in oddly smug and almost insulting ways
Smug and insulting? My guy, there's an inside joke among insiders that characters like Reimu, Tracer, Shantae, 2B, and Kos-Mos are "Weeaboo Waifu Trash Tier" and regular comments made against people that support them.
Gonna be the devil advocate, and say while (if what Fatman says it's ture) then while the insiders are in wrong, I can't say I'm surprised or upset

Knowing how extremely hostile and aggressive people can get at insiders (even people who aren't insiders) over tempted expections

(Looking at what happened to Vergben and the Grinch Leak, and how hostile this thread gets everytime GameXplain says littearly anything)

I can understand how hostile and ingored they are by us, and by accession, the characters

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
is a novice support spirit.
Stop reminding me
It's also very stupid. She has major name recognition in the series, and they make her that spirit level? What garbage. Sometimes, Nintendo is on the ball and brilliant with fan desires, and other times they can be so tone-deaf and insultingly oblivious.
Is the Spirit Power level really matter? It's only a gameplay educator to explain how easy or how the battle is

The game isn't saying the character itself is a novice

EDIT: Infact, dosn't it make sense that's she's a novice? Since she's only a human with a gun?

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Good morning lads (and lasses)! So, earlier this morning I went to check Nintendo's Cyber Deals, and thought of checking if A Hat in Time was on discount. However, scrolling down on the page, I noticed a curious Hat Kid render.

Looking at it, I'm like "huh, that's a really polished model in comparison to the in-game one". I don't recall seeing this render anywhere else either besides the game page on Nintendo's site. Also, I don't think there's a physical Hat Kid amiibo out yet, right?

Hmm... the render almost looks SSBU-character-select-screen-quality. Not to imply anything but... dunno, perhaps this render could be kept an eye on.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Good morning lads (and lasses)! So, earlier this morning I went to check Nintendo's Cyber Deals, and thought of checking if A Hat in Time was on discount. However, scrolling down on the page, I noticed a curious Hat Kid render.

Looking at it, I'm like "huh, that's a really polished model in comparison to the in-game one". I don't recall seeing this render anywhere else either besides the game page on Nintendo's site. Also, I don't think there's a physical Hat Kid amiibo out yet, right?

Hmm... the render almost looks SSBU-character-select-screen-quality. Not to imply anything but... dunno, perhaps this render could be kept an eye on.
It was in one of the trailers for announcement of co op

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
Hey guys, extremely long time lurker here (I've frequented this thread since the Grinch Leak was brand new.)
I've gotten all my previously longest standing requests (Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo) in this game so far and am basically satisfied with anything they would add at this point.
However, the other characters being in has moved Geno to not only the top of the list of characters I want (alongside Phoenix Wright and Monokuma), but he's also the character that's currently the most glaring ommission to the roster in my opinion. And with the costume not returning so far I feel like it's finally time he made his return.
Anyways, I might continue my usual lurking from here, but wanted to make my support known! Best of luck, everyone!

[EDIT] Seeing all usernames I've come to be familiar with over this last year and then some like this post made me smile.

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Is the Spirit Power level really matter? It's only a gameplay educator to explain how easy or how the battle is

The game isn't saying the character itself is a novice
Dan Hibiki is a Novice spirit. It does kind of matter because it's basically saying that Jill isn't that important.
EDIT: Infact, dosn't it make sense that's she's a novice? Since she's only a human with a gun?
hrngh... boss...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Missing Mii Costumes:

Bandai-Namco
  • Lloyd
  • Heihachi
  • Gil
Capcom
  • Megaman X
  • Megaman EXE
  • Hunter's Armour (MH)
  • Rathalos Set (MH)
Square-Enix
  • Geno
  • Chocobo Hat
That's pretty much our list. I still find it weird that X/EXE didn't come with the Zero Mii costume.
I think the fact that X and EXE didn't come back along with Zero and Proto Man just makes the "Power of 6" theory more credible.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
So uh, what were all these deconfirmations I've been hearing about? Saw Sabi mention "the snap of November 2019" and am interested in what that was

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well folks we have reached the final 100 pages before we've crossed the last benchmark a character thread can. It seemed like a fantasy at first but at this rate were going to pull it off by the end of the year. At this point the only thing that could stop us is a vga reveal and I doubt anyone would really be miffed by that scenario. So let the countdown begin.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So uh, what were all these deconfirmations I've been hearing about? Saw Sabi mention "the snap of November 2019" and am interested in what that was
Sabi and Verge have both come out and deconfirmed Geno, Doom Slayer, Crash, Hayabusa, Scorpion, Tracer, and other characters for FP5. Not to say they're deconfirmed, but they're certainly not FP5. According to Fatman Lloyd, Nightmare, and Sol seem to be the front runners for FP5 if not a curveball.

Edit: Oh and a Resident Evil just got Spirits within a update so Jill and Kennedy are out.

Last edited:

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice

It looks like a Smash render because they commissioned ArtsyOmni (Creator of the Rayman leak and Smashified) to make it.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Lloyd is predictable to US because of insiders. Ordinary people will be like "Oh crap, Lloyd? Wasn't he a popular pick?"
And not "Oh, it's Lloyd. Yeah, I saw that one coming."

Look at how many people were surprised by Banjo's reveal, despite eople like Shinobi leaking him beforehand.
Even outside of insiders, Heihachi got representation in the game, Geno got representation in the game, Monster Hunter got representation in the game, yet Lloyd hasn’t, not even a single Spirit. Literally anyone that notices that could then jump to the conclusion that he’s DLC, and thus the big final character would have been pretty easily predicted from day one, without any insider input.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I just hope they don't skimp on Lloyd's alternate costumes. I remember him having a couple good costumes in Symphonia. A dapper white suit, the obligatory swim trunks, and a pirate outfit.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Even outside of insiders, Heihachi got representation in the game, Geno got representation in the game, Monster Hunter got representation in the game, yet Lloyd hasn’t, not even a single Spirit. Literally anyone that notices that could then jump to the conclusion that he’s DLC, and thus the big final character would have been pretty easily predicted from day one, without any insider input.
That's why Yuri gets in instead :4pacman:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

It's not as if developers just create better render model when it comes to marketing of their games, that would be a silly thought of them doing.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So I'm browsing the Nintendo eShop deals, and there are some great ones!

Right now I'm torn between getting Okami, Resident Evil, and the Ace Attorney Collection.

For me, the best deal is probably Ace Attorney, as that deal seems like a much more acceptable price for someone who has never played any of the Ace Attorney games.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So I'm browsing the Nintendo eShop deals, and there are some great ones!

Right now I'm torn between getting Okami, Resident Evil, and the Ace Attorney Collection.

For me, the best deal is probably Ace Attorney, as that deal seems like a much more acceptable price for someone who has never played any of the Ace Attorney games.
Yeah, the AA is great, very nice entry point that I'd recommend for anyone new to the series with a Switch.

That said... UGH, OKAMI! My bias for Okami is huge. I'd highly recommend that game first, but I'm insanely biased when I say this. I love that game so incredibly much. It's really worth every dollar and beyond.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
What annoys me about dlc alt skins is that, they looked like they wanted to do it with Joker and Hero. But Banjo got none and Terry didn't even get some of his more obvious choices for alt skins. Makes me doubt Lloyd would get any alternative skins at all also.

D

Deleted member

I have an alternate topic to take our minds off of the more seemingly caustic issues. What sorts of desserts did you all partake in (if any) with your thanksgiving feast?
I made what could be considered "crustless pumpkin pie" (even though that's not really what I was aiming for) and it had the big suck. Wife enjoyed it, though.

All of these costumes are going to be upgraded, but not how you think. They will all be combined into one fighter. Thus, creating the ULTIMATE fighter!
I think it's funny how no one really recognizes Rathalos' armor as getting upgraded, I guess because he's a boss now. Then again, I said the same about Akira being an assist trophy and that low poly SOB came back either way.

I just want to talk for a second, if a franchise as big as Resident Evil could just get spirits out of the blue, that is a bit concerning for pretty much every franchise. In the past month we had Tetriminos, Pokemon Sword/Shield rep, and Resident Evil deconfirmed via spirits. If they keep up this trend, it's going to make speculation that more interesting and unpredictable.
I mean, our boy is already a spirit so what do we really have to lose from this?

View attachment 248649
One of his swords is orange, which is about as relevant as Joker's gloves are for his red colour
One of his swords can be orange. I don't know if those swords are his best weapons, but characters tend to bring their default to Smash (except Fire Emblem, of course) Joker has a lot of association with red, so it's just fortunate that red ended up on his body somewhere so that they could keep the trend going.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I mean, our boy is already a spirit so what do we really have to lose from this?
We have nothing to lose from this, but I think they mean the entirety of speculation has been made more interesting by the recent Spirit reveals, which I'd agree with.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
One of his swords can be orange. I don't know if those swords are his best weapons, but characters tend to bring their default to Smash (except Fire Emblem, of course) Joker has a lot of association with red, so it's just fortunate that red ended up on his body somewhere so that they could keep the trend going.
I'm pretty sure they are the Master Sword equivalent. Either way Sakurai did not select the characters based on what colours their sections were going to have on the Smash website.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The swords in that picture are SUPER important to the story. As xpnc xpnc has said, pretty much the Master Sword, but not quite?

Those swords are mementos of his parents, if memory serves.

EDIT: Ah perhaps I misread something. Anyway, here is some lore haha.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure they are the Master Sword equivalent. Either way Sakurai did not select the characters based on what colours their sections were going to have on the Smash website.
I mean, that's kind of the crux of color theory, that the colors were a conscious effort and therefore Sakurai did select the characters based on what color they'd end up being.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’m a little late to the draw but I’ll just say what I’m thankful for smash related:
I’m thankful for this thread, it’s a good hobby of mine that I can just go on and enjoy this wonderful community of nerds, most of my friends aren’t smash nerds like I am so this is great and I love this thread.
I’m thankful for Sakurais dedication and loyalty to this series and his fanbase as well of course

Droodle

Smash Lord
I mean, that's kind of the crux of color theory, that the colors were a conscious effort and therefore Sakurai did select the characters based on what color they'd end up being.
I always thought color theory was dumb because of that, I doubt Sakurai decided to check off a list of colors and then decided to include the characters because of that; rather then deciding the character first and then choosing the color that represents them the best.
But either way:
-The swords that Lloyd has are super important in the story, like people have already said.
-Bandai Namco is associated with orange, making literally every one of their characters viable for Fighter 5.

It's still a dumb theory though, even if character 5 comes with an orange background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom