• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

As man, was the Cacodemon leak confirmed fake? Bummer if it was :/
Nah, Sabi said the costumes weren't related to fighter 5 but never said it was outright fake.
Everyone promptly forgot the leak existed and now it's sitting in the lounge chair in the corner of the room, fiddling with the pop-out leg rest to keep itself amused.

Last edited by a moderator:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Hmm, you know what Jon, the man that apparently has very deep insider information just did in a video with 2 weeks until the VGAs?

He didn't name drop Geno or Lloyd and pushed the narrative of 'It could be anyone!'

Sounds like there really is only two paths to me: Lloyd Irving, or the next Joker pick!

STRAP IN, LADIES AND GENTS!
This literally means nothing. Jon kept going on Puyo Puyo being in Smash Bros. Just because a Jon did a thing doesn't mean he's using his insider info crap. Jeezums people.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Jon just basically hardcore attacked Spirit deconfirmists.

I bet Fatman will like this.
I mean, we're one DLC fighter from having been right. Anybody who genuinely argued Spirits deconfirm as a point of order did so in regards to the Fighter's Pass and not DLC to the end of time. It's the people who have decided, DLC Spirits confirm forever despite additional DLC being chosen at a later date that have always muddied the waters of the actual argument myself and many others made regarding the Fighter's Pass and Spirits.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hmm, you know what Jon, the man that apparently has very deep insider information just did in a video with 2 weeks until the VGAs?

He didn't name drop Geno or Lloyd and pushed the narrative of 'It could be anyone!'

Sounds like there really is only two paths to me: Lloyd Irving, or the next Joker pick!

Yeah, I found that to be a tad odd as well. All the names he listed, and he doesn't mention Geno, Lloyd or Freddy Fazbear. I'm thinkin' they're in! :ultpacman:
This literally means nothing. Jon kept going on Puyo Puyo being in Smash Bros. Just because a Jon did a thing doesn't mean he's using his insider info crap. Jeezums people.
He's just being hyperbolic, wynn. None of us actually believe that it's some sort of hint.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
*CRAZY THEORY MODE ACTIVATE, HUGE POST INCOMING*

Let me introduce you to something I call...

The WAH theory...

Hear me out, i'm gonna say this before Fighter 5 gets leaked and i'm totally wrong...

Fighter 5 might actually be ****ing WALUIGI.

https://twitter.com/NanaKarobi/status/1200208052479315968

*People have told me that this account is a sabi alt or related to him in someway but I can't find anything to confirm that*

*EDIT: Sabi has confirmed this is NOT his alt*

This is the Paragon leak. It came right before E3 and was one of the few leaks to guess LUMINARY over Erdrick. Luminary is key here because we know for a fact that the Dragon Quest character was never going to be just Erdrick alone. Now, it's possible that Erdrick may have been planned to be the default costume at one point, but the fact that Luminary existed from the get-go, the fact that he represents DQ XI over just DQ in general, and the fact that he would be arguably more relevant overseas compared to Erdrick, contributing to a more worldwide appeal, even if mainly aimed towards Japan makes me think he was probably always destined to be the default.

Now obviously the big fly in the soup here is Frisk instead of Terry, but I have talked with Paragon about this and I distinctly remember him saying (even during late E3 season when this leak was a hot topic) that Frisk is more of a general prediction towards Undertale content. And basically, Paragon assumed a fighter due to the music existing because no Mii Fighters had ever come with songs before. AND, his prediction of not Sans did end up true, to be fair. The whole thing is summarized really well here, with Paragon correcting some of my misinterpretations.

Now, Paragon says he agrees with Fatmanonice here in that Waluigi is not Fighter 5. (Fatman himself doesn't comment on Waluigi understandably, because of the prospect of death threats similar to the ones Paragon received, but he has said on Discord before that he believes FP 5 likely isn't a first party character, which is a category that Waluigi undoubtedly falls under)

This is where Imran Khan comes in. If you guys don't know he's basically a resetera dude from GameInformer and has an extremely credible track record. He was one of those "big guys" who went seriously against the Grinch leak. Think of it like this, in terms of where he stands in credibility, call him Shinobi's Echo Fighter.

If you watch Imran's reaction to the Sept. 4th Direct from a backup of his livestream that day, he clearly knows about the extra fighters, and then goes onto claim that Nintendo made the decision to do extra Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC around E3 time. What's worth nothing is Paragon heard Waluigi AS EARLY AS FEBRUARY, and he heard that he was "last".

At one point, the Final Fighter's Pass character was going to be the last new Smash character for a LONG time, and most people assume that the next game will be a reboot, making the prospect of new characters slim. Waluigi is obviously not in line with ending on a character like Incineroar or Bayonetta, but that's not to say he wouldn't be a controversial ending to many people, that's pretty hard to deny. In that sense, I think he makes perfect sense as the "ultimate ending, the ultimate troll, the ultimate whateveryouwannasay". I can see at one point that this would be the character that Sakurai would decide to basically end Smash Ultimate on.

And then to end this off, i'd like to conclude on going back to Jon's video posted today, where he went ALL in on Spirits and Assist Trophies not deconfirming anyone for DLC and specifically made points about fighter 5 potentially being someone like Rex and Pyra. Obviously Jon wouldn't flat out say who the character is in a GameXplain video, so this makes me think this is a cover up for a different character. Notice how Jon specifically didn't mention obvious candidates for upgrades like cough Geno or COUGHCOUGH Waluigi. I specifically don't think Rex is DLC 5 (even if he still could be post pass) because of this statement:

Keep in mind, Jon made a similar stance on the Grinch leak, even went as far to bet he would have to sit in a wet puddle for a long time if the Grinch was real. He sounds really confident in this and I doubt he'd go all in on this like he is if he was to be proven wrong and the rest of DLC would just be third party characters with no Assist Trophies/Spirits upgraded.

And with that, I think my stance here is concluded. I COMPLETELY realize that this may end up looking incredibly stupid when Lloyd or some other 3rd party we could have expected ends up being DLC 5, but I think it's still fun to speculate around the information we have now.

Feel free to look at this and laugh, say haha stupid theory this guy knows jack **** about what he's talking about. But like I said, it was still fun to form such a speculative theory that goes a long distance from what type of characters most people predict from FP 5. If you dislike Waluigi, please try not to attack me i'm not saying you have to like him or anything, i'm just forming a theory around him.

TLDR | Waluigi is Fighter 5, Geno very good shot for post pass

Consider this V1.1 of this post since there might be some edits I need to make later.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

This is the most hype I’ve ever been for a VGA show. I can’t wait to see what outcome plays out.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Waluigi being the fifth Fighters Pass character would be... brilliantly troll-y, to be honest.

For one, there's the constant undying fan rule that, once a character's an Assist Trophy, there's no hope for them until the next game. Waluigi's inclusion would basically be looking at that fan rule and going "TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME!", and in the process opening the doors for a whole bunch of characters. Isaac, Skull Kid, Midna, Krystal, Lyn, Alucard, Shovel Knight, Shadow, Knuckles, Spring Man... all those characters would be back in the running for future DLC.

For another thing, all the previous fighters seem to follow a specific pattern. All of them are third-party characters from franchises that are completely brand new to Smash, with no prior representation in previous games. So for the ultimate troll move, how about a character that completely defies all that?

Though you mentioned Waluigi being a controversial pick for Fighter 5... and that's definitely true, especially considering this Fighters Pass was originally gonna be it for DLC. But the announcement and knowledge that we're getting more DLC characters would likely soften that a bit.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

The WAH theory...

Hear me out, i'm gonna say this before Fighter 5 gets leaked and i'm totally wrong...

*People have told me that this account is a sabi alt or related to him in someway but I can't find anything to confirm that*

This is the Paragon leak. It came right before E3 and was one of the few leaks to guess LUMINARY over Erdrick. Luminary is key here because we know for a fact that the Dragon Quest character was never going to be just Erdrick alone. Now, it's possible that Erdrick may have been planned to be the default costume at one point, but the fact that Luminary existed from the get-go, the fact that he represents DQ XI over just DQ in general, and the fact that he would be arguably more relevant overseas compared to Erdrick, contributing to a more worldwide appeal, even if mainly aimed towards Japan makes me think he was probably always destined to be the default.

Now obviously the big fly in the soup here is Frisk instead of Terry, but I have talked with Paragon about this and I distinctly remember him saying (even during late E3 season when this leak was a hot topic) that Frisk is more of a general prediction towards Undertale content. And basically, Paragon assumed a fighter due to the music existing because no Mii Fighters had ever come with songs before. AND, his prediction of not Sans did end up true, to be fair. The whole thing is summarized really well here, with Paragon correcting some of my misinterpretations.

Now, Paragon says he agrees with Fatmanonice here in that Waluigi is not Fighter 5. (Fatman himself doesn't comment on Waluigi understandably, because of the prospect of death threats similar to the ones Paragon received, but he has said on Discord before that he believes FP 5 likely isn't a first party character, which is a category that Waluigi undoubtedly falls under)

This is where Imran Khan comes in. If you guys don't know he's basically a resetera dude from GameInformer and has an extremely credible track record. He was one of those "big guys" who went seriously against the Grinch leak. Think of it like this, in terms of where he stands in credibility, call him Shinobi's Echo Fighter.

If you watch Imran's reaction to the Sept. 4th Direct from a backup of his livestream that day, he clearly knows about the extra fighters, and then goes onto claim that Nintendo made the decision to do extra Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC around E3 time. What's worth nothing is Paragon heard Waluigi AS EARLY AS FEBRUARY, and he heard that he was "last".

At one point, the Final Fighter's Pass character was going to be the last new Smash character for a LONG time, and most people assume that the next game will be a reboot, making the prospect of new characters slim. Waluigi is obviously not in line with ending on a character like Incineroar or Bayonetta, but that's not to say he wouldn't be a controversial ending to many people, that's pretty hard to deny. In that sense, I think he makes perfect sense as the "ultimate ending, the ultimate troll, the ultimate whateveryouwannasay". I can see at one point that this would be the character that Sakurai would decide to basically end Smash Ultimate on.

And then to end this off, i'd like to conclude on going back to Jon's video posted today, where he went ALL in on Spirits and Assist Trophies not deconfirming anyone for DLC and specifically made points about fighter 5 potentially being someone like Rex and Pyra. Obviously Jon wouldn't flat out say who the character is in a GameXplain video, so this makes me think this is a cover up for a different character. Notice how Jon specifically didn't mention obvious candidates for upgrades like cough Geno or COUGHCOUGH Waluigi. I specifically don't think Rex is DLC 5 (even if he still could be post pass) because of this statement:

Keep in mind, Jon made a similar stance on the Grinch leak, even went as far to bet he would have to sit in a wet puddle for a long time if the Grinch was real. He sounds really confident in this and I doubt he'd go all in on this like he is if he was to be proven wrong and the rest of DLC would just be third party characters with no Assist Trophies/Spirits upgraded.

And with that, I think my stance here is concluded. I COMPLETELY realize that this may end up looking incredibly stupid when Lloyd or some other 3rd party we could have expected ends up being DLC 5, but I think it's still fun to speculate around the information we have now.

Feel free to look at this and laugh, say haha stupid theory this guy knows jack **** about what he's talking about. But like I said, it was still fun to form such a speculative theory that goes a long distance from what type of characters most people predict from FP 5. If you dislike Waluigi, please try not to attack me i'm not saying you have to like him or anything, i'm just forming a theory around him.

Consider this V1.1 of this post since there might be some edits I need to make later.
I’m sorry, but the fact that the “leaker” himself, whom your entire theory seems to rest on, said that Waluigi is probably not FP5, that alone makes the theory completely fall apart.

Plus, aren’t you forgetting what Reggie said? Not only did he say “characters new to the series”, (which every single fighter so far has never been in a Smash game in any capacity) he specifically name dropped Waluigi when saying that they weren’t going to do any polls, and this was right after the DLC for wave 1 was decided.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If Waluigi was 5 it would be a great way to end the pass as it completely opens up the possibilities for the rest of the DLC.

Convoy

Smash Apprentice

The WAH theory...

If it turns out that FP5 was ****ing Waluigi this entire time, I will laugh my ass off.
"Expecting another anime swordsman? TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!"

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, someone may have mentioned this already, bu still, we are less than two weeks away from the Video Game Awards. Time flies, doesn't it?

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
A dual reveal wooould be nice, not gonna lie. It would just mean we get closer to our answer quicker.
(or the 2nd character revealed could just be Geno and we'd all have a merry feast in celebration.)

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
You know, someone may have mentioned this already, bu still, we are less than two weeks away from the Video Game Awards. Time flies, doesn't it?
Time flies? Not really, at least for me. The Game Awards, or whenever Fighter 5's reveal is, can't come fast enough.

I posted this as a joke before, but this is honestly how I feel waiting for Smash reveals (and fighting game reveals in general)...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There is no way that I could’ve known that. Because like you said, that was a private Discord.

My problem is, you claim to just be speculating. However, you then go on and share information that isn’t previously known to the public. (Not just the Starling, I also mean all of the names you have supposedly heard as well.)

The definition of “leak” is to “intentionally disclose secret information”. Even if you were given permission, you are still leaking information that only a private Discord has heard.

Therefore, I simply can’t view you as just a “speculator”.
What exactly do you want? Despite this being like the 4th or 5th time this has happened, I'm trying my damnedest this time not to get super angry because, once again, my character is being attacked by someone I've had like zero interactions with. When dozens of people jump to my defense every time this happens, maybe that should tell you something. Maybe it should tell you that I'm not some rat ******* stealing info and am actually going about this in an ethical manner. Maybe my grand total of zero law suits should tell you that what I present is thoughts and rumors instead of honest to god leaks. For whatever reason, this has massively bent you out of shape and instead of bouncing like most insiders, I'm taking the full brunt of it and trying to understand the motivation behind posts like this.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
What exactly do you want? Despite this being like the 4th or 5th time this has happened, I'm trying my damnedest this time not to get super angry because, once again, my character is being attacked by someone I've had like zero interactions with. When dozens of people jump to my defense every time this happens, maybe that should tell you something. Maybe it should tell you that I'm not some rat ******* stealing info and am actually going about this in an ethical manner. Maybe my grand total of zero law suits should tell you that what I present is thoughts and rumors instead of honest to god leaks. For whatever reason, this has massively bent you out of shape and instead of bouncing like most insiders, I'm taking the full brunt of it and trying to understand the motivation behind posts like this.
I never once attacked your character dude. All I’m saying is that I find it very odd that you claim to just be speculating, but then share names that may or may not actually be in the game in the future.

Also, do you understand the implications if Lloyd is announced at the VGAs?

If Lloyd is in fact FP5, you would’ve known about him since this time last year. And while other insiders and leakers have kept their mouths closed publicly about FP5, you have continued to say that it is most likely Lloyd based on insider talk.

If he gets in, people will realize that you were very likely the first insider to talk about his rumors publicly. And whether you like it or not, people from the outside looking in WILL assume that you are a leaker, no matter how many times you say you are just speculating.

Sorry to say, but thats how this community works most of the time.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
how the hell is this thread at 3 million views
Nostalgia and expecations. Go play SMRPG, if you haven´t. Nowhere near as an epic plot as it was back in the day, but it feels like a nice wholesome happy cartoon.

StormC

Smash Hero
Nostalgia and expecations. Go play SMRPG, if you haven´t. Nowhere near as an epic plot as it was back in the day, but it feels like a nice wholesome happy cartoon.
I've been playing SMRPG for the last 20 odd years, it's one of my all time favorite games. I just don't think I've ever seen a Smash speculation thread get this much attention... except maybe the Smash 4 Ridley one.

Hopefully this ends up better than that one.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I just got back from stuffing my face with turkey with friends and I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too.

Now we can wait two weeks for Geno to drop. Celebrate Christmas early

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I've been playing SMRPG for the last 20 odd years, it's one of my all time favorite games. I just don't think I've ever seen a Smash speculation thread get this much attention... except maybe the Smash 4 Ridley one.

Hopefully this ends up better than that one.
Dunno how that one ended, but what could be better than actually getting geno as a playable character_? A remake or sequel?

StormC

Smash Hero
Dunno how that one ended, but what could be better than actually getting geno as a playable character_? A remake or sequel?
It got locked because it got toxic real fast after Ridley was fully deconfirmed in the 50 Facts Direct for Smash Wii U. It's the only other Smash thread I can remember generating this much buzz and discussion.

I think Geno still has good odds post-Pass regardless.

Zac's Realm

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7852-2717-2984
Just got back from gorging on Holiday Bird. Might as well extend my thanks to here, since despite only having been part of this thread for a miniscule amount of time, it's been a blast and I feel super welcome.

At any rate, it's crazy how close the VGAs are now. I doubt we'll see our puppet there, but i'll ride it out along with ya'll.

Lloyd, though, huh? I've never played Tales Of, but I've been going through and getting into the series from the DLC characters to kind of 'familiarize myself' with the characters so i can appreciate their inclusion more. I might have to try and pick up Symphonia sometime... helps that I have two friends who've been bugging me to play it for literal ages now, lol.

I also should play through Mario RPG again for the upteenth time.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

The WAH theory...

THAT... actually makes a lot of sense. Now, of course, tons of characters seemingly line up and make sense but never make it in but...

remember when Fatmanonice said there was ONE Assist Trophy that could be promoted? I'm sorry Isaac and Shadow fans, but Waluigi wins hands down. Listen, I don't even love Waluigi, but the outcry for his exclusion as a playable character was MASSIVE (whether that was more genuine or meme is irrelevant). And people like wynn can't even use the argument that Nintendo didn't hear because Nintendo literally said they heard. If ANY character would be promoted, it would be Waluigi.

Even if the theory above is bullocks, I have always legitimately thought Waluigi could be DLC. I'm not trying to meme or joke. Whether he is Fighter #5 (which would make a lot of sense) or post pass DLC, Waluigi would legitimately be a huge reveal for people. Again, how much of Waluigi's demand was meme fuel is up for debate, but like it or not he had the BIGGEST outcry bar none. Washington Post wrote an article about it for God's sake. Even though I do lean towards a 3rd party as Fighter #5, Waluigi would definitely make sense as the original final character for SSBU. And honestly, I wouldn't mind his inclusion one bit.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I gotta say, feels like this last week has been kind of rough. The whole thread has turned into Lloyd General and despite Fatman's insistence on Geno's likelihood post pass, something is starting to feel really off, and I think it's legitimately just Lloyd. I'm stuck on repeat when I say it, but you guys who would be happy to see Lloyd are really turning your backs on Geno because of the implication it would have. Sakurai intended to end the DLC on upgrading a costume... and it wasn't Geno. Even with the guarantee that we have more characters coming, it feels like a move like that just wouldn't bode well for Geno, period, and it bugs the piss out of me, not gonna lie.

If I've been especially snappy or disagreeable, that's the reason, because of what the slight possibility of Lloyd Irving as Fighter Pass #5 implies. This drought of information and this wholesale murder of speculation in the last few days has just been a lot to stomach and it's putting me into a mood where if Geno's in just let us know so I can stop having to pretend to care when a character gets announced and if he's never happening just put me out of my misery, again, so I can stop pretending to care about the others.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.
While I understand the bad mood, my fiancee called off our wedding with a text message two weeks ago on our three year anniversary and I'm not taking it out on others. If I can be nice despite that, this situation shouldn't be causing anyone to be nasty.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I never once attacked your character dude. All I’m saying is that I find it very odd that you claim to just be speculating, but then share names that may or may not actually be in the game in the future.

If Lloyd is in fact FP5, you would’ve known about him since this time last year. And while other insiders and leakers have kept their mouths closed publicly about FP5, you have continued to say that it is most likely Lloyd based on insider talk.

If he gets in, people will realize that you were very likely the first insider to talk about his rumors publicly. And whether you like it or not, people from the outside looking in WILL assume that you are a leaker, no matter how many times you say you are just speculating.

Well thats not fatmans fault now is it? If people dont want to try and understand fatmans postion and how he does things thats not his fault or his problem. So lay off the guy dude, hes trying to be patient with you .

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

The WAH theory...

In life there's consistancy with the rules of nature. Such as how gravity and time remains a constant in this ever changing world. How ice will melt given enough heat. Waluigi not being playable in Smash Bros is one of those constance in the rules of nature.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
While I understand the bad mood, my fiancee called off our wedding with a text message two weeks ago on our three year anniversary and I'm not taking it out on others. If I can be nice despite that, this situation shouldn't be causing anyone to be nasty.
Jesus Christ, dude/dudette.

You doin' alright?

Seriously, that's a big deal. You seem like you are recovering enough to just kinda throw it out there like it's no big deal, but if you ever need to just vent feel free to PM me man. Stuff like that can wreck a person.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
...And whether you like it or not, people from the outside looking in WILL assume that you are a leaker, no matter how many times you say you are just speculating.

I’m pretty sure Fatman has said on numerous occasions that he wouldn’t (and hasn’t as far as I can tell) care in the slightest because he approaches what he hears from the position of ‘speculator who happens to know some insiders’. I’m aware he’s said before that he has nothing personal at stake, but at the same time he’s ‘respecting’ the unique position he’s in by ensuring he doesn’t put things that would push him into actually leaking (and getting upstream sources into trouble as a result).

I get the feel that you want Fatman to act in line with how you expect a bona fide insider / ‘leaker’ to be, but from what I’ve seen here and elsewhere, the majority refer to Fatman’s comments as nothing to the extent of gospel. Perhaps you’re holding him to a higher expectation than his position allows for and thus you critique him according to your views (which seem to be a minority view)?

If people dont want to try and understand fatmans postion and how he does things thats not his fault or his problem.
On this point, that’s the sad reality of rapidly disseminating media nowadays. orz

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

You doin' alright?

Seriously, that's a big deal. You seem like you are recovering enough to just kinda throw it out there like it's no big deal, but if you ever need to just vent feel free to PM me man. Stuff like that can wreck a person.
Not trying to nip your support in the bud, just wanted to advise you to go ahead and reach out to Sigran rather than conversing about personal problems here.

The mods will just delete all of the posts. Glad to see we're all still caring individuals, though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Sabi talked about Lloyd being talked in private circles first but everyone forgot. He talked about it extensively almost a full year before I did. Note the time stamps:

https://smashboards.com/search/804676/?q=Lloyd&c[users]=PolarPanda&o=relevance

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

You doin' alright?

I'm okay for now, thanks. It's a complicated situation with a lot of moving pieces. This thread banded together to get me off suicide watch when it first happened, and it's gotten better. But it still bothers me to see people whining about how hard their situation is because Geno might not get into smash bros and how that explains bad behavior when I'm going through all this.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Well thats not fatmans fault now is it? If people dont want to try and understand fatmans postion and how he does things thats not his fault or his problem. So lay off the guy dude, hes trying to be patient with you .

I’m really trying to word everything as nice as I possibly can. But at the same time, that inconsistency is just really weird to me, and I’m just asking questions on why that is the case.

I’m pretty sure Fatman has said on numerous occasions that he wouldn’t (and hasn’t as far as I can tell) care in the slightest because he approaches what he hears from the position of ‘speculator who happens to know some insiders’. I’m aware he’s said before that he has nothing personal at stake, but at the same time he’s ‘respecting’ the unique position he’s in by ensuring he doesn’t put things that would push him into actually leaking (and getting upstream sources into trouble as a result).

I get the feel that you want Fatman to act in line with how you expect a bona fide insider / ‘leaker’ to be, but from what I’ve seen here and elsewhere, the majority refer to Fatman’s comments as nothing to the extent of gospel. Perhaps you’re holding him to a higher expectation than his position allows for and thus you critique him according to your views (which seem to be a minority view)?

On this point, that’s the sad reality of rapidly disseminating media nowadays. orz
Maybe it is just me, but in my view, there is no in between. Either you have inside information, or you don’t and are trying to speculate like the rest of us. That is how I view it.

Griselda

Smash Lord
..And this is my cue to leave the site for a while again. Maybe Geno will be in by the time I come back.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I’m really trying to word everything as nice as I possibly can. But at the same time, that inconsistency is just really weird to me, and I’m just asking questions on why that is the case.

Maybe it is just me, but in my view, there is no in between. Either you have inside information, or you don’t and are trying to speculate like the rest of us. That is how I view it.
Look, he's basically just stating his opinion based on insider information. He's not saying "it's this character", he's saying "I think it could be this character". Yes he's presenting new information, but he's not making definitive statements on it. He's speculating on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom