• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Honestly I’m gonna call Agumon as #5 and Lloyd post pass
This is basically where I am right now, except I’m 50/50 on Agumon or a Dark Souls rep. Lloyd makes complete sense as a post-pass Mii Costume upgrade along with Geno.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kinda bummed Dante isn't fighter #5 Devil May Cry looks awesome and he would have been a great way to end it But there is still hope for the future. For him to be a future fighter.

Still have no idea who it is but this is all going to be interesting.

Hopefully we find out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Well, with all the cool picks being "deconfirmed" (imo), I guess I'll settle down and wait for Fighter 5 to breeze by. All I can hope is that they're at the very least fun, like Terry or Joker. Whoever or whatever ends up being FP 5.

D

Deleted member

Freddi Fish from Humongous Entertainment her and her friend Luther would use things like magnifying glasses, and flowers and other things they find in their games to fight.

Or maybe Lucky from Lucky's Tale.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
My money’s on Dig Dug. Or, sorry, Taizo Hori
Dig dug is easily the next old-school namco character I would like. Thanks to my dad dig dug is a very special game to me and as long as it was implemented well I certainly wouldn't complain.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Freddi Fish from Humongous Entertainment her and her friend Luther would use things like magnifying glasses, and flowers and other things they find in their games to fight.

Or maybe Lucky from Lucky's Tale.
... don't know what brought this topic about, but if we're talking Humongous Entertainment characters for Smash...

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Would love to see this guy in Smash. Dig Dug is one of my favorite classic Namco arcade games.
Mine too! And correct me if I’m wrong, after Pac-Man and Galaga, Dig-Dug is like the next most iconic classic Namco arcade game right? And tbh I feel like, aside from possibly Tekken, Namco’s most iconic stuff in general is their old arcade games. Plus Dig-Dug actually has LESS representation in Ultimate than there was in 4 (Pookas showed up in Smash Run)

I guess what I’m trying to say is
He's in. It's his time!
Thank you, I’m saying that.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Something that seemingly continues to show up every now and then in my general social circles online is that the final character to close things out are expected to be a Xenoblade character, or a Fire Emblem character. Frankly, I doubt either one, considering what patterns the previous four seem to follow (in particular, as outlined by our very out fatman on the rocks), but I have to wonder if there's really any precedent for their supposed appearance.

I suppose it's just as likely as all the others that seem to circulate around the speculation scene, but as far as #5 goes, how do you guys feel about the chances that the character may be related to either of those two properties?

Bearing in mind that this would be the initial 'closer' of the pass before they greenlit additional entrants, what would that mean for a Nintendo-suggested Sakurai pick to cross the finish line with?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Amateurs. You're all ignoring the obvious lock in.
My boy Putt-Putt the car.
Putt-Putt_&_Pep.png

Edit:

Convoy Convoy You little ninja. Dammit lmao

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Kinda late with my response to this awhile back but.....

I have a hard time believing it's Agumon or w/e from the Digimon series.

Digimon started out as a tamagatchi style keychain pet originally years ago(....and I had 2 of em...the originals not any of the later versions. I feel so damn old...). While I'm sure most know this at this point, i feel it should be mentioned again since we're not quite sure if sakurai would consider those "video games", but I have a feeling he might not.

I know folks might bring up rob(or GW...) but I feel those are special cases since they're properties owned by nintendo itself.

Of course sakurai has pulled some crazy surprises before so who knows. And maybe Namco wants this rep as it'd be a funny joke due to digimon turning into the main pkmn rival in the 90s/early 2000s. But I just feel like namco would want a bigger name rep for their second character.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Something that seemingly continues to show up every now and then in my general social circles online is that the final character to close things out are expected to be a Xenoblade character, or a Fire Emblem character. Frankly, I doubt either one, considering what patterns the previous four seem to follow (in particular, as outlined by our very out fatman on the rocks), but I have to wonder if there's really any precedent for their supposed appearance.

I suppose it's just as likely as all the others that seem to circulate around the speculation scene, but as far as #5 goes, how do you guys feel about the chances that the character may be related to either of those two properties?

Bearing in mind that this would be the initial 'closer' of the pass before they greenlit additional entrants, what would that mean for a Nintendo-suggested Sakurai pick to cross the finish line with?
No. More.Fire Emblem. Characters. Seriously, there´s like a dozen of those guys. One spellcaster and the rest are sword people.
Dunno about Xenoblade but I thought that game was not that great and Rex is a pretty childish character.

I hope Sakurai pulls a different type of character after Fighter No.5

link2702

Smash Champion
So, Papa's is currently total chaos. How are things here?
eh? mind if I ask what's going on? I don't bother with the discords since I prefer to hang out here.

...Also I've not kept up in general as evident by the fact that when I checked today, it was around 7-8 pages after the last time I checked. I usually just skip to the last page to see if anything major has happened.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Aside from my bias against him, I really think this is why he might actually be leakbait/just a rumor. Just because he could bring a variety of weapons to the game doesn't change the fact that Devil May Cry is a game about comboing the **** out of a variety of otherworldly enemies, and Bayonetta simply claimed that spot first.

Then again, it didn't stop Terry from happening, so it's a weak reason.
This is like saying Geno shouldn't get in because we have Mega Man and he claimed the spot for blue non-human character that shoots projectiles. Like, jesus man. Dante's a modern icon people would love to see in the game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, should we expect two reveals at the Game Awards, by the way? One for Fighter Pass Character 5 and the other for after the Fighters Pass? Just wondering.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

DeputyDalmatian

Smash Cadet
So I’ve noticed a few folks mentioning the idea of having Agumon as a potential Bamco rep. While an avid Digimon fan myself, I can’t help but wonder if that’s not dissimilar from Goku? Digimon was an anime/virtual pet long before a video game. Do people really think he has a shot?

DeputyDalmatian

Smash Cadet
And suddenly, a Boshi avatar that isn't me. What gives? :yoshi:
Haha I just joined the boards this morning! It’s my first foray into an online community and I felt unoriginal choosing Geno, figured Bisho was a safe bet. Happy to meet another fan

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Kinda late with my response to this awhile back but.....

I have a hard time believing it's Agumon or w/e from the Digimon series.

Digimon started out as a tamagatchi style keychain pet originally years ago(....and I had 2 of em...the originals not any of the later versions. I feel so damn old...). While I'm sure most know this at this point, i feel it should be mentioned again since we're not quite sure if sakurai would consider those "video games", but I have a feeling he might not.

I know folks might bring up rob(or GW...) but I feel those are special cases since they're properties owned by nintendo itself.

Of course sakurai has pulled some crazy surprises before so who knows. And maybe Namco wants this rep as it'd be a funny joke due to digimon turning into the main pkmn rival in the 90s/early 2000s. But I just feel like namco would want a bigger name rep for their second character.
I think he could make an exception honestly. Its still a digital game. Kinda like a proto-nintendogs
My god that came out of nowhere

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Haha I just joined the boards this morning! It’s my first foray into an online community and I felt unoriginal choosing Geno, figured Bisho was a safe bet. Happy to meet another fan
No worries. Why don't you click on that Boshi icon in my signature and see where it takes you *shillshill* :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom