• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Couple of things to note...

1. The Resident Evil Spirit event just dropping like that was a COMPLETE outta left field move by Nintendo, and makes me lose faith in that franchise getting a rep in the near future (but at least it got acknowledge in some way, so ay that's cool I guess (?)).

2. This of course, boosts other Capcom reps' chances considerably as their biggest competitor is out of the equation, and I wager we'll be seeing one of them sooner or later. Not as fighter 5, though.

3. He probably wouldn't be my first pick, but my money's on Dante as their next. When your developer makes a statement that his character won't be joining Smash unless his games (which have never show their faces on a Nintendo console before, might I add) get released on the Switch, only for the first three games to do just that in the following months... yeah, that raises some suspicion to say the least.

4. Oh yeah, and speaking of him, after reading some of the messages here. I just had to make this edit. I'm a sucker for dumb memes like this :ultpacman:

smash ultimate cover.jpg

ayy even geno is there

Geez, these were quite the few hours I missed.

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
"I have one final announcement for the day. Please, take a look."

. . .

*screen fades to black, gg, fighter 5 lost their envelope. see you next time*

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If Dante gets in, I will print out a sticker of the "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series" and stick it onto my copy.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros Ultimate Turbo 64 Melee Brawl for 3DS for Wii U featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series and Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, featuring new Funky Mode Mania & Knuckles

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Don't you guys get it? The constant clues. Weeding out false evidence. Eyewitnesses flipping on their stance. Knocking out suspects. This was all one big ARG for Wright. Why didn't I see this before.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So, from today’s nonsense, we’ve learned

1. Character 5 is not Dante, which we pretty much knew since Fatman’s reasoning for 5 not being from Capcom is pretty sound

2. Character 5 is not from Resident Evil, another Capcom title, so see above

So what this means is that after all this excitement we are still no closer to finding out who character 5 is...

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm more inclined to agree that Capcom is more likely for the next season of DLC given the Spirits of the RE cast. I'm still more likely to lean towards Level 5's Professor Layton or a Bandai Namco rep for Fighter 5.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
So, from today’s nonsense, we’ve learned

1. Character 5 is not Dante, which we pretty much knew since Fatman’s reasoning for 5 not being from Capcom is pretty sound

2. Character 5 is not from Resident Evil, another Capcom title, so see above

So what this means is that after all this excitement we are still no closer to finding out who character 5 is...
Yeah, another crazy day of speculation came and went and we still have no freaking clue who fighter 5 is...

Just how I like it.

Convoy

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Turbo 64 Melee Brawl for 3DS for Wii U featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series and Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, featuring new Funky Mode Mania & Knuckles
New! Super Ultra Hyper Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Generations DX Battle Turbo HD Mix for Wii U and 3DS 3CD and Knuckles and Knuckles featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue featuring New Funky Mode As Shadow 64: Legend of The Seven Stars

T2by4

Smash Lord

Fatman just said he thinks Lloyd is DLC 5 ... O.o
None of those other characters feel right. I'm going on the Lloydtrain. About time too, I feel like the fanbase for them died for smash a while back. Seeing him get in and igniting the fanbase back would be a beautiful thing. I hope they have a wonderful christmas coming their way and that us genochads get an amazing way to start 2020.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well, that was exactly what I needed to hear to move back over. Lloyd for #5 it is!

Also glad he named dropped nightmare and sol because they were the two missing 3rd party pieces to figuring out out what's in the box on the list. Funny how naz's sig characters keep showing up in discussion ;)

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
These spirits are easily the most disappointing deconfirmation of Ultimate in my mind. Resident Evil was just a huge series with a lot of appeal and it felt destined for greater things in the Smash world (I'm not counting base game Spirits here mind you, because otherwise it would be Geno... but a Spirit event for a specific third party franchise post base game? That feels like a kill shot for sure).

D

Deleted member

I thought Dark Souls would be cooler, but hey, Lloyd is fan service and would be the first DLC character who went into a costume upgraded into a playable character which is good news for Geno.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't word going around that we may get a bamco rep in the next pass as well? I thought the whole situation was that we were getting another bamco character and then lloyd in the next pass.

T2by4

Smash Lord
These spirits are easily the most disappointing deconfirmation of Ultimate in my mind. Resident Evil was just a huge series with a lot of appeal and it felt destined for greater things in the Smash world (I'm not counting base game Spirits here mind you, because otherwise it would be Geno... but a Spirit event for a specific third party franchise post base game? That feels like a kill shot for sure).
I do think it's a bit crazy resident evil got represented at all. Just thinking about how many games are represented in this MASSIVE gift sakurai gave us. It's wild. I agree they deserved better, but it still feels insane we have this many games represented in this one.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
https://twitter.com/Taiba_Mllw/status/1199499842004955136/photo/1

Not sure if you all discussed this, but apparently Dante is disconfirmed probably for fighter pass 5 as well.

So for disconfirmed fighter pass 5 characters we have:
  • Doom Slayer
  • Geno
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Scorpion
  • Resident Evil
  • Dante
  • And Overwatch
  • And Pokemon Sword/Shield rep
Anyone else going to step up to the chopping block?

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
At this point the "deconfirmations" is just farcical and makes me doubt every leaker.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Lloydbros have been around since the Brawl days but if I had to pick one it'd be Nightmare
Yeah Lloyd seems the most likely to me but I’d be so down for Nightmare. Is Nightmare back to being Siegfried again in Soul Calibur 6? Because Smash usually represents series with the main , or at least most iconic character, which I guess in this case is Siegfried/Nightmare

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

Fatman just said he thinks Lloyd is DLC 5 ... O.o

Ya i can see lloyd being fighter 5. I would take him for 2 reasons. One he would be a mii upgrade. Something we hope geno is.
2 it would debunck the rule saying the dlc has to be from series never represented in smash

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom