• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Reasons I would like Dante in Smash:
Bayo vs Dante trailer.
Devil´s never cry.
Against it:
FEATURING DANTE memes

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So the jig is up for the capcom slot huh?, well first I would like to thank sabi for coming and putting out some smash info both unsolicited or piggybacking in any way. I know I've said quite a bit on the subject but this was all I was asking for. No drama, teases, or games just passing potential info as it floats his way and that's it, and it look like we finally got a real instance of that from her.

Second it looks like Dante is the capcom frontrunner? Not too surprised in my head it has always been between Phoenix and Dante, the former having the numbers but the letter having all those weird coincidences. Re and mh never felt likely for a number of reasons but I'll admit I was pulling for Phoenix so I let myself ignore the writing on the wall. The fact that the old games started getting ported just months after the infamous comment was pretty damning tbh, I mean what other game series has been getting ported anything like that so far? They've even been getting shoutouts from N for christ sake and 2 was in a flipping direct for no justifiable reason. That said I don't think it's 5 untill someone comes out and will call it as such largely for reasons fatman already outlined. I still think we're getting a curveball or at least namco.

I hope this means we might be getting the name of the namco rep on the list because unlike capcom I'm not split 2 ways on that one and I'm pretty sure it's a tales character. It would be cool to see if I was right since I was calling for that months before Lloyd become one of the main focuses of conversation.

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I still think it's most likely Lloyd if we get a namco rep. And I do think Namco is an inevitability, either for #5 or post pass.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
God I can't wait for the sticker meme to go viral again. I'd almost be willing to mod my box insert for it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Two things:

1.) Since Dante being talked about is public knowledge now, is there anything else you can say regarding talks about him (other than what you said the other day about Capcom being a recent talk and that you don't see one happening until E3)?

2.) NOT rushing you (seriously I am glad you're taking your time), but when is the estimated time of delivery for the big "why Geno has a great chance" text dump?

1) About Dante? Kind of covered it in the Capcom post but the big takeaways:

-Has been heard since slightly before E3 this year.

-Was one of the three characters we were strongly expecting for the VGAs after Terry was revealed but was accused of being leakbait by a very reliable source a few weeks ago.

-Is currently one of four "suspects" or a rando for the VGAs but has still has a notable amount of doubt tailing him.

2) By the VGAs.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Correct me if I'm mistaken -

Dante would be the first character in Smash that also appeared in Playstation Allstars...

Right?
I mean technically that was Donte aka DmC (the “reboot”) Dante so as far as I’m concerned he doesn’t count

Griselda

Smash Lord
Why do you think Geno's true form looks different in the opening and ending of SMRPG?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I wonder what Dante design Smash would choose. They have quite a few options after all.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know, I wonder what Dante design Smash would choose. They have quite a few options after all.
Hopefully NOT Donte.

fun fact Capcom sold the Donte model to some UK dentistry lmaoooo

D

Deleted member

Well, if Hero is any indication... all of them.

Me being the only one in this thread not hyped for Dante.
View attachment 248200
Nah, believe me, Dante is an underwhelming pick for me. The meme value is there so he's like a 3/10 instead of the solid 0/10 he'd be without that damn sticker.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hopefully NOT Donte.

fun fact Capcom sold the Donte model to some UK dentistry lmaoooo
Obviously, but that still leaves the designs from each of the mainline games. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they chose two of them through an extra costume.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
-Is currently one of four "suspects" or a rando for the VGAs but has still has a notable amount of doubt tailing him.
*four statues hidden in shadows*

*light shines on a single one, revealing Dante*

One of the characters of legend...

And also going by what that one source said, one who I’d bet money on being leakbait if they’re supposed to be character 5, especially with the previously discussed Capcom stuff in mind

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Dante is neutral to me. I know of him but never played his games. However, for a Capcom rep, I was hoping more for Phoenix Wright or Jill Valentine.

Zac's Realm

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7852-2717-2984
Weighing in on Dante with my unwarranted personal opinion, I'm pretty hyped by the possibility of it.

... Despite having never even TOUCHED any of the Devil May Cry series. He just has a sick design, and the whole gunslinger/sword/demon thing seems really cool. I've actually been wanting to get into the series, thinking of picking up the collection available on PSN, though I hear DMC 2 is complete garbage apparently?

At any rate, I'd gladly take him over any other Capcom rep, especially Resident Evil. Sorry if that's a hot take around these parts or something-

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Well, if Hero is any indication... all of them.

Nah, believe me, Dante is an underwhelming pick for me. The meme value is there so he's like a 3/10 instead of the solid 0/10 he'd be without that damn sticker.
It´s kind of a weak pick,but not less than the touhou gal.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
kill me.
i would rather watch Shark Tale then look at that image.
Or try to beat 50/20 again.
I have gotten close to beating 50/20, still haven't tho
wish me luck

D

Deleted member

It´s kind of a weak pick,but not less than the touhou gal.
I'm talking out of my ass when I theorize about Dante's moveset, as I have only watched gameplay of DMC, but he strikes me as Bayonetta but with a Sword. And sometimes a motorcycle. He's probably the most boring Capcom character they could throw in, barring another Street Fighter face. At least Reimu has a ton of unique moveset potential, and the collective freak out would be legendary - fans would go wild and the confusion from people who have never heard of the franchise would be tangible.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
In a perfect world Dante would have his design from the first four games.
DMC 1 with a purple design to represent Sparda
DMC 2 with a white color to represent Lucia
DMC 3 with a blue color to represent Vergil
DMC 4 with with a dark shade to represent Nero.

Though I feel like it's going to be a toss up between between 1, 3 and 5.

Or maybe they're go with DMC V, have color alts representing Virgil, Nero, V, Lady, and Trish then have DMC 1 and DMC 3 as alt costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom