• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
All of you are overlooking the true fifth fighters pass character, and that is Artie, the strongest man in the world
9hu1fnh1qq531.jpg

D

Deleted member

I'll say this: Whatever Sabi thinks about it, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice probably thinks the same. Sabi already said on Twitter that it doesn't exactly mean anything.
Sabi said the same when the dot lit up while everything was looking like we would still be waiting for Terry (No insiders were talking about a direct, the 7-11 ad excluded him).

Fatman is literally speculating though, he is not an insider. I like the guy, but sometimes you all just take his words too seriously; even he himself stated that fighter 5 may be a total curveball. Yes, he's in Sabi's discord; but even I doubt Sabi knows who character #5 is. Remember that when the Mii leak came out, Fatman was thinking Doom Slayer is character 5.
Fatman knows more than the average layperson and has confirmed as much in this thread. You're right that he doesn't have all the answers, but where our speculation is baseless, his has a bit more science behind it.

None of the legitimate insiders know who fighter 5 is, it may very well be Dark Souls; but it very well may not. As far as I know he has never actually deconfirmed Reimu or KOS-MOS either.
Sabi's source, at the very least, knows who #5 is and I think it's safe to say that as time goes by, more and more legitimate insiders do know who it is. As for Fatman's comments on Reimu and KOS-MOS, he's called both characters "/v/ is trying to will into existence". Given the things he knows, I'd say their chances are slim.

Also yes, it is important that the leaker specifically states Hero instead of Erdrick. You're telling me that this guy knows every character in the fighters pass back in March, but somehow doesn't know the specific name of character 2?
There's four characters in one character and each of them can be called Erdrick. It isn't important to know the specific name.

It's just like the KidChameleon "leak", except that happened all the way back in December. It is just a prediction list, but people here think it is way more credible than it actually is due to 4chan. I guess we should expect KOS-MOS as character 5 because some random person guessed all the other characters.
I don't want to be rude, but do you pay attention to the posts here? 4chan leaks are given infinitely less credibility because the majority of them are just honest to God ****posts and that's all. OffBi OffBi has people on his case all the time for blindly posting 4chan "leaks", especially the kind that are so obviously fake it hurts. There's no reason to discredit that there's a chance that one of these text posts with Banjo and Terry before Terry was revealed is right, and that does include Drunken Cat since it picked up traction as one of these Terry before Terry leakposts too. If Bamco had made a Hamtaro game, I'd be convinced there's a knowledge that they have a character and no one knew who.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
I'm 70/30 some days 80/20 on Geno these days honestly, but I'm terrified of Sora coming and shattering the dream. Its poetic how my least favorite character ever is a massive issue for my favorite character of all time.

But aside from my mouse-earred night terrors, I'm doing pretty good.

Most just unhype for anything that isn't Geno or Doomslayer, so I've set my expectations for 5 at a nonplussed all time low.

Geno and Doomslayer are the only characters left I care about, since Skull Kid and Issac are in snow globe hell.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think I can speak for Fatmanonice when I say blue youtube dot will never make it into Smash.
Oh really? I say he can be pretty fun:

Neutral B: New Video: Blue Youtube Dot will record himself doing a set of moves within 10 seconds. At any point in time, he can play the video and the set of actions will play. By holding the B button, BYD will stash away the video and create a new 10-second video.

Side B: Subscribe Button: Tied to Neutral B. Based on how much damage and how many moves he's done during these seconds, the subscribe button will increase in subscribers, and in turn, range and power. For example, if he performs 18 moves and deals a good 30% damage within that combo, he will gain 18 + half of the damage dealt in the video, meaning he will deal 33% damage and travel a good distance of about 50% the KOF Arena.

Up B: Likes: Also tied to Neutral B. BYD will propel himself upwards with a thumbs up. New Video will affect how much distance he covers. Likes are gained from how much damage he's dealt while Dislikes are gained by taking damage. If a video has too many Dislikes, his own recovery move can instead propel him downwards. If a video has a bunch of Likes, his vertical distance is immense.

Down B: Demonetization: A counter. If anyone attacks Blue Youtube Dot with this, he will not reflect the damage he could have taken. Instead, he will 'demonetize' the opponent, cutting off their ability to deal damage based on the strength of the attack. For example, if Roy's Flare Blade hits BYD during Demonetization, all of Roy's attacks will have no damage at all until an equivalent total of 50% damage has landed on all his opponents.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Oh really? I say he can be pretty fun:

Neutral B: New Video: Blue Youtube Dot will record himself doing a set of moves within 10 seconds. At any point in time, he can play the video and the set of actions will play. By holding the B button, BYD will stash away the video and create a new 10-second video.

Side B: Subscribe Button: Tied to Neutral B. Based on how much damage and how many moves he's done during these seconds, the subscribe button will increase in subscribers, and in turn, range and power. For example, if he performs 18 moves and deals a good 30% damage within that combo, he will gain 18 + half of the damage dealt in the video, meaning he will deal 33% damage and travel a good distance of about 50% the KOF Arena.

Up B: Likes: Also tied to Neutral B. BYD will propel himself upwards with a thumbs up. New Video will affect how much distance he covers. Likes are gained from how much damage he's dealt while Dislikes are gained by taking damage. If a video has too many Dislikes, his own recovery move can instead propel him downwards. If a video has a bunch of Likes, his vertical distance is immense.

Down B: Demonetization: A counter. If anyone attacks Blue Youtube Dot with this, he will not reflect the damage he could have taken. Instead, he will 'demonetize' the opponent, cutting off their ability to deal damage based on the strength of the attack. For example, if Roy's Flare Blade hits BYD during Demonetization, all of Roy's attacks will have no damage at all until an equivalent total of 50% damage has landed on all his opponents.

For the last time...quadrapalegic eyeless blue Kirby is already a SPIRIT.. :p

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Old Sonic design didn't support Geno for Smash. So he got changed. He understands now so new Sonic design supports Geno for Smash.

D

Deleted member

That’s what happens when old design Sonic eats a snickers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Sabi said the same when the dot lit up while everything was looking like we would still be waiting for Terry (No insiders were talking about a direct, the 7-11 ad excluded him).

Fatman knows more than the average layperson and has confirmed as much in this thread. You're right that he doesn't have all the answers, but where our speculation is baseless, his has a bit more science behind it.

Sabi's source, at the very least, knows who #5 is and I think it's safe to say that as time goes by, more and more legitimate insiders do know who it is. As for Fatman's comments on Reimu and KOS-MOS, he's called both characters "/v/ is trying to will into existence". Given the things he knows, I'd say their chances are slim.

There's four characters in one character and each of them can be called Erdrick. It isn't important to know the specific name.

I don't want to be rude, but do you pay attention to the posts here? 4chan leaks are given infinitely less credibility because the majority of them are just honest to God ****posts and that's all. OffBi OffBi has people on his case all the time for blindly posting 4chan "leaks", especially the kind that are so obviously fake it hurts. There's no reason to discredit that there's a chance that one of these text posts with Banjo and Terry before Terry was revealed is right, and that does include Drunken Cat since it picked up traction as one of these Terry before Terry leakposts too. If Bamco had made a Hamtaro game, I'd be convinced there's a knowledge that they have a character and no one knew who.
1) I was literally telling Fatman why I think the Mii leak is fake, this was before Sabi and Fatman started saying that yeah it is most likely fake, or at least not for character 5. This was when he was on the side of it being real, so if it goes to show anything it is that these insiders are definitely not infallible and a lot of their information does come in last minute. When he did change sides, he pretty much used the reasoning that I and many others used. It is most likely fake because Nintendo hasn't taken down the videos.

I'm not denying the guy has connections with insiders, but often times he has showcased that he isn't right. For example, he thought Brave couldn't be Hero due to the wonky datamined stats. Or the whole thing with the bird. If Reimu and KOS-MOS are truly deconfirmed and 100% not happening, Sabi would have no reason to not come out and say that yes they are not happening. Fatmanonice's words are definitely not definitive, and even he himself tells us to take his words with a grain of salt.

Any good speculation should have some good inferences here and there, that is how we get a good idea of who is coming in as DLC. Using speculation and logic, I was able to tell that we were most likely getting Erdrick and Banjo as a double drop on E3, a couple days beforehand. When the SNK logo leaked, it wasn't hard to tell that Terry would be the SNK rep. I was inferring that DLC 5 would be Bandai Namco ever since September and even through the Mii leak, and while FP 5 is not confirmed to be Bandai Namco; look at what the general consensus is.

I'm no insider, but that doesn't change the fact that I was pretty much able to guess which DLC's were coming ahead, just due to the rumours floating around in the internet.

2) Only 2 of those 4 characters go by the title of Erdrick, so yes Hero is a much better name for the character than Erdrick. If this leaker does know all the DLC characters beforehand, he should at least get the name of the 2nd character right. He didn't, and he used the most common name flying around the internet, indicating that this was just a prediction/

3) Yes, I don't doubt that certain 4chan posts are right; many of the posts that are right just happen to be text leaks. However, blindly believing a simple prediction list is a huge problem as it cuts out speculation for the 5th DLC character, and as you can see a ton of the people in this thread are blindly believing this. I don't doubt that there is one obscure 4chan post out there that has had the entirety of the DLC leaked back in December, but we won't know if its true until the 5th character is revealed, and that 4chan post does nothing to convince me it's real.

4) Maybe Fatman does know that DLC 5 is a Dark Souls rep, and isn't speaking up about it for that reason. Or maybe he doesn't know about Dark Souls as DLC 5, and feels like he has nothing to add about it. All I'm saying is that assuming the leak, which is most likely fake, is true, isn't good speculation.

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Is there anything to support Dark Souls outside of a random 4chan leak that was most likely lucky at guessing the first four characters?
There really isn't any leak per say, but I personally think Dark Souls makes the most sense. It's just speculation, just like everyone else but here's my reason as to why

Isn't the goal for the DLC to mostly bring in new groups of people to get introduced to Nintendo via Smash? If that's the case then I think a DS rep would bring in more outside non Smash fans. The JRPG fan base is more than catered to with Persona and Dragon Quest now getting represented. I don't really know if Lloyd would bring in new people, especially since his look is of a similar style to other characters in the game. Heihachi has a set of fans, but the FGC was appealed to by Terry. Not saying Terry and Heihachi have the same fans, but there's definitely some overlap. Dark Souls would be the character to grab in people in, who wouldn't care for Smash normally. It's different demographic and group, which is why, if the goal is to bring in new people, a Dark Souls rep would be the one to bring in the most new fans

Additionally, a Dark Souls is not a franchise repped in Smash yet. Both Lloyd and Heihachi have rubbed elbows with Smash already with being costumes. Note that the franchises in the pass so far have never been in Smash in any way, shape or form

Admittedly this isn't 100% set in stone, as I said, it's all mainly speculation. I could be completely wrong. It could be Lloyd, it could be Heihachi, it could be Kos Mos. Sakurai/Nintendo does whatever they feel. Maybe he doesn't care about a bunch of things I mentioned. But I don't know, I just think Dark Souls checks all the tick boxes in my eyes. New franchise completely unrepresented in Smash, would bring in a new group of people which is part of the DLC goals, and in general has a huge influence in gaming history

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Dark Souls would be a good fit for the VGA venue, I can certainly agree with that much. But do I think it's coming? Not really sure.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
In addition to being a new franchise to smash, it could fit with the new company theory since it would represent FromSoftware specifically.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1) I was literally telling Fatman why I think the Mii leak is fake, this was before Sabi and Fatman started saying that yeah it is most likely fake, or at least not for character 5. This was when he was on the side of it being real, so if it goes to show anything it is that these insiders are definitely not infallible and a lot of their information does come in last minute. When he did change sides, he pretty much used the reasoning that I and many others used. It is most likely fake because Nintendo hasn't taken down the videos.

I'm not denying the guy has connections with insiders, but often times he has showcased that he isn't right. For example, he thought Brave couldn't be Hero due to the wonky datamined stats. Or the whole thing with the bird. If Reimu and KOS-MOS are truly deconfirmed and 100% not happening, Sabi would have no reason to not come out and say that yes they are not happening. Fatmanonice's words are definitely not definitive, and even he himself tells us to take his words with a grain of salt.

Any good speculation should have some good inferences here and there, that is how we get a good idea of who is coming in as DLC. Using speculation and logic, I was able to tell that we were most likely getting Erdrick and Banjo as a double drop on E3, a couple days beforehand. When the SNK logo leaked, it wasn't hard to tell that Terry would be the SNK rep. I was inferring that DLC 5 would be Bandai Namco ever since September and even through the Mii leak, and while FP 5 is not confirmed to be Bandai Namco; look at what the general consensus is.

I'm no insider, but that doesn't change the fact that I was pretty much able to guess which DLC's were coming ahead, just due to the rumours floating around in the internet.

2) Only 2 of those 4 characters go by the title of Erdrick, so yes Hero is a much better name for the character than Erdrick. If this leaker does know all the DLC characters beforehand, he should at least get the name of the 2nd character right. He didn't, and he used the most common name flying around the internet, indicating that this was just a prediction/

3) Yes, I don't doubt that certain 4chan posts are right; many of the posts that are right just happen to be text leaks. However, blindly believing a simple prediction list is a huge problem as it cuts out speculation for the 5th DLC character, and as you can see a ton of the people in this thread are blindly believing this. I don't doubt that there is one obscure 4chan post out there that has had the entirety of the DLC leaked back in December, but we won't know if its true until the 5th character is revealed, and that 4chan post does nothing to convince me it's real.

4) Maybe Fatman does know that DLC 5 is a Dark Souls rep, and isn't speaking up about it for that reason. Or maybe he doesn't know about Dark Souls as DLC 5, and feels like he has nothing to add about it. All I'm saying is that assuming the leak, which is most likely fake, is true, isn't good speculation.
I feel like you're implying that I'm saying Fatman is infallible when I am not. I am very well aware that he's probably the lowest head on the totem pole when it comes to getting insider information, and I don't even believe that Sabi is right all the time, but when you get down to it, Fatman is very open with what he knows, to the point that, as with "the bird", it sometimes causes trouble. He's not hungry for attention and doesn't BS around and it's why I and probably others here put some weight on what he has to say. Regardless of if he's right all the time or how long he leaned towards the Mallowdemon leak being real or not, he has access to information that most of us do not and that means something whether or not you want to admit it.

Congratulations to you for being able to "figure out" the DLC fighters in the same method the rest of us have. I'm not blindly believing anything, and you're right, only hindsight proves a leak. I'm just saying that statistically speaking, a "leak" from literally over half a year ago has a higher probability of being right about fighter 5 when they list Terry ****ing Bogard as the 4th DLC fighter, than a "leak" from the day SNK's copyright got posted to Nintendo's website that claims Terry as the 4th DLC fighter. It's just as "good" speculation as any other theory, weak or strong, that's been tossed around in here.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I do really like the 4chan leaks as infinite monkeys with infinite typewriters comparison. It wouldn't shock me at all some point after we see Fighter 5's identity revealed to have a text post or two that shows all five of the fighters, and we'd still be none the wiser if that person had inside information or was just really lucky at guessing.

In regards to the one that lists KOS-MOS along with the other four, we've had other ones just like that every time there's been a reveal. Posts that got Joker, posts that got Joker and Hero/Erdrick, and even posts that got Joker, Hero and Banjo. Each is more unlikely than the last, and of course the next tier of unlikeliness is that they "guessed" four and were wrong about the fifth. It's improbable, but it's possible, as we've seen from the volume of previous entries.

Would I be horribly shocked if a post that had the first four characters right got the fifth one as well, and they really had some kind of inside information? No. Would I be stunned into disbelief if a post that had the first four characters had all been a lucky guess, and they were incorrect about the fifth? Not really.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Is there anything to support Dark Souls outside of a random 4chan leak that was most likely lucky at guessing the first four characters?
Well, NONE of the Namco Mii Costumes have returned, which gives a signal that a Namco character will be DLC. After that it's just speculation. It could be a Tales of character, it could be Heihachi, it could be Dark Souls. Dark Souls probably fits best with the VGA audience; as Dark Souls II got its initial reveal there.

Droodle

Smash Lord
There really isn't any leak per say, but I personally think Dark Souls makes the most sense. It's just speculation, just like everyone else but here's my reason as to why

Isn't the goal for the DLC to mostly bring in new groups of people to get introduced to Nintendo via Smash? If that's the case then I think a DS rep would bring in more outside non Smash fans. The JRPG fan base is more than catered to with Persona and Dragon Quest now getting represented. I don't really know if Lloyd would bring in new people, especially since his look is of a similar style to other characters in the game. Heihachi has a set of fans, but the FGC was appealed to by Terry. Not saying Terry and Heihachi have the same fans, but there's definitely some overlap. Dark Souls would be the character to grab in people in, who wouldn't care for Smash normally. It's different demographic and group, which is why, if the goal is to bring in new people, a Dark Souls rep would be the one to bring in the most new fans

Additionally, a Dark Souls is not a franchise repped in Smash yet. Both Lloyd and Heihachi have rubbed elbows with Smash already with being costumes. Note that the franchises in the pass so far have never been in Smash in any way, shape or form

Admittedly this isn't 100% set in stone, as I said, it's all mainly speculation. I could be completely wrong. It could be Lloyd, it could be Heihachi, it could be Kos Mos. Sakurai/Nintendo does whatever they feel. Maybe he doesn't care about a bunch of things I mentioned. But I don't know, I just think Dark Souls checks all the tick boxes in my eyes. New franchise completely unrepresented in Smash, would bring in a new group of people which is part of the DLC goals, and in general has a huge influence in gaming history
I get what you're saying about a Dark Souls character, but so far I will have to say they haven't really lived up to the whole "DLC brings in new demographics to Smash" argument.

1. Joker: Popular JRPG character. A genre that is already widely present in Smash, with Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, and Final Fantasy all being JRPG's. You could say Persona 5 differentiates itself by being more based around Social Links, but Fire Emblem has shifted deep into that style already.
2. Hero: Popular JRPG character. See above, but at the very least Dragon Quest is VERY ICONIC in Japan, so it makes sense.
3. Banjo-Kazooie: 3D Platformer, and a widely requested character. Doesn't really bring a new demographic to Smash at all, as fans of B-K likely already have Smash.
4. Terry: 2-D Fighter. Not as widely in Smash as JRPG characters, but Ryu and Ken are some of the most iconic 2D fighters. So if 2-D fighting game fans really want to play Smash, they already have Ryu/Ken. The only fanbase he brings in is fans of SNK fighters.

And now Dark Souls: ARPG character: Not that widely present in Smash. Dark Souls is very popular, but more for gameplay rather than characters. Would definitely bring a new demographic.
Tales (in comparison): ARPG character. Not widely present in Smash. Tales is decenty known, and a lot of people want to see Lloyd in. Would bring a new demographic, but probably not as massive as Dark Souls.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I get what you're saying about a Dark Souls character, but so far I will have to say they haven't really lived up to the whole "DLC brings in new demographics to Smash" argument.

1. Joker: Popular JRPG character. A genre that is already widely present in Smash, with Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, and Final Fantasy all being JRPG's. You could say Persona 5 differentiates itself by being more based around Social Links, but Fire Emblem has shifted deep into that style already.
2. Hero: Popular JRPG character. See above, but at the very least Dragon Quest is VERY ICONIC in Japan, so it makes sense.
3. Banjo-Kazooie: 3D Platformer, and a widely requested character. Doesn't really bring a new demographic to Smash at all, as fans of B-K likely already have Smash.
4. Terry: 2-D Fighter. Not as widely in Smash as JRPG characters, but Ryu and Ken are some of the most iconic 2D fighters. So if 2-D fighting game fans really want to play Smash, they already have Ryu/Ken. The only fanbase he brings in is fans of SNK fighters.

And now Dark Souls: ARPG character: Not that widely present in Smash. Dark Souls is very popular, but more for gameplay rather than characters. Would definitely bring a new demographic.
Tales (in comparison): ARPG character. Not widely present in Smash. Tales is decenty known, and a lot of people want to see Lloyd in. Would bring a new demographic, but probably not as massive as Dark Souls.
I think it's important to remember though, Persona 5 is a PlayStation exclusive. That factor does change some things. People who are PlayStation owners exclusively that played through 5, probably likely considered buying Smash just to play as Joker. So yeah it appeals to the JRPG group, but it also appeals to PlayStation owners in a way

Banjo is an outlier, I don't disagree on that

I can get what you mean with the FGC, but remember Terry is also catered to Latin America as well as other countries where Fatal Fury/KoF is big

Aside from Banjo, the Pass is definitely aiming at non Nintendo fans. We've seen some people dissapointed with the lack of first party to prove this, and the 3rd parties we are getting aren't even of the typical Nintendo flair like Simon or Mega Man are

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hmmm, one franchise that kind of popped in mind that maybe fits what fatmanonice said (if I remember it correctly) is Contra. It's a series that definitely has flied under alot of Smash fans noses and isn't really brought up in alot of discussions, and it's a series that wouldn't really be THAT hype for the overall smash fanbase I don't think and would probably not be the most exciting way to end the pass but would probably make a number of people happy. I don't know if Sakurai cares about Contra though; isn't FP5 supposed to be something Sakurai would care about? (I actually am kinda of fuzzy on FMOI's detail or hints if that isn't obvious)

Regardless of the above or if I'm off on some details when it comes to what FMOI described, I do feel Contra is definitely slept on. It was a series that started out with Nintendo much like other third parties (seriously people, ryu Hayubasa is NOT the last NES icon!), it has had dozens of games throughout the years on various different platforms, and Contra isn't even dead, with the Contra anniversary collection being released on multiple platforms and that new Contra game being released on Switch. Hell Konami has clearly been aboard the Ultimate train with how much it brought back and added to Smash Ultimate's base game, so who's to say there isn't more down the pipeline from them for DLC?

I'm not saying Contra is "likely" or anything, but I could actually maybe see it making it into Smash Ultimate...possibly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmmm, one franchise that kind of popped in mind that maybe fits what fatmanonice said (if I remember it correctly) is Contra. It's a series that definitely has flied under alot of Smash fans noses and isn't really brought up in alot of discussions, and it's a series that wouldn't really be THAT hypem I don't think and would probably not be the most exciting way to end the pass but would probably make a number of people happy. I don't know if Sakurai cares about Contra though; isn't FP5 supposed to be something Sakurai would care about? (I actually am kinda of fuzzy on FMOI's detail or hints if that isn't obvious)

Regardless of the above or if I'm off on some details when it comes to what FMOI described, I do feel Contra is definitely slept on. It was a series that started out with Nintendo much like other third parties (seriously people, ryu Hayubasa is NOT the last NES icon!), it has had dozens of games throughout the years on various different platforms, and Contra isn't even dead, with the Contra anniversary collection being released on multiple platforms and that new Contra game being released on Switch. Hell Konami has clearly been aboard the Ultimate train with how much it brought back and added to Smash Ultimate's base game, so who's to say there isn't more down the pipeline from them for DLC?

I'm not saying Contra is "likely" or anything, but I could actually maybe see it making it into Smash Ultimate...possibly.
I feel like the Goemon mii costume confirms that there won't be another Konami rep in this pass, maybe not even at all. That costume in particular really makes me question the "6 mii costumes" theory, but that's neither here nor there. Goemon is one of the last remaining Konami characters I would think has a viable moveset, and even he got costume'd. I know someone brought up that Sakurai liked bullet hells, but Contra really isn't one of those, it's just a run-n-gun, and as much as I would be intrigued, I think we can rule the Vic Viper out as a fighter (and Otomedius is definitely NOT for good boys and girls of all ages).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
(seriously people, ryu Hayubasa is NOT the last NES icon!)
Hah, thank you! I want Hayabusa a lot, but even if this sentence tends to be in support of him, I can't really go along with it, Contra is a definite classic and shouldn't just be swept under the carpet. I'm not too sure on the likelihood of Contra representation for Ultimate (although I know you're just throwing it out there as an idea), the characters don't have a whole lot of identity, like I can't even name them despite having played the original game a ton, but maybe in a future Smash game we could get a Contra stage, or at least some of its banging music.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hah, thank you! I want Hayabusa a lot, but even if this sentence tends to be in support of him, I can't really go along with it, Contra is a definite classic and shouldn't just be swept under the carpet. I'm not too sure on the likelihood of Contra representation for Ultimate (although I know you're just throwing it out there as an idea), the characters don't have a whole lot of identity, like I can't even name them despite having played the original game a ton, but maybe in a future Smash game we could get a Contra stage, or at least some of its banging music.
Well, we have the OGs with Bill and Lance. Hard Corps has Sheena, Fang, Brownie and, uhhhh, I actually do forget the guy's name. beyond that, I wouldn't really know since I'm really only familiar with the classic games.

And yeah, Contra music in Smash would be sick. If Contra were hypothetically to get in, I'd hope we'd get some dope Contra: Hard Corps remixes.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I think it's important to remember though, Persona 5 is a PlayStation exclusive. That factor does change some things. People who are PlayStation owners exclusively that played through 5, probably likely considered buying Smash just to play as Joker. So yeah it appeals to the JRPG group, but it also appeals to PlayStation owners in a way

Banjo is an outlier, I don't disagree on that

I can get what you mean with the FGC, but remember Terry is also catered to Latin America as well as other countries where Fatal Fury/KoF is big

Aside from Banjo, the Pass is definitely aiming at non Nintendo fans. We've seen some people dissapointed with the lack of first party to prove this, and the 3rd parties we are getting aren't even of the typical Nintendo flair like Simon or Mega Man are
Yeah, I can agree with that.

I'd personally say Tales is a bit more likely than Dark Souls, but I understand what you're stating.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Im trying to figure out who the last “NES icons” are generally considered to be

Ryu Hayabusa - The obvious one
Bill and Lance (Contra)
Bub and Bob (at least imo)
The Battletoads

Exempting liscenced characters and some smaller nintendo games like Balloon Fight and Excitebike I’m not sure who else

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
On the talk of the Sonic movie, as a die hard Sonic fan I absolutely love the new movie design so much. The first was so ugly, I honestly don't know how they got away with it in the first place. So happy right now with new one.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Im trying to figure out who the last “NES icons” are generally considered to be

Ryu Hayabusa - The obvious one
Bill and Lance (Contra)
Bub and Bob (at least imo)
The Battletoads

Exempting liscenced characters and some smaller nintendo games like Balloon Fight and Excitebike I’m not sure who else
Billy and Jimmy from Double Dragon would probably be next after that, but at that point we're stretching the term "icon" pretty far. I think Ninja Gaiden and Contra are the last two console defining games from the NES that aren't represented in any way yet, after those all of the options I can come to think of are a tier below imo.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, the only Nintendo icon left to be showcased is that of Yo! Noid, the Capcom X Dominos Pizza game.

download.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom