• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Does Monolith have full ownership of KOS-MOS now or is she still considered a Namco character? Because I'd say she's the most possible for them. Phoenix for Capcom (MH being close)

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Seems there's going to be a new 6.1.0 update soon? Probably just a few smaller bug fixes like the Terry Buster Wolf freezing Icies glitch or something.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Seems there's going to be a new 6.1.0 update soon? Probably just a few smaller bug fixes like the Terry Buster Wolf freezing Icies glitch or something.
Most likely.

Seems a bit too early for it to be anything major when Terry just dropped a few days ago.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
So guys, after all the rumors and the confirmation back in June of a second wave of DLC characters, how confident are you in Geno's inclusion in the post-fighter pass DLC? I could say I'm like 60% certain that he will be in the game eventually, because past experiences make it impossible for me to go 100% on this.

OffBi

Smash Ace
So guys, after all the rumors and the confirmation back in June of a second wave of DLC characters, how confident are you in Geno's inclusion in the post-fighter pass DLC? I could say I'm like 60% certain that he will be in the game eventually, because past experiences make it impossible for me to go 100% on this.
999%

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm leaning towards 70% at the moment.

The lack of a Mii costume and general confidence from insiders gives me hope that Geno will finally get his day.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I seriously doubt we are getting a reveal so close to the release of Terry concidering VGA. Had there be no VGA, then surely that would have been a different story. Around 90% of the time, a blue dot means nothing when it comes to new videos. It could be hashtags updates for what we now. I¨m with most people that think the fifth is going to be a Namco character, and like A.G.L. A.G.L. I¨m leaning towards a Tekken rep.

When it comes Geno's chances, I feel highly unlikely to be the fifth fighter, but I¨m 50/50 on post fighters pass. He chances feel likelier than ever but I don¨t want to go full-on hype mode for potentially nothing,

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I seriously doubt we are getting a reveal so close to the release of Terry concidering VGA. Had there be no VGA, then surely that would have been a different story. Around 90% of the time, a blue dot means nothing when it comes to new videos. It could be hashtags updates for what we now. I¨m with most people that think the fifth is going to be a Namco character, and like A.G.L. A.G.L. I¨m leaning towards a Tekken rep.

When it comes Geno's chances, I feel highly unlikely to be the fifth fighter, but I¨m 50/50 on post fighters pass. He chances feel likelier than ever but I don¨t want to go full-on hype mode for potentially nothing,
Tbh would they end on two fighting game characters? Probably not. Thing is with Lloyd is that JRPG saturation in smash is somewhat precedented it's a fairly big genre and as the biggest counterargument for Lloyd can't be used then it seems it should be him. If we were going to get another fighting game Character it probably would have happened before now imo.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Tbh would they end on two fighting game characters? Probably not. Thing is with Lloyd is that JRPG saturation in smash is somewhat precedented it's a fairly big genre and as the biggest counterargument for Lloyd can't be used then it seems it should be him. If we were going to get another fighting game Character it probably would have happened before now imo.
I agree that Heihachi likely won't be Fighter 5 due to Terry already being in.
But I disagree that we would've gotten him by now if we were getting him at all.
To be blunt, I am almost certain that Heihachi will be DLC for Ultimate some time before DLC is over.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I agree that Heihachi likely won't be Fighter 5 due to Terry already being in.
But I disagree that we would've gotten him by now if we were getting him at all.
To be blunt, I am almost certain that Heihachi will be DLC for Ultimate some time before DLC is over.
More I think about it Tekken wouldn't be able to work. Although someone will argue Sakurai always makes characters work but Heihachi is the most recent character he deconfirmed from Smash 4 and actually have reasoning which would take more than a few years to try and fit in Smash. Lloyd ATM is the frontrunner and we probably aren't going to get another Bamco rep so it seems Heihachi is going to be left in the dust imo. There is also the case of the voice actor passing away which may hinder his chances if they perhaps would rather tribute him by leaving it alone and he is a part of Pac-Man Taunt which may suggest that they put him there as a consolation prize As he won't be playable

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I'm all in, baby.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
75%. I'll probably do a big ass post about it by the VGAs but the main takeaways:

-Been part of insider conversations since last September.

-Very high insider confidence almost across the board.

-Dodged the Mii costume and Assist Trophy bullets.

-Already has assets that can be used for helping to make a full on character.

-Actually brought up at both Square and Nintendo of America.

-Biggest competition is already in the game and Sora is basically TBE until evidence actually comes up.

-Honestly one of the only characters that's been given high praise by Sakurai that's not in the game yet.

-A metric ****ton of coincidences and odd happenings tracing back nearly two years.

It's looking spectacular but I also don't want to do the coveted "he's in" because I was super confident that the VGAs was going to come down to two characters before one took a massive hit literally two days ago.

Last edited:

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
[Grinch leak Grinches in the distance]
MarioTehPlumber eventually came out and admitted in his own twisted way.

Does Monolith have full ownership of KOS-MOS now or is she still considered a Namco character? Because I'd say she's the most possible for them. Phoenix for Capcom (MH being close)
KOS-MOS is 100% a Namco-Bandai-owned character.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Confident enough to bet money on it, but not a lot of money. Like $5. I’d bet $5 on it.

D

Deleted member

I’m not one who bets on specific characters, but I do admit I’m kinda positive with Geno at the moment.

I won’t take anyone for granted as usual, but Geno does seem really reasonable and plausible right now.

T2by4

Smash Lord
10%. Gonna need word from more insiders to have a bit more confidence. One person ain't enough for me. If he gets mii costumed its gameover. If the mii costume vid with mallow is real, then 50%.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I FEEL like he should be a lock for bonus DLC. At least that’s what my heart tells me....

My brain says 65%. But I know how this usually goes.... So I’m not expecting him, even if Insiders are talking about him or whatever. I’ll remain hopeful.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm hoping that they only announced more DLC at the Direct and that they always had plans for it from the start. Otherwise that means there were no plans for Geno at all and all those hints, references and coincidences amounted to nothing.

OffBi

Smash Ace
IMG_20191112_135743.jpg

IMG_20191112_135750.jpg

IMG_20191112_135755.jpg

I know that this isn't related to Geno or anything, but look at this cute cat I found on the way home!

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Anyway I think Geno has a high shot. I didn't wanna make a post on this independently because not isn't really related to Geno aside from the fact he's blue but I talked about Geno so what do people think of the new sonic trailer? https://youtu.be/szby7ZHLnkA

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Anyway I think Geno has a high shot. I didn't wanna make a post on this independently because not isn't really related to Geno aside from the fact he's blue but I talked about Geno so what do people think of the new sonic trailer? https://youtu.be/szby7ZHLnkA
It's leagues better than the original trailer. It's so refreshing to see a studio listen to fan input and make a better product

D

Deleted member

The new Sonic trailer was really great!

I am kinda more excited for Scoob!, but Sonic also looks surprisingly good!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I swear it looks like a different movie. Like not just the Sonic design, which is infinitely better, but it’s actually FUNNY! Like the jokes in this trailer are actually good and it’s like, where was this stuff in the first trailer? Was the purpose of that trailer just to be an intentionally awful meme movie and then make the actual movie look so much better by comparison?

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I swear it looks like a different movie. Like not just the Sonic design, which is infinitely better, but it’s actually FUNNY! Like the jokes in this trailer are actually good and it’s like, where was this stuff in the first trailer? Was the purpose of that trailer just to be an intentionally awful meme movie and then make the actual movie look so much better by comparison?
Uh, Meow?

D

Deleted member

Jim Carrey may be the highlight of the movie for me.

He is an hilarious actor.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Jim Carrey may be the highlight of the movie for me.

He is an hilarious actor.
Oh man, the return of late 90’s/early 00’s Jim Carrey is definitely a selling point. Like they very clearly let him do whatever he wants in this movie and it’s glorious

D

Deleted member

A few months ago everyone was saying he would carry the film but it seems some of the weight has been taken off
I still believe he will deliver a lot of great moments anyway!

Oh man, the return of late 90’s/early 00’s Jim Carrey is definitely a selling point. Like they very clearly let him do whatever he wants in this movie and it’s glorious
Indeed!

As someone who loved to see Ace Ventura, The Mask and other Carrey movies as a child I am excited to see him go wild with this movie!

OffBi

Smash Ace
Yeah, the sonic movie looks miles better than the last trailer, he looks so cute here

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
So the people of this thread have been discussing Bandai Namco and Capcom characters that could make it in, so let me pose a question for the people of this thread:

For Bandai Namco, would you rather have Lloyd or Heihachi? (Or, to be more general in my question, a Tales of character vs. a Tekken character, since I know there was debate in this thread who would represent Tales of.)

For Capcom, would you rather have a Resident Evil character or Dante?

Please explain the why you picked the character you chose.

P.S.: Honorable mentions go out to a Dark Souls character and Pheonix Wright, but I feel as if those characters will only get in if some certain set of circumstances occur with them (like for Dark Souls, I see a rep from that game being good for Fighter #5, but if they aren't, I can't see them over Lloyd and/or Heihachi for post-pass DLC).

Edit: This doesn't necessarily have to be Fighter #5 specific, I'm more so talking in general.
For Bamco, I'm gonna have to go with Lloyd on this one. Tales of Symphonia is a great game (and the "Tales of" series is great in general), and I really like Lloyd as a character. I've never played a Tekken game, so I can't say that I have any personal connection with Heihachi. However if we're throwing Dark Souls into the mix, I'm really torn. For a Dark Souls rep, I really want Artorias and I love the lore behind him. I probably want him as much as I want Lloyd, but since Artorias probably wouldn't be the Dark Souls rep if we do get one, I'll stick with Lloyd.

For Capcom, I don't really know. I haven't played many Capcom games, but I have played a few Resident Evil games and I thought they were pretty good, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant me wanting them in Smash. If I had to choose though, I guess it would be one of them since I haven't played DMC (or Pheonix Wright). I'd probably prefer Leon, but I don't really care that much.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I still believe he will deliver a lot of great moments anyway!

Indeed!

As someone who loved to see Ace Ventura, The Mask and other Carrey movies as a child I am excited to see him go wild with this movie!
He will do most of the heavy lifting but as everything seems better including no potty humour and sonic actually had a shrink spurt etc it will be at least slightly more evenly distributed

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And yeah, Scoob! also had a dope trailer.

Looking forward to see their representation of the Blue Falcon and other Hanna Barbera characters.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Something I havent seen anyone else mention is how expressive the new model is. If you compare it to the old one its night and day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom