• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What happened now?

Honestly that should be the first thing I say whenever I come here.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
To anyone who asks what has been going on, honestly not much.

The Super Smash Bros. YouTube channel has a blue dot next to it again, meaning there could be an upcoming video at some point. But I honestly wouldn't get your hopes up, as we just got Terry released. Sure, Nintendo could be typical random Nintendo and shadow drop a trailer, but I highly doubt that.

We'll likely get a reveal at the Game Awards. And right now people are speculating whether or not it could be a Bandai Namco or Capcom rep. People seem to be leaning towards a Bandai Namco character due to Fatmanonice's recent comments regarding Fighter #5 likely being Sakurai giving a "thank you" to a company. I already said my peace on this recently, but if Bandai Namco gets a reveal at the Game Awards, a Dark Souls character seems super likely for a variety of reasons.

And it seems Spazzy_D Spazzy_D and I have a similar line of thinking regarding Dark Souls' chances! If anyone is interested in watching Source Gaming's hopes and predictions video on Fighter #5, here ya go: https://youtu.be/t5lTeWBWecs

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Super Smash Bros. YouTubs channel has a blue dot next to it again, meaning there could be an upcoming video at some point. But I honestly wouldn't get your hopes up, as we just got Terry released. Sure, Nintendo could be typical random Nintendo and shadow drop a trailer, but I highly doubt that.

We'll likely get a reveal at the Game Awards. And right now people are speculating whether or not it could be a Bandai Namco or Capcom rep. I've already said my peace on this recently, but if Bandai Namco gets a reveal at the Game Awards, a Dark Souls character seems super likely for a variety of reasons.

And it seems Spazzy_D Spazzy_D and I have a similar line of thinking! If anyone is interested in watching Source Gaming's hopes and predictions video on Fighter #5, here ya go: https://youtu.be/t5lTeWBWecs
Thanks bud apperciate it. I mean hope you don't mind me calling you bud. But anyway so a video was uploaded potentially on Smash Bros Youtube channel huh? If that's the case yeah I still think Game Awards myself for when we see the next character.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Thanks bud apperciate it. I mean hope you don't mind me calling you bud. But anyway so a video was uploaded potentially on Smash Bros Youtube channel huh? If that's the case yeah I still think Game Awards myself for when we see the next character.
Not a problem, my scaly friend.

Yeah, a Game Awards reveal seems pretty plausible, though there is always a chance that Nintendo could have a Smash Direct or a shadow drop. But I think the safe bet at the moment is to just expect one character to be reveled at the Game Awards.

Who do YOU think is plausible for a Game Awards reveal?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I really want to believe there will be a Robin style reveal soon, but I need to see proof the blue dot could mean something.

Can anyone provide that?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I really want to believe there will be a Robin style reveal soon, but I need to see proof the blue dot could mean something.

Can anyone provide that?
On YouTube mobile a blue dot appears next to a channel you’re subscribed to when something has been updated. This can mean an upload but can also mean something as small as the tags on an existing video being changed

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
On YouTube mobile a blue dot appears next to a channel you’re subscribed to when something has been updated. This can mean an upload but can also mean something as small as the tags on an existing video being changed
Has this ever pointed to an immediate reveal in the past?

D

Deleted member

Not a problem, my scaly friend.

Yeah, a Game Awards reveal seems pretty plausible, though there is always a chance that Nintendo could have a Smash Direct or a shadow drop. But I think the safe bet at the moment is to just expect one character to be reveled at the Game Awards.

Who do YOU think is plausible for a Game Awards reveal?
Good question honestly even I have no idea if it is a Capcom character, someone like Dante or Leon, or Jill makes sense. If it's from Devil May Cry or Resident Evil. If it's Bandai Namco as much as I want Lloyd Heihachi would make a lot of sense. Really hard to tell at this point. The thing about the game awards is that it's a hardcore game crowd usually there so a big character like them would appeal to that crowd. People recognized Joker and enjoyed Persona 5 that's why that reveal went over so well last year plus he's awesome. I know yesterday we were talking about Mokuluma from Danganronpa yesterday even he would fit. But hard to say I have no answer myself and will have to find out like everyone else. I guess.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Offtopic, but if I had to choose games that I have played for my personal GOTY candidates, it would probably be these

Devil May Cry 5 (Frontrunner until something changes)
Super Mario Maker 2
Borderlands 3
The Outer Worlds
Luigis Mansion 3
Death Stranding (Actually am loving it so far)

What about everyone else on this particular thread?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Good news everyone, Blastoise made it

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

The Super Smash Bros. YouTube channel has a blue dot next to it again, meaning there could be an upcoming video at some point. But I honestly wouldn't get your hopes up, as we just got Terry released. Sure, Nintendo could be typical random Nintendo and shadow drop a trailer, but I highly doubt that.

We'll likely get a reveal at the Game Awards. And right now people are speculating whether or not it could be a Bandai Namco or Capcom rep. People seem to be leaning towards a Bandai Namco character due to Fatmanonice's recent comments regarding Fighter #5 likely being Sakurai giving a "thank you" to a company. I already said my peace on this recently, but if Bandai Namco gets a reveal at the Game Awards, a Dark Souls character seems super likely for a variety of reasons.

And it seems Spazzy_D Spazzy_D and I have a similar line of thinking regarding Dark Souls' chances! If anyone is interested in watching Source Gaming's hopes and predictions video on Fighter #5, here ya go: https://youtu.be/t5lTeWBWecs
Exciting, or it will be if there is some new character coming, which can be doubtful by some, and I don't blame them, personally.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Offtopic, but if I had to choose games that I have played for my personal GOTY candidates, it would probably be these

Super Mario Maker 2
Borderlands 3
The Outer Worlds
Luigis Mansion 3

For me it’s a toss up between Fire Emblem Three Houses and Luigi’s Mansion 3. Three Houses is unquestionably my favorite FE game ever made, with the most likable characters, best music, and a story that hit me emotionally like I was getting sucker punched by a freight train. Luigi’s Mansion 3 is a true sequel to one of my favorite games of all time and a better Mario movie than I could ever hope for.

D

Deleted member

Super Mario Maker 2
Borderlands 3
The Outer Worlds
Luigis Mansion 3

I haven't played a lot of the games this year or seen much from them but based on what I have seen.

5. Sekkiro Shadows Die Twice

4. Resident Evil 2

3. Devil May Cry 5

2. Kingdom Hearts III

1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Super Mario Maker 2
Borderlands 3
The Outer Worlds
Luigis Mansion 3

Mother 3 (Frontrunner by far)
Three Houses
Mario Maker 2
Castlevania
Ninja Gaiden
Fatal Fury: Real Bout

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
When exactly in October, may I ask?
I don't remember, I'm just sure it was early October last year. I remember people seeing the Smash Bros. youtube channel updated, then people were disappointed when nothing happened after a couple of weeks, the Grinch came to steal the hype, then November 1st finally came after an announcement.

For Terry, though, apparently the Smash Bros. channel updated a week and a half before his presentation.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't remember, I'm just sure it was early October last year. I remember people seeing the Smash Bros. youtube channel updated, then people were disappointed when nothing happened after a couple of weeks, the Grinch came to steal the hype, then November 1st finally came after an announcement.

For Terry, though, apparently the Smash Bros. channel updated a week and a half before his presentation.
Give it until next week then. We'll know probably by then whether something is coming this month or not.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman

Super Mario Maker 2
Borderlands 3
The Outer Worlds
Luigis Mansion 3

Haven't played too many new games this year, but I really loved the Link's Awakening remake. Only gripes were frame rate drops and the chamber dungeons mode. Everything else was pretty much perfect to me. Enjoyed it so much that I played through it twice

Kingdom Hearts 3 I actually liked. I know people are divided on it, but I had fun with it. Maybe it's because I only got into the franchise recently, so my perspective is likely different from those who waited 13 years for it. Not totally sure, but it clicked for me

Mario Maker 2 was really fun, but I unfortunately didn't get into it as much as I would've liked because I got focused on other things :(

If we are counting games released in other years that I played this year, I finally played Undertale, and I totally get the hype around the game now. It's pretty great. I also replayed Majora's Mask, since it's been sometime since I last played it, and I appreciated it a lot more. Blows my mind still that it was created in about a year

That's about it though, unfortunately didn't get to play a lot of the new stuff this year

D

Deleted member

If Fatmanonice can tell us if it means anything we'll know for sure.

Yeah I didn't play a lot of games still this year. Nintendo Switch is still out of commission busted joy-con and even when I get it fixed it will be just Super Smash Bros. Ultimate I'm playing. But still lots of great games this year. All deserve their nods.

D

Deleted member

It’s Dark Souls time, take a snapshot, you heard it here first.
Praise the mother****ing son boys and girls. Honestly would not mind. Artorias and Solaire or whoever. From Dark Souls.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait did he really? I thought Masuda snapped him away. Did Venasaur make it too?
In a datamine, all of the Kanto and Alola starters were found, alongside Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, Jirachi, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo's quartet, the Cosmog line (so including Solgaleo and Lunala), Necrozma, Marshadow, Zeraora, Meltan and Melmetal.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
In a datamine, all of the Kanto and Alola starters were found, alongside Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, Jirachi, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo's quartet, the Cosmog line (so including Solgaleo and Lunala), Necrozma, Marshadow, Zeraora, Meltan and Melmetal.
At this point I wouldnt be surprised if gamefreak just fails to make them available regardless. Thats great to hear they’re back but I dont think thats enough to win me over unfortunately :(

Plank08

Smash Lord

Super Mario Maker 2
Borderlands 3
The Outer Worlds
Luigis Mansion 3

if we are talking about actual Game Awards, if smash 4 got nominated, Ultimate should too, but my personal favorite games are LBP 3, Spiderman PS4, Mario Maker 2, and Ultimate( I REALLY WANT TO PLAY MARIO RPG SO PLEASE IF GENO GETS IN ADD THAT TO ONLINE NINTENDO)
On that Super Smash Bros Channel update:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

The last one was on October 27th. The Terry video became public on November 6th. So a week and a half later. That would mean that this video would air around November 21st, if it took just as long to air after upload. That is if they follow the same schedule.

November 21st is Nintendo Day. Both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U launched on 11/21 in Japan. Other games to launch on this day in Japan include titles such as Super Mario World, Super Mario 3D World, F-Zero, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Yoshi's Cookie, Pokémon Gold and Silver, Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, Pokémon Colosseum, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Sin & Punishment, Animal Crossing amiibo Festival, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, and possibly more. The Super Famicom also launched on this day. In North America, a few of these games launched either on that day or on the day later as international releases, including Super Smash Bros For Wii U. The release of Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario 64 DS, Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt, and the Nintendo DS itself all launched on this day.

I believe Polygon covered on this day.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/21/16685300/nintendo-biggest-best-release-date-games
Dark Souls time, and in the next week or 2? sakurais a god

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm still thinking it will be Layton and not a Bandai Namco rep this round. Remember that if it weren't for Nintendo leaking it, SNK would've blindsided all of us. I get the feeling that the last fighter will be from a company that doesn't have their content in Smash yet, and Level 5 fits the bill

spongeabc5

Smash Rookie
I don't know exactly how it works with private videos, but loading the Super Smash Bros. YouTube channel in my RSS reader only shows the various translations of Terry's showcase video.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I'm still thinking it will be Layton and not a Bandai Namco rep this round. Remember that if it weren't for Nintendo leaking it, SNK would've blindsided all of us. I get the feeling that the last fighter will be from a company that doesn't have their content in Smash yet, and Level 5 fits the bill
I think that Spike Chunsoft would fit that bill too

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
if we are talking about actual Game Awards, if smash 4 got nominated, Ultimate should too, but my personal favorite games are LBP 3, Spiderman PS4, Mario Maker 2, and Ultimate( I REALLY WANT TO PLAY MARIO RPG SO PLEASE IF GENO GETS IN ADD THAT TO ONLINE NINTENDO)

Dark Souls time, and in the next week or 2? sakurais a god
Based on the terry

It was a week and a half after a private video in smash was spotted when a reveal happen it should be around that long

So 21st of November should reveal and character release should be around christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom