• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I love how FMOI saying "don't expect many upgrades" has people listing off multiple AT and Spirit upgrades as likely

There's not going to be 17 characters post pass guys. 3 counts as many.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
From the sounds of things, AT promotions are not looking that likely, but as time goes on it certainly could change, especially should they expand their plans again. I do think for what it's worth that Isaac and Waluigi are the first and foremost candidates. I'd hesitate to expect it at the moment, but I would also hesitate to say that you'll never see an AT promotion before this game's DLC is completely finished.
I'd much rather have Geno over Waluigi. Could we get both, theoretically yes. Would it be pushing things a bit? Yeah, because while Mario is Nintendo's flagship franchise, that's like, a LOT of Mario characters in my opinion. Piranha Plant already pushed the limit a bit in my opinion, so I'm hoping we get Geno in and just call it a day. It's no offense to Waluigi fans, I sure as hell would love to see him in the game, but I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I understand that a lot of people find AT promotions to be extremely unlikely, but like, nothing is entirely impossible in Smash. I don't think adding Isaac would completely turn Smash Ultimate on its head and ruin the game. Yeah it's probably not the most likely thing to happen, but the same could be said for Ridley joining the game. It just depends on whether or not Sakurai and his team is fine with doing it. I mean, if Waluigi gets promoted and summons a Waluigi AT, is the game going to suddenly crash and CTRL + ALT + DEL itself?
Or the AT toggles off if someone is playing said character. It’s not rocket science..

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Like how season 2 shattered the spirits theory I really think season 3 if they get there will do the same for trophies and maybe even costumes.probably not more then there going to promote this time around but still. I'm still a firm believer in the wol slots so I'm all in for 10 but were just going to have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

Or the AT toggles off if someone is playing said character. It’s not rocket science..
Yeah exactly, it's not like Sakurai has to go back into the code of the game and do a million things that cost a ton of money. Just simply write a few lines of code stating that when 'x' character appears, toggle 'x' assist trophy off. Or if they really wanted to, they could just remove said assist trophy from the game altogether. The solutions are rather simple, but I find most people act like adding in an assist trophy is a completely impossible task that would take hundreds of people to implement, when in reality, it's probably one of the simplest things to do. Hell, the models are already made, maybe just need a bit more fleshing out, but they're made nonetheless.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I'd much rather have Geno over Waluigi. Could we get both, theoretically yes. Would it be pushing things a bit? Yeah, because while Mario is Nintendo's flagship franchise, that's like, a LOT of Mario characters in my opinion. Piranha Plant already pushed the limit a bit in my opinion, so I'm hoping we get Geno in and just call it a day. It's no offense to Waluigi fans, I sure as hell would love to see him in the game, but I just don't see it happening.
Oh, I'm just talking about ATs. I think that Geno is exempt to this and we get him basically regardless of that. The main competition I see is between Isaac and Waluigi, and the fact that we know not to expect many promotions means to me that neither are likely at the moment, but MAYBE we could squeak one through.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Yeah exactly, it's not like Sakurai has to go back into the code of the game and do a million things that cost a ton of money. Just simply write a few lines of code stating that when 'x' character appears, toggle 'x' assist trophy off. Or if they really wanted to, they could just remove said assist trophy from the game altogether. The solutions are rather simple, but I find most people act like adding in an assist trophy is a completely impossible task that would take hundreds of people to implement, when in reality, it's probably one of the simplest things to do. Hell, the models are already made, maybe just need a bit more fleshing out, but they're made nonetheless.
Certain AT’s toggle off for certain stages already. It wouldn’t be hard to do.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Spirit promotions that are likely IMO: Shantae, Geno, Bandana Dee, Octoling, Elma. At least three of these. Black Shadow and/or Fiora as a potential "curveball".
Base game Mii costume promotions: Dixie Kong, if you're counting her hat as such (Rex is still ripperoni imo cause he's a DLC costume)
Assist Trophy promotions: Either Waluigi or Isaac. NOT BOTH. those two generated the most outcry and if you HAD to pick just one AT to promote, imo it would be between those two.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well, not yet. Geno's likely but not a lock.
That's not the point, if multiple characters with a spirit already in game are even being considered in a serious capacity then the rule never existed to begin with.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
-A vast majority of the hypothetical list is decent sized fan picks, on par or bigger than Geno and Crash.

-Don't expect a lot of NPC promotions. This includes spirits and ATs. I will say that ATs and Mii costumes already in the game are a lot less likely and, if the jump happens, it'd be literally one and I have a hard time seeing Sakurai do that for the sake of fairness.

-Most have not appeared in Smash in any form.

-Most are third party but not all.
Oh...oh no...

I'm not sure if it's because I'm sick but my stomach just got hit by a wave of nausea.

Guys, guess who hasn't appeared in Smash at all, and is third party, and would be a bigger deal than Geno or Crash AND could have Geno, Mallow, and Chocobo come as Mii Costumes....

The spiky-haired nerd with a giant key, Sora.

Somehow, somewhere, SSGuy SSGuy is seething and hunting down Sora fans as we speak.

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
-A vast majority of the hypothetical list is decent sized fan picks, on par or bigger than Geno and Crash.

-Don't expect a lot of NPC promotions. This includes spirits and ATs. I will say that ATs and Mii costumes already in the game are a lot less likely and, if the jump happens, it'd be literally one and I have a hard time seeing Sakurai do that for the sake of fairness.

-Most have not appeared in Smash in any form.

-Most are third party but not all.
When you say fan picks, is it more of characters that people have been requested forever like KRool and Banjo? Or do you mean like big big names in gaming that a lot of people could get behind and be satisfied by just because of how iconic they are?

Are these picks more closer to Cloud or Banjo in other words?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Before the Mii Costume "leak" came out, my speculation was leading me to believe that our 5th DLC character for the Fighter Pass would probably be Professor Layton, and I'm still leaning in that direction. My gut tells me that Lloyd will likely happen, but not in the Fighter Pass. Currently, I'm thinking he might be one of the characters saved for Season 2's fanservice.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
When it comes to assists, I think we have 3-4 possiblities. Isaac, Waluigi, Bomberman (if 3rd parties are included) and Skull Kid (though thats up for debate) I’d like all of them but I gotta go with Isaac. Like someone said earlier he kinda flips with Geno as my number 1. He was the first character I every supported, not counting Roy in Smash 4. If we got Geno and Isaac id honestly be 100% content. I want Crash, Doomguy, Lloyd and Chief as well but those two would override everything for me

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Oh...oh no...

I'm not sure if it's because I'm sick but my stomach just got hit by a wave of nausea.

Guys, guess who hasn't appeared in Smash at all, and is third party, and would be a bigger deal than Geno or Crash AND could have Geno, Mallow, and Chocobo come as Mii Costumes....

Somehow, somewhere, SSGuy SSGuy is seething and hunting down Sora fans as we speak.
Considering Sora is primarily Disney with some Nomura in there, I actually don't think Sora has any bearing on whether or not we'd get Geno. I can easily see a future where we could get both.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
When you say fan picks, is it more of characters that people have been requested forever like KRool and Banjo? Or do you mean like big big names in gaming that a lot of people could get behind and be satisfied by just because of how iconic they are?

Are these picks more closer Cloud or Banjo in other words?
There's really no real way to answer this. Look at Geno, Crash, and Ryu. Some are one, the other, or both.

TheBeastHimself

I still think that spirits deconfirming characters is a very stupid idea. A lot of people speculate that DLC was planned before Spirits, or that Spirits were created as a way to deconfirm characters, but like, c'mon. Why the hell would they shoot themselves in the foot and limit 1000s of character options? That kind of game development, to me, does not lineup at all with Sakurai's creativity and vision for Smash. If all of this ends up being true and Sakurai did indeed make Spirits with the intent of deconfirming characters, I think that's such a ridiculous thing to do.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Dropping with sora is a possibility I guess but I don't see a reason why they would have withheld the mii costumes from hero just for a different unrelated character that also has no connection to him. If sora comes it's likely with just stuff for the non Disney characters like his 2 friends and the organization people, actually I think a cloak like they used for the organization is almost a lock.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Oh...oh no...

I see this as an absolute win!

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Considering Sora is primarily Disney with some Nomura in there, I actually don't think Sora has any bearing on whether or not we'd get Geno. I can easily see a future where we could get both.
I admire your faith, and I'm still confident in Geno, but let us remember which Mii Costumes came with Banjo & Kazooie.

They could very easily work out a Riku and Kairi costume and then reveal the return of Geno's costume as well as a new Mallow hat and returning Chocobo hat.

This works regardless if you see Sora as just Disney or Disney/Square. If you see him as just Disney, we've already had returning Mii costumes come with someone they had nothing to do with, the only odd man out being the new Mallow hat...but we still have no idea if it's 100% real as a leak yet. If you see him as Disney/Square then it works even better because all the above could happen and the Mallow hat would be compensation for no Geno.

This is definitely a real possibility that I would love for people to keep in mind. I'm not sure if I believe it will, but it just washed over me suddenly due to FMOI talking about characters that haven't been in Smash at all in any way and it just works SCARILY well.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
There are plenty of third party picks remaining who are “fan servicey” and would cause the internet to explode.
Yes, but we’re talking about first party additions. I don’t see any first party DLC being “fan servicy” that doesn’t already have some past connection to Smash.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I see this as an absolute win!
Something tells me you would be one of the few who would see this as a win.

Personally, I would be so messed up because a character I used to want a lot got in, but at the expense of the only character I've ever truly wanted.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It's going to be Phoenix Wright I just know it.

I have no evidence for this. But I'm not a lawyer So I don't have to prove jack.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Did we ever get the official results to sabi's poll? Though that was supposed to release like a week ago.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Yes, but we’re talking about first party additions. I don’t see any first party DLC being “fan servicy” that doesn’t already have some past connection to Smash.
When I think of “fan servicey” characters, I think of characters that would make the internet blow up, and have been requested a ton.

And I know a ton of third party characters that could do that.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Something tells me you would be one of the few who would see this as a win.

Personally, I would be so messed up because a character I used to want a lot got in, but at the expense of the only character I've ever truly wanted.
Oops, I didn’t pay enough attention to your post and thought it was just the idea of Sora getting in and didn’t see the Geno as a Mii costume part.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So, I just had a moment of gazing into the abyss, but I'm turning away before it gazes back into me.

Hopefully this works. I'm sharing my public playlist of SMRPG music, both canon and remixes. Feel free to enjoy this throughout your day!

Also, PLEASE, if you have any recommendations that aren't already on the list, hit me up with them! I'd love to get this list to 150 or even 200 songs!

Here is the playlist link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz9S7jHYhMqOxNJd233RjHIiHtxIdETtL

EDIT:

Oops, I didn’t pay enough attention to your post and thought it was just the idea of Sora getting in and didn’t see the Geno as a Mii costume part.
That makes a lot more sense to me. I may tease you about your stances on things and question you a lot, but I know you are a Geno fan, so your response both caught me off guard as odd AND seemed like something you might say.

I have no issues with Sora and think he'd be a great inclusion to Smash, but at the cost of Geno? That is a price too great to pay.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
When I think of “fan servicey” characters, I think of characters that would make the internet blow up, and have been requested a ton.

And I know a ton of third party characters that could do that.
I think of that when it comes to third party characters.

When it comes to first party I think of characters fans have been asking for forever.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sora's weird... He's a character that hasn't come up since the Seven Squares last year but a lot of insiders THINK (not know, not speculate, THINK) he could be coming by the end of DLC thanks to his popularity. Nobody has heard anything but people believe that if Nintendo were to swim to the bottom of a septic tank with a snorkel to get a third party character before DLC totally wrapped up for this game, it would be him. This is why I don't really count Sora as part of the hypothetical list because him eventually coming to Smash is merely an opinion right now, not based on anything concrete.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Wait, these are first party games not represented in Smash or just first party characters not in Smash yet?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Sora's weird... He's a character that hasn't come up since the Seven Squares last year but a lot of insiders THINK (not know, not speculate, THINK) he could be coming by the end of DLC thanks to his popularity. Nobody has heard anything but people believe that if Nintendo were to swim to the bottom of a septic tank with a snorkel to get a third party character before DLC totally wrapped up for this game, it would be him. This is why I don't really count Sora as part of the hypothetical list because him eventually coming to Smash is merely an opinion right now, not based on anything concrete.
He's the biggest anime-esq JRPG/RPG character left not in Smash that has absolutely no representation. I don't even think that's arguable.

Like, for the same reason I have confidence in Geno is the same reason I have confidence in Sora.

Sakurai is not going home but in fact going bigger than ever, and you don't get much bigger than Sora.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, when it comes to first parties, the only ones I could see happening are Byleth, Akira Howard, a gen 8 Pokemon, or Waluigi, maybe Isaac if the planets align just right. Of all of those, I only really feel more confident in Akira Howard or Byleth tbh.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Just curious, what is your speculation when it comes to a character like Professor Layton and likelyhood that he could be DLC?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Wait, these are first party games not represented in Smash or just first party characters not in Smash yet?
Supposedly games.

Little Town Hero character here we come! /s?

Honestly, when it comes to first parties, the only ones I could see happening are Byleth, Akira Howard, a gen 8 Pokemon, or Waluigi, maybe Isaac if the planets align just right. Of all of those, I only really feel more confident in Akira Howard or Byleth tbh.
Fire Emblem character, Pokémon character, or Mario character? Seems about right.

Damn double post. My bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom