• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Well, they'd be right in that I don't "leak stuff", I speculate on insider speculation and information and rumors that cross my path from interacting with them. Plus, it's 4chan... They think everyone is a f** or a cuck or a ******* or a n***** because emotional regulation is hardly a thing there.
Wait you can say ****** on this website and not get outright banned?!

D

Deleted member

Wait you can say ****** on this website and not get outright banned?!
You can but you shouldn't use the word so lightly. Please if you have any morals let's move on already.

Anyways Geno! Geno is a cool character and I hope he gets in Smash.

OffBi

Smash Ace
I didn't even actually say it. That's literally a n followed by asterisks. Wait... Why is this even a thing? I was making a point that they hate virtually everyone anyways.
Yeah I know, it's just that this changes everything

owjies

Smash Journeyman
It should be noted that a lot of Capcom Mii costumes haven't returned yet. Both Monster Hunter and MegaMan EXE haven't come back, making a decent argument that Nintendo's biding its time to bring back all the Smash 4 costumes but doing so "when the time is right."
Yeah, it's interesting in that there are 4 Capcom, 3 Namco, and 2 Square costumes left.

Capcom: Megaman X, Megaman .EXE, Monster Hunter, Rathalos
Namco: Lloyd, Heihachi, Gil
Square: Geno, Chocobo

So far it seems like Nintendo's been bundling two returning costumes at a time: (Tails & Knuckles) (Protoman & Zero) (Akira & Jacky).

With Namco having an odd number, Heihachi missing from Terry's pack was really interesting. It would break the pattern, but any of those Namco costumes could show up solo in a grab bag or with another character somewhere down the line. For example, Sakurai may want to add another fighting game rep like Sol Badguy or Scorpion, and Heihachi could show up there. More likely though, I think either Lloyd or Heihachi arrives at some point with the costume of Gil and the other returning. It's possible that, like Isabelle and K. Rool, Lloyd or Heihachi's costume may also return alongside a full fighter.

For Capcom, it could be that we're getting two additional fighters (one per pass) or one new fighter with the remaining costumes showing up with a different character. I'm leaning somewhat to two additional fighters because there are so many requested Capcom characters (Jill/Leon, Dante, Phoenix, Amaterasu, Monster Hunter, Viewtiful Joe, etc.).

For Square, Geno and Chocobo not returning with Hero continues to be suspicious. Another Square rep (probably Geno) seems extremely likely post pass.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
The only characters who could get promoted to playable fighters are:

Rex (most likely with Pyra and Mythra) and Waluigi.

Sakurai said Rex was too late, but he is not too late anymore so no excuse left.

Reggie said Nintendo will tell Sakurai Waluigi is wanted. If Nintendo begs Sakurai to make Walugi playable, why wouldnt he do it? I am 100% sure Waluigi would be the most sold DLC character and I am sure Nintendo knows this too. Casuals love Waluigi!

Other than these 2, I dont see other Nintendo character getting promotion. Maaaybe some characters like Dixie Kong or Octolings as echoes but I dont feel it.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Saw people sharing their wants for Ultimate , can't find the OG post to quote it...

First parties : Waluigi , Captain Toad , Fawful , Paper Mario , Dark Bowser (echo) , Koopa Kid (Bowser Jr. echo) / Dixie Kong / Midna , Ghirahim , Tetra , Agitha , Linkle , Tingle , Vaati (human form) / Kamek (Yoshi rep) / Bandana Waddle Dee , Daroach , Magolor , Marx / James Mc Cloud (Fox echo) , Slippy Toad , peppy Hare , Krystal / Lopunny , Gardevoir , Keldeo , Mimikyu , Meowth / Ninten , Porky , Duster , Kumatora / Black Shadow (Melee Ganondorf with some tweaking) / Anna , Lyn , Hector , Henry , Tiki , Camilla / (Retros) Takamaru , Ayumi Tachibana / Viridi , Hades / Ashley / Louie with Titan Dweevil , Brittany/Charlie (Olimar echo with rock pikmins and Pikmin 3 upgrades) / Tom Nook / Glass Joe , Doc Louis / Elma , Rex and Aegesis / Isaac , Saki Amamiya , Starfy , Spring Man , Yuri (fatal frame) , Barista or Chorus Kids , Dillon , Chibi-Robo.

Third parties : Dr. Eggman , Shadow , Tails , Knuckles , Metal Sonic , Silver , Blaze / Proto-Man , Zero / Miss Pac-Man (Pac-Man echo with a different bonus fruit roulette) / Bibi (FF9) or Black Mage / Jeanne , Father Balder , Loki / Alucard / Gruntilda , Conkers , Yooka-Laylee / Ai-Ai , Billy Hatcher , NiGHTS / Bomber-Man / Zack and Wiki , Frank West , Morrigan , Viewtiful Joe , Phoenix Wright / Klonoa , Prince Katamari / Geno , Mallow , Agnès / Wonder Red / Crash Bandicoot , Coco Bandicoot (echo) / Rayman , Rabbid Peach , Jade / Sans , Frisk , Papyrus / Zizou Olympia / Sash Lilac.

Seem silly to want so many characters but... I'm honestly not "expecting" anyone. My mindset is "Pick someone in my list , and I'll be very happy."
I have Banjo-Kazooie , and it already mean the world to me , so I have less expectations now.
Is this your most wanted list or is it all from the general thread?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
owjies owjies That's basically what I'm thinking. That "rule of 6" brought up yesterday possibly has something to it considering Hero's weirdly missing two Mii costumes and Terry is missing one, which just coincidentally happens to be the only remaining fighting game Mii costume rep left.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
The only characters who could get promoted to playable fighters are:

Rex (most likely with Pyra and Mythra) and Waluigi.

Sakurai said Rex was too late, but he is not too late anymore so no excuse left.

Reggie said Nintendo will tell Sakurai Waluigi is wanted. If Nintendo begs Sakurai to make Walugi playable, why wouldnt he do it? I am 100% sure Waluigi would be the most sold DLC character and I am sure Nintendo knows this too. Casuals love Waluigi!

Other than these 2, I dont see other Nintendo character getting promotion. Maaaybe some characters like Dixie Kong or Octolings as echoes but I dont feel it.
Disagree. But I’d be happy to see Rex promoted.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Jesus fine I'll stay on topic.
Anyways I see someone like Dante being revealed as the 5th fighter at the VGA

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Stuff like sprits.

As in literally new to Smash, meaning they've never been in a Smash game before. Most on the hypothetical "list" fall in this category.
So the lack of spirits post-game can be an indicator of future DLC (thinking mostly on Astral Chain)?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
owjies owjies That's basically what I'm thinking. That "rule of 6" brought up yesterday possibly has something to it considering Hero's weirdly missing two Mii costumes and Terry is missing one, which just coincidentally happens to be the only remaining fighting game Mii costume rep left.
I think that theory is solid. The missing costumes are clear exceptions that raise some huge red flags. I said for the entire first half of the year that if the Geno costume didn’t return with Erdrick (Hero) then I’m all in.

I’m all in.

OffBi

Smash Ace
You're intentionally making a clown out of yourself by poking the bear. Don't do that. Seriously.
How so?
There is a game on 4chan were they will say
"Watch this 7 or 6" and if their number post ends with their number, they kinda win I guess, so I thought that it would be kinda funny if someone screencaped the post and posted it on the thread and the number just happens to be that one

StarLight42

Smash Lord
when 4chan users leave 4chan, their pp shrinks tenfold and so does their ego. That's why they act so tough only on that site, because they're cowering behind the door of anonymity.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
How so?
"Watch this 7 or 6" and if their number post ends with their number, they kinda win I guess, so I thought that it would be kinda funny if someone screencaped the post and posted it on the thread and the number just happens to be that one
to be quite honest, the comment you made reminded me of this https://youtu.be/hBtMBOKLt7s?t=205
Phew i hope i don't get in trouble for this.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Honestly I’m just kind of surprised that characters who have spirits that become playable are considered promotions. I never really thought of spirits deconfirming anyone because there are characters who have basic spirits and then also have a Fighter Spirit.

So I never saw that as a problem for Geno. When he becomes playable he’d just get a Fighter Spirit.

When I think of character promotions I think more in terms of AT’s because those I feel are more damning for characters.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who has no idea what the Gil costume is?
All I know is it's from Tower of Druaga or something like that. I've never heard of that character before the Mii costume and....still haven't heard of whoever they are after the fact. I'm willing to bet this was one of Sakurai's "for fun" Mii costumes, and not an actual contender for a Smash spot.

T2by4

Smash Lord
How so?
This. Not sure why everyone is getting so upset. Yall are softies good lord.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So the lack of spirits post-game can be an indicator of future DLC (thinking mostly on Astral Chain)?
Not exactly. Based on the hypothetical "list", the release cut off is about the same as Joker/Luminary, in other words, if the character didn't exist before Ultimate started development, they're probably not coming outside of the possibility of curve balls. It's my own speculation but they're probably doing this to be "fair" because they've already said that several characters missed the deadline to be playable so adding someone created in 2018 or 2019 would fly in the face of that.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
he is Gilgamesh from Tower od Druega
All I know is it's from Tower of Druaga or something like that. I've never heard of that character before the Mii costume and....still haven't heard of whoever they are after the fact. I'm willing to bet this was one of Sakurai's "for fun" Mii costumes, and not an actual contender for a Smash spot.
Thats an oddly deep cut for smash, I think

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So does the list apply to just post pass or FP5 as well? And will there still be a good chance of a Joker like curveball at the VGAs?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
My only problem with the 6 theory is that it operates under the assumption that capcom and bamco can't be #5 because the fighters were decided before the costumes were moved meaning they would have come something to squeeze them in. So either it's not geno doom Crash ryu capcom and namco or the onsiders got bad info and it's Ryu like the poster claimed. Not feeling that confident about either though I definitely believe costumes have been moved around.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So does the list apply to just post pass or FP5 as well? And will there still be a good chance of a Joker like curveball at the VGAs?
Presumably 5 and beyond. Like I said a page or two back, in my opinion 5 has been all but narrowed down to 2 or just somebody that nobody has heard of like in the case of Terry or Joker. There's a couple of big names behind the scenes that imply they already know so I'm steering more towards the 2 because it lines up with how a lot of people knew about Hero and Banjo beforehand.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Not exactly. Based on the hypothetical "list", the release cut off is about the same as Joker/Luminary, in other words, if the character didn't exist before Ultimate started development, they're probably not coming outside of the possibility of curve balls. It's my own speculation but they're probably doing this to be "fair" because they've already said that several characters missed the deadline to be playable so adding someone created in 2018 or 2019 would fly in the face of that.
Hmm okay. I wondered if potential inclusion could happen concidering they never got any sprits but the Daemon x Machina did (the same question could be asked about LoZ: A got but not 3H but I digress..) If AC is truly out of the question, then I wonder the reason for it. It¨s not a hard time adding what is basically JPGs after all

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Hmm well if luminary is the cutoff point then that's july 29th 2017. So that would put rex and all the switch stuff from this year out of the running. Honestly this just makes me ever more confused who brand new 1st party character additions could be that about cleans up the obvious ones.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would echoes count for "curveballs" past the cutoff date since they're easier to make? I.e. Octoling, Kasumi Yoshizawa?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmm okay. I wondered if potential inclusion could happen concidering they never got any sprits but the Daemon x Machina did (the same question could be asked about LoZ: A got but not 3H but I digress..) If AC is truly out of the question, then I wonder the reason for it. It¨s not a hard time adding what is basically JPGs after all
Like I said, I think it's a matter of "fairness" because Sakurai has already apologized for Rex and Spring Man and they came out in 2017. Despite that, I keep saying the names I've heard aren't absolutely definite, it's super unlikely that all of them will make it, and there's a decent chance of a "surprise" or two at some point. As for me, and you all can drag me for this later if I'm wrong, I'm currently not expecting anyone from Three Thrones, Sword and Shield, Astral Chain, etc.

Add in: there's been zero talks of Echoes.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Are we misreading your statement Fatman? Are these first party characters really mostly characters who have never been in smash period, no spirit, no assist, no nothing?

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Like I said, I think it's a matter of "fairness" because Sakurai has already apologized for Rex and Spring Man and they came out in 2017. Despite that, I keep saying the names I've heard aren't absolutely definite, it's super unlikely that all of them will make it, and there's a decent chance of a "surprise" or two at some point. As for me, and you all can drag me for this later if I'm wrong, I'm currently not expecting anyone from Three Thrones, Sword and Shield, Astral Chain, etc.

Add in: there's been zero talks of Echoes.
Well I’m perfectly fine with no More FE or Pokémon characters, but that’s just me. I think those series are represented well enough.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Does anyone here have a list of who dodged the spirit list? With new releases and echoes out of the running seems like the best place to start.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Well I’m perfectly fine with no More FE or Pokémon characters, but that’s just me. I think those series are represented well enough.
True, though i wish they added a fire emblem character that would diversify the series such as Caeda, Anna, Tiki, and Micaiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom