• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Everyway. How's everyone been doing lately? It must have been a month or two since I popped my head out.

Smash Speculation drove me insane so i've been taking breaks.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
While we're at it, how about Reader Rabbit?

And the Muncher?

Dude Super Munchers was on every computer in my first elementary school (we mostly did math stuff with it tho)

ok but also consider: MUSEUM MADNESS

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
sup guys

i was thinkin of geno the other day and browsing around. and i felt inspired to write a quick little ode to our puppet boi. hope you guys like and hope our time is soon

do you feel it? the hope we share
the winds of hype surround us, lifting to the air
beneath us dreams come to life, like the bird and bear
the journeys nigh complete, were almost there
look ahead for content, to download
i believe well meet a warrior, from star road
will it b a beam, a whirl, perhaps a boost?
from a longtime friend, newly introduced
when he arrives im ready for a blast
the embodiment of nostalgias past
naysayers slander, call us a minority
they underestimate our ally from a higher authority
i say, this speculation is like a maze
like where we found a puppet back in younger days
til then, i wait patiently and dare say
that the time will come, that geno makes his way

D

Deleted member

There's something that I realized I needed from Ultimate.

When all the DLC is finished, when all is said and done. The speculation is over, the waiting is over, and we have that final presentation to send off the active work on the game to let it go on its own and maintain its own active community, there's one last thing I want to see to end off the game's content and updates.

One final trailer. Not to show off any new character or mode, no.

I need the final trailer to be the Everyone is Here trailer... but with literally everyone. I want it to show off all the characters with their numbers, all the stages and how many of them the game ended with, a massive collection of all the spirits added to the game and their total count, all the modes with brief snippets of gameplay for each, every Mii Fighter costume, a brief look at the massive song list with the total number of songs in the game, all the bosses, all the items, all the Assist Trophies, and all the Pokemon.

At the very end, they show off that beautiful poster with all the characters on it.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Good grief, it would probably be enough to make a grown man cry. And we'd never ask Sakurai for anything ever again, other than him taking a break from Smash to make something else. Just... just let us have this game for around a decade or so, and then we'll let you know if we really want another. At that point, I think we might still agree that Ultimate should be the last Smash game for a long time. It is the only other Smash game, outside of Melee, to retain all the characters from a previous game.

I remember the good ol' days, where we thought Brawl would be Ultimate (with our old, frickin' 60+ character fan-made rosters). And then we thought Sm4sh would be Ultimate. But no, the honor of being Ultimate belongs to Ultimate. And it should remain that way.
I would cry. Straight up even if I don't get any characters I want here on out I would cry that would be such a heart warming and beautiful Trailer/Montage and this DLC cycle has been very fun with a lot of good memories behind it. It would be such an amazing and heartwarming trailer looking back at E3 2018 with Ridley and Daisy, The 2018 August Direct with King K. Rool, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus to all the way up until now and beyond. Absolutely beautiful.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Since we're posting our Geno song lists, I gotta chime in with my optimal lineup

I picked 8, as in how many songs came with Hero

1. Beware The Forest's Mushrooms
2. Fight Against an Armed Boss
3. Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger Monster
4. The Road is Full of Dangers
5. Still, The Road is Full of Dangers
6. Let's Go Down the Wine River
7. Happy Parade, Delightful Parade
8. Fight Against Smithy

Obviously, Fight Against Culex would be epic as hell, but Square says no no to Final Fantasy music

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Everyway. How's everyone been doing lately? It must have been a month or two since I popped my head out.

Smash Speculation drove me insane so i've been taking breaks.
well we're waiting to see terry pop up and show us #5 any day now, which we now have absolutely no idea who it could be since the insiders shot down all our front runners. You really didn't miss much

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
well we're waiting to see terry pop up and show us #5 any day now, which we now have absolutely no idea who it could be since the insiders shot down all our front runners. You really didn't miss much
Speaking of Terry, I personally still think he will be released this week, despite the lack of a 7/11 ad. Maybe the fifth character would be revealed soon after.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
When we gonna get the dude from Run and the duck from Duck Life :ultpacman:

Also hey we hit 1600! Cant believe we’ve made that much in less than a month
Edit: words

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It always amazes me how much more active this place is compared to other support threads.

Take note, Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

It always amazes me how much more active this place is compared to other support threads.

Take note, Nintendo.
Well this kinda feels more like a Geno social thread than a Geno support thread at times and the fanbase is really really dedicated so while I'm not surprised I'm also a bit proud.

I swear we'll get to 100k before Geno gets revealed (assuming he's not starting the post-FP DLC/FP2) if he does end up in the game.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
been gone for so long, but have been wanting to hear concrete things about our star boi and have had to let it lie for awhile... him not making it in the first few DLC has made me lose hope for a bit, but i also have been playing the crap out of the game. Still hoping, still waiting. He'll get here soon.

1600 hype though! I remember when we were getting so crazy about reaching 500 and 1000!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see that Brew is coming up again, so I just have to say:

When he turns out to be wrong, does that mean... Elfen Lied?

... Right then, I'll be going now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I see that Brew is coming up again, so I just have to say:

When he turns out to be wrong, does that mean... Elfen Lied?

... Right then, I'll be going now.
That's right...there's a door to your left.....think about what you've done......and don't come back in until you do. :troll:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
wow 1600, only 353 to go I'm stunned than in only a few months were already around halfway. While I really believe were going to get stopped by a reveal before we actually cross the finish line, I think we can all agree that's a pretty good problem to have.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
1600 pages, what a milestone!

Also someone mentioned Mario RPG songs earlier- and I think one that not many think of but I like is seaside town's theme :)

Grumbo

Smash Ace
wow 1600, only 353 to go I'm stunned than in only a few months were already around halfway. While I really believe were going to get stopped by a reveal before we actually cross the finish line, I think we can all agree that's a pretty good problem to have.
There’s a goal set for 1853?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
There’s a goal set for 1853?
in july or august, I forget, we overtook the 2nd largest support thread on the site, K.rool for smash 4. Now we're on track to pass #1, the ridley support thread for smash 4 which hit 1952 pages before being shut down by the mods. None of this actually means anything but it's a fun way to gauge how far we've come.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Also someone mentioned Mario RPG songs earlier- and I think one that not many think of but I like is seaside town's theme :)
Yep, that someone was me. :laugh:

And Seaside Town is a great choice.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Another fun fact is we cranked out these past 100 pages in only 19 days, that's insane I think I might just reel back my prediction from march to january if our pace keeps at anything close to this.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
in july or august, I forget, we overtook the 2nd largest support thread on the site, K.rool for smash 4. Now we're on track to pass #1, the ridley support thread for smash 4 which hit 1952 pages before being shut down by the mods. None of this actually means anything but it's a fun way to gauge how far we've come.
Thats a pretty good goal, but I kinda hope we dont hit it, in a good way of course. Also i just noticed my egregious counting mistake.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm looking forward to the idea that Geno could be soon. How soon? Idk. But soon.

On a side note, if you could change one thing about your main, what would it be?

link2702

Smash Champion
If we hit that goal lets at least ensure it’s meaningful discussion in some fashion. We shouldn’t just spam our way there just for bragging rights....

link2702

Smash Champion
it’s very difficult for me to say just “one” thing, cuz my main really needs some work. Three off the top of my head are he needs *something* to reliably deal with projectile zoners. Matchups like the belmonts, samus/dark samus, and ESPECIALLY duckhunt are hell, damn near unwinnable. He also needs old ganoncide back, where he always dies 2nd from it. Now people no longer have to be cautious near him at the ledge if both are last stock, and they can go pretty aggressive against him off stage at that point, and another reason for that....is the third thing he needs fixed; people should no longer be able to wall tech his(or falcons) up special any more. His recovery is bad enough, and yet one of the things that was supposed to help deter folks from going after him as he’s recovering essentially guarantees his death. Wall tech dark dive and you get a guaranteed free punish on ganon ensuring at that point that he won’t make it back.

If i had to choose i guess it’d be to make it so you could never wall tech his up special, he really shouldn’t be hard punished for landing his attack during his recovery. It should be a move to make people hesitant to challenge him while he’s recovering, not encourage them. His recovery is pretty awful as is, so let’s not make it worse.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm looking forward to the idea that Geno could be soon. How soon? Idk. But soon.

On a side note, if you could change one thing about your main, what would it be?
For the love of god ditch that stupid punch and let cap use his sidearm he been wearing for over 20 years.

Reversing a lot of the weird edits they made this entry that wrecks his grab and combo game would be nice too.

**** while I'm at it how about that back dash the shoto's are hoarding?

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

I'd have Cheato double the amount of times I can use Wonderwing in one stock. :4pacman:

Or on a serious note, I'd probably increase the range of the eggs fired by the Breegull Blaster by a bit. Other than that, Banjo and Kazooie are a really fun addition that had me as hyped as I am for Geno now.

Seaside Town is also great!

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm disappointed in you all...

You keep listing SMRPG music for Smash, but none of you fools include Docaty Mountain Railroad.

Seriously, just like vs. Mr. Patch was perfect as-in for Smash, so is Docaty Mountain Railroad. I wouldn't mind a remix, but either way it's perfect for Smash.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
playing that video forsaken posted makes the jevil in CJ's sig look like he's dancing in time to the music lol.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120

ProGive young link a spike, like his BAir or something.
For music, how about this?

As well as this:

Totally forgot about culex's theme. Thats also up there for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom