• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I have a bad feeling geno with continue the trend and is only getting 2 songs in true square fashion, and as such it's pretty much already locked to beware the forest's mushrooms and battle with an armed boss. My number 3 would absolutely be booster tower "and my name's Booster" though, that track's amazing.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
As long as we get armed boss im content. I love that song (and the silly JoJo remix)

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
My hopes for SMRPG music were definitely raised after seeing Dragon Quest receive more than two songs.
Me too, even more so when you consider Dragon Quest's composer is apparently not the easiest guy to work with. Shimomura definitely doesn't seem to be like that and even if it's Square who owns the rights to the soundtrack, they seem more willing to play ball now, so things are looking good either way

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
As long as we get armed boss im content. I love that song (and the silly JoJo remix)
yeah luckily for me forest maze and armed boss would probably be my choices for inclusion anyway so restriction or no I'm not too concerned.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Did something happen to Vr Plant? he has been quiet lately
Not much to say and Nintendo's been up the ass of its employees regarding leaks for awhile. VR's position in Nintendo gives him access to stuff that most people don't have so they have to be extra careful because, compared to most leakers, they'd be a lot easier to narrow down.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Not much to say and Nintendo's been up the ass of its employees regarding leaks for awhile. VR's position in Nintendo gives him access to stuff that most people don't have so they have to be extra careful because, compared to most leakers, they'd be a lot easier to narrow down.
Same is true for Sabi's NOA source, which is why we don't hear much from him these days.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Wasn't there a time where someone tried to pose as him while making a fake leak, possibly on 4Chan, if that was the place?
Yep, that was the infamous Jonesy leak, which Sabi was acting really weird about. Apparently she was just ****posting, but that's why i'm kinda iffy on her now. Call Vergeben or PapaGenos "boring" but I appreciate that they maintain professionalism so that no misinformation is spread.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
That makes sense to me, it must be quite risky now to release important information behind Nintendo's backs, what the leakers least need is both losing their jobs and receiving a lawsuit.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I am so disappointed in all of you. Isn't it obvious that the Disney video game character would be the Penguin from Club Penguin and not Sora? smh you guys:ultpacman:
Now the "Everyone is Here!" slogan isn't just false advertising.

Club Penguin bois, rise up!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yep, that was the infamous Jonesy leak, which Sabi was acting really weird about. Apparently she was just ****posting, but that's why i'm kinda iffy on her now. Call Vergeben or PapaGenos "boring" but I appreciate that they maintain professionalism so that no misinformation is spread.
Ah, I thought that would be Brew. I am still wondering why Sabi acted weird about that whole scenario back then.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Another could be a puffle jumping around and it changes color for each skin
Wait, Puffle fits with Companion theory and you can make your penguin orange so that matches with Color theory.

I've cracked the code guys, Penguin from Club Penguin is in! :ultpacman:

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I mean... There's nothing wrong with Ryu potentially being 76, especially since 77 is already loaded in the hypothetical cannon. People seem split on whether he actually knows anything or if he's full on dedicated to going down with the ship. Doesn't affect Geno either way aside from hypothetically pushing him back.

Also, just to further emphasize why I'm so vague, the guy who was leaking Sword and Shield has already been caught and will likely have the legal equivalent of having his face dragged through gravel in the coming days.
If it’s ok to share here, how exactly did he get caught?

D

Deleted member

So, besides the extremely obvious choice of 'Beware the Forest's Mushrooms', what other songs would you guys pick to accompany Geno and his stage?

I'm thinking:

• Fight Against Monsters
  • Still, The Road is Full of Dangers
  • Fight Against an Armed Boss
  • Grandpa and the Delightful Tadpoles
  • Rose Town
  • Slope
  • Fight Against Culex (wishful thinking since it's a song from FF4, but still)
  • Barrel Volcano
  • Fight Against Smithy
I'd add Goodbye Geno/Geno awakens as a medley, A general SMRPG medley and Booster's tower but otherwise it's pretty much perfect.

Also obviously Fight Against an Armed Boss and Beware the forests Mushrooms get both their original counterpart plus a remix.

D

Deleted member

I'd add Goodbye Geno/Geno awakens as a medley, A general SMRPG medley and Booster's tower but otherwise it's pretty much perfect.

Also obviously Fight Against an Armed Boss and Beware the forests Mushrooms get both their original counterpart plus a remix.
I agree with these choices.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I didn't consider medleys or remixes at first because Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest didn't receive any.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , is Penguin from Club Penguin going to be in Smash?:ultpacman:
Opinions? Any insider speculation?

Also, Geno as a Penguin clone would be mind-numbing
I'm probably going to go to jail for leaking but... Yes... Penguin from Club Penguin is coming to Smash. Pajama Sam. Math Blaster. Mavis Beacon. All of them are coming to Smash.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

Oh **** I forgot about Geno Awakens! I've sinned.

I always thought it'd work beautifully in the beginning of Geno's trailer for obvious reasons, then transitioning into Beware the Forest's Mushrooms in the gameplay portion. Maybe both could be part of a medley of sorts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Fatman thinks he can skip out on the Invisible Man himself

7DC51232-9EDA-449A-8D25-A258E9E5CB90.gif

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm probably going to go to jail for leaking but... Yes... Penguin from Club Penguin is coming to Smash. Pajama Sam. Math Blaster. Mavis Beacon. All of them are coming to Smash.
What about the main character from Treasure Mountain, this game?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
...Sorry Geno, but you're old news now.

I'll never ask Mashed potato Samurai for anything ever again.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
So long good sir, at least rest easy behind those pesky bars knowing you were the one who leaked the greatest news in the history of Smash.

I'm disappointed by the lack of Putt Putt though.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
There's something that I realized I needed from Ultimate.

When all the DLC is finished, when all is said and done. The speculation is over, the waiting is over, and we have that final presentation to send off the active work on the game to let it go on its own and maintain its own active community, there's one last thing I want to see to end off the game's content and updates.

One final trailer. Not to show off any new character or mode, no.

I need the final trailer to be the Everyone is Here trailer... but with literally everyone. I want it to show off all the characters with their numbers, all the stages and how many of them the game ended with, a massive collection of all the spirits added to the game and their total count, all the modes with brief snippets of gameplay for each, every Mii Fighter costume, a brief look at the massive song list with the total number of songs in the game, all the bosses, all the items, all the Assist Trophies, and all the Pokemon.

At the very end, they show off that beautiful poster with all the characters on it.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Good grief, it would probably be enough to make a grown man cry. And we'd never ask Sakurai for anything ever again, other than him taking a break from Smash to make something else. Just... just let us have this game for around a decade or so, and then we'll let you know if we really want another. At that point, I think we might still agree that Ultimate should be the last Smash game for a long time. It is the only other Smash game, outside of Melee, to retain all the characters from a previous game.

I remember the good ol' days, where we thought Brawl would be Ultimate (with our old, frickin' 60+ character fan-made rosters). And then we thought Sm4sh would be Ultimate. But no, the honor of being Ultimate belongs to Ultimate. And it should remain that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom