• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, if we exclude Joker since he was pretty much a character Sakurai wanted himself, all of the Fighter Pass characters can be argued to specifically appeal to one part of the world. For Japan, it was the Dragon Quest heroes easily with Banjo and Kazooie pretty much being HUGE for American audiences. Terry and SNK as a whole are very popular in Latin and South America. One of the reasons why I'm leaning more towards Layton as potentially our 5th fighter is because the series is huge in not just Japan, but Europe especially.
Personally I'm leaning towards an MMO character who? I don't know possibly a WoW character as games like those are apparently fairly big in Asian countries (excluding Japan) which Sakurai and co. might want to reach into their demographic. Prof. Layton could definitely happen as well and I may be wrong.

I'd be fine with either and both of those two are my current predictions one or the other as FP5 and all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Personally I'm leaning towards an MMO character who? I don't know possibly a WoW character as games like those are apparently fairly big in Asian countries (excluding Japan) which Sakurai and co. might want to reach into their demographic. Prof. Layton could definitely happen as well and I may be wrong.

I'd be fine with either and both of those two are my current predictions one or the other as FP5 and all.
An MMO character seems unlikely to me. Theyre always heavily customizable and the majority of these would cease to exist if game servers went down

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Stop tempting me I've been so good!
Theres some pretty neat ones on there but definitely a few stinkers. I wont give any specifics but we’ve got some new animals/concepts/type match ups

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
So Nintendo once again totally leaked fighter 5 for real. I know Square are supposedly difficult and I’m glad we at least will get a stage and music (no more than two tracks of course) but damn... :ultpacman:
B6680487-3E8F-4195-819F-9924C43F1B3C.jpeg

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Why does a lot of people believe there will be a pattern with the whole Season Pass? Pattern being either: It reachs towards this demographic, the characters representing a different color, all characters in the Pass being 3rd party, ect. Sakurai makes his own rules and with him there is really no such thing as a pattern. Anything that appears to be a pattern is just a mere coincidence.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Theres some pretty neat ones on there but definitely a few stinkers. I wont give any specifics but we’ve got some new animals/concepts/type match ups
Thanks for not spoiling much. Seems like people have been complaining so much it's hard to know whether I'll like them or not. But I love most of the ones they've shown plus some that others have sent me being spoiling buttholes.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So, besides the extremely obvious choice of 'Beware the Forest's Mushrooms', what other songs would you guys pick to accompany Geno and his stage?

I'm thinking:

• Fight Against Monsters
  • Still, The Road is Full of Dangers
  • Fight Against an Armed Boss
  • Grandpa and the Delightful Tadpoles
  • Rose Town
  • Slope
  • Fight Against Culex (wishful thinking since it's a song from FF4, but still)
  • Barrel Volcano
  • Fight Against Smithy

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Yep, Ryu’s probably Fighter 76...

Guess we’ll have to wait longer to find out Geno’s fate. :( Still wondering when if ever that Mii costume leak will pan out.

I’m not going to ping him, but i’d be interested in knowing Fatmanonice’s opinion on Brew’s latest stance

Attachments

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

Guess we’ll have to wait longer to find out Geno’s fate. :( Still wondering when if ever that Mii costume leak will pan out.

I’m not going to ping him, but i’d be interested in knowing Fatmanonice’s opinion on Brew’s latest stance
Pretty sure his words were debunked a lot. Sabi's source has yet to be wrong, so I'm not counting on Ryu for a while.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Um...how credible is this guy, exactly?

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, besides the extremely obvious choice of 'Beware the Forest's Mushrooms', what other songs would you guys pick to accompany Geno and his stage?

I'm thinking:

• Fight Against Monsters
  • Rose Town
  • Slope
  • Barrel Volcano
  • Fight Against Smithy
Those would pretty much be the songs I'd think of also.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Thanks for not spoiling much. Seems like people have been complaining so much it's hard to know whether I'll like them or not. But I love most of the ones they've shown plus some that others have sent me being spoiling buttholes.
Yeah I feel bad for everyone avoiding spoilers. Im probably skipping the game myself but I think theres enough quality ones to make a team entirely new mons and not have type repeats

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Pretty sure his words were debunked a lot. Sabi's source has yet to be wrong, so I'm not counting on Ryu for a while.
Sabi’s source only said Ryu wasn’t #5, never said he couldn’t be #6.

What Brew’s saying could still end up true even with Sabi’s source in play. Ryu announced as DLC #6 sometime in late 2019.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

Did Brew said anything about Geno at all?

Grumbo

Smash Ace

Um...how credible is this guy, exactly?
I really dont trust Brew. All he has under his belt is pirahna plant the day before and he was the one who told shifty Ryu is #4 (and that didnt pan out. All the other leakers, and far more credible ones at that, say ryu is likely but not coming for a bit

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I really dont trust Brew. All he has under his belt is pirahna plant the day before and he was the one who told shifty Ryu is #4 (and that didnt pan out. All the other leakers, and far more credible ones at that, say ryu is likely but not coming for a bit
I've never even heard of the guy until now.

Vergeben is the only leaker that I have any faith in at the moment, though.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight

I'm thinking:

• Fight Against Monsters
  • Rose Town
  • Slope
  • Barrel Volcano
  • Fight Against Smithy
Let's Go Down the Wine River is among my favorites in the game. I also believe that Geno's leitmotif deserves a place in the game with a Geno Awakens/Goodbye Geno medley.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Franco Geno Franco Geno Brew's actually a pretty friendly fellow and he responds to DMs/Tweets, so I could ask him if he's heard anything new regarding Geno, but i'm pretty sure he probably hasn't and his stance is still the same, so i'd rather not bother him at the moment.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Verge, Sabi, Sabi's NOA source, and VR Plant for me. Anyone else I really don't pay any attention too.
Sabi lost a ton of respect from me after her incident involving a certain Daisy fanatic.

That, and she seems too egotistical and is constantly attention seeking. Vergeben doesn't bother with teasing leaks nearly as much as she does.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Sabi lost a ton of respect from me after her incident involving a certain Daisy fanatic.

That, and she seems too egotistical and is constantly attention seeking. Vergeben doesn't bother with teasing leaks nearly as much as she does.
Sabi's behavior has been really weird as of late even though she was apparently just ****posting with the whole Jonesy Fortnite thing it really threw me off guard because it sounded like she was being sincere, and Vergeben doesn't make bold claims of his own anymore it seems, he usually piggybacks off of other notable leaks/leakers.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I mean... There's nothing wrong with Ryu potentially being 76, especially since 77 is already loaded in the hypothetical cannon. People seem split on whether he actually knows anything or if he's full on dedicated to going down with the ship. Doesn't affect Geno either way aside from hypothetically pushing him back.

Also, just to further emphasize why I'm so vague, the guy who was leaking Sword and Shield has already been caught and will likely have the legal equivalent of having his face dragged through gravel in the coming days.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Franco Geno Franco Geno Brew's actually a pretty friendly fellow and he responds to DMs/Tweets, so I could ask him if he's heard anything new regarding Geno, but i'm pretty sure he probably hasn't and his stance is still the same, so i'd rather not bother him at the moment.
That's great although maybe that thing about Geno coming in a joking manner was a hint?

Grumbo

Smash Ace

Papagenos is one I think pretty trust worthy. He’s not a leaker but he has a ton of contacts and he vets what he puts out. He was certain of Banjo back around the grinch leak and maintained it, he’s had various smaller bits come to him, and he was the one who first introduced everyone to VR plant, who is an insider that has been 100% percent correct but has only leaked smaller things.

Right now he has a source who gave him a mii costume list of Goemon, Rocket Grunt, Zero, and Protoman, as well as the missing chocobo hat and Smithy and Mallow miis. This is seemingly a soft leak of Geno. This same guy also said Crash for number 5, but has now backed down a bit and said he’ll be later.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Wasn't he the one to end the SNK speculation by coming out and saying it was Terry?
From what I recall, Sabi was heavily hinting at it beforehand, and even GameXplain posted a picture of a Terry hat and said "ready to Smash?" before Vergeben said anything

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I mean... There's nothing wrong with Ryu potentially being 76, especially since 77 is already loaded in the hypothetical cannon. People seem split on whether he actually knows anything or if he's full on dedicated to going down with the ship. Doesn't affect Geno either way aside from hypothetically pushing him back.

Also, just to further emphasis why I'm so vague, the guy who was leaking Sword and Shield has already been caught and will likely have the legal equivalent of having his face dragged through gravel in the coming days.
F in the chat for the leaker

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Papagenos is one I think pretty trust worthy. He’s not a leaker but he has a ton of contacts and he vets what he puts out. He was certain of Banjo back around the grinch leak and maintained it, he’s had various smaller bits come to him, and he was the one who first introduced everyone to VR plant, who is an insider that has been 100% percent correct but has only leaked smaller things.

Right now he has a source who gave him a mii costume list of Goemon, Rocket Grunt, Zero, and Protoman, as well as the missing chocobo hat and Smithy and Mallow miis. This is seemingly a soft leak of Geno. This same guy also said Crash for number 5, but has now backed down a bit and said he’ll be later.
Huh, that's pretty interesting.

I admittedly haven't checked out much of PapaGeno's content but I've heard decent things about his reputation, so I might look into some of this for myself.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
He may have not always have been right but Verge has always been 100% up front on what he's told unless it's guaranteed to cost someone their job like the square list. I might not believe him half the time but with VR plant out he's about the only one that feels like their trying and I respect that.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

I'm thinking:

• Fight Against Monsters
  • Rose Town
  • Slope
  • Barrel Volcano
  • Fight Against Smithy
You won me over with Barrel Volcano alone, that theme absolutely slaps yet it doesn't get much recognition. The only changes I'd make would be swapping out Culex (though it'd be great on Midgar to bump up the number of FF tracks) with And My Name's Booster and possibly having Smithy as a medley of both his forms' themes.

SMRPG has so many good tracks it'd be a kind of a disservice to only have two of them like some folks expect imo.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Who is Brewbird Elfen again?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You won me over with Barrel Volcano alone, that theme absolutely slaps yet it doesn't get much recognition. The only changes I'd make would be swapping out Culex (though it'd be great on Midgar to bump up the number of FF tracks) with And My Name's Booster and possibly having Smithy as a medley of both his forms.

SMRPG had so many good tracks it'd be a kind of a disservice to only have two of them like some folks expect imo.
My hopes for SMRPG music were definitely raised after seeing Dragon Quest receive more than two songs.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Huh, that's pretty interesting.

I admittedly haven't checked out much of PapaGeno's content but I've heard decent things about his reputation, so I might look into some of this for myself.
He’s a cool guy. He’s been covering speculation since pretty much the beginning. He ocassionally stops by on the board if something big happens or he has new info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom