• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hot damn, And My Name's Booster is perfect as a straight rip too!

God, SMRPG music is JUST too GOOOD~!

I think if we got more than two tracks, my list would have to be as such.

!. BotFM. Could be straight rip or remix, or even give us both
2. FAAAB once again, could be either or both
-------------
3. Weapons Factory/Fight Against Smity/ Fight Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming Melody
4. Docaty Mountain Railroad, either straight rip or remix
5. And My Name's Booster, Straight rip or remix
6. Let's Go Down the Wine River/Let's Race/Slope remix, perhaps all three remixed into a melody
7. Remix of Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure, much like how the Banjo-Kazooie intro theme got a fitting remix

This is what I would think could based on the tone Sakurai went with B&K music for Smash.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm looking forward to the idea that Geno could be soon. How soon? Idk. But soon.

On a side note, if you could change one thing about your main, what would it be?
For Roy, give him the slow fall back on dancing blade. He really needs it given his sub par recovery (apply this to the other marths as well)

For Banjo, give the standard egg shot a bit more power. I very rarely use it, and even when I do, I cant do much of value with it.

And to expand it to my secondary, PLEASE give Ridley 8 directions on his up special. The thing is one of the most confusing moves to aim properly and I almost never use it in combat

StarLight42

Smash Lord
New developments on the Hayabusa 4chan leak I was discussing earlier

I'd explain stuff but this pretty much does everything justice.

Sabi's stances (from leaks and spec channel on PapaGenos' Discord):

Sabistance2.PNG

sabistance1.PNG

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
But they don't really realize, though...
This next verse, this next verse though?
These bars?
Watch this go.

View attachment 244856
View attachment 244855
Oh good, I'm not the only one who noticed the soccer ball thing. Yeah, this is all really interesting. If this all pans out, then I think we can safely say that Geno's most likely coming to Smash.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Cinderace art may be fan-art, apparently the Intelleon art was from someone’s DeviantArt. However, a link or name weren’t provided tbh so I don’t know, people claim this but don’t provide a source.

The 4chan leak is likely fake, they never add DLC assist trophies, and Minecraft ain’t gonna cost 5 dollars without Steve. And I really don’t think they’d tease Ryu Hayabusa without actually confirming him. The leak is unnecessary, anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 244856
View attachment 244855
I think what we have here is a Pokemon leak cleverly coated with enough BS to cover their tracks. I have very little faith in Crash given the NoA source we've heard of and I feel like Minecraft content is pure fanfiction at this point.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
The Cinderace art may be fan-art, apparently the Intelleon art was from someone’s DeviantArt. However, a link or name weren’t provided tbh so I don’t know, people claim this but don’t provide a source.

The 4chan leak is likely fake, they never add DLC assist trophies, and Minecraft ain’t gonna cost 5 dollars without Steve. And I really don’t think they’d tease Ryu Hayabusa without actually confirming him. The leak is unnecessary, anyway.
Yeah I hope it's fake. A Minecraft stage is cool and all but I really would prefer Steve as an actual fighter. Also apparently that bunny with a soccer ball is fan made.

Droodle

Smash Lord

It is VERY unlikely we get a General Nintendo Direct in November, let alone the 13th. The last time we got a direct in November was 4 years ago. The last time we got a general direct in both September and November was 6 years ago, and that was when Nintendo still had no idea what to do with directs.

If the leak had stated that it was a Smash specific direct, I could see it happening. But as it is, I think the leak is 99% false.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
so any new developments over the past few weeks or so? Been offline for quite awhile.

View attachment 244856
View attachment 244855
This sums up recent developments pretty nicely from what I can tell

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Upon further inspection, I'm starting to think that the 4chan post in the first image is a lie. (Suprising, isn't it?)

First off, while the descriptions of the starter Pokemon given are accurate to what we've seen of the final forms of the starters from recent leaks, it strikes me as odd that they'd would be showcased in this supposed Direct. Why would GameFreak show off the final forms rather than the middle forms, especially with how close to the chest they've been with new info?

Second, I find it unlikely that Sakurai and company would tease a new fighter's existence rather than giving them a full reveal as they've done for everyone else in the past. It's so weird. I mean, why tease a character instead of revealing them? Plus, a Minecraft Stage with an Assist Trophy, a Mii Costume, but no Steve? Yeah no, not happening.

Thirdly, the costumes listed in this post and by PapaGeno's source have some discrepencies. Both posts list Geese and Hao(h)maru costumes, but the 4chan list has a Metal Slug character, Byleth, and Akira from Astral Chain as costumes, whereas the list given by PapaGeno's source lists Nakoruru, Kyo, and specifically "Classic SNK Costumes", plural. Now while some may have doubts in PapaGeno's source, I'd much sooner trust that guy than some random 4chan post.

Speaking of, I'm very excited to hear more from PapaGeno's source. Hopefully these costumes all pan out, and hopefully one of those miscellaneous SNK costumes is a Martian from Metal Slug:
Mars-ngbc.jpg

Look at this happy little boy!

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
That Mii Costume looks SO ****ING GOOD

If this a mod, I seriously gotta give that guy props, this is EXACTLY what a Mallow mii should look like

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Definitely seems like an original Mallow and Cacodemon. Does anyone know if it's possible to make fan mods of Mii costumes?

It's not the Cacodemon from Quake Champions which looks like this:
https://images.contentful.com/rporu...ae77264cd601629b156a217e8589ad8/Cacodemon.jpg

Or the one from Doom 2016 that looks like this: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/doom/images/0/07/CACODEMON.png/revision/latest?cb=20160528022538

Just keep in mind the game has a lot of mods at this point, and given past fake leaks there's definitely people out there willing to put in several hours of work to make a fake leak, so like to model out hats like that. But they do look good. Maybe good enough to be professional? They look like "Smash style" to me at least. (Also they would need to have made it between now and late July when Yggdrasil's Altar came out)

So far everyone seems to agree that the models, at least, are original and not ripped from anywhere.

Here's a link to the videos:

http://is2.4chan.org/v/1572849990805.webm

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/587083772248326164/640801610032873483/1572849313689.webm

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Guys, I think Ken is fake, the timer is frozen and Pac-Man doesn’t have a shadow. He’s totally not in and Vergeben is wrong, there’s no way this stuff is due to bugs and debug mode. Pichu is off, too. Screw Box Theory.

If it´s not a mod, what if that Mii Costume is in the files or something?
It’d probably be datamined by now, and it’d be proven real because they wouldn’t be unused after being fully modeled, and they’d need to do negotiations for them.

Last edited:

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
The theory about the timer being stuck on 2:30.00 is that it's using a debug mode of some kind similar to the Ken leak.

https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/nEWOHmovpg7oCDVdjtIRF2H59vU6uH2telLvpGJlrXw/?fit=1280%2C720&ssl=1/https/i1.wp.com/www.nintendo-insider.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ken-leak-super-smash-bros-ultimate-screenshot.jpg?width=813&height=457

But, well that could be the fake-leaker doing that to try to get people to believe it. Doing the whole "I'll make it look more official by putting in this weird idiosyncracy that lines up with a past leak" thing. But well, we'll see I guess. I dunno.

Last edited:

P47

Smash Apprentice
It's possible that this is just a really high quality mod but HOLY CRAP either way.

Who would be released first if this was real? Geno or Doomguy?

EDIT: Also Mallow's puffyness makes me happy

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 244856
View attachment 244855
Some takeaways:
  • Personally, I doubt we'll get a general Direct this month.
  • Sabi's source (the one who knew about Terry for a month) already mentioned that Crash isn't the 5th fighters pass character.
  • A $4.99 Minecraft pack that has a stage but no Steve doesn't make sense.
  • As MisterMike MisterMike mentioned, it would be very unusual to tease a fighter before revealing them and wouldn't make sense.
  • Both Mii costume lists by the 4chan leak and PapaGeno's source are contradictory to each other. Both have the Geese and Haohmaru costumes but the rest is different from each other.
  • If there's a 4chan leak that has a ton of things on it about a Direct, it is almost guaranteed to be fake just like a vast majority of things on that site, though there have been some lucky ones in the past.
We'll find out later on if all of this adds up.

And as for the videos on the Mii costumes that have shown up recently that have the costumes, they do look convincing. I don't want to play the role of hype police, but we've seen some very convincing things that turned out to be fake (Rayman in Smash 4 is an example), so I'll wait until someone reliable says something about it or if there's further proof. Because chances are, those might be mods, though (which if it is, then I applaud the efforts of whoever made those).

As of right now, things are pointing towards Geno's direction as a later DLC character. I really do like the Mallow hat, though.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Definitely seems like an original Mallow and Cacodemon. Does anyone know if it's possible to make fan mods of Mii costumes?

It's not the Cacodemon from Quake Champions which looks like this:
https://images.contentful.com/rporu...ae77264cd601629b156a217e8589ad8/Cacodemon.jpg

Or the one from Doom 2016 that looks like this: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/doom/images/0/07/CACODEMON.png/revision/latest?cb=20160528022538

Just keep in mind the game has a lot of mods at this point, and given past fake leaks there's definitely people out there willing to put in several hours of work to make a fake leak, so like to model out hats like that. But they do look good. Maybe good enough to be professional? They look like "Smash style" to me at least. (Also they would need to have made it between now and late July when Yggdrasil's Altar came out)

So far everyone seems to agree that the models, at least, are original and not ripped from anywhere.

Here's a link to the videos:

http://is2.4chan.org/v/1572849990805.webm

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/587083772248326164/640801610032873483/1572849313689.webm
Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom