• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I'm shaking literally what just happened....
the Mallow costume is real what...
Not to sound like a Debbie Downer (no offense to Debbies in this thread) but it could be fake- there are really good fake leak makers. To be fair though, I'm saying that to stop myself from burning up if it's fake. It is fantastic-looking imo, and I hope with all my heart it's real.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
There’s a possibility that this was some really good modding. Ultimate modding and model edits are indeed possible right now. I’m skeptical but hopeful.

NanoGeno

Smash Rookie
Holy moly, it has been a while since I've been here. My Geno hopes died way back in December, but something in my heart brought me back here. Good to see you all again. And what interesting timing with this leak...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How the hell do I regularly wake up to stuff like this? Several people in the Discord are currently fact checking it so we should know if it's real or not by sometime later today. In the meantime, I'm going back to bed...

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
How the hell do I regularly wake up to stuff like this? Several people in the Discord are currently fact checking it so we should know if it's real or not by sometime later today. In the meantime, I'm going back to bed...
In the meantime...

Quick! Someone upload these to YouTube! If they get taken down, THEY'RE REAL.

Are they your top two too? It's giving me mad hope rn I can't even
Doom Slayer isn't in my top 2 (the second spot goes to Dante) but I have no qualms with Doom Slayer getting in.

Also, the concept of Doom Slayer and the Belmonts working together to destroy demons and other evil foes in quite hilarious.

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Hey all! Seems like things are heating up in here, so here's some info that could push this closer to real than fake. (I didn't come up with this on my own, someone on Discord pointed it out so I thought I'd reciprocate it here.)

The Cacodemon Hat looks to be specifically designed to look less gory than its original self, but still retains the classic look of the sprite. Either the fake leaker knew that Nintendo would most likely keep DOOM content at at most a E10+ or T rating, or it's real. I've been trying to keep a level head on this whole situation, but I can't help but get excited.

1572853676753.png

1572853723573.png

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Honestly I would just wait for a legit source to confirm or debunk whatever this is… it's super weird how they decide to show miis instead of the actual new rep, or how they mix up a doom one with a smrpg one… I dunno, this could be the next level of grinch leak for all I care, as hype as it seems please try to keep your hype checked. Keep hoping but dont let this be an actual lead since people modding Ultimate is a thing that exists already, we gotta wait and see if a legit source actually has a say on this or whatever.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Well so far nobody can disprove it. So take that for what it's worth. Nobody's been able to find anybody who made original mod mii costume items, not that it would be impossible to do given enough time, it might not have an "easy" way to do right now. There's no like examples anyone else could use for reference anyhow. Also the models seem to be original and high enough quality to be real (Most mods take models from other games and these don't look wildly out-of-character for Smash. Like they don't look over or under detailed).

It's almost 3AM here and people are going to sleep. If by tomorrow nobody's come out and claimed it to be their work, it could be real. (I would remain skeptical for now though. There's also the fact that like, why not just leak the characters if you're gonna leak something? Why leak something as flimsy as a hat that someone could potentially make just through building a mod? But maybe the leaker wanted to *hint* but not *give away* who future characters were.)

Last edited:

DIY

Smash Apprentice
I sincerely hope this leak is real. Ever since the Grinch leak, I have been skeptical of every leak I've heard and this is no exception. I think I've arrived at the point where I'm so shocked that I can't even allow myself to be stunned until I know for sure this thing is real. The faster this get confirmed or disproved, the faster I can exert my thoughts and feelings. Lol

Last edited:
One thing to keep note is that they would have to reveal two new characters at the same time if they both already have mii costumes. There’s a possibility it could either be doomguy or Geno and not both.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I can't say I am a supporter of Geno, mainly because because I never played the game he is from. The characters I am focused on are so far out of left field we might as well call them impossible, and I am so content with the roster at this point the next ten dlc characters could all be echo fighters of Marth and I would be just fine. That being said, with those leaks getting thrown around, I do hope you guys get the character you care about, like I did when Ridley was revealed. He at least originates from a Mario game, so it is as close to first party as this fighters pass is going to get. :p

I wish you the best.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Funny how they used Ken with the thumbs up and position on the right, just like the Ken leak photos that came out before release. Hope this is real, the Mallow looks dope.

Last edited:

dingusvondongus

Smash Rookie
I've been lurking in this thread for over a year, and given the circumstances, allow me to break the ice to say:

I'm rootin' for y'all.

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
One thing to keep note is that they would have to reveal two new characters at the same time if they both already have mii costumes. There’s a possibility it could either be doomguy or Geno and not both.
To be fair, the mii costumes we got for Bango were not exactly related to the fighter itself, they were just, neat additions. Though, it would be kind of weird to add Mallow and not Geno, if he is not the fighter given how much he has been requested. Did they both have Mii Fighter costumes in Smash for Wii U?

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
To be fair, the mii costumes we got for Bango were not exactly related to the fighter itself, they were just, neat additions. Though, it would be kind of weird to add Mallow and not Geno, if he is not the fighter given how much he has been requested. Did they both have Mii Fighter costumes in Smash for Wii U?
No, only the Geno costume was in Sm4sh.

It would also be weird to have a DOOM costume without Doom Slayer.

Even weirder than that would be to have a Mallow costume and a Cacodemon costume without either Geno or Doom Slayer.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
It should be noted that the timer is missing the first 0 compared to the Ken leak, but that’s the only real discrepancy I can see.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Pfffft, 100% fake! Someone could easily make a mod out of this. How could someone random dude who probably doesn’t have access to Nintendo can get these costumes. Why not show playable Geno and Doomguy to to proof these costumes are real?
Actually, not really. If this is fake, this is the first ever successful model swap on a Mii Costume. Apparently people have been trying to mod for Miis for a while, but somehow proportions get messed up when attempts are made. Not saying that it's out of the picture that it's fake, but it would mean someone cracked the code and didn't tell.

EDIT: i am dumb and didn't realize this wasn't serious,, but point still stands

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom