• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wouldn't say Ryu's totally out. This suggests he's not #5 which is what people have been sitting on the fence about anyways. I'll repeat that if he's not 5, 6, and/or a VGA reveal, a LOT of people are going to be left holding the bag on this. Maybe #5 actually will be hype...
Seeing #4 be Terry makes me strongly believe almost no one will guess 100% percent who #5 is.

I feel Geno means nothing to square Enix or gaming as a whole, he has no reason to get in other than obsessed fans so he why should we even put him in lol.
It's true Geno will get in because of the fans. But he does have a reason for getting in as Geno represents the very first Mario RPG and without that game, the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games wouldn't exist.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel Geno means nothing to square Enix or gaming as a whole, he has no reason to get in other than obsessed fans so he why should we even put him in lol.
Trolls like to Troll for the sake of Trolling. SMH. Geno is a favorite cult classic character from a cult classic game. He would also symbolize the collaboration of Nintendo and Square. If you think SMRPG is nothing but an ancient game that there is nothing impressive about it, then think again.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
First of all, people, don't feed the trolls based on a previous comment.

Also, the screen shot is working for Sabi. Also checked out the discord and yes, it is there. Fascinating.

Melonsismyusername

Smash Apprentice
Trolls like to Troll for the sake of Trolling. SMH. Geno is a favorite cult classic character from a cult classic game. He would also symbolize the collaboration of Nintendo and Square. If you think SMRPG is nothing but an ancient game that there is nothing impressive about it, then think again.
no, I just dont see any merit in geno if I wanted to ¨troll¨ (In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community ) I would be offf topic and inflamatory.

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if it's Geno is the 5th fighter? Mii Costume leak and music takedowns could point to Geno coming sooner rather than later. But then again, he's a front runner currently which goes against what PapaGenos said

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I wonder if it's Geno is the 5th fighter? Mii Costume leak and music takedowns could point to Geno coming sooner rather than later. But then again, he's a front runner currently which goes against what PapaGenos said
- music takedowns were not unique to geno, lots of stuff got removed
- the whole damn channel ended up getting deleted anyway

I don't think the music is as suggestive as we think it is

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Imagine if after all this **** Geno is actually Fighter 5

Also; I think this confirms we should stop taking Shifty seriously.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool metwice, shame on me.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Wow, after all that we've been through here since base released I can't believe that geno might actually be in the pass after all the fuss about bonus dlc.

D

Deleted member

no, I just dont see any merit in geno if I wanted to ¨troll¨ (In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community ) I would be offf topic and inflamatory.
Yea, that is what you’re doing you’re comment is pretty negative regarding Geno.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think Geno was also referred to as a front runner so I don't expect him to be #5

I still am working to clarify if the Mii Fighter Costume list is still in good standing or if that has been proven as a ruse as well. Can someone maybe provide context or confirmation in it's standing?

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Totally fine if you don't want him in, that's valid, but I'm not sure why you're marching in here telling us that? There's characters I admittedly don't want but I don't storm fan threads of those characters telling them I don't want the character. Maybe you don't believe you are trolling, but it comes off that way

Melonsismyusername

Smash Apprentice
Yea, that is what you’re doing you’re comment is pretty negative regarding Geno.
so anything negative is a troll? or anything against your opnion.

Totally fine if you don't want him in, that's valid, but I'm not sure why you're marching in here telling us that? There's characters I admittedly don't want but I don't storm fan threads of those characters telling them I don't want the character. Maybe you don't believe you are trolling, but it comes off that way
I wanna know why ppl want him in.

D

Deleted member

so anything negative is a troll? or anything against your opnion.
If you don’t like the character then that’s fine. Im not sure why you had to come in here in the first place lol. If you’re so curious why people want Geno, check out Operation Starfall or the first page of the thread.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Wow this might be the most traffic we've had outside of a possible reveal opportunity coming up

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Well, I'll try and explain:
Geno is a character from the 1996 SNES game Super Mario RPG. Some people consider the character a classic of gaming and the game to be very iconic to the console. People also want him because of personal experiences, appearance, movesets options, and the fact that he's been absent from gaming for a really long time.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
OK, I'll bite. People want him in because of his cool design, the memorable music associated with him, they feel he'd be bursting with moveset potential, he represents an old bond between Square and Nintendo that's slowly being rebuilt, the game he's from is very good and is the granddaddy of Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi, and a lot of people want him to satisfy the long-running support for him (going back to before Melee in an official poll). While it's true that he's not the most important character Square has ever made, he belongs to an iconic series, an iconic game, and the two big franchises Squenix owns both have reps in now, so we feel that it's his time to shine.

Melonsismyusername

Smash Apprentice
If you don’t like the character then that’s fine. Im not sure why you had to come in here in the first place lol. If you’re so curious why people want Geno, check out Operation Starfall or the first page of the thread.
I dont dislike the character, he just dosent have much merit in smash other than his fans due to how nidche his character is.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Geno has been long requested since Brawl. I believe Sakurai stated he wanted Geno in Smash, but copyright issues have prevented him from doing so at the time. Now with more DLC on the way he is being highly speculated right now. Not to mention he hasn't appeared since the original version of Super Star Saga and the fact that Super Mario RPG is a nostalgic game.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Okay, so I have no info, but I feel like the fifth fighter is going to be Dante from Devil May Cry. Back in February Itsuno said that if fans want Dante in Smash Bros then they need campaign for Devil May Cry to be on Switch first. Then three months later Capcom announce Devil May Cry 1 is releasing on Switch in June.

Now I may not be that knowledgeable when it comes to game development but I doubt they could get a Switch port done in less than 4 months from when they said that comment. So that should mean that Itsuno knew that Devil May Cry ports were coming when asked about Dante in Smash Bros. He never denied it, so maybe something something is happening.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There is a long list of reasons people want the star doll in Smash. But I'll just go over a few reasons:

- He has insane moveset potential being able to shoot a lazer and bullets from his arm and turn himself into a canon.

- He looks cool.

- He represents the very first Mario RPG game.

- People who watched Smash Kingdom and Bowser's Kingdom on Newgrounds and Youtube in the late 2000s have a strong nostalgia connection towards him.

- He has been a highly requested character since Brawl.

- Sakurai himself wants Geno in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dont dislike the character, he just dosent have much merit in smash other than his fans due to how nidche his character is.
We believe ya! lol Thank you for visiting this thread! Have a nice day!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Okay, so I have no info, but I feel like the fifth fighter is going to be Dante from Devil May Cry. Back in February Itsuno said that if fans want Dante in Smash Bros then they need campaign for Devil May Cry to be on Switch first. Then three months later Capcom announce Devil May Cry 1 is releasing on Switch in June.

Now I may not be that knowledgeable when it comes to game development but I doubt they could get a Switch port done in less than 4 months from when they said that comment. So that should mean that Itsuno knew that Devil May Cry ports were coming when asked about Dante in Smash Bros. He never denied it, so maybe something something is happening.
Finally, we can earn that "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series" badge.

I just really don't see what would make him any different from Bayonetta aside from being visually more appealing.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I mean, I don’t really want Reimu in Smash, doesn’t mean i’m gonna go to the Touhou thread and start ****

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
In a franchise where you are filled with so many pointless and dumb Peach clones, Baby/Metal/Suit characters and just terrible ideas like Peachette, Mario RPGs (Specically SMRPG) has made so many really great mold breaking characters and I wish Nintendo really would go that route more. Geno isn't just an anomaly, he is a really cool one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom