• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
In any case, if the next unique newcomer is the last unique we're getting, Sakurai is going to come out and say it. So if he doesn't say anything then, consider this theory dead in the water.

You know, I'm willing to bet a lot of people put down "Please make the wish come true!" as their "reasoning" for Geno on the Ballot. Surely Sakurai's heart isn't made of stone. >_>

And though I am just being facetious, Sakurai has explicitly mentioned before thinking hard about "impossible" characters. It seems as though he's pretty dedicated towards bringing characters to the series that no one thinks could get in. Geno is a character like that. It has to weigh on his mind somewhat, given that he's openly acknowledged how popular Geno is and knows the fans have been waiting.

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
The smash subreddit has become very hostile to Geno and Isaac recently for some reason. I'd say most of the ire is directed towards Isaac though...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The smash subreddit has become very hostile to Geno and Isaac recently for some reason. I'd say most of the ire is directed towards Isaac though...
If that's true that's odd

I would have figured Redditers would be filled with Isaac supporters

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's Reddit, once something has been popular for a while people begin to hate on it, doesn't matter which subreddit or which subject, it's just a byproduct of the awful voting system on the site.

Last edited:

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
Though, my last comment brings up a question.
Do you think sakurai has been fighting for Geno since brawl?
I assume so, he originally planned for him to be in Brawl as well as convincing Square to give him a Mii costume in Smash 4. Tbh Geno's chances of getting into smash is getting higher and higher and Sakurai might've finally been able to persuade Square to give him rights to Geno as a playable character.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Geno should be revealed along side a super Mario rpg 2 reveal. With so much square content coming to switch, a mario rpg revival would be perfect

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
Geno should be revealed along side a super Mario rpg 2 reveal. With so much square content coming to switch, a mario rpg revival would be perfect
Although it's very unlikely that we'll get a sequel to SMRPG I'd absolutely love that idea. Although they just did something very similar with Isabelle being announced for Smash as well as a new Animal Crossing game.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
You can't believe both the box theory and Vergaben at the same time.

Box theory has only one new unique character and one new echo.

Vegaben has stated at least three new characters - a Pokemon, Ken (an echo), and a Square character that he refuses to name for some reason.

So which is it? Both theories can't be right.

I personally don't put stock into either of them, but I do think it's odd for people to believe in contradictory theories.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
In any case, if the next unique newcomer is the last unique we're getting, Sakurai is going to come out and say it. So if he doesn't say anything then, consider this theory dead in the water.

You know, I'm willing to bet a lot of people put down "Please make the wish come true!" as their "reasoning" for Geno on the Ballot. Surely Sakurai's heart isn't made of stone. >_>

And though I am just being facetious, Sakurai has explicitly mentioned before thinking hard about "impossible" characters. It seems as though he's pretty dedicated towards bringing characters to the series that no one thinks could get in. Geno is a character like that. It has to weigh on his mind somewhat, given that he's openly acknowledged how popular Geno is and knows the fans have been waiting.
oh right Geno is another one of those seemingly impossible picks. Which Sakurai loves to make happen! add that to the list of reason's Geno is in!

also had another thought about the box. how soon do they have to start manufacturing products like this? controllers, games, boxes, books. is it possible they would need to start all that work before they announce everyone in the game so they might just straight leave out the last few characters?

like if we have announcements for characters in october and november leading up to the game. we could get the 1 unique and 1 echo to fill out the box october.
but then in november as the last big blow out to get people hyped and interested in the game they reveal whoever else is left as the final characeters.
but making all those products takes time so surely they need to start making them in november. and if everyone was on the box that could easily leak who the final characters ment to show up in november are. so they leave them out of this box set.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You can't believe both the box theory and Vergaben at the same time.

Box theory has only one new unique character and one new echo.

Vegaben has stated at least three new characters - a Pokemon, Ken (an echo), and a Square character that he refuses to name for some reason.

So which is it? Both theories can't be right.

I personally don't put stock into either of them, but I do think it's odd for people to believe in contradictory theories.
I do. I believe one of the characters he knows about is DLC

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
my one problem with this is that Sakurai is against making DLC until after the product is finished. I think Mewtwo was a special case because the 3DS was done but WiiU was still coming. I think Sakurai wouldn't have even bothered doing ANY work on DLC until after the game was already out. instead spending all his time on touching up the final product.

I think there might just be one final reveal (maybe some extra echos to go with) that they are waiting to show in november and didn't put on the box so it couldn't leak it. and that last one is Geno. the pokemon and Ken we get in october.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Can someone help me translate these words?

First of all I want to warn you that all this can be false, an old friend who already gave me game information told me all this, but he already told lies and also revealed many true things.
So please take all this with a big grain of salt.

He gave me some words indicating characters that are going to be playable in Smash Ultimate. He warned me that I could post all this somewhere.

"Peramelemorphia"
"Agamidae"
"Erinaceinae"
"Virtual Lacertilia"
"Demon Felis"
"Fire Karategi"
"Gấu"
"Extremitats"
"Suryaprabha"
"Stalflute"
"Star Nukke"
"Tiikeri Taistelija"
"Condemn Destruction"
"Fool Guy"
"Artis"

That's all he gave me.
Sorry for any problems.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can someone help me translate these words?

First of all I want to warn you that all this can be false, an old friend who already gave me game information told me all this, but he already told lies and also revealed many true things.
So please take all this with a big grain of salt.

He gave me some words indicating characters that are going to be playable in Smash Ultimate. He warned me that I could post all this somewhere.

"Peramelemorphia"
"Agamidae"
"Erinaceinae"
"Virtual Lacertilia"
"Demon Felis"
"Fire Karategi"
"Gấu"
"Extremitats"
"Suryaprabha"
"Stalflute"
"Star Nukke"
"Tiikeri Taistelija"
"Condemn Destruction"
"Fool Guy"
"Artis"

That's all he gave me.
Sorry for any problems.
Crash Bandicoot
IDK - It means Dragon Lizard
Probably Shadow - It means Hedgehog
Gex
Incineroar?
Ken Masters
"bear"
I have no idea, it's essentially some kind of goddess
Skull Kid
Geno
This one is definitely Incineroar. I have no idea what those other ones are
Don't know
Don't know
Don't know

Don't think it's real

Edit: One of those I thought was Incineroar is Ken

Edit 2: Bear is probably Banjo? Dragon Lizard is probably Spyro

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
My prediction. Incineroar opens the Direct up. Sakurai talks about that mysterious mode in green. Sheds some more light on features for the online mode. Ken shown as an echo fighter to Ryu. The Direct closes with Geno, because wishes can come true! Everyone is Here.

This would cover all of what Vergeben has said. Gen 7 Pokémon, Ken as an echo, Square character. I think this is our best shot.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I think the younger people are coming to the conclusion that Springman, Rex, and insert indie character here are most likely not going to be playable, so they're trying to pretend that speculation mainstays like Isaac and Geno have no chance either.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Reminder that the SNES controller icon was indeed part of the switch 6.0.0 leak and that means snes titles on its way. Geno would easily instantly market mario rpg for new players. Thing is… when will they announce such SNES stuff…
Dl6JfJCU8AA-PVG.jpg

TBone06

Smash Ace
oh right Geno is another one of those seemingly impossible picks. Which Sakurai loves to make happen! add that to the list of reason's Geno is in!

also had another thought about the box. how soon do they have to start manufacturing products like this? controllers, games, boxes, books. is it possible they would need to start all that work before they announce everyone in the game so they might just straight leave out the last few characters?

like if we have announcements for characters in october and november leading up to the game. we could get the 1 unique and 1 echo to fill out the box october.
but then in november as the last big blow out to get people hyped and interested in the game they reveal whoever else is left as the final characeters.
but making all those products takes time so surely they need to start making them in november. and if everyone was on the box that could easily leak who the final characters ment to show up in november are. so they leave them out of this box set.

I thought this too. I'll start off by saying I don't buy this box art theory. But in the instant that it's real, I thought potentially because it's being revealed early November, it may have all of the characters that are revealed to that point. There's always a case that if that is true, that they could have one more big Smash reveal in November before launch to release some other characters. This theory frustrates me so much. If it is true, they really dropped the ball on revealing the characters. They could have spread them out, and that would have kept hype going longer. If we only get one more echo and one more unique character, the hype is done.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My main concern with Geno being DLC is that, going off Smash 4, that all but destroys his chances of having a cinematic reveal trailer and I'd be mad salty since Ridley and K. Rool got one. Truth be told, I'd be miffed for maybe a day and then get over it.

link2702

Smash Champion
Maybe the toxic haters are Isabelle fans angry over the reaction to her reveal? After all while i’m sure everyone expected her to be in, none of the evidence pointed to her being the reveal for this direct. We all thought it would have been skull kid (the chairs), geno(all the ff game announcements near the end) or Isaac(delay, rathalos pic, renewed gs trademark)

Needless to say Isabelle caught us all off guard and all that hype thinking for sure it was one of those other three just got deflated.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Toxicity doesn't make sense, that's why i just ignore it and don't let it get me, not even one bit. I just keep scrolling or leave the site.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
What's there to believe about tbox art? There's space for 36 characters. We have 70something right now. The box proves absolutely nothing

And Sakurai doesn't plan dlc AND there sure as hell better be more than 1-2 dlc characters for this game.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
If that box matters, it's Isabelle and Incineroar on one side. And on the other side if there's two blank spaces, Ken and Geno.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’ve generally thought we had 3 spots left for newcomers since the Smash Direct, and a handful of echo fighters in general left. Since Isabelle moved up from Echo to unique she does take one of those slots (I know we like to say they don’t exist, but when you have limited time for unique newcomers, they’re more relevant to discuss).

That would leave us with two, and people are convinced one is a Pokemon. Which I’m not convinced of still, but hey, we’ll see.

Still that leaves two unique newcomers in my mind as possible reveals, and boy, speculation is going to get heated as to who will get those spots... I’m hopeful Geno can be, he’s certainly got a lot going for him. But I’m basing two spots off of assuming that the last Smash Direct will have two trailers like the last one. Which is all just assumption. We’re looking at the end of the speculation/hype cycle now, so the room is getting tighter. Sakurai could still surprise us, but man, is this starting to really come to a close already...

link2702

Smash Champion
I kinda hope that Geno won't end as DLC. I would be ok with it but I am sure haters would laugh saying that "he wasn't good enough to be base"
Bah who cares what the haters think? If geno gets in that’s all that matters.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Man, the box still lives in the General Thread, but I would like to share something with you all.

Looking back, Sakurai stated that all the DESIGNS of the fighters will be revealed before the release.
I have a strong feeling our boy Geno is in. Perhaps not advertised, but certainly a secret character for people to get hype about!

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
If that's true that's odd

I would have figured Redditers would be filled with Isaac supporters
They're there but the detractors are vitriolic and tend to dogpile supporters. I don't mind petty internet insults but it gets boring reading "he's just a fire emblem character with dirt powers" over and over again. I've even seen people saying Geno would be a Mega Man clone, which I honestly refuse to believe is anything other than trolling; you'd have to be willfully ignorant to make that claim lol.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Man, the box still lives in the General Thread, but I would like to share something with you all.

Looking back, Sakurai stated that all the DESIGNS of the fighters will be revealed before the release.
I have a strong feeling our boy Geno is in. Perhaps not advertised, but certainly a secret character for people to get hype about!
Is there anything on that's not about boxes?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom