• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
This is something I began thinking about after the Megaman series costumes were shown, but Fatmanonice Fatmanonice had a great post yesterday going over why it made sense for those costumes to get revealed with pack 3 and how that may actually be a good thing for Geno’s chances. I could see them including Beware the Mushroom Forest and Battle against an Armed Boss with a costume but I also think with Cloud only getting two songs and each DQ Hero receiving 2 songs per game that may just be exactly what SE would be willing to provide to another character as annoying as that may be. The next costume pack announcements are going to be incredibly suspenseful though that’s for sure.
I will say that the last pack is what gives me some concern. Pack #4, I can already see having Jacky, Akira, and Heihachi's costumes return, along with a few from SNK properties. If Ryu is hypothetically pack #5, I can't say I'm sure what Koei Tecmo costumes we could get apart from, like... Kasumi and a bit of DoA stuff. That's where I'd wonder if we'd get Geno's and Chocobo's costumes back.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m kinda worried about the birb.

Was it something unrelated to Smash? I thought it was bad news, but you’d think they could say something if it was just a mii costume...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Honestly, as people have said before, since they saw the demand for freaking Sans, I'm sure they're aware of how much the world wants Geno. People here and in Japan are dying for him. In fact, I'm pretty damn sure his eastern fan base is what started everything, given the eastern fan base wanted him in since Melee, and the western fan base largely started with Brawl. People often say Geno is a strictly western pick; I have to disagree.
Are people really saying he's a western pick? If so that's quite misinformed, the huge demand for him pretty much kicked off thanks to that old Japanese Brawl poll where he placed really high (tied for 2nd iirc). He might be more popular in the west than the east these days (I really don't know), but his support started in Japan.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Are people really saying he's a western pick? If so that's quite misinformed since the huge demand for him pretty much kicked off thanks to that old Japanese Brawl poll where he placed really high (tied for 2nd iirc). He might be more popular in the west than the east these days (I really don't know), but his support started in Japan.
Oh yeah, big time. I've seen people saying Geno is just a western pick and that Japan doesn't care for him. Therefore, he won't get in. It's a little silly, and since we've had Hero (very muted presence in the west) and Terry (very muted presence outside of Latin America and Japan), that point doesn't even matter one iota.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I can't even begin to TELL you how much fun they are. I'm having a bit of difficulty getting the hang of them, but I can't even care. I love them so much that I will do whatever it takes to master them. Besides, as long as I'm having fun, why bother doing anything else? ;)
Couldn't agree more, Banjo's my favorite DLC pack so far. All the DLC fighters are fun to play, but I think Banjo is by far the most faithful rendition and is such a blast to use. Also, the remix of Treasure Trove Cove is just. so. good.

I'm really liking Banjo's Up Air. If you fast fall with it and hit your opponent just before landing, you can get a small combo off of the hit. At low percents, try fast fall U-Air into U-Tilt or another U-Air. At mid to high percents, use fast fall U-Air into F-Air.

Edit: Also B-Reversing the grenade egg seems pretty solid when you're trying to approach or trying to make recovery difficult for your opponent.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Couldn't agree more, Banjo's my favorite DLC pack so far. All the DLC fighters are fun to play, but I think Banjo is by far the most faithful rendition and is such a blast to use. Also, the remix of Treasure Trove Cove is just. so. good.

I'm really liking Banjo's Up Air. If you fast fall with it and hit your opponent just before landing, you can get a small combo off of the hit. At low percents, try fast fall U-Air into U-Tilt or another U-Air. At mid to high percents, use fast fall U-Air into F-Air.
Mmmm, yessss, good. Veeeeery good. :drflip:

Also, the TTC remix is by our very own Yoko Shimomura, so of COURSE it's good!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So, who all do you think will be in the DLC lineup?
I'm going to assume that if the 10 slots do get filled, we could most likely see:

First-Party:
Bandana Dee
Porky
New Pokemon (Regigigas pls)
Medusa (Echo Fighter)
Impa(?)

Third-Party:
Geno
Shantae
Rayman
Doom Slayer
Crash Bandicoot
Here are some characters I think could get in. I'm going to assume we are getting 10 more fighters until Sakurai is done with the game. I think Geno will be fighter #75 so he's not on this list.

#76 Doom Guy
#77 Sora
#78 Crash Bandicoot
#79 Master Chief
#80 Ryu Hayabusa
#81 Rayman
#82 Shantae
#83 Dixie Kong
#84 Sgt. Cortez
#85 S A N D B A G

I’m kinda worried about the birb.

Was it something unrelated to Smash? I thought it was bad news, but you’d think they could say something if it was just a mii costume...
We're probably just going to have to forget it exists as we'll never get an answer to it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here are some characters I think could get in. I'm going to assume we are getting 10 more fighters until Sakurai is done with the game. I think Geno will be fighter #75 so he's not on this list.

#76 Doom Guy
#77 Sora
#78 Crash Bandicoot
#79 Master Chief
#80 Ryu Hayabusa
#81 Rayman
#82 Shantae
#83 Dixie Kong
#84 Sgt. Cortez
#85 S A N D B A G

We're probably just going to have to forget it exists as we'll never get an answer to it.
So, who is Sgt. Cortez, anyway?

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
I love when a Smash event occurs because all of my favorite internet communities to hide out in are abuzz with hype, speculation and so on. The only reason I contribute or participate in the discourse of Smash rumors and hype is because of Geno, my favorite character since I was a kid. Seeing him welcomed back into the gaming community as a Smash icon will be the coolest thing I ever see in gaming, and I can't wait for that almost inevitable moment.

More evidence exists today than it did yesterday, and the conspiracy that he's in is just as strong as before. I expected him to be deconfirmed or announced as a costume, and when he wasn't it just lead me to believe that we're still on the right track here. Apparently, I never knew that Nintendo copyright strike'd Megalovania, which is incredibly good news for those of you who thought there was weight ot those two SMRPG songs being struck by Nintendo last month. That's news to me, but the inclusion of Sans and Megalovania specifically point us in that direction. Aside from all of the other information we've collected (over the YEARS) this decision to keep pleasing the fans is going to be a wonderous thing for us. Still no Mii costume, still no "Spirits Deconfirm Fighters" confirmation, nothing to deconfirm him... Geno haters be damned. We're gonna continue to be vocal, we're gonna continue to support Operation Starfall, and we're gonna wait out the inevitable arrival of our boy.

I know we always suddenly think there's a call-to-arms when we have more reason to support the boy, but I think what we're doing is plenty. Keep this thread active, participate in any and all discussions of the character (boards, social media, 4chan, Gamefaqs), support initiatives like Operation Starfall, vote in user polls and don't let them forget, but don't think we have to do much more. I'm so confident going into this that he is a lock that I think we can afford to calmly continue giving good hype and energy into the concept and we'll see our star boi soon enough.

Oh yeah, and my DLC ideas:
#5 - Doom Slayer
#6 - Porky Minch (w/ Earthbound for SNES VC)
#7 - Geno (w/ SMRPG for SNES VC)

I'm having similar thoughts. Though aside from Skull Kid ,these are coincidentally my top three most wanted characters ever!

Firox

Smash Master
So after a few hours of tinkering, I figured I'd give a breakdown of Banjo-Kazooie's moveset for anyone that's interested:

-Jab: Standard multi-hit, cool animation but damage is meh and the finisher has virtually no kill potential
-Ftilt: Banjo stabs forward with Kazooie's beak. Great horizontal range and speed. Knockback is reasonable but doesn't have much kill potential even at the sweet spot or at relatively high percents.
-Dtilt: Low stab with Kazooie's beak. Great reach with reasonably low startup. Banjo slinks back a little at the end making it a fairly safe poking tool, however the damage is pretty sad (only 6%), there's a relatively large amount of lag at the end, and the knockback doesn't lend itself to any combo starters. Could be used as a followup to FF Fair but otherwise I'm still trying to decide when and where best to use this.
-Uptilt: Banjo does a sharp upward kick. Great vertical range to offset a poor horizontal range. Combos into up air at low to mid percents. Can kill at extremely high percents.

-Fsmash: Breegull bash I think they called it. Has amazing power along with both vertical and horizontal range. A little on the slow side though.
-Dsmash: Kazooie pounds the ground with both wings. Reasonably fast for a smash attack and the launch angle is pretty awesome (about 30 degrees from the horizontal) making it an excellent 2 frame/edge guard tool.
-UpSmash: Banjo spins around with Kazooie's wings. Very similar to Wolf's up smash with a deceptively large horizontal hitbox that pulls opponents into a strong vertical launch. Be careful though, the end lag on it is pretty bad.

-Up air: Kazooie does a scissor cut with her wings. This move is stupidly fast and has insane priority, makes for multiple combos into itself, but trades these advantages for really low damage and knockback.
-Nair: Kazooie spin attack similar to Ivysaur's Nair. Speed is decent but range and damage are relatively low and the hitbox doesn't seem consistent if you fast fall. Given the knockback and startup lag, I'm not exactly sure yet what its combo potential is.
-Fair: Banjo does a hard downward punch. Very slow but very powerful. Great kill potential and super short endlag when autocanceled. Can combo into Ftilt or Dtilt at low percents.
-Bair: Multi-jab with Kazooie's beak. Decent damage and great speed but the hitbox is kinda wonky making it somewhat difficult to land all three hits. It's also similar to Nair in that the opponent just kind of falls out of it if you fast fall. Haven't found much use for it yet outside of the obvious. I think people that are good at fast turn-around RAR Bair will break this move but I'm not too great at it so I can't say for sure.
-Dair: Kazooie stabs into the ground with her beak. Standard stall and fall. Nothing really special here.

-Neutral Special: Egg shot. The first shot of this (the lobbed egg) is as powerful and pesky as Yoshi's egg toss. Great for poking and pestering at a distance. The "shotgun mode" with the multishot is actually pretty great for counter-zoning a spammer but the eggs do laughable damage and don't have much range so I'm not sure how useful that mode is going to be. Maybe use for edge guarding?
-Forward special: I forget the official name. Wing Dash? This move is freaking ridiculous. Nuff said. The knockback makes it an absolutely BROKEN kill move and the invincibility frames make for the most hilarious counter to zoners. "Oh, you want to shoot an arrow? You're dead." It's also a free recovery move, so it's no wonder you're limited to only 5 uses per life. Beware though, the startup frames are NOT invincible and it can be punished on shield so don't get spammy with it.
-Up Special: spring board. Basically sonic's recovery but not quite as high. Decent recovery move with freedom of movement after.
-Down special: Grenade poop. Kazooie poops out...well, a grenade. I can see this being almost as annoying as Snake's grenades, however, due to the method and distance they bounce, combined with the really short fuse, I found it somewhat difficult to throw them at the opponent without them blocking or interrupting me. The best way to grab the grenade is to immediately roll backwards and pick it up, then throw it immediately after that. You need space and time to do that, though, so I imagine that the grenade will be best used as an edge guard tool (though it doesn't seem to kill and the knockback angle doesn't really hurt your opponent trying to recover) or as a stage control tool similar to ROB's Gyro or Diddy's banana. You can also poop it out midair to screw your opponent's attempts to punish your landing. Basically, this move is gonna need some labbing before we discover its true potential.

Bottom line: B-K isn't quite as fast as Joker or as strong as Hero, but they are a super fun character and much more straight-forward. I feel that they will be much more accessible to the general body of players and I also feel that they have some competitive potential, though of course, only time will tell.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
But I'm still concerned his Mii costume may show up, especially with seeing how Sans is accompanied by a song, Geno + Beware of the Forest's Mushroom would make an ideal pack as well.
I think we would've seen Geno's mii costume in that pack - unless Sakurai & team though that he'd be outshined by Sans, which while realistic, I don't think is enough to confirm either or. I do think it speaks volumes for him as a contender for DLC. They could've revealed his costume and if people didn't really care, he'd be as hype as the Goemon costume (hype, but not groundbreaking)... but Sakurai understands the desire for Geno as playable.

The next costume pack announcements are going to be incredibly suspenseful though that’s for sure.
Did they say there would be more? It seemed like this was a nice roundup of pretty much "the end" of costume packs, since it wasn't like Joker or Hero in revealing costumes adjacent to the character.

So.

The dream is revived.
The dream never dies my guy!!!!!!!!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So who is ready to descend into speculation hell during this 2-3 dry spell of information?

I give it a week before we become Mad Max. I’ll get my junk car ready.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So, who is Sgt. Cortez, anyway?
He's the main protagonist of the First Person Shooter series TimeSplitters developed by the same people who worked on Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. He travels through time to collect Time Crystals to stop a race called the TimeSplitters from bringing humanity to the brink of extinction. He doesn't have a moveset potential that Doom Guy wouldn't already have but he'd bring along some really good music.

I don't really expect him to join since the series is obscure enough not be known by the majority of Nintendo fans but the Story mode and multiplayer are really good. I just would love to see him appear in the game since there are talks of something happening for TimeSplitters and it would make my day to see him appear as much as Banjo & Kazooie did.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I fully believe that Geno's missing Mii Costume is a lot better chance for him now especially since more DLC is announced. I know I'm the one who kept saying it can come back, but I can see that Square wants Hero to get in first so they can promote Dragon Quest XI better (they mention Smash Bros almost every time they talk about DQXI) so in return for marketing and getting Dragon Quest series a lot better following in the West they'll probably let Geno join Smash Bros.

Also we need more Mii Costume like Geno and similar to Sans and Team Rocket. I go on my negative view of Mii Costumes, but having costumes of characters like Team Rocket Grunts are a better fit. They're never going to get into Smash Bros and not many people are requesting to play as a Rocket Grunt, so it's a cute idea to customize your Mii to be like Team Rocket... but the real money is in Team Skull so get on that Sakurai.
As for Sans... It looks like Sans. I hate Mii Costumes like Rex and Isaac because they don't look like the character at all, but that Sans Mii Costume is the purest looking costume in this series history. Also I believe that an Undertale character really can't work in Smash Bros. Frisk only has one attack and you can't implement pacifism in a fighting game (maybe they could do something with the color hearts idk), and the way Sans fights doesn't lend itself well to be adapted in fighting games. It's most likely not impossible to do, we got Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, but I think the way Undertales play makes it hard to adapt to a Smash Bros Fighter (maybe Delta Rune, I never played it so idk). This Mii Fighter Costume of Sans is the best way to get that character in and just looks so good.

Reserve Mii Costumes for characters that are feasible to be in Smash Bros and make sure they don't really look like Miis. Sans is the first Mii Costume I ever bought in the Smash Bros series, never bought a single one in Smash Bros 4 but I'm happy to buy this one.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
So after a few hours of tinkering, I figured I'd give a breakdown of Banjo-Kazooie's moveset for anyone that's interested:

-Jab: Standard multi-hit, cool animation but damage is meh and the finisher has virtually no kill potential
-Ftilt: Banjo stabs forward with Kazooie's beak. Great horizontal range and speed. Knockback is reasonable but doesn't have much kill potential even at the sweet spot or at relatively high percents.
-Dtilt: Low stab with Kazooie's beak. Great reach with reasonably low startup. Banjo slinks back a little at the end making it a fairly safe poking tool, however the damage is pretty sad (only 6%), there's a relatively large amount of lag at the end, and the knockback doesn't lend itself to any combo starters. Could be used as a followup to FF Fair but otherwise I'm still trying to decide when and where best to use this.
-Uptilt: Banjo does a sharp upward kick. Great vertical range to offset a poor horizontal range. Combos into up air at low to mid percents. Can kill at extremely high percents.

-Fsmash: Breegull bash I think they called it. Has amazing power along with both vertical and horizontal range. A little on the slow side though.
-Dsmash: Kazooie pounds the ground with both wings. Reasonably fast for a smash attack and the launch angle is pretty awesome (about 30 degrees from the horizontal) making it an excellent 2 frame/edge guard tool.
-UpSmash: Banjo spins around with Kazooie's wings. Very similar to Wolf's up smash with a deceptively large horizontal hitbox that pulls opponents into a strong vertical launch. Be careful though, the end lag on it is pretty bad.

-Up air: Kazooie does a scissor cut with her wings. This move is stupidly fast and has insane priority, makes for multiple combos into itself, but trades these advantages for really low damage and knockback.
-Nair: Kazooie spin attack similar to Ivysaur's Nair. Speed is decent but range and damage are relatively low and the hitbox doesn't seem consistent if you fast fall. Given the knockback and startup lag, I'm not exactly sure yet what its combo potential is.
-Fair: Banjo does a hard downward punch. Very slow but very powerful. Great kill potential and super short endlag when autocanceled. Can combo into Ftilt or Dtilt at low percents.
-Bair: Multi-jab with Kazooie's beak. Decent damage and great speed but the hitbox is kinda wonky making it somewhat difficult to land all three hits. It's also similar to Nair in that the opponent just kind of falls out of it if you fast fall. Haven't found much use for it yet outside of the obvious. I think people that are good at fast turn-around RAR Bair will break this move but I'm not too great at it so I can't say for sure.
-Dair: Kazooie stabs into the ground with her beak. Standard stall and fall. Nothing really special here.

-Neutral Special: Egg shot. The first shot of this (the lobbed egg) is as powerful and pesky as Yoshi's egg toss. Great for poking and pestering at a distance. The "shotgun mode" with the multishot is actually pretty great for counter-zoning a spammer but the eggs do laughable damage and don't have much range so I'm not sure how useful that mode is going to be. Maybe use for edge guarding?
-Forward special: I forget the official name. Wing Dash? This move is freaking ridiculous. Nuff said. The knockback makes it an absolutely BROKEN kill move and the invincibility frames make for the most hilarious counter to zoners. "Oh, you want to shoot an arrow? You're dead." It's also a free recovery move, so it's no wonder you're limited to only 5 uses per life. Beware though, the startup frames are NOT invincible and it can be punished on shield so don't get spammy with it.
-Up Special: spring board. Basically sonic's recovery but not quite as high. Decent recovery move with freedom of movement after.
-Down special: Grenade poop. Kazooie poops out...well, a grenade. I can see this being almost as annoying as Snake's grenades, however, due to the method and distance they bounce, combined with the really short fuse, I found it somewhat difficult to throw them at the opponent without them blocking or interrupting me. The best way to grab the grenade is to immediately roll backwards and pick it up, then throw it immediately after that. You need space and time to do that, though, so I imagine that the grenade will be best used as an edge guard tool (though it doesn't seem to kill and the knockback angle doesn't really hurt your opponent trying to recover) or as a stage control tool similar to ROB's Gyro or Diddy's banana. You can also poop it out midair to screw your opponent's attempts to punish your landing. Basically, this move is gonna need some labbing before we discover its true potential.

Bottom line: B-K isn't quite as fast as Joker or as strong as Hero, but they are a super fun character and much more straight-forward. I feel that they will be much more accessible to the general body of players and I also feel that they have some competitive potential, though of course, only time will tell.
I haven't played around much with Banjo-Kazooie yet, but from what I have played, their neutral special is kind of comparable to Falco's lasers. When holding down the button, the eggs are much faster than Falco's lasers and they're good for getting in some extra damage, but they have much less range and I don't think they have as much hitstun as the lasers do, so they won't be as good for edgeguarding.
I really like their back air, it's not a bad kill move and you can drag down opponents with it. For example, yesterday I did down special -> drag down bair -> side special. I don't know if that specific combo is true, but I'm just using it as an example. You can also do drag down nairs, but it's less reliable because your opponent can land on either side of you. You can also do up air -> back air as a combo.
At early percents, up throw is a good combo throw and can lead into multiple up airs, and I think down throw is better at later percents which can lead into a back air at mid percents if you're fast enough. And then back throw and forward throw are just your standard positional throws to get them off stage and such.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There was a problem fetching the tweet

looks like milk refuses to give up on this female character thing

all i see is fixing the leaks in the suposive rumor

although but if its shante that will truely end the spirits deconfirm thing

Firox

Smash Master
I'm so ready for more fan rules to decree that my favorite characters still don't have a shot
C'mon, dude. A possessed wooden puppet has never gotten into Smash before. Geno is deconfirmed. :4pacman:

But seriously, I think that if we don't get Geno's mii costume by the end of this fighter's pass, there will be only two possible outcomes:

1) The next batch of DLC will have another SE character and the costume will release with them

or

2) Geno's in. Period.

I'm really leaning towards #2 as the more likely outcome at this point.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Apropos of nothing, but since the sans costume featured on the pictochat stage, I have to wonder if they sneakily snuck megalovania into that stage'a music lineup. (I can't check at the moment, otherwise I would)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
C'mon, dude. A possessed wooden puppet has never gotten into Smash before. Geno is deconfirmed. :4pacman:

But seriously, I think that if we don't get Geno's mii costume by the end of this fighter's pass, there will be only two possible outcomes:

1) The next batch of DLC will have another SE character and the costume will release with them

or

2) Geno's in. Period.

I'm really leaning towards #2 as the more likely outcome at this point.
No one named Geno has ever been playable in Smash before. Sorry Geno deconfirmed. Maybe if he was named Roy or Ryu he would have a chance.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Apropos of nothing, but since the sans costume featured on the pictochat stage, I have to wonder if they sneakily snuck megalovania into that stage'a music lineup. (I can't check at the moment, otherwise I would)
That is one of the stages the song is now available in, yes. Only other ones I remember off the top of my head are Balloon Fight, and the Ice Climber's stage.

Pretty much any stage where the music consists of the MASSIVE "Other" category.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
That is one of the stages the song is now available in, yes. Only other ones I remember off the top of my head are Balloon Fight, and the Ice Climber's stage.

Excellent! I'm gonna have to reprioritize some music later on!

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
I could imagine Sakurai using the Geno Mii Costume to fake everyone out for a real reveal or have the mii costume upgraded, so it's a full mask. Either way, looks like they could add the Mario RPG music with him

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I could imagine Sakurai using the Geno Mii Costume to fake everyone out for a real reveal or have the mii costume upgraded, so it's a full mask. Either way, looks like they could add the Mario RPG music with him
I could see him doing something like the ZSS reveal in 4. He shows the Geno costume, says "unfortunately, Geno will not be playable in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate," immediately cut to his trailer, and then cut back to him saying "just kidding!"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice was certainly right about his feeling of us being surprised by something when it comes to Smash despite the leak. Glad Smash has so much to offer that such leaks don't spoil the whole.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

> Ice Climbers

yup, this is where I'm putting Megalovania.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I put Megalovania on every stage I could. Not just cause it's a good remix, but I just felt that song needed to take over any stage it could.

Glad to hear about the second wave. I have seriously high hopes for Geno and a few other characters on my list.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Something I realized is that i'm not sure how Square Enix would feel bundling their properties with Fighter Pass characters of other companies. Doesn't seem very Square Enix-ish to me

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
> Ice Climbers

yup, this is where I'm putting Megalovania.
It also works on Find Mii, Tomodachi Life, Wuhu Island and any stage that doesn't have a character associated with it (like Electroplankton, Living Room, or Pilotwings) aside from Battlefield, Big Battlefield, or Final Destination.

Firox

Smash Master
So do you guys think that the next wave of DLC will be in a pack or individual? The benefit of individual would be that you could more easily pick and choose the ones you like. The downside would be that we'd never know the end until Sakurai finally says, "Welp, that's the last one. Enjoy!"

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
It didn't seem like that long ago when we had just reached the milestone of 1337 pages. I come back after a brief break to give the Direct some time to shine, and oh my lord, we're about to cap off at 1400 very soon. Craaazy.

The Direct was fine for me! Surprised we didn't get the falcon girl. And the announcement of even more DLC fighters is just... hooooo boy. Sakurai, please take care of yourself!! As long as the man can stay healthy, may he put in as many characters as he wants.

I had my chance to play with Banjo & Kazooie after work yesterday, and they're such a good character to play. The controls are snappy, the attacks at times can feel pretty weighty without being full-on heavyweight, I still haven't quite gotten the hang of the playstyle 100% yet, but I'm figuring out the best ways to utilize the character.

I'm not sure what discussion has settled on so far, but it did unnerve me ever so slightly knowing that, after two rounds of related Mii Costume content, we suddenly got a set that had nothing to do with the fighter. Geno Mii Costume to return in another unrelated character pack? I have to wonder about that..

sans. Just .. sans. I made the costume immediately, of course. Toby Fox, you've come a long way, holy cow.

So, yesterday was truly something else -- I have to ask, has anything else come of that Starling picture, or is that still up in the air as far as whatever it even means now?

It's nice to be back after a bit of a break. Happy to see ya'll. :ultduckhunt:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Guys I found another SMRPG discovery in a Japanese site!!!
I finally found the other official 3D renders that has never been posted online before such as:
Dr. Topper
Clerk
Director
Factory chief
Frogfucius front view of his official 3D render
And few more
https://item.mercari.com/jp/m70568460398/
Unfortunately I still haven’t found a high quality of culex official artwork yet but soon hopefully...

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
It frustrates me some people are claiming Banjo is low tier just because Wonder Wing can be countered and can only be used 5 times per stock. He's actually a fun character despite that, a side B shouldn't be the be-all-end-all aspect for a character.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So, yesterday was truly something else -- I have to ask, has anything else come of that Starling picture, or is that still up in the air as far as whatever it even means now?
We still don't know about the starling. I sincerely doubt it's related to Terry (his series icon being a star) for personal reasons, mostly a hunch. I also don't know if it's related to Geno. Maybe it could be, and the starling is a sign of what's to come through the additional DLC? Who knows?

By the way, anyone else notice how they had suspicious pauses on the NES and SNES for Terry's trailer? Wouldn't it be crazy if they closed off the FP with Ryu Hayabusa, then with Geno as a bonus?

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
By the way, anyone else notice how they had suspicious pauses on the NES and SNES for Terry's trailer? Wouldn't it be crazy if they closed off the FP with Ryu Hayabusa, then with Geno as a bonus?
i'll be honest, i found that to be incredibly suspicious. hard to say if that really meant anything, but, that caught my eye for sure.

domriver

Smash Lord
All right - so Banjo/Kazooie - i love 'em exactly. Sakurai did an incredible job to bringing them to Smash.

So in a bit of serious talk regarding DLC.
Geno may or maynot be #5 we shall see.
Any rate regarding DLC outside of this fighters pass - Sakurai did not mention any restrictions as to who and what may be as DLC. I guess until an official statement regarding the restrictions of this new DLC it maybe be safe to assume he will be looking at both 1st and 3rd party characters. Possible upgrades from AT"s to full characters? When he said more worlds that can mean from first party as well. My own opinion and prediction is that with this annoucement of DLC he wants to make happen characters that were highly requested in the smash ballot. We already know that Geno was highly requested. Sakurai mentioned it a couple of times if not a few. Anyone have a list of that list? Regarding the Ballot and that one from Brawl or Wii U i think. We should use that list because i think that may be the ones we are looking at for possible DLC also willing to throw an odd ball or random character just for kicks.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
so I want to talk about the schedule for a bit. Given that 1-3 were in a group and the e3 videos it was pretty obvious that hero and especially banjo were completed well before release. Now that we know the banjo presentation was only 2 days after the hero one I'm willing to bet that both were finished up at the same time around late june early july. the really interesting bit is how the terry teaser we got was where his development was back in JULY. at the very least his model and 2 special moves as well as the concept and model of the stage were done months ago so my next big prediction is that were going to get another week 1 november direct, followed by yet another shadowdrop of terry after it ends possibly with #5 announced but I'm not confident on that juuuuust yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom