• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
So i’m gonna enter speculation territory here and put on a tinfoil hat

If this theory is correct, Fatmanonice knows something we don’t, something big, the reason we’re all here right now.

I just want to point out that a lot of people have asked him about the fate of the starling image, and he constantly dismisses it. Except for one time, when he said it definitely wasn’t related to SNK

Surely, if he was able to say it’s not related to SNK, why not say it’s not related to Geno? It would be a good indication of where to set our expectations

Yet he tells us to keep hoping and hoping

And this direct, he claims a big announcment will coincide the bear and terr. I didnt think that was even remotely possible. But here we are, more characters outside the pass.

You know, i’ll quit beating around the bush and get to the point; Fatmanonice might know Geno is in Smash, he might be being vague but encouraging towards us because he knows it will pay off in the end.

It’s not entirely unlikely considering the Starling source is the same one who mentioned Geno watercooler rumors back in december
Bear in mind that a Sabi herself was pointing out the 4chan leak as possibly legit considering what she’s heard about Ryu yet that fell apart with the direct. I don’t think it’s a good idea to come up with conspiracy theories about people knowing more than they’re letting on. It just breeds distrust and if you’ve been paying attention fatman has done his best to give us a heads up about things even if he can’t spell them out. There’s plenty that he and sabi and whoever else don’t know about and even if they may know certain things it’s not their place to divulge it. I think people should be content with knowing the Geno costume isn’t around and we’re officially getting bonus dlc. Shouldn’t that be enough for the time being?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
so who do we all think is fighter pass man number five?

Personally I'm gonna go with Doom Guy. Would widely be considered a very good note to end the pass on I think. Plus they've been pushing Doom very hard during these directs.
I think, with the exception of Banjo, the pass has been pretty Japan-centric, so, especially if the reveal happens at TGA, a more western-oriented character could happen. Of that pool, Doom Slayer is one of the plausible options.

Though perhaps that's just hope. If the last one doesn't buck the trend, I wouldn't be shocked.

Elmorethemagician

Smash Journeyman
I feel like if we're loud enough we can actually get Geno in the game....
heck he might already even be in the game...
like we really need to get it out there.... that we want him... it could happen.....

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
People here mentioned how Nintendo took down a Megalomania remix right? And waddya know, Sans has music in Smash.

Wondering what other 2 songs they took down....HMMMMM

(Im not insinuating a costume either, but rather SE only giving 2 songs)

Last edited:

Kronch

Smash Cadet
ay lmao, I was just gonna post the same thing I did in the General Newcomer Speculation thread here, and P Paperchampion23 just mentioned it right before I got here!

"I don't know if anyone else has already pointed this out, but I think pretty much everything is pointing in Geno's favor now.

The new DLC fighters means there's more opportunity for another SE rep (or two)! But, the biggest thing is that, when Ultimate came out, someone uploaded a fake Megalovania remix on YouTube, claiming it was for Smash as a joke. Nintendo took it down, which captured a lot of attention for Sans at the time. However, now we see that a Megalovania remix actually is in the game. Meanwhile, there was that instance of the two songs related to Geno being taken down from YouTube, with us knowing that 1) SE doesn't like to provide remixes and 2) SE tends to give two songs per character (2 for Cloud, 2 for each Hero alternate).

Geno seems... pretty damn likely now. "

There's also all of the other evidence in Geno's favor, which I'm sure most people here already would be aware of.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Yeah at this point with the confirmation of Megalovania being taken down (I was wrong about that) and there is no Geno mii costume, I can see Geno almost being a lock for the final character. Unless Sakurai has somebody else in mind.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Doom Guy at the Game Awards is going to happen.
It wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah at this point with the confirmation of Megalovania being taken down (I was wrong about that) and there is no Geno mii costume, I can see Geno almost being a lock for the final character. Unless Sakurai has somebody else in mind.
It just seems too fitting to end this game's roster with Geno as Sakurai has been trying to get him in Smash for 11 years now. I kind of expect Geno to be the final newcomer in Ultimate.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
It wouldn't surprise me.

It just seems too fitting to end this game's roster with Geno as Sakurai has been trying to get him in Smash for 10 years now. I kind of expect Geno to be the final newcomer in Ultimate.
I certainly hope geno isn't the final dlc fighter revealed. I don't want to wait that long to play him. I'd be perfectly ok with him being in the next three revealed

Dynamic Worlok

It would suck if we had to wait that long for him, but it would certainly be better than him not getting in at all.
Agreed 100 percent. But I'm gonna hope for a best case and second best case scenario in geno either closing out the fighters pass, or opening the second wave of DLC

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So, glad Geno still has a chance. Sounds like I have a meme to make that sums up yesterday.

I'm genuinely excited for more fighters. I actually have a few predictions now that the flood gates are open.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Call me crazy, but since we got more DLC on the way and the hype train is going be running for probably another year, let's try to surpass the Ridley Smash 4 thread. Yes, that will be our next milestone if not playable status. We are only 563 pages away from surpassing the Ridley Smash 4 thread if you guys are up to the challenge.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Call me crazy, but since we got more DLC on the way and the hype train is going be running for probably another year, let's try to surpass the Ridley Smash 4 thread. Yes, that will be our next milestone if not playable status. We are only 563 pages away from surpassing the Ridley Smash 4 thread if you guys are up to the challenge.
Challenge Accepted (by me)

Dynamic Worlok

To quote Fabio: "challenge accept!"

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
THERE'S NO WAY HE'S NOT COMING.

Sakurai stressed that he was going all in - he was doing it all for the fans. The Sans costume came because the fans wanted it. Geno's costume didn't coincide with the third party costume reveals. Also SUPER MARIO RPG IS NOT YET RELEASED ON THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE. It's not included with that first batch of games. I'm thinking he will release, maybe first in the next pack (if not DLC Fighter #5), and he will coincide with the release of SMRPG on the VC. I could see the same thing happening with PORKY too!!!

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So, who all do you think will be in the DLC lineup?
I'm going to assume that if the 10 slots do get filled, we could most likely see:

First-Party:
Bandana Dee
Porky
New Pokemon (Regigigas pls)
Medusa (Echo Fighter)
Impa(?)

Third-Party:
Geno
Shantae
Rayman
Doom Slayer
Crash Bandicoot

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm guessing we'll get 3-4 bonus DLC characters. If I had to pick specific ones...

5. Ryu Hayabusa (seems to continue the trend of Sakurai including long-running series that haven't been in Smash before in the Fighter's Pass)

1. Geno (this is more of a hunch than anything - when I saw that they were making more characters beyond the Fighter's Pass, I figured that he had to be one of them given the sheer amount of demand behind him and his conspicuously absent Mii costume)
2. Doomguy (his demand for Smash seems to be more recent, so I'm not sure if he'd make it into the original Fighter's Pass. The same thing goes for Dante, who could be here instead)
3. Elma (if Rex and Pyra are still ineligible - otherwise, they could be here instead)
4. Crash Bandicoot (assuming that a deal can be worked out with Activision - given how prominent the character's been as of late, if they have the option to include him, it seems like a no-brainer)

Firox

Smash Master
I'm going to assume that if the 10 slots do get filled, we could most likely see:

First-Party:
Bandana Dee
Porky
Medusa (Echo Fighter)
Impa(?)

Third-Party:
Geno
Shantae
Rayman
Doom Slayer
Crash Bandicoot
In my totally honest and unbiased opinion, I could see the following getting in:

Geno
New Pokemon (likely Gen 8)
Doomslayer/Master Chief
Ryu H
Rayman
Crash
Porky
One of the Breath of the Wild Champions

After that, the sky is literally the limit. LOL I mean, before long, there basically won't be a noteable character that ISN'T in smash.

EDIT: I hope that means Isaac can still have a shot too as long as ATs no longer become the only deconfirming factor.

Last edited:

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
So with the extra DLC Fighters... They weren't confirmed to be in a 2nd Fighter's Pass, so I'm thinking they will probably just be like the Smash 4 DLC from now on out? (at least when the Fighter's Pass is finished).

Also, I would really like Geno to be the final DLC fighter... as long as there aren't 10 more characters after the pass. I really don't want to wait that long, BUT I will if it means he gets in. I'd say around 5 more fighters, but then that still leaves the extra slots unfilled (probably, if each fighter only takes up one).

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
I love when a Smash event occurs because all of my favorite internet communities to hide out in are abuzz with hype, speculation and so on. The only reason I contribute or participate in the discourse of Smash rumors and hype is because of Geno, my favorite character since I was a kid. Seeing him welcomed back into the gaming community as a Smash icon will be the coolest thing I ever see in gaming, and I can't wait for that almost inevitable moment.

More evidence exists today than it did yesterday, and the conspiracy that he's in is just as strong as before. I expected him to be deconfirmed or announced as a costume, and when he wasn't it just lead me to believe that we're still on the right track here. Apparently, I never knew that Nintendo copyright strike'd Megalovania, which is incredibly good news for those of you who thought there was weight ot those two SMRPG songs being struck by Nintendo last month. That's news to me, but the inclusion of Sans and Megalovania specifically point us in that direction. Aside from all of the other information we've collected (over the YEARS) this decision to keep pleasing the fans is going to be a wonderous thing for us. Still no Mii costume, still no "Spirits Deconfirm Fighters" confirmation, nothing to deconfirm him... Geno haters be damned. We're gonna continue to be vocal, we're gonna continue to support Operation Starfall, and we're gonna wait out the inevitable arrival of our boy.

I know we always suddenly think there's a call-to-arms when we have more reason to support the boy, but I think what we're doing is plenty. Keep this thread active, participate in any and all discussions of the character (boards, social media, 4chan, Gamefaqs), support initiatives like Operation Starfall, vote in user polls and don't let them forget, but don't think we have to do much more. I'm so confident going into this that he is a lock that I think we can afford to calmly continue giving good hype and energy into the concept and we'll see our star boi soon enough.

Oh yeah, and my DLC ideas:
#5 - Doom Slayer
#6 - Porky Minch (w/ Earthbound for SNES VC)
#7 - Geno (w/ SMRPG for SNES VC)

Last edited:

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice

First-Party:
Bandana Dee
Porky
Medusa (Echo Fighter)
Impa(?)

Third-Party:
Geno
Shantae
Rayman
Doom Slayer
Crash Bandicoot
Here we go, in no particular order:

- Dixie Kong
- Porky
- Marx
- Paper Mario
- Geno
- Earthworm Jim
- Arle Nadja
- Reimu Hakurei
Make it happen plis sakurai-chan! Especially the last one :c so many epic songs

(PS: Now my chances to get Athena are virtually zero X_x)

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

First-Party:
Bandana Dee
Porky
Medusa (Echo Fighter)
Impa(?)

Third-Party:
Geno
Shantae
Rayman
Doom Slayer
Crash Bandicoot
I can debate the Pokemon representative all day, but man I love your list for who should get in. This would be excellent.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

First-Party:
Bandana Dee
Porky
Medusa (Echo Fighter)
Impa(?)

Third-Party:
Geno
Shantae
Rayman
Doom Slayer
Crash Bandicoot
Pack 1
5# doomguy (both doom 64 and doom eternal come out in November and terry also comes out in November could easily announce doomguy for smash around here since they could show him while showing terry off)

As for the other

Geno (3 packs in still no geno costume and probably the most requested character to date now that we got :ultridley::ultkrool: and :ultbanjokazooie: but it really all comes down to if spirits don’t deconfirm or not also let’s see if spirits could get promoted to fighter spirits as well)
Ryu Hayabusa (I’m having a hard time not seeing this happen pretty much the only other iconic nes era character left in my eyes and things looking up)
Crash bandicoot (there no way it’s not happening at this point I said if there’s a wave 2 it’s almost guaranteedj

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
There is one thing that I'm legit salty about when it comes to Terry Bogard's announcement. For a good while I've been saying that it would be killer to announce a fighting game character at EVO, that I think it would be possible that would happen since the first three DLC characters followed a theme. Persona 5 nominated for GOTY in 2017 so announce at the Game Awards, Microsoft & Square Enix host press conference at E3 so announce Banjo & Hero at E3.

So as we know Nintendo was the one company out of the 9 main EVO event that announced nothing. They ended EVO with nothing. And now 1 month later they announce Terry "ARE YOU OKAY!?" Bogard in an amazing trailer. It was such a waste to not announce that at EVO. That's the crowd that would love to see that, you would probably have to carry a quarter of them out on stretching because of the shock. Such a missed opportunity.

But oh well, at least he's in and he legit looks good. Also I hope that his neutral special has him saying some of his famous Engrish lines so Kirby can say them as well.

Dynamic Worlok

There is one thing that I'm legit salty about when it comes to Terry Bogard's announcement. For a good while I've been saying that it would be killer to announce a fighting game character at EVO, that I think it would be possible that would happen since the first three DLC characters followed a theme. Persona 5 nominated for GOTY in 2017 so announce at the Game Awards, Microsoft & Square Enix host press conference at E3 so announce Banjo & Hero at E3.

So as we know Nintendo was the one company out of the 9 main EVO event that announced nothing. They ended EVO with nothing. And now 1 month later they announce Terry "ARE YOU OKAY!?" Bogard in an amazing trailer. It was such a waste to not announce that at EVO. That's the crowd that would love to see that, you would probably have to carry a quarter of them out on stretching because of the shock. Such a missed opportunity.

But oh well, at least he's in and he legit looks good. Also I hope that his neutral special has him saying some of his famous Engrish lines so Kirby can say them as well.
I'm gonna be so mad if I don't get at least one over the top BUSTA WORF!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, as people have said before, since they saw the demand for freaking Sans, I'm sure they're aware of how much the world wants Geno. People here and in Japan are dying for him. In fact, I'm pretty damn sure his eastern fan base is what started everything, given the eastern fan base wanted him in since Melee, and the western fan base largely started with Brawl. People often say Geno is a strictly western pick; I have to disagree.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You know if we get geno once and for all I can predict sans might get in the same way geno did in smash 6 if it happens

(First a mii costume then playable)

Staarih

Smash Master
With more DLC announced, I'm putting more faith into Geno making it. But I'm still concerned his Mii costume may show up, especially with seeing how Sans is accompanied by a song, Geno + Beware of the Forest's Mushroom would make an ideal pack as well. Why he hasn't shown up yet is beyond me though, so here's hoping the costume isn't saved for later but rather Geno makes it into playable form.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
So, uh.

Never mind my certainty that Geno was out. Guess I'm back on this wild ride unless the thread goes to hell in a handbasket again. :colorful:

A possible ten more characters with fan requests running low... new DLC planned at a later date, so spirits no longer deconfirm... Sakurai wanting to please more fans...

I've never been more hopeful.
I'm glad you're feeling so good about this. I am also riding high. Hoping you're enjoying Banjo as much as I am :)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm glad you're feeling so good about this. I am also riding high. Hoping you're enjoying Banjo as much as I am :)
I can't even begin to TELL you how much fun they are. I'm having a bit of difficulty getting the hang of them, but I can't even care. I love them so much that I will do whatever it takes to master them. Besides, as long as I'm having fun, why bother doing anything else? ;)

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
With more DLC announced, I'm putting more faith into Geno making it. But I'm still concerned his Mii costume may show up, especially with seeing how Sans is accompanied by a song, Geno + Beware of the Forest's Mushroom would make an ideal pack as well. Why he hasn't shown up yet is beyond me though, so here's hoping the costume isn't saved for later but rather Geno makes it into playable form.
This is something I began thinking about after the Megaman series costumes were shown, but Fatmanonice Fatmanonice had a great post yesterday going over why it made sense for those costumes to get revealed with pack 3 and how that may actually be a good thing for Geno’s chances. I could see them including Beware the Mushroom Forest and Battle against an Armed Boss with a costume but I also think with Cloud only getting two songs and each DQ Hero receiving 2 songs per game that may just be exactly what SE would be willing to provide to another character as annoying as that may be. The next costume pack announcements are going to be incredibly suspenseful though that’s for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom