• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hello people!

I’ve seen a lot of talk on Discord about Geno hopefully being a bonus fighter, which is awesome to see after many months of concern.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So, aside from the Smash DLC we're expecting to see tomorrow, what do you guys hope to see in the Direct?
My dreams are is more info on Bayonetta 3 with Kid Icarus content involve.
Kingdom Hearts Port.
MonolithSoft new project that looks to be a medieval fantasy.
Give us those SNES Online games you monster!
Golden Sun Remake of the first two game combine together.
The mystery of that Mario watermelon picture.
Waluigi getting in Luigi's Mansion 3.
Bring back some old IPs.
Retro Studio... doing something... hopefully.
And let's get some more Wii U ports.

I don't expect much, Nintendo has been on a role with making a lot of games and getting them out quick so it's hard to really expect much, which is all good.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ladies and gentleman, what are your predictions for tomorrow's Direct? Mine are Luigi's Mansion 3 release date and overview, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles release date, Link's Awakening overview, Banjo & Kazooie DLC release date, ect, ect, SNK rep/Terry Smash reveal trailer.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
What if we got upgrades of stage hazards? Like nabbit, flying man, the shy guys in karts, etc
That's actually one thing I hope they do with Terry Bogard's update is that they balance out the issues with the hazardless stages. So far they've been alright but there are things like Arena Ferox which is randomised instead of going straight to the least obtrusive one or Wario Ware where the blast lines are too close to the stage. Terry does come from a fighting game where things are supposed to be balanced so maybe his update will address those issues?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, aside from the Smash DLC we're expecting to see tomorrow, what do you guys hope to see in the Direct?
Luigi's Mansion 3
Mario & Luigi Trilogy on Switch
Link's Awakening(2019)
Metroid Prime 4 or Bayonetta 3
Star Fox?
Pokemon:Sword & Shield(eeehhhhh)
Earthbound Trilogy
Fire Emblem Awakening Characters in Three Houses(Making some random guesses people)
Pikmin 4
Game & Watch gets a game
The Last Story Switch Port with online and some new stuff(except the mobile continuation please don't add that)
Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympic Games DLC Playable Characters
Rare Replay
Halo: Master Chief Collection
Banjo & Kazooie's Showcase for Smash
The Next Fighter.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ladies and gentleman, what are your predictions for tomorrow's Direct? Mine are Luigi's Mansion 3 release date and overview, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles release date, Link's Awakening overview, ect, ect, SNK rep/Terry Smash reveal trailer.
Not so much predictions but hopes

Mario Maker 2 DLC. Any, but preferably Mario 2/ USA
Sirfetch'd revealed as real and awesome looking

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
And so we begin anew. If there is a fighters pass 2.0, what characters do you think would be added?
Geno
Isaac
ARMS
Rex & Pyra
Akira from Astral Chain

Also I feel like Byleth and Pokemon Gen 8 would be part of it as well.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Did someone call for a Ninja? Because my name is Ryu and I would be more than happy to take my rightful place in smash. Just go ahead and give me the envelope....or I will hadouken you.
Ryu.png

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be pretty happy. And I'll play Super Mario RPG for the first time.

Really? What kind of stuff have you made?
Original stuff for a game I was making. Development was smooth and then I went and complicated it by buying a house.

D

Deleted member

I have a feeling that tomorrow we’ll see the gameplay trailer for the Marvel Knights DLC in UA3 and a reveal of a Collector’s Edition for DQXI S.

The later based on this part of the Overwatch leak
C2623D75-19F6-4185-9D93-772EB7DFC35B.jpeg

ZelDan

Smash Master
What I'm curious about is what that Mario pic with the Watermelon is pointing towards.

I'd actually love it if it were a Sunshine remaster as I never played that Mario game. Odyssey DLC would also be cool. If it were a Sunshine 2, then that would be a neat reveal, but then I'd have to figure out how I'd go about playing the first Sunshine...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sirfetch'd is totally going to be like Alolan Alakazam. Part of a rumor where everything in it turns out to be true but it doesn't happen. I wanted that fighting type alakazam.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Sirfetch'd is totally going to be like Alolan Alakazam. Part of a rumor where everything in it turns out to be true but it doesn't happen. I wanted that fighting type alakazam.
I’d be very surprised considering he the farfetch’d evo/dynamax was a part of the /vp/ leak

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Umm....Hi gang. I like Geno and love everyone of you. Yes, even the ones on Ignore, because at the end of the day, we are all human.

I would love to see what Alpha Dream has been doing! I hope we get a taste of that tomorrow. Also, update on Metroid Prime 4 would be nice.

P47

Smash Apprentice
And so we begin anew. If there is a fighters pass 2.0, what characters do you think would be added?
(First party franchises only)
  • Waluigi (Backlash was acknowledged)
  • Skull Kid (Got one of the best Mii costumes (imo) and has been a steady fan request for a long time)
  • Isaac (Same boat as Waluigi but also got a Mii costume)
  • Ashley (Has Mii costume, Warioware is in a much better spot than before, and I feel like Sakurai's pretty chill with the series)
  • Geno (Needs no introduction itt)
  • Honorable mention/bonus: Chorus Kids (iirc were planned for 4)
Bandana Dee is my personal most wanted but I have 0 faith that he'll get in tbh

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
(First party franchises only)
  • Waluigi (Backlash was acknowledged)
  • Skull Kid (Got one of the best Mii costumes (imo) and has been a steady fan request for a long time)
  • Isaac (Same boat as Waluigi but also got a Mii costume)
  • Ashley (Has Mii costume, Warioware is in a much better spot than before, and I feel like Sakurai's pretty chill with the series)
  • Geno (Needs no introduction itt)
  • Honorable mention/bonus: Chorus Kids (iirc were planned for 4)
Bandana Dee is my personal most wanted but I have 0 faith that he'll get in tbh
Bandana Dee isn't a character I really want, but I support him as he is one of the biggest omissions from the roster. Let's hope he's DEELC.

Edit: Wait... Did PolarPanda PolarPanda /Sabi leave the chat?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ladies and gentleman, what are your predictions for tomorrow's Direct? Mine are Luigi's Mansion 3 release date and overview, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles release date, Link's Awakening overview, Banjo & Kazooie DLC release date, ect, ect, SNK rep/Terry Smash reveal trailer.
I'm going to be a smelly ******* and say that we're going to get something about Smash that blindsides us. I was talking with some friends earlier and kind of had deja vu: it seems like every time we seem to corner Nintendo with Smash information, they still manage to surprise us. Terry being leaked honestly reminds of Simon accidentally being leaked. We were all hue hueing to ourselves about how dumb Nintendo was and then Nintendo caused us to drop our pants at the annual school play when we got Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, and K. Rool too. I could see that happening again. We knew about Ridley, Snake, and the Ice Climbers but then got BTFO by Everyone is Here. We knew about Ken and Inceniroar but then got Piranha Plant. People said I was a dumb loser for expecting two characters at E3 and, lo and behold, I got to be a smug **** when Hero and Banjo were revealed. No, this isn't based on anything I know but Nintendo's kind of been able to hold its cards with this game and I will be surprised if tomorrow passes and the only new things we hear about are Bear and Terr.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be a smelly ******* and say that we're going to get something about Smash that blindsides us. I was talking with some friends earlier and kind of had deja vu: it seems like every time we seem to corner Nintendo with Smash information, they still manage to surprise us. Terry being leaked honestly reminds of Simon accidentally being leaked. We were all hue hueing to ourselves about how dumb Nintendo was and then Nintendo caused us to drop our pants at the annual school play when we got Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, and K. Rool too. I could see that happening again. We knew about Ridley, Snake, and the Ice Climbers but then got BTFO by Everyone is Here. We knew about Ken and Inceniroar but then got Piranha Plant. People said I was a dumb loser for expecting two characters at E3 and, lo and behold, I got to be a smug **** when Hero and Banjo were revealed. No, this isn't based on anything I know but Nintendo's kind of been able to hold its cards with this game and I will be surprised if tomorrow passes and the only new things we hear about are Bear and Terr.
HawkeyeDontGiveMeHope.gif

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
He's right you know.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
I don't know how many people would like this, but I'd personally be pretty excited if we got even one new echo fighter for free/very cheap. Though if they do more echos, I feel like they might save it for an echo pass? Either way, just give me Impa or Octolings (would say Shadow too, but assist), those would be my perfect echoes.

Bob-Omber

Smash Cadet
In the corner drinking a frosty with a straw
That's actually one thing I hope they do with Terry Bogard's update is that they balance out the issues with the hazardless stages. So far they've been alright but there are things like Arena Ferox which is randomised instead of going straight to the least obtrusive one or Wario Ware where the blast lines are too close to the stage. Terry does come from a fighting game where things are supposed to be balanced so maybe his update will address those issues?
Oh i actually meant what if those hazards i mentioned turned into characters in a future pass but some stages do need fixing especially that wario ware one imo

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I don't know how many people would like this, but I'd personally be pretty excited if we got even one new echo fighter for free/very cheap. Though if they do more echos, I feel like they might save it for an echo pass? Either way, just give me Impa or Octolings (would say Shadow too, but assist), those would be my perfect echoes.
I still think we're gonna get a first party pass with echos instead of stages packaged in.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
The only way I can see Nintendo blindsiding people with Smash Bros is if they made the SNK character two/three in one fighter by implement the tag feature, making SNK the first company to get two/three unique fighters from the same series in Smash Bros. There's no way that's going to happen though. I know I'm a debby downer, but I have a hard time seeing a DLC Challenger Pack getting the Pokemon Trainer treatment. That's would require a lot of time to make, it would be awesome but I feel extremely unrealistic.

Maybe the surprise is that Terry get's his SNK Heroines design as an alt costume... but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
If geno gets revealed tomorrow, (thats no gonna happen but okay) how do you feel about that?
I'd be super happy as the only character we got that I actually wanted was Chrom, so to have another that'd please both me and this entire thread would be amazing. I'd probably cry irl tbh lol.

Also, hi thread! I'm mostly lurking nowadys, but it's good to pop in and say something sometimes, you know? Hope everyone is excited as I am for the Direct tomorrow! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom