• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
And so we begin anew. If there is a fighters pass 2.0, what characters do you think would be added?
I honestly hope if we do get a fighters pass 2.0, it focuses on fan favorite characters that became spirits initially. Like the WoL plot wrapping up allows them to be free and finally join the battle.

D

Deleted member

User warned for trolling.
Remember that one time I said that Sakurai is punishing Geno fans for their infighting? Now the mods are doing it too!

So how much time are you guys gonna spend apologizing to each other and every other character speculation community when Geno ends up being challenger pack 5 and every leaker sent Geno fans in specific on the downward spiral express because they knew Geno people have the best sleuthing skills in the business and we were getting too close to the truth?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
And we are back to our originally scheduled programming. Good evening Geno fans. Before you plan your evening out we have some weather updates. Starting tonight we are going to have a 75% chance of Cloudy with a Chance of Genoballs so make sure to bring your Geno umbrella or Geno coat. Tomorrow we are looking at a high of Geno with a low of Geno with a 100% chance of a Nintendo Direct airing. This has been your weather report form the Geno News Network. Up next we have the Everyone Loves Geno marathon so stay tuned.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
And so we begin anew. If there is a fighters pass 2.0, what characters do you think would be added?
well it's hard to say until we get a good idea what the direction their going with it, assuming its packaged together again anyway. I would hope for a focus on upgrades or nintendo stuff so geno and issac have a shot again as well as other big requests people have like dee and shantae and skull kid, in fact make that my line up for pass 2 right there why not.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That doesn't seem like a fair comparison; outside of Master Chief, a Sony-owned character, or maybe Banjo and Kazooie, I'm not sure if anything could outweigh Cloud.
As big as Cloud is, Banjo & Kazooie were more shocking as they're 2nd party characters to a rivalling competitor Microsoft.

Maybe Nintendo does have him hostage....quick we need to storm Nintendo HQ to save Sakurai. They can’t stop all of us,
Nintendo vs the Smashboards community!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok y'all. I'm going to have to step in here.

I haven't been here in the last week so I don't know exactly what's going on. But I heard that there has been some extremely heated arguments and potentially trolls baiting you all into emotional reactions.

As a former troll, I can tell you right now the fastest way to shut down a troll is just to not respond. Maybe a troll will continue to post for a while but they'll eventually get bored and go away. The only time trolling becomes a real problem is when it's a raid, in which case it's best to get a mod involved. Otherwise, just leave them alone.

Think of trolls like Angler fish. The throw out a bait and watch as helpless guppies and lured toward it. The wait, mouths filled with saliva. Slowly, carefully, methodically. Then STRIKE. BAM. You are sucked right in their belly.

Trolls are like bullies. They have little self esteem and lack of purpose in their life. They feel helpless and powerless. But, they find ways to feel a little bit of power in their life. Picking on people that are smaller than them or driving slowly on the road. Little things. But it gives them a small rush of dopamine (Or serotonin. Whatever, that's not the point) . This ONE moment, this person has control. They may not have control over their life. But this one moment.

Don't give them that rush. Don't fall for the bait. Act civil and try and have a discussion with them. If it becomes apparent they aren't here to have a conversation just ignore them. There is an ignore option.

Don't let the troll have power over you. They get enjoyment from the fact they made you feel negative emotions. I've had my entire days ruined from those emotions.

Just don't. Life is better that way.

You should be able to pin posts in forums.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I honestly hope if we do get a fighters pass 2.0, it focuses on fan favorite characters that became spirits initially. Like the WoL plot wrapping up allows them to be free and finally join the battle.
I would absolutely love the irony of this. After all the vitriol about spirits deconfirming characters, to have Sakurai make an entire fighters pass out of them? Beautiful.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Remember that one time I said that Sakurai is punishing Geno fans for their infighting? Now the mods are doing it too!

So how much time are you guys gonna spend apologizing to each other and every other character speculation community when Geno ends up being challenger pack 5 and every leaker sent Geno fans in specific on the downward spiral express because they knew Geno people have the best sleuthing skills in the business and we were getting too close to the truth?
This reply is pretty high on a list of what not to do following a thread reopening. To your intended point, pretty much every thread does this nonsense at one point or another. It really only takes one or two hostile people showing up for the whole thread to veer off topic. Like I said, the report feature is the best way to deal with those folks.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I hope that any future dlc is focused on fan requests. Geno, Isaac, and maybe even Waluigi. Give the players who they want.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, aside from the Smash DLC we're expecting to see tomorrow, what do you guys hope to see in the Direct?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly, I hope that any future dlc is focused on fan requests. Geno, Isaac, and maybe even Waluigi. Give the players who they want.
Don't forget my gal Krystal as well as Shantae, Skull Kid, and Shovel Knight.

I really want to see crystal chronicles
Me too. It was one of my childhood games on the Gamecube and I never got to finish it back in the day because of not being able to advance because of not having another player and a stupid Gameboy Advance adapter.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Since the fifth fighter of the fighter pass is currently unknown, I think I might have a theory about who it is. The fighter pass has been entirely Sakurai picks, characters he's wanted to include for a long time or just characters he really loves. (He wanted to put in Banjo since Melee, and probably has wanted DQ reps for a while too. KoF inspired smash, and persona 5 inspired Smash Ultimate in a lot of ways.)

So the last of the fighter pass is likely to be another character Sakurai really wants... someone he's wanted to include for a long time... someone who may or may not have inspired the "lore" of smash, being a kid making his toys fight each other.................... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.............

So, aside from the Smash DLC we're expecting to see tomorrow, what do you guys hope to see in the Direct?
More BOTW 2 stuff, SNES games on the Switch Online thingy, etc...

As far as things that we don't already expect? I *REALLY* hope they announce a new kirby game. It's been a bit since Star Allies got finished with it's DLC content and such, so announcing a new game could happen. I really hope it does. Kirby games are my life.

PurpleGiraffesMeow

Smash Rookie
I am super hype for LM3! And I'm hoping for some promising pokemon news as well. As for things not confirmed- Pikmin 4 and something odyssey/sunshine related would be sweet!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's Mother's 30th anniversary this month I believe so Mother 3 as unlikely as that sounds.

(He wanted to put in Banjo since Melee
That's incorrect as SwitchButton SwitchButton already said he was just planned to be a trophy. And he was the 2nd most popular Rareware character on the Melee polls right behind James Bond even though he really isn't a Rareware character.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
That's not actually true. He's only ever said that there were plans to make Banjo a TROPHY before the buyout.
Eh, I guess that's fair enough, but I don't think it's out of the question to think Sakurai has wanted to make him playable too. He doesn't always tell us who he wants to make playable until he's already done it.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
SNES games for Switch Online (I have a JPN profile and I want to play Super Famicom exclusive games), Rare Replay for the Switch, and maybe more new Pokémon (if there are any). Not really expecting too much.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That's not actually true. He's only ever said that there were plans to make Banjo a TROPHY before the buyout.
Interesting. I wonder how this escalated to what PokefreakofBACON indicated. Do you have a source of Sakurai mentioning Banjo as a trophy in Melee?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Literally anyone I guess, even Nintendo characters. Probably no ATs or Pokeballs tho, but everyone else is fair game

D

Deleted member

is it bad that I only look forward to directs for the Smash content? It's not that I'm not interested in other games, it's just that they don't feel as important. Like "yeah great games we basically already knew were gonna come out" vs a character reveal that can change the face of a competitive metagame.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Release date of Banjo & Kazooie
Banjo Kazooie+Tooie ports (which I seriously could see be shadow dropped if they are announced)
Super Mario Party 2 (the first one was lackluster but a step in the right direction
Pikmin 4 news, although it's probably a dead project at this point.
The supposed project that the starling picture is connected to so it gets solved already.

The SNES games would be awesome, but I rather have them doing a proper VC. It´s sad when a Virtual Console on a console that came out in the mid 00 had superior support of older titles then Switch has.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It is I! Ge...Terry. Yes that's right. Terry from the King of Fighters series. I'm flattered you're all excited for my reveal tommorow. Buster Wolf punch or whatever I say.
IMG_0421.PNG

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
is it bad that I only look forward to directs for the Smash content? It's not that I'm not interested in other games, it's just that they don't feel as important. Like "yeah great games we basically already knew were gonna come out" vs a character reveal that can change the face of a competitive metagame.
I mean, everyone has a favourite kind of pie or cake.. and that's ok!
(This is not intended to start a pie/cake discussion once again in this thread)

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see the return of an actual virtual console. I want to buy a select few NES and SNES games, not deal with a rotating stock of them.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Anything related to Advance Wars.

But aside from that, Rare Replay and whatever the Gamecube remaster is.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm going to be honest! I'd much rather see more third party characters get in! I feel we've pretty much got every Nintendo icon in the game while we're only scratching the surface for more potential third party characters.
Right now we have 13 (15) third party characters including:ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ulthero::ultjoker::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultken::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic:

There are still plenty of third party characters we could see be added like Master Chief, Sora, Doom Guy, Lloyd Irving, Crash Bandicoot, Chris Redfield, etc. so I'd much rather look forward to more third parties as it's more exciting to see what company Nintendo joins up with next.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Interesting. I wonder how this escalated to what PokefreakofBACON indicated. Do you have a source of Sakurai mentioning Banjo as a trophy in Melee?
Eh, I guess that's fair enough, but I don't think it's out of the question to think Sakurai has wanted to make him playable too. He doesn't always tell us who he wants to make playable until he's already done it.
My mistake. It wasn't a trophy, Sakurai just immediately dismissed the idea of any Rare characters becoming playable in Melee.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/04/29/duflupdate/

But either way Banjo has never actually been on Sakurai's "want" list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom