• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So, aside from the Smash DLC we're expecting to see tomorrow, what do you guys hope to see in the Direct?
The endless struggle to finally see F-Zero come back from the dead. :^(

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So, aside from the Smash DLC we're expecting to see tomorrow, what do you guys hope to see in the Direct?
Luigi's Mansion 3 and Sordensheald are confirmed to be coming, and I'm positive that we'll get the next Smash character revealed, whom'stever that may be. It's also possible that we'll see Banjo & Kazooie showcased with their release date given. We may also get a new Mario game if that image is the tease we think it is. SNES games for Switch would be nice as well.
Other than that, I'm still hoping for all the usual stuff: Mother 3 english release, new F-Zero, Pikmin 4 being confirmed to come out sometime before I die, ports/remasters/sequels of gamecube games like TTYD, Melee and Sunshine, a new game for an old, forgotten franchise like Startropics or Mach Rider, N64 Classic...
Repostan.
Interesting. I wonder how this escalated to what PokefreakofBACON indicated. Do you have a source of Sakurai mentioning Banjo as a trophy in Melee?
"Rare Ltd. trophies: “Well, it was hardly surprising: Conker had only appeared in DKR at that point and Banjo-Kazooie was in development at the same time as Smashy [sic]. Memory tells me there were almost a boatload of Rare character trophies in Melee at one point, but it never happened.”

Rare Scribes, September 18, 2009"
Source
Guess I came back at the wrong time, lol
Nah, it's a perfect time! :ultpacman:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Now that you mention "missing", I remember back in the Melee days wanting 4 specific characters. K.Rool, Boshi, Geno and Wart from SMB2 (USA or Doki Doki Panic)
I think Wart'd be a sick of a character
Me too. In fact, he should be the retro rep for Smash 6.

My mistake. It wasn't a trophy, Sakurai just immediately dismissed the idea of any Rare characters becoming playable in Melee.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/04/29/duflupdate/

But either way Banjo has never actually been on Sakurai's "want" list.
I can't remember were I heard someone saying there were going to be Rare trophies in Melee. I believed it too since Diddy Kong didn't have a trophy.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok y'all. I'm going to have to step in here.

I haven't been here in the last week so I don't know exactly what's going on. But I heard that there has been some extremely heated arguments and potentially trolls baiting you all into emotional reactions.

As a former troll, I can tell you right now the fastest way to shut down a troll is just to not respond. Maybe a troll will continue to post for a while but they'll eventually get bored and go away. The only time trolling becomes a real problem is when it's a raid, in which case it's best to get a mod involved. Otherwise, just leave them alone.

Think of trolls like Angler fish. The throw out a bait and watch as helpless guppies and lured toward it. The wait, mouths filled with saliva. Slowly, carefully, methodically. Then STRIKE. BAM. You are sucked right in their belly.

Trolls are like bullies. They have little self esteem and lack of purpose in their life. They feel helpless and powerless. But, they find ways to feel a little bit of power in their life. Picking on people that are smaller than them or driving slowly on the road. Little things. But it gives them a small rush of dopamine (Or serotonin. Whatever, that's not the point) . This ONE moment, this person has control. They may not have control over their life. But this one moment.

Don't give them that rush. Don't fall for the bait. Act civil and try and have a discussion with them. If it becomes apparent they aren't here to have a conversation just ignore them. There is an ignore option.

Don't let the troll have power over you. They get enjoyment from the fact they made you feel negative emotions. I've had my entire days ruined from those emotions.

Just don't. Life is better that way.

You should be able to pin posts in forums.
And amendment to my post.

Sometimes both you and the other person forget that the text you read on screen ARE actually living breathing people. Sometimes it's easy to just think of them as nothing but text. But we're all people with out own wants, desires, and feelings. So, just remember that when you respond to someone.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I have an idea, which I can look into. What if we attempt a writing campaign. Get yourself and anyone else you know to write some letters, emails, artwork, etc. to sway Nintendo into doing more DLC for Smash.

If we spread the word and get as many people to participate ... it certainly wouldn't hurt, especially if we make sure such letters/artwork/etc. is respectable and not bring out the "bad" of the fandom of whoever we are begging for.

D

Deleted member

Banjo's release date, and the 4th character reveal.

.........Wario Land please?......

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Swoosh are already two of my most anticipated games of the year, so I'll probably be satisfied either way. That said, any news on a new Mario RPG (if we see a Paper Mario game that looks good during this Direct, you bet I'll be popping the **** off), Kirby game, or Xenoblade spinoff (since we probably won't be seeing the next mainline Xeno-game for a while) would absolutely seal the deal for me.
Also, I'm really hoping we see hide or hair of Pikmin 4 just for the fans' sakes.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
The endless struggle to finally see F-Zero come back from the dead. :^(
I really don't get why Nintendo neglects the crap out of IPs like F-Zero. People even made Fast Racing Neo to try and scratch that itch, but Nintendo never got the message. At least Capcom had the smarts to realize the demand for another Megaman game after Mighty Number 9 tried their hand.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
And amendment to my post.

Sometimes both you and the other person forget that the text you read on screen ARE actually living breathing people. Sometimes it's easy to just think of them as nothing but text. But we're all people with out own wants, desires, and feelings. So, just remember that when you respond to someone.
Yeah, I keep forgetting that text needs to breathe all the time. :ultridley:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'll draw Terry-capped Geno sometime tonight
If you give me a version with T-Dawg as the writing on it, it would be the most blessed image ever.

(Inside college joke)

gotchu fam. pardon the fact I did it with a mouse but I'm not very good with a pencil anyway
Looks great! I would not have been able to tell that was from mouse. Have you ever considered pixel art?

Last edited:

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
If geno gets revealed tomorrow, (thats no gonna happen but okay) how do you feel about that?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I can create an email address for digital items as well as either a PO box or use my office address for mailed items and try to get a large quantity and mail those items off to Nintendo's Corporate office...

D

Deleted member

If geno gets revealed tomorrow, (thats no gonna happen but okay) how do you feel about that?
I will aggressively breathe in oxygen

In all seriousness though, I'd be screaming "YES!" so loud my parents would be wondering what I'm screaming about lol

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Just dropping a Geno art I did here because I feel it's very relevant. That's, uh, that's it. Definitely glad I decided to keep my distance from this thread apart from posting art. Whoof.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Man, lots of things have happened recently. This thread getting closed, multiple pages of discussion regarding who is "worthy" (which is NONSENSE) and a DIRECT is upon us.

Man, things are happening.

We will see if Terry or a Metal Slug Character happens or anyone else in the rare chance that someone else joins Ultimate.

And with a 40 minute direct there's bound to a LOT of reveals or new things on games.

I am crossing my fingers for new games like Pikmin 4 or maybe that what we have discussed so much before "potential RPG Mario title" as a sequel, remaster, remake, you name it.

There's too many things to consider and it is exciting. I honestly can't wait for tomorrow.

Hopefully Geno is in the future somehow...

:bowser::starman:.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I made this and I thought it was kind of funny and relevant. Sorry if I offend anyone. It's not meant to anyone specific because it's more of an in general thing. Mainly because it's a bit disappointing people hate Terry so much

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you give me a version with T-Dawg as the writing on it, it would be the most blessed image ever.

(Inside college joke)

Looks great! I would not have been able to tell that was from mouse. Have you ever considered pixel art?
I moonlight as a pixel artist but I've been too busy to keep on my craft.
to put it blunt I lose my mind

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
I ****ing swear to god, if that happens I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna ****ing do it I'm gonna drink TWO (not one) but TWO CUPS OF WATER *hits table*
I'd take it a step farther than this... I'd drink a cup of JUICE. That's right, JUICE. Or maybe even LEMONADE if I feel crazy.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
I'd like rare replay to be announced for switch since they will most likely be giving banjos release date tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom