• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
they wasted 4 slots on whoevers and gave us one fan demanded character.

there was a ballot
there were interviews
there was a mii costume

all meaningless. Hoping for Geno is a lost cause an unneeded stress tbh
It's not over until Sakurai sings and if Geno isn't in, you can all thank Square-Enix not Sakurai. Let me repeat that... SQUARE-ENIX!

D

Deleted member

1. Fighter 5
2. Possibility of more passes
3. Possibility of bonuses
4. No hope = dead support

Don't know about you, but I'm ride or die with the Geno Gang.
I've been riding and dying since character reveals started on the Brawl dojo. Eventually it hits that literally over half your life you've wanted to play a wooden doll in smash and you get nihilistic.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I Don't think the Character Sabi is talking about is gonna make the Community implode out of excitement or hype

I Think what she means is that due to this, after this reveal we probably know who DLC 5 is, hence the imploding part of it
Sounds to me like they're claiming Ryu Hayabusa.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
One thing I would like to suggest for people who have not purchased the fighter's pass:

Buy it.

If Nintendo is hesitant to do more DLC for Smash, the higher the sales, the higher the chances for another Pass, Individual DLC, etc. increases greatly Nintendo will do more. We know about the World Of Light slot Data mining ... so the slots are there. Also, Nintendo has said they want the Switch to have a longer than usual life ... so the chances are DLC is more likely than another Smash Game.

Let's make Smash Ultimate ... Ultimate!

Personally, though I may or may not get it or even beat it, I plan on purchasing the Dragon Quest game. I want Square Enix and Nintendo's slowly (or some ways quickly) improving partnership to grow. This could help Geno's chances.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wait...
If the last character's confirmation will somehow bring the chances of additional characters to life, then...
It would have to be something, or someone, that can grant wishes, or knows those who do...

GENO MADE IT HE'S IN BOYS
He says as his shaky hands drop the straws he's grasping at.
You know who can grant wishes? Genies. Who is a genie? Shantae of course. SHANTAE CONFIRMED!

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I've been riding and dying since character reveals started on the Brawl dojo. Eventually it hits that literally over half your life you've wanted to play a wooden doll in smash and you get nihilistic.
Hey, guess what, so have I. Others in here probably even longer than us. Guess what? Those people aren't insulting Sakurai's intelligence or decision making and claiming the ballot or costumes are the end-all-be-all of the Smash roster.

If he happens, he happens. I know when he does happen, I will literally cry in joy, and it will mean the world to me. But guess what? It's still a video game at the end of the day. Stop acting like you've been stabbed in the back when there is still PLENTY of time for things to change.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One thing I would like to suggest for people who have not purchased the fighter's pass:

Buy it.

If Nintendo is hesitant to do more DLC for Smash, the higher the sales, the higher the chances for another Pass, Individual DLC, etc. increases greatly Nintendo will do more. We know about the World Of Light slot Data mining ... so the slots are there. Also, Nintendo has said they want the Switch to have a longer than usual life ... so the chances are DLC is more likely than another Smash Game.

Let's make Smash Ultimate ... Ultimate!

Personally, though I may or may not get it or even beat it, I plan on purchasing the Dragon Quest game. I want Square Enix and Nintendo's slowly (or some ways quickly) improving partnership to grow. This could help Geno's chances.
This is why I always buy the characters whether I like them or not. Based on how this DLC has gone and is predicted to go, I kind of wonder if this DLC was a "test" of sorts. We'll see but I'm currently leaning much more on the positive side.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go play CTR. Spyro and Gnasty Gnorc await. Hopefully I can calm down. Unless a major fan rule is destroyed, I have a hard time imagining anything else could cause the community to explode besides that.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I don't know where the Ryu stuff is coming from. It was literally from the google theory and then he's everywhere.
There was a leak a few months ago that called Erdrick, Steve (could be mistaken for Banjo), Ryu and Doomguy. They've shown up in a lot of leaks because of this one. I don't buy Google Theory, as it work for 6 characters (if I buy that no one tried hero): Banjo, Ryu, Doomguy, Artorias and discovered in an effort to disprove it: Thanos.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
How you think I feel? I waited for :ultkrool:, :ultridley:, and :ultbanjokazooie: since Melee which is 17 to 18 years and I saw them miss 3 games before finally being included. So I was already at that point before Ultimate that they were probably never happening.

Last edited:

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Wait, there is true hope for a second season pass... I can hope for Waluigi, Isaac, and Shadow now (And Geno if he isn't character 5 along with Bandana Waddle Dee).

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I must say it again. BUY THE DLC PACK IF YOU HAVE NOT.

The chances are much higher for more DLC on the Switch compared to the WiiU or whatever for Nintendo. They want Switch to have a longer life cycle. They want more DLC.

Cement this desire for Nintendo!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait, there is true hope for a second season pass... I can hope for Waluigi, Isaac, and Shadow now (And Geno if he isn't character 5 along with Bandana Waddle Dee).
Yep. The 16 placeholders were found right at the beginning of DLC and people were originally theorizing that these spaces would be filled with ALTs. That has not been the case. It's all but confirmed that #1-4 won't have ALTs (at least with separate placeholders) and there's a big chance #5 won't either. That means there's a whooping 10 placeholders totally unaccounted for. Nothing may come of it but Nintendo's typically very deliberate in its actions. At least one other pass is looking pretty decent but, again, that's my own speculation.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yep. The 16 placeholders were found right at the beginning of DLC and people were originally theorizing that these spaces would be filled with ALTs. That has not been the case. It's all but confirmed that #1-4 won't have ALTs and there's a big chance #5 won't either. That means there's a whooping 10 placeholders totally unaccounted for. Nothing may come of it but Nintendo's typically very deliberate in its actions. At least one other pass is looking pretty decent but, again, that's my own speculation.
Can we please let Sakurai have a long vacation first before they even work on a FP 2 xD

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Man, what a wild ride! So the biggest thing we can do is narrow things down.

So Fighter 4 will give us a hint as to who Fighter 5 is. If this is the case then lets break it down. We all know its SNK, but lets test something.

If it is Ryu Hayabusa or Doom Slayer that is revealed, then the other is likely the next. This seems the less likely now, but could still blindside us.

If it is Terry Bogard, then Hayabusa is 5. Seems likely...But...

If it is Female fighter with flying weapon (Mai, Nakoruru or Athena), then fighter 5 is someone who is already in the game (Spirits do not deconfirm a potiental fighter)

I missed something...I will fix this. FIXED!! Sabi mentioned 4chan post, so Milkman "leak" is dead. Unless that was on 4chan at one point.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Man.

Everything has both come together and been ripped apart these last two days, haven't they? What a nutty labor day weekend.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Can we please let Sakurai have a long vacation first before they even work on a FP 2 xD
From Sakurai's comments, Nintendo's been super accomdating with this DLC this time around. He's working "normal" work hours and isn't being forced to work for weeks on end without days off. It's more lax and Nintendo isn't cracking the whip. It's basically a just regular job at the moment according to him.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Man, what a wild ride! So the biggest thing we can do is narrow things down.

So Fighter 4 will give us a hint as to who Fighter 5 is. If this is the case then lets break it down. We all know its SNK, but lets test something.

If it is Ryu Hayabusa or Doom Slayer that is revealed, then the other is likely the next. This seems the less likely now, but could still blindside us.

If it is Terry Bogard, then Hayabusa is 5. Seems likely...But...

If it is Female fighter with flying weapon (Mai, Nakoruru or Athena), then fighter 5 is someone who is already in the game (Spirits do not deconfirm a potiental fighter)

I missed something...I will fix this.
Watch there be a Geno doll in the background in the cutscenes for the SNK rep trailer lmao!

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
If the Ryu Hayabusa truly the last Fighter then it does feel like Sakurai really didn't like that Fighter Ballot seeing how we only got 4 characters out of the 13 newcomers and everyone else was turn into Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes and Spirits. Really shouldn't have included that Piranha Plant and try to even out the request characters. Really hating Plant more seeing how Sakurai already got his characters he was passionate about with Joker & KoF, seems like the only passion behind Piranha Plant was to tell fans of certain characters that people really wanted were all crap.

Oh and there was the Dragon Quest content. Sakurai got a lot of stuff that he wanted, HE DID NOT NEED PIRANHA PLANT!

Last edited:
So its sounding like Terry is all but confirmed at this point. Sigh. Really would have preferred a female character this time around since his design is too samey to Ken but oh well. Here’s hoping he’s actually fun.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a hot take, but I'm actually pretty glad this SNK stuff got leaked. The only thing worse than getting a character you personally have little knowledge of or interest in is getting super hyped when a trailer starts only to have no idea who the hell they just revealed.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I just had a thought about this SNK stuff; what if this was the thing that insider with the bird image was referring to when talking about something that was going to be salt-inducing? I don't remember if there were any more specifics surrounding that comment, so if it's already been clarified somewhere in this thread you can disregard this post. Though seeing this past activity here and elsewhere it seems to have lived up to that based on general reactions people have had about it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If the Ryu Hayabusa truly the last Fighter then it does feel like Sakurai really didn't like that Fighter Ballot seeing how we only got 4 characters out of the 13 newcomers and everyone else was turn into Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes and Spirits. Really shouldn't have included that Piranha Plant and try to even out the request characters. Really hating Plant more seeing how Sakurai already got his characters he was passionate about with Joker & KoF, seems like the only passion behind Piranha Plant was to tell fans of certain characters that people really wanted were all crap.

Oh and there was the Dragon Quest content. Sakurai got a lot of stuff that he wanted, HE DID NOT NEED PIRANHA PLANT!
Well, the Ballot was a suggestion box not a election.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
From Sakurai's comments, Nintendo's been super accomdating with this DLC this time around. He's working "normal" work hours and isn't being forced to work for weeks on end without days off. It's more lax and Nintendo isn't cracking the whip. It's basically a just regular job at the moment according to him.
Still doesn´t change the fact that the man needs a vacation. Even with these normal work hours, he still worked on the game while being at the hospital on top of still having an issue with his shoulder and the tenosynovitis issue... Heck he even worked while having food poison.

Someone should just stop the mad man before he kills himself through work

https://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-masahiro-sakurai-works-too-damn-har-1833057020

Well, looks like Crash isn't happening now.
Why¨s that?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So its sounding like Terry is all but confirmed at this point. Sigh. Really would have preferred a female character this time around since his design is too samey to Ken but oh well. Here’s hoping he’s actually fun.
As someone who has played KoF, Terry is pretty dang fun and unique.

Also I just realized...is his Up B really gonna be Rising Tackle?! If no one has seen it...go look it up. It is stupid and I love it!

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Yep. The 16 placeholders were found right at the beginning of DLC and people were originally theorizing that these spaces would be filled with ALTs. That has not been the case. It's all but confirmed that #1-4 won't have ALTs (at least with separate placeholders) and there's a big chance #5 won't either. That means there's a whooping 10 placeholders totally unaccounted for. Nothing may come of it but Nintendo's typically very deliberate in its actions. At least one other pass is looking pretty decent but, again, that's my own speculation.
I knew of those fighter slots, and I had hope for a second and possible third season of DLC (Especially since that is Waluigi, Isaac, and Shadow's only shot of joining DLC), but I didn't want to have hope until I had some insider evidence. But now I am truly confident that Waluigi and Isaac will be in the second pass, hopefully Shadow too... and Geno if he isn't fighter 5.

EDIT: Oh, I should probably mention that Waluigi and Isaac have been my most wanted characters since Brawl. Shadow, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Geno are the only other characters besides Waluigi and Isaac that I also really want.

Last edited:

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
Do bosses fill up these spaces? If so, will Gruntilda take one of these spots?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Watch there be a Geno doll in the background in the cutscenes for the SNK rep trailer lmao!
This isn't me trying to put words into anyone's mouth but judging from Fatman's comments and emphasis on the potential for future passes/bonus DLC I'm gonna go ahead and guess the 5th fighter Sabi has heard about isn't Geno. I'd love to be wrong though.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Still doesn´t change the fact that the man needs a vacation. Even with these normal work hours, he still worked on the game while being at the hospital on top of still having an issue with his shoulder and the tenosynovitis issue... Heck he even worked while having food poison.

Someone should just stop the mad man before he kills himself through work

https://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-masahiro-sakurai-works-too-damn-har-1833057020

Why¨s that?
i can agree, plus i believe sakurai might need to stay out of smash for a while so someone can work on the game while masahiro gives him tips on what to do or replace him. would sakurai be okay with someone else filling his shoes for smash? he has survived watching Kirby being done by someone else.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Haha oh ****

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1168633558971244544

"With the way things are sounding from what I've heard from a lot of people now, Smash speculation is gonna get REALLY wild after this next reveal, lol. This character is gonna lead to people assuming a certain other one is #5. Can't wait to see the community implode"
Idk what this is about.

What i do know, is that if sabi is now just toying with geno fans that’s an asshole move.

I mean it kinda is if she’s doing it to any fanbase....like, people have put so much faith in her, that to just toy with them now is kinda cruel.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
True, but also Smash Bros is a game that's sold to consumers so as the expression goes, give the people what they want.
The fanbases of the most popular characters don't represent everyone y'know.

Idk what this is about.

What i do know, is that if sabi is now just toying with geno fans that’s an ******* move.

I mean it kinda is if she’s doing it to any fanbase....like, people have put so much faith in her, that to just toy with them now is kinda cruel.
Sabi wouldn't be toying with us, that isn't like her at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom