• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Banjo coming out within the next two weeks is extremely interesting. I don't think it'll effect any of the remaining Fighter's Pass characters's development. However, I'm curious as to why they didn't just wait for the 20th with the amiibo and the beginning of fall. Makes you wonder...

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Honestly SNK is fine. This is just more proof in the Smash Community Pudding that Smash players don't really play other fighting games. I've seen this a lot and it seems to be a truth. I mean, just look at the separation between FGC and Smash that will ALWAYS be there! It's not just the FGC hating on Smash: it's also Smash fans thinking Smash is better than any other fighting game.

Also, Nintendo fans don't always branch out, and SNK was either in arcades or on non-Nintendo systems it would seem.

Also also, for SOME reason, Smash fans (who are, by proxy, fans of at least ONE fighting game) find it odd that a fighting game would crossover with another fighting game...when THAT is literally what fighting games do...ALL THE TIME!

Hell, one of the MOST iconic fighting game franchises of all time IS A CROSSOVER GAME!

WHERE YO CURLY MUSTACHE AT?!
I said it before and I will say it again. One of my favorite things about Smash is seeing characters fight you wouldn't normally see in a fighting game. Ryu and Terry show up in like every fighting game crossover. So like. Seeing them pop up in another fighter is not all too interesting to me.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Like who the **** could be connected to an SNK character that's not another SNK character? Unless the trailer has some sort of hint at the end.
That's the weird part of all of this. If it's SNK, let's assume Terry... Where could that lead speculation to go? No one really expected this.

My only real guess would be Tekken to "Round Out" the Fighting Game representation...?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Haha oh ****

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1168633558971244544

"With the way things are sounding from what I've heard from a lot of people now, Smash speculation is gonna get REALLY wild after this next reveal, lol. This character is gonna lead to people assuming a certain other one is #5. Can't wait to see the community implode"
All I'm saying is that if the ending of the trailer pans up and shows a star in some way shape or form I'm gonna freak though that's highly unlikely.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
That's the weird part of all of this. If it's SNK, let's assume Terry... Where could that lead speculation to go? No one really expected this.

My only real guess would be Tekken to "Round Out" the Fighting Game representation...?
I don't think that would cause speculation to implode though

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Haha oh ****

"With the way things are sounding from what I've heard from a lot of people now, Smash speculation is gonna get REALLY wild after this next reveal, lol. This character is gonna lead to people assuming a certain other one is #5. Can't wait to see the community implode"
I mean, the community's going to implode no matter who we get - this doesn't tell us anything new. (though there's a follow-up tweet where Sabi says that the specific character was mentioned in a 4chan leak along with character #4 - then again, a stopped clock is right twice a day)

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Haha oh ****

I'm ****ting myself haha who could it be?????? Who would an SNK character be linked to?? This is gonna keep me up all night now...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sabi: There's a certain person who is gonna back a character + fighter 4, who people trust quite a bit. And there's a 4chan leak that said fighter 4 + this same other character are the last two. I can already see the community going immediately to that 4chan post lol

She said that on Twitter. So there is a 4Chan leak out there that gives us all the answers. :surprised:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I mean, the community's going to implode no matter who we get - this doesn't tell us anything new. (though there's a follow-up tweet where Sabi says that the specific character was mentioned in a 4chan leak along with character #4 - then again, a stopped clock is right twice a day)
Edelgard and Geno leak?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I don't think that would cause speculation to implode though
Yeah, true...

Would an SNK character even cause an eruption? The way this is phrased makes me feel like there's somehow more to this than just SNK...

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Sabi: There's a certain person who is gonna back a character + fighter 4, who people trust quite a bit. And there's a 4chan leak that said fighter 4 + this same other character are the last two. I can already see the community going immediately to that 4chan post lol

She said that on Twitter. So there is a 4Chan leak out there that gives us all the answers. :surprised:
The one from 4chan that says Terry and Ryu Hayabusa are the last two characters is what is coming to mind for me.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm sure there are 1000+ 4chan leaks out there that says "Terry and X character" This doesn't help us at all.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
You know... thinking about it now, it sort of makes sense that an SNK rep (specifically from KoF) would be among the DLC Fighters. I remembered back in the Direct were Sakurai spoke about Ultimate's new mechanics, and among them was the ability to "short hop". Short hop is one of the movement options seen in KoF games (ah yes, playing through the KoF XIII tutorials).

And another thing, I checked out that tweet linked earlier and, one response SERIOUSLY got my attention. If this line is supposed to be a blatant hint to who fighter #5 is, I dare say... is it Goemon?! :eek: IS IT TIME?!?!?!

EDIT: Forgot to say, Impact within the Ganbare Goemon games is the giant robot that kinda looks like Goemon thus, would be a good (obvious) hint.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I can recall another leak on GameFaqs that had Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, Lloyd Irving, and Crash Bandicoot in it and that was all the way back in December.

You know... thinking about it now, it sort of makes sense that an SNK rep (specifically from KoF) would be among the DLC Fighters. I remembered back in the Direct were Sakurai spoke about Ultimate's new mechanics, and among them was the ability to "short hop". Short hop is one of the movement options seen in KoF games (ah yes, playing through the KoF XIII tutorials).

And another thing, I checked out that tweet linked earlier and, one response SERIOUSLY got my attention. If this line is supposed to be a blatant hint to who fighter #5 is, I dare say... is it Goemon?! :eek: IS IT TIME?!?!?!

EDIT: Forgot to say, Impact within the Ganbare Goemon games is the giant robot that kinda looks like Goemon thus, would be a good (obvious) hint.
I will lose my mind if the last character is Goemon. I will literally be satisfied with the roster forever and I'll never ask Sakurai for anything ever again.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I'm pretty sure that's just an Evangelion reference.

Seems to be this person's shtick.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Maybe it's just me but idk if someone like Hayabusa that only really started getting brought up with the fake 4chan leak from a long time ago and google theory would be a character that'd make speculation implode. That'd just be people saying "Oh that thing was right".

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So we are just going to assume its Terry now. The 5th character is supposed to be connected to Terry in someway? And we are all on the hunt for this magical 4chan post in a sea of identical 4chan posts with a character changed? I feel like I am really being ****ed with right now.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Could it be that we are looking at a Dark Pit situation but instead of straight-up confirmation its a hint?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Tbh the only characters off the top of my head that I could actually see people losing their **** over are Waluigi, Sans, and Geno. The first two because of the memes and Geno because most people have written him off.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
What if it'd make speculation explode because spirits = deconfirmation would be destroyed and disproven?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
What if it'd make speculation explode because spirits = deconfirmation would be destroyed and disproven?
That wouldn't make sense? Terry being added wouldn't prove or disprove that. Unless of course the trailer ends with a spirit floating around and going off screen.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I TOTALLY don't know anything about nuthin and I'm just sitting here whistling Dixie...and I don't mean the Kong, either.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit confused, is Sabi implying that fighter 5 actually is connected to the SNK rep or just that we'll all jump to conclusions that aren't necessarily correct?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
This does basically confirm that we wouldn't be getting a 2nd reveal in the direct like people thought. Especially since Sabi is hinting at a speculation period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom