• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
What did I miss? How was he deconfirmed?
Yeah, the SNK rep is #4. If you want to believe any "leak" right now, hope the Milk-Bosaku one is legit because that means someone who is already in Smash Bros in some shape or form is fighter #5. Hayabusa's "leak" is dead in the water.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the SNK rep is #4. If you want to believe any "leak" right now, hope the Milk-Bosaku one is legit because that means someone who is already in Smash Bros in some shape or form is fighter #5. Hayabusa's "leak" is dead in the water.
To be honest, the Milk-Bosaku leak doesn’t make much sense to me. He claims that Mr. H was given access to confidential material simply by walking into “Nintendo” which is in a completely different area of Japan than Sora Ltd. is, not to mention that the only characters confirmed to be in development by that time were Banjo and Hero.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
People, the leak was for Challenger Pack FIVE.

Hayabusa is supposedly Pack FOUR.
Sorry man, but you are wrong.

SNK is #4, #5 is currently unknown and up for debate but MAY be from a franchise already in Smash, and Ryu Hayabusa is not being talked about now other than you. Sorry man, but with a name like "IAmShifty" idk what people expected. The dude had no credibility at all.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
True. When a fake leak comes out and has a character on it not discussed before, all of sudden support pours in, even to the point where that character is deemed as a perfect Smash fit and seen as pretty obvious to add, saying how all the signs were there but fans were just blind. What makes this stand out, though, is that prior to the 'leak,' there was little to no request for the character in discussions, even in topics where 'most likely' was thrown out and people were just asked who they would like.

For example, that Agnes hoax months ago (which actually was just a photoshopped Little Ma-, er, Palutena). Immediately there was 'makes sense,' 'She's my most wanted,' 'About time.' But if you asked before that who were common requests, its Isaac, Geno, Pokemon rep, Banjo, etc. Basically, the response after doesn't line up with the response prior. Granted, this is the same fanbase who sees anything Nintendo as being Smash related or how a new IP literally announced gets 'I would love them in Smash!' by comment number 5.

This bandwagoning also happens in the opposite direction, where people who never mentioned a character that they dislike immediately vehemently hate them.
Oh god, the Agnes stuff was the worst. I'd never seen such an immediate bandwagon happen for a character that literally no one talked about (and I mean no one well beyond Smash speculation, you always heard Bravely Default was a fun RPG with good mechanics, not that people remembered the characters).

What? Ryu Hayabusa just got deconfirmed, dude
This is false. Ryu Hayabusa has never been "deconfirmed" by any stretch of the imagination and some recent "leakers" not coming to light doesn't rule him out.

If he did get in though, we'd more or less then have every major Japanese company on board in Smash at that point (It's ****ing weird that Koei-Tecmo doesn't already have a character with how closely they work to Nintendo and how much of a classic Ninja Gaiden was/is). The only missing Japanese companies I could think of would be more specific development studios like Level-5, From Software, and Grasshopper (Come on Sakurai, do that No More Heroes 3/Travis in Smash cross promotion, do it!).

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Oh god, the Agnes stuff was the worst. I'd never seen such an immediate bandwagon happen for a character that literally no one talked about (and I mean no one well beyond Smash speculation, you always heard Bravely Default was a fun RPG with good mechanics, not that people remembered the characters).

This is false. Ryu Hayabusa has never been "deconfirmed" by any stretch of the imagination and some recent "leakers" not coming to light doesn't rule him out.

If he did get in though, we'd more or less then have every major Japanese company on board in Smash at that point (It's ****ing weird that Koei-Tecmo doesn't already have a character with how closely they work to Nintendo and how much of a classic Ninja Gaiden was/is). The only missing Japanese companies I could think of would be more specific development studios like Level-5, From Software, and Grasshopper (Come on Sakurai, do that No More Heroes 3/Travis in Smash cross promotion, do it!).
I meant deconfirmed as Fighter #4. I didn't mean he was deconfirmed from the Pass

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Remember when everyone acted like a Granblue character was their most wanted for awhile?

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Twitter. And basically everyone who treated Hitagi's word like gospel.
Gross!

Seriously though, basically no one on this side of the ocean even NEW what Gran Blue was until Hitagi opened their mouth.

I may eventually get the new game though.

Zav22

Smash Cadet
Because IAmShifty claimed to know who the next DLC character is and claimed to be the one who said Piranha Plant and Marx. Sure they didn't have to comment on him but he could have spread misinformation that would be similar to the Banner Leak. Completely different to YouTube algorithms detecting Nintendo content.

From what I remember of that music video, it was a blue balls joke that played the first notes of the megalovania beat on repeat. If I remember the title of the video it was "[OFFICIAL] Super Smash Bros Ultimate soundtrack - Megalovania". It was nothing more than a joke to trick people into thinking it was real.
Sure keep dismissing everything until it hurts, last time I checked it was leaked ahead of time for Marx to be a boss so everybody already knew, and FatPikachu confirming frisk should've been debunked as well but it's still there, compared to all other leaks like IAmShifty, the mecha leak and all the leaks that involve geno that got proven fake in literally ONE day. Anyway I'm done with this, I'm not getting into a back and forth
Because IAmShifty claimed to know who the next DLC character is and claimed to be the one who said Piranha Plant and Marx. Sure they didn't have to comment on him but he could have spread misinformation that would be similar to the Banner Leak. Completely different to YouTube algorithms detecting Nintendo content.

From what I remember of that music video, it was a blue balls joke that played the first notes of the megalovania beat on repeat. If I remember the title of the video it was "[OFFICIAL] Super Smash Bros Ultimate soundtrack - Megalovania". It was nothing more than a joke to trick people into thinking it was real.
Sure, just keep dismissing until it hearts, Marx being a boss was leaked ahead of time so everybody already knew, and FatPikachu claiming frisk to be in the fighters pass should've been debunked by this point and time but it hasn't, therefor it's still possible, otherwise it would've instantly been deconfirmed the moment it showed up just like IAmShifty claiming Ryu, the mecha leak, and all of the ones that involved geno in literally ONE day or a week. Anyway I'm done with this, I'm not going through a back and forth since it's obvious you've made up your mind, every character has its fans whether they're old, new, likely, or unlikely, in any genre of video games. That includes the impossible as well.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Sure, just keep dismissing until it hearts, Marx being a boss was leaked ahead of time so everybody already knew, and FatPikachu claiming frisk to be in the fighters pass should've been debunked by this point and time but it hasn't, therefor it's still possible, otherwise it would've instantly been deconfirmed the moment it showed up just like IAmShifty claiming Ryu, the mecha leak, and all of the ones that involved geno in literally ONE day or a week.
The FatPikachu "leak" has been debunked since the leak said that an Undertale rep would be the 4th DLC fighter but we have an SNK rep instead. The reason people never debunked the FatPikachu "leak" is because it came from 4Chan and they always end up being fake 90% of the time so again, it's not worth the time to debunk it, along with the mecha "leak" (Which ended up being a troll post about Dora the Explorer and Putt Putt the car).

You really need to take most of these leaks with a grain of salt because anyone can say anything on the internet and pose themselves as an insider. If you were around to see the banner (Grinch) leak, you would know never to trust 4Chan leaks.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Man, the 180 of this thread. I skipped through most of them but the disappointment and salt are real. Oooof.

Oh well, I feel kind of bad for Doom Slayer (I am still hype for Eternal) but that it's fine. I am still have hope for Geno.

I am neutral with the supposedly 4th Character of SNK. Potentially, it could be kind of cool though. I have some level of familiarity with the company and playing some of their games with friends Metal Slug or the many KoF games that there are in arcades.

Here where I live, BOTH series are beloved by people (mostly thanks to arcades and emulators but still). So this could be considered a nice gift to that type of crowd that likes the company and it's games.

We'll see who exactly it is and if it is a SNK, What series. Chances are KoF.

Also, there's still the 5th Character to look out for. Chances are still in the air, in the sky, where some stars are...

:bowser::starman:.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm just amazed that with all the video games I have played. Sakurai somehow picks characters from 3 I haven't played. And with my current luck. It's going to be 4 characters from games I haven't played in the fighter pass lmao

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I'm just amazed that with all the video games I have played. Sakurai somehow picks characters from 3 I haven't played. And with my current luck. It's going to be 4 characters from games I haven't played in the fighter pass lmao
Exactly how I feel. It’s not even “hate” or “salt”. It’s just objectively going to be more difficult to be excited about a character from a game you haven’t played or been interested in than a game you have.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
We still have the 16 WOL slots which could mean more DLC is on the way. If it's the case and Geno doesn't get in the fighters pass, we still have 10 more slots to go before we call it quits. It's never over until Sakurai says it's over.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Yeah, exactly. Joker interested me because I wanted to play P5 real bad (and still do), but I have no interest in DQ at all, and couldn't care less about KoF or Metal Slug. I understand people like those two, but not having experience them before makes it a lot harder to care.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The only one I haven't played is Persona so at the moment, Joker is probably the lamest pick in the fighter pass for me. Still miles better than Plant though. Plant can forever rot as the bottom tier trash that he is. lol

But seriously, it's odd for someone who has no plans on getting any DLC at all, the fighter pass is only getting more and more attractive for me. Each character has become more interesting for me than the last. (SNK/Terry > Banjo > Hero > Joker)

I really wasn't expecting that. While I still just only want Geno (and Rayman after that), I might cave in to getting Terry Bogard if he does end up as character #4.

QQS

Smash Lord
Here are the things I can see happening:

#4:
SNK (one person from KoF or Metal Slug).
Doomguy
Heihachi
Crash
Spyro
Monster Hunter
Ryu Hayabusa
SEGA (one person between Tails or Eggman).

#5: Geno. Don’t know if as a third party with his own logo or as a first party with Mario logo. But Geno anyway. And if #5 is not Geno, I think that character #5 would be one other of the mentioned above; and we would get a new option:

#Nintendo Pass: cause there are too many recent or iconic still left.
One from Fire Emblem: Byleth.
One from Pokemon: Grookey (last evolution).
One from Zelda: Mipha or Skull Kid.
One from Kirby: Bandana Dee
One from Mario: This one could be Geno if they decide not to put Geno in the FP; or if Geno ends as a First Party universe; or it could be another well known from a Nintendo franchise.

Just my opinion. The only thing sure for me is that The Doll is finally coming and we’ll see his reveal sooner than later. Geno is the Best Top-Pick at this moment after all the people already there as fighters.

Geno’s Awakens after 24 years (1996-2020).

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Exactly how I feel. It’s not even “hate” or “salt”. It’s just objectively going to be more difficult to be excited about a character from a game you haven’t played or been interested in than a game you have.
I'm honestly really happy that Nintendo is willing to pick characters from more obscure franchises. It makes the whole pass way more exciting and gives me a little bit of hope for my never-ever dream picks haha
And who knows? Maybe Smash makes you fall in love with a franchise you might have never heard of otherwise. I know it worked for me and Xenoblade.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, you guys heard Billybae10K Billybae10K has quit youtube?
honestly, i stopped watching him since the november direct and even after Banjo & Kazooie i still refused to go back to give my care for him.
Here are the things I can see happening:

#4:
SNK (one person from KoF or Metal Slug).
Doomguy
Heihachi
Crash
Spyro
Monster Hunter
Ryu Hayabusa
SEGA (one person between Tails or Eggman).

#5: Geno. Don’t know if as a third party with his own logo or as a first party with Mario logo. But Geno anyway. And if #5 is not Geno, I think that character #5 would be one other of the mentioned above; and we would get a new option:

#Nintendo Pass: cause there are too many recent or iconic still left.
One from Fire Emblem: Byleth.
One from Pokemon: Grookey (last evolution).
One from Zelda: Mipha or Skull Kid.
One from Kirby: Bandana Dee
One from Mario: This one could be Geno if they decide not to put Geno in the FP; or if Geno ends as a First Party universe; or it could be another well known from a Nintendo franchise.

Just my opinion. The only thing sure for me is that The Doll is finally coming and we’ll see his reveal sooner than later. Geno is the Best Top-Pick at this moment after all the people already there as fighters.

Geno’s Awakens after 24 years (1996-2020).
*Shudder* just looking at the first options of the nintendo list, to make it worse i'm starting to except the idea of Byleth because i'm playing his freaking game!

Bob-Omber

Smash Cadet
In the corner drinking a frosty with a straw
In the spirit list, despite mario rpg being counted as a different series than the super mario bros series, geno's spirit still uses the super mushroom logo. The same thing happens with Dr. Mario so i could see Geno just using a mushroom. If not then I guess he might use seven stars or maybe "RPG" in the mario rpg font.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom