• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Well I feel like they could announce the 4th character near the end of October or beginning of November then release it near last week of November. Then announce the last fighter at the Game Awards and release it in between January and February 2020.
But at what event at the end of October would they announce fighter 4?
I may be wrong, but I think all fighters for this game besides Joker have been revealed during a Nintendo Direct, and I don't see another one happening in October.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
But at what event at the end of October would they announce fighter 4?
I may be wrong, but I think all fighters for this game besides Joker have been revealed during a Nintendo Direct, and I don't see another one happening in October.
There could always be a Smash Bros specific Direct or a Mini Direct. I could always be wrong, I'm just not putting hope in a character reveal in a few weeks.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

There's this guy who predicted Piranha Plant before his reveal saying Ryu Habyusa is the next Smash fighter. Have you heard this at all?

Also the video where he mentions PP the day before the November Direct.

Edit: He also mentions Ken & Incineroar although they were well known before. Still, he outright dismissed the Grinch Leak and predicted PP so that's huge.

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
There could always be a Smash Bros specific Direct or a Mini Direct. I could always be wrong, I'm just not putting hope in a character reveal in a few weeks.
I don't think a Smash Direct would happen. Whatever they would reveal in one could probably just be shown off in Banjo's release date video. Based off of how the fighter pass characters have been showcased so far, I wouldn't expect character 4 to be tacked on to the end of Banjo's video.

I'm unsure of the history of Mini-Directs and how close they usually are to regular Directs. I would bet Nintendo would rather show off the new character at the beginning or end of a regular Direct over a Mini-Direct. This is why it makes sense to me that character 4 will be revealed in September even though it would be weird that Banjo isn't out yet (and really I don't see any problem with Banjo not being released before the next fighter is revealed).

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

There's this guy who predicted Piranha Plant before his reveal saying Ryu Habyusa is the next Smash fighter. Have you heard this at all?

If true then good chance that Google Theory was real seeing how (I believe) they never tested the name Hero, just Luminary & Erdrick which turns out they don't use those name in Smash Bros.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If true then good chance that Google Theory was real seeing how (I believe) they never tested the name Hero, just Luminary & Erdrick which turns out they don't use those name in Smash Bros.
I'm thinking it's possible now.

Although I won't doubt Geno is likely as a separate fighter from the Pass once it's done.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Well I feel like they could announce the 4th character near the end of October or beginning of November then release it near last week of November. Then announce the last fighter at the Game Awards and release it in between January and February 2020.
The reveals and releases of those characters seem a bit too close. I do agree that us seeing a character revealed this month is unlikely, but it seems more like a 49/51 chance of a character reveal for the next Direct IMO. My personal opinion is that we will see character 4 and 5 revealed in a Smash Direct in November which will also reveal the release dates of the characters, explain the characters movesets, show what releases alongside them, and possibly reveal another Fighters Pass/future DLC plans.

I wouldn't expect a Smash Bros Direct until the end of this Fighters Pass and I don't expect a character reveal in a Mini Direct as that would overshadow all the other announcements.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

Edit: He also mentions Ken & Incineroar although they were well known before. Still, he outright dismissed the Grinch Leak and predicted PP so that's huge.
Interesting, I'll have to watch these in a bit. However, I wouldn't put too much stock into the Piranha Plant thing as, to my knowledge, PP was leaked two days in advance of the Direct but it went under the radar for a lot of people. Granted, I haven't watched the video yet so I don't know the timing of when he received his information or if he addresses it in his videos.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Interesting, I'll have to watch these in a bit. However, I wouldn't put too much stock into the Piranha Plant thing as, to my knowledge, PP was leaked two days in advance of the Direct but it went under the radar for a lot of people. Granted, I haven't watched the video yet so I don't know the timing of when he received his information or if he addresses it in his videos.
He also predicted Marx as a Boss months in advance IIRC. I don't think he's faking this TBH.

But i'll just wait to hear what Fatman makes out of this.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I want one crazy theory to come back from the grave for once. What a rollercoaster that would be.

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice
I trust Shifty, I've been following him for a long long long time, he has leaked many things, Marx, Incineroar, Piranha Plant, I've been there. He was told things that I were told before Verge even knew. He said "my source told me ken and incineroar are the last two characters for sure and vergeben's square character is not in the base game" before the last direct. I think Ryu is in.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I want one crazy theory to come back from the grave for once. What a rollercoaster that would be.
I would like that because Ninja Gaiden would essentially cover ever major NES era games. A Doom Slayer would be a great to represent FPS games, that and he's just fun character all together. Could have a CG trailer where Princess Daisy is in trouble and Doom Slayer just runs in a rips & tears the enemy (because his rabbit was named Daisy)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I doubt Google Theory was anything more than a troll tbh. The ad was also tied specifically to the Netherlands Nintendo site, and worked differently from the usual ad which you could still get with Joker. Not to mention the weird down times. If names had to be strict and that’s why Erdrick didn’t get it to show up, then just Banjo probably shouldn’t have made it show up either since they’d need “Banjo & Kazooie.” And if we make an exception for them, why did nothing work for Doomguy except “Doom Slayer”? Doom also had DLC I think, if we’re going to toss out Artorias because of his DLC...

We also have no proof that “Hero” would’ve worked...though the last two characters could still be Hayabusa and Rip & Tear tbh.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I trust Shifty, I've been following him for a long long long time, he has leaked many things, Marx, Incineroar, Piranha Plant, I've been there. He was told things that I were told before Verge even knew. He said "my source told me ken and incineroar are the last two characters for sure and vergeben's square character is not in the base game" before the last direct. I think Ryu is in.
Yeah I remember Shifty for Sm4sh I believe? Honestly, Ryu would be hype and complete my holy trinity that I said years ago (Ryu H, Simon and MegaMan)
Also, Doom Slayer was the other fighter from that...'google theory' right?

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
He also predicted Marx as a Boss months in advance IIRC. I don't think he's faking this TBH.

But i'll just wait to hear what Fatman makes out of this.
That's true but I did see a bunch of people (myself included) speculating that Marx would be a boss, although my friends and I thought it would lead into a Bandana Dee reveal which didn't happen sadly.

I've been expecting a Koei Tecmo rep and Ryu is the last big NES third party character, we even have a Koei Tecmo assist trophy and spirits (I know Fatal Frame is half owned by Nintendo now but you get my point). Ever since I saw that AT I figured we may get a rep from them, I got the same feeling when I saw Culdcept spirits in Smash (I know Nintendo publishes the series but it is still owned and made by Atlus... Well and Sega but you get what I mean, again) which made me think we were getting an Atlus rep (To my delight).

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Eh, I'm, personally, not super hyped if it Ryu(?). I don't have any connection to Ninja Gaiden but I'm sure he'd make people happy, probably (?)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's true but I did see a bunch of people (myself included) speculating that Marx would be a boss, although my friends and I thought it would lead into a Bandana Dee reveal which didn't happen sadly.
Was there? IIRC, there was some hope for Marx being playable but I never heard any speculation that he would be a boss.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’d probably like Doom Slayer. I don’t really like bloody or demon stuff, but he seems cool.

“Rip and tear...rip and tear your guts! You’re huge, I gotta rip and tear!!!”

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I’d probably like Doom Slayer. I don’t really like bloody or demon stuff, but he seems cool.
Well if Hayabusa's in, we can infer that the Google Theory was indeed legit and Doomguy is in.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I wouldn’t mind Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, he’s one of the last NES era video game characters that I’d like to see make it into Smash.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind seeing Hayabusa at all and I think he could be a really neat character as he would be the first legit Ninja in Smash and that would be pretty neat. He could have a fun moveset I guess and the character has a lot of history with Nintendo. He was one of the biggest 3rd party characters for the NES I'd say.

That said I don't know how to feel about him maybe being the next DLC character. I'm gonna have to assume that if Hayabusa is the next DLC character the Starling would be connected to him instead of it being connected to Geno and in that scenario there goes half of my hope for Geno.

That Starling and the Mii Costume missing are the two and only things keeping me from counting Geno out and with the former not pointing towards Geno him being in is a lot less likely. Hayabusa himself would be fine he would be cool but I don't know..

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Then what happened to Artorias lol
*found dead in Miami*

Some suggest Artorias could have been a mistake due to Dark Souls DLC or something. IDK. I just think Doomguy is very likely should Hayabusa pan out given that. And then y'all gotta hope for Geno as a bonus character.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I doubt Google Theory was anything more than a troll tbh. The ad was also tied specifically to the Netherlands Nintendo site, and worked differently from the usual ad which you could still get with Joker. Not to mention the weird down times. If names had to be strict and that’s why Erdrick didn’t get it to show up, then just Banjo probably shouldn’t have made it show up either since they’d need “Banjo & Kazooie.” And if we make an exception for them, why did nothing work for Doomguy except “Doom Slayer”? Doom also had DLC I think, if we’re going to toss out Artorias because of his DLC...

We also have no proof that “Hero” would’ve worked...though the last two characters could still be Hayabusa and Rip & Tear tbh.
I will say if it's a troll then it's an elaborate troll, but definitely not out of the realm of plausibility. People to stupid lengths for this crap as we saw with the Grinch Leak.

For Banjo part it's possible it only required a portion of their name since it's separated by a space and not one word.

As for Doomguy not working but Doom Slayer does is because how the names are spelled out. Maybe if they tried just Doom while testing out the probably could get Doom Slayer ad. Also they would most likely use Doom Slayer name over Doomguy because that's what he's called in Doom '16 and the name is better to use when you have it together with everyone else's names.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm indifferent to both Ryu and Doom Slayer.

If we had to get a retro NES character, I'd rather see Bill and Lance from Contra get into Smash, or if we had to get a Shooter character I'd rather have Master Chief (this could describe Bill and Lance too but whatever).

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Was there? IIRC, there was some hope for Marx being playable but I never heard any speculation that he would be a boss.
Yeah, a lot of people thought that Marx would have some role in the game due to his popularity growing during the Smash 4 DLC days. Most people (That I saw at least) leaned on Marx being a boss or AT while Bandana Dee would be playable. I was also banking on that as I would really like Bandana Dee to be playable.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So I hopped over to the Ryu support thread and something caught my attention.
The bird type in the guy's picture is important. Someone brought up that starlings are hunted by a particular hunter....Peregrine Falcons.

Why is that important? Well Peregrine Falcon translated to Japanese is... Hayabusa.

It's probably overthinking, but I am curious Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ...got any falcon pictures from your boy?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Ryu 2 would be an extremely... eh inclusion to me. I get that he's generally considered the last major NES-era figure not in Smash yet, but I have no connection to Ninja Gaiden as a series and from what I can tell, the guy's basically just your average ninja. Definitely not a character I'd be willing to shell out the extra cash for. (Also this is a personal pet peeve, but it cheeses me off a lot that we'd have two Ryus in the roster if this happened, meaning we'd have to refer to the latter as his last name constantly to avoid confusion.)

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So I hopped over to the Ryu support thread and something caught my attention.
The bird type in the guy's picture is important. Someone brought up that starlings are hunted by a particular hunter....Peregrine Falcons.

Why is that important? Well Peregrine Falcon translated to Japanese is... Hayabusa.

It's probably overthinking, but I am curious Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ...got any falcon pictures from your boy?
Why wouldn't they have just done the Falcon then? That's REALLY stretching it.

D

Deleted member

Well, To be honest this dude who's saying Ryu hasn't gotten any of the DLC right and as we know DLC and Base are two separate things entirely. They guessed a lot of stuff that was in Base so for all we know they could've had a beta tester telling them their info and not an insider source that would know things nowadays.

It's just a theory but hey, It may be possible judging by how they haven't said anything until now and they are a Youtuber(?) so of course they're wanting to give their thoughts it doesn't have to be a leak even though they leaked stuff in the past. I dunno.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Remember that the source referenced a blue crab, a minor enemy from Link's Awakening, instead of something more obvious like a whale or an egg or even a seagull.
Except he said that the bird choice specifically was important.
Eagle = Edelgard, for example.
Why the heck would he use a bird to reference another bird to reference Ryu Hayabusa?

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Except he said that the bird choice specifically was important.
Eagle = Edelgard, for example.
Why the heck would he use a bird to reference another bird to reference Ryu Hayabusa?
Why would he use a bird to reference Geno merely on the bounds of wordplay?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember hearing that Koei Tecmo had a Nintendo related announcement lined up for the 2018 VGA, and a lot of people immediately speculated that Hayabusa was coming to Smash.

I appreciate the appeal to the NES but I'm not sure how he'd be DLC levels of different. We have enough ninjas already, if you ask me

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I remember hearing that Koei Tecmo had a Nintendo related announcement lined up for the 2018 VGA, and a lot of people immediately speculated that Hayabusa was coming to Smash.

I appreciate the appeal to the NES but I'm not sure how he'd be DLC levels of different. We have enough ninjas already, if you ask me
Fist-fighting, sword fighting, shuriken (normal, windmill, & explosive), ninpo (essentially ninja magic), wall scaling, AND THE GOSHDARN IZUNA DROP:

Ryu Hayabusa would bring plenty to the table that differentiates him from Sheik and Greninja. Please don't use the "anime sword fighter" joke but with ninjas instead to try and assume Hayabusa would play identically to Sheik or Greninja (or just as bad, implying that Sheik and Greninja play anything alike).

Also, Ryu isn't an NES-era exclusive character like Pit, Ice Climbers, or Duck Hunt so that isn't all he represents.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
It's starting to look like I was right to trust Google Theory.
But don't lose hope, Geno fans! I still trust Sabi, and I feel like he'd dismiss Geno rumors based on his starling tease given how many people took it to mean Geno.
We also didn't get the Geno Mii costume so hmmmm.

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
If Ryu Hayabusa gets in, my girlfriend is gonna be so happy, she loves that franchise.

This is the end of the road Geno, the Ultimate road

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Huh, for some reason Operation Starfall is a bit quite on Discord today, so I'll repeat my question here.

Do any of you have SMRPG fan music you think is a real banger? I'm compiling a playlist of them as another way to show off the community, though I will say I haven't found too much content of this kind recently. Much like the fan art I'm not looking for only top-tier quality, but I might be a bit more picky about the music since it's my preferred medium. Would also be nice if you had the original uploader whenever possible, much like getting permission from the original artist.

Speaking of which, I find this and it's oddly amazing. Kind trippy in a way.

EDIT: When I said 'I haven't found too much content of this kind recently' what I meant is more recent;y made remixes, like this year.
Vector U's remix of Beware the Forest's Mushrooms is pretty damn good.
I feel like it's really hard to find good remixes of tracks that aren't Forest Maze though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom