• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
He's probably be more akin to Mega Man, his main inspiration, anyway. Just saying.
Is he really supposed to be inspired by Mega Man? I've only ever gotten Scrooge McDuck vibes from him.

To be clear, that's not meant to be an insult. Though I haven't played his game, I respect it's look/following and actually intend to check it out one of these days.

D

Deleted member

Is he really supposed to be inspired by Mega Man? I've only ever gotten Scrooge McDuck vibes from him.

To be clear, that's not meant to be an insult. Though I haven't played his game, I respect it's look/following and actually intend to check it out one of these days.
Every character in the game's name ends with Knight. Kind of like how every character in Mega Man ends with Man. They even got the classic Mega Man composer to do a lot of (or possibly all) of the base game's music.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Every character in the game's name ends with Knight. Kind of like how every character in Mega Man ends with Man. They even got the classic Mega Man composer to do a lot of (or possibly all) of the base game's music.
Oh so not so much in his design/gameplay as in the music and naming conventions. I get it now.

D

Deleted member

I don't know if anyone talked about this here, but Untitled Goose Game now has a release date for September 20th. This 100% confirms the Goose will become a playable character and will fill one of the two remaining slots of the Fighter's Pass to coincide with the game, like all DLC characters do.

I can't wait for Goose and Piranha Plant to fight!

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anyone talked about this here, but Untitled Goose Game now has a release date for September 20th. This 100% confirms the Goose will become a playable character and will fill one of the two remaining slots of the Fighter's Pass to coincide with the game, like all DLC characters do.

I can't wait for Goose and Piranha Plant to fight!
I can see the splash screen now.

UNTITLED GOOSE GAME GOOSE: <Splash Screen Text Goes Here>

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
If The Untitled Goose Game became really successful, maybe even having a sequel in the future, then I would love if the goose got in smash somehow. I'd totally be down for it as a playable character (after a lot more deserving characters of course), but more realistically I think it would make for an amazing assist trophy.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
If The Untitled Goose Game became really successful, maybe even having a sequel in the future, then I would love if the goose got in smash somehow. I'd totally be down for it as a playable character (after a lot more deserving characters of course), but more realistically I think it would make for an amazing assist trophy.
Since geese are historically already quite territorial and violent and loud, all you need to do is swap out the Rathalos Assist Trophy model for that of the Goose, and then simply let it run wild. A perfect fit if I ever saw one.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Since geese are historically already quite territorial and violent and loud, all you need to do is swap out the Rathalos Assist Trophy model for that of the Goose, and then simply let it run wild. A perfect fit if I ever saw one.
You have no idea how much I want this to happen now.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Wow we are having a boomer party? And no one told me? I could have cooled down a Monster Ultra White.

Or is this more "Let's make fun of people speculating about a smash character because of a future release". It's honestly refreshing when this happens since it's not everyone talking about the same 3 most popular characters none stop. I just wish people were more accepting of it.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
View attachment 236151 Sabi just posted this on her Twitter
Pretty sure Sabi knows it too, and not just through Emily Rogers. She’s not allowed to leak it herself, but commenting on other leakers’ opinions and randomly capitalizing the word “soon” in certain Tweets? That she can do.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Leakypandy is the only leaker I seen that have said "We don't think it will happen but we have been wrong before

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Leakypandy is the only leaker I seen that have said "We don't think it will happen but we have been wrong before
LeakyPandy has been wrong about nearly everything they’ve said. They were 100% wrong about Smash and the only correct thing I remember from them was Travis Touchdown stuff. It’s like they just want attention or something, or they’re gullible and have a bunch of troll sources.

BZocky

Smash Ace
If there’s an actual direct next month it’s possible that Banjo won’t be released until October at the latest which sorta sucks. Hero and Joker’s directs happened at least a month after a regular direct, although I’m not sure how Banjo being a double reveal with Hero effects his release timing.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Huh, for some reason Operation Starfall is a bit quite on Discord today, so I'll repeat my question here.

Do any of you have SMRPG fan music you think is a real banger? I'm compiling a playlist of them as another way to show off the community, though I will say I haven't found too much content of this kind recently. Much like the fan art I'm not looking for only top-tier quality, but I might be a bit more picky about the music since it's my preferred medium. Would also be nice if you had the original uploader whenever possible, much like getting permission from the original artist.

Speaking of which, I find this and it's oddly amazing. Kind trippy in a way.

EDIT: When I said 'I haven't found too much content of this kind recently' what I meant is more recent;y made remixes, like this year.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The Mega Man composer (Manami Matsumae) only did two songs in Shovel Knight's base ost, the rest was composed by Jake Kaufman.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
YO SMITHY!!! Here's a neat cover ForsakenM ForsakenM

Silly me, how could I NOT have anything made by RichardEB in there already! At least I remembered GaMetal/Johny Atma. His metalody for SMRPG is crazy good.

If anyone is interested, I've got the link to the playlist here. If you hear any doubles, let me know, as I've been going crazy. Nearly 50 vids added in roughly 15 mins or so.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Cool, we'll see Overwatch on Switch soon. Would be funny if Tracer gets revealed for Smash Bros alongside with the announcement. Doubt that's gonna happen, I even don't think we're gonna the 4th DLC characters reveal either with this Direct.

D

Deleted member

Silly me, how could I NOT have anything made by RichardEB in there already! At least I remembered GaMetal/Johny Atma. His metalody for SMRPG is crazy good.

If anyone is interested, I've got the link to the playlist here. If you hear any doubles, let me know, as I've been going crazy. Nearly 50 vids added in roughly 15 mins or so.

Here's a Jazz version of Beware the Forests Mushrooms:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Cool, we'll see Overwatch on Switch soon. Would be funny if Tracer gets revealed for Smash Bros alongside with the announcement. Doubt that's gonna happen, I even don't think we're gonna the 4th DLC characters reveal either with this Direct.
What makes you say that? They only have so many chances to show off characters before February with an obvious amount of people's attention.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Huh, for some reason Operation Starfall is a bit quite on Discord today, so I'll repeat my question here.

Do any of you have SMRPG fan music you think is a real banger? I'm compiling a playlist of them as another way to show off the community, though I will say I haven't found too much content of this kind recently. Much like the fan art I'm not looking for only top-tier quality, but I might be a bit more picky about the music since it's my preferred medium. Would also be nice if you had the original uploader whenever possible, much like getting permission from the original artist.

Speaking of which, I find this and it's oddly amazing. Kind trippy in a way.

EDIT: When I said 'I haven't found too much content of this kind recently' what I meant is more recent;y made remixes, like this year.
This one is a real banger, probably one of the best boss remixes in my opinion.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
What makes you say that? They only have so many chances to show off characters before February with an obvious amount of people's attention.
I feel like they would save the character reveal after Banjo release. That's what I feel.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I wouldn't expect a smash announcement. But it would make sense for the time frame if they want to announce and release the characters by February.

Banjo is probably going to be released sometime in the next month. So a September direct would show off the character meant for November/December. And the Winter direct they normally do to get people hyped for christmas releases will showcase the January/February character.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
You guys have to remember this: this isn't just the last general Nintendo Direct of the year. It's the last one of the entire decade, so Nintendo would probably want this one to end this decade off with a bang. And given that they want to have the characters for the Fighter Pass out by February of next year, I think it's a very safe bet that we will see character #4 shown off and confirmed for a winter 2019 release and 5 either at the Game Awards like Joker or a final Smash Direct like there was for 4.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You guys have to remember this: this isn't just the last general Nintendo Direct of the year. It's the last one of the entire decade, so Nintendo would probably want this one to end this decade off with a bang. And given that they want to have the characters for the Fighter Pass out by February of next year, I think it's a very safe bet that we will see character #4 shown off and confirmed for a winter 2019 release and 5 either at the Game Awards like Joker or a final Smash Direct like there was for 4.
I don't get why this Direct being the last of the decade means anything special. It's just another year to most people and I can't really think of an instance where Nintendo (or anyone else really) has cared so much about such a thing. I mean, I think Nintendo will have some cool stuff to show off and maybe even some really cool stuff depending on where things are in development... but I suspect that has nothing to do with it "being the end of the decade."

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
When do you think fighters 4 and 5 would be announced then?
Well I feel like they could announce the 4th character near the end of October or beginning of November then release it near last week of November. Then announce the last fighter at the Game Awards and release it in between January and February 2020.

D

Deleted member

Before reading this I didn't realize exactly how close we were to the start of a new decade... Jesus.

That said, no gurantee this is the last until 2020. November or December are likely candidates.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
First things first, I just don’t think Kaisumi and Tracer, of all characters here, will ever get into Smash, EVER.
Rayman might not be able to get in.
Heavy and Gordon might not be able to cause Lord Gaben sent that email that he would let Nintendo use them AFTER they already choose the DLC.
Ryu probably won’t appear either.
And Indie characters probably won’t happen either.
Any reasoning behind crossing Rayman off? It just seems like most of the reasoning behind this theory was solid, then for a few people you went "eh, I doubt it" without really elaborating

I'm gonna crack open a monster and cut the grass and not yield a single slot to the zoomer.
*nods in approval, sipping Monster Ultra White and belching*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom