• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think the WTF/Retro rep should have been Lip or Takamaru instead of Piranha Plamt because a lot of people actually would want them instead.
I was a big Takamaru guy and really, even I have to admit I'm glad he's not a character.

- Anime swordfighter
- Basically Link with Japanese flair

Murasame no Jo or whatever the name of his game was kind of was just a Zelda clone with a time limit from what I've seen.

When I'm one od the biggest spergs about how many swordfighters we have already, it's goofy for me to even feel like Zero or Takamaru or Isaac were robbed by being assist trophies, and they weren't really robbed by Piranha Plant, that's like saying Piranha Plant's weird moveset could belong to Zero. To be honest Shulk or Hero did more to Isaac's chances than Plant ever did, and I love Shulk.

I really think a potential moveset speaks to Sakurai more than a character does, and then he picks a character that it works for. Closer to canon, the better.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd be beyond angry if we didn't get playable Geno and his Mii costume, which was given a whole lot of hoo-hah upon reveal, also doesn't return.

Lack of playable Geno is sad, very sad, but I would be understanding about it. Lack of playable Geno, lack of Mii costume, and demotion to just a PNG would infuriate me.
We can all thank Square-Enix for that if that is Geno's fate in this game.

QQS

Smash Lord
Purple car? Spyro.

Or maybe another purple car? D.Va from Overwatch.

Just guessing, according to the leak. But I don’t really care.

I’m just hoping for Geno’s awakening :)

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
What is this purple car business being brought up?
It's just the 4Chan "leak" that was stating that a female rep was coming and it turned out to be a Dora the Explorer troll. Now the character has turned into Putt Putt the car.

008.png

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It's just the 4Chan "leak" that was stating that a female rep was coming and it turned out to be a Dora the Explorer troll. Now the character has turned into Putt Putt the car.

View attachment 236089
Smash fanbase: 'Golly, we sure believed that 'leak' alittle too quickly. Next time we will be more skeptical when it comes to text leaks.'

4chan: -text leak-

Smash fanbase: 'PAY ATTENTION THIS IS IT CHARACTER X IS IN!!!'

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Honestly, this fanbase's sheer amount of naivety is pretty laughable. You'd think they'd have learned after the nefarious 11/1 direct to stop buying into every leak not made by a credible source. It's actually really frustrating that this fanbase never stops believing every rumor they hear.

That or the fact that fans still think some characters are impossible, even though they're talking about a game where THIS is a thing: :ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultkirby::ultfox::ultsamus::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultmegaman::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultryu::ultpacman::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ultridley::ultkrool:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It's laughable how there's people who are actually thinking a purple car is going to be in Smash.
At least the supposed Tracer speculation had "somewhat" of foundation on it. This leak is just ridiculous. But I give it this. The one making this at least make somewhat of an effort to troll I guess.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So, the Overwatch claim is bunk?
Hasn't it always been? People are assuming things. By that logic, Spyro will be in Smash because he's getting a Nintendo licensed game controller.

Boom, ending it with Spyro and Tracer. Bold assumption.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
It's laughable how there's people who are actually thinking a purple car is going to be in Smash.
I think people are more focused on the earlier two posts than the ones calling Dora the Explorer and Putt putt. I don't even think people are aware these later two exist.

Incase you're wondering, this is the other post.
C1335BCC-8AAB-4A77-B0C3-5AE3B4D09AD2.jpeg

So, the Overwatch claim is bunk?
What Overwatch claim? All we know is that Overwatch maybe coming to the Switch.

D

Deleted member

Smash fanbase: 'Golly, we sure believed that 'leak' alittle too quickly. Next time we will be more skeptical when it comes to text leaks.'

4chan: -text leak-

Smash fanbase: 'PAY ATTENTION THIS IS IT CHARACTER X IS IN!!!'
Honestly, this fanbase's sheer amount of naivety is pretty laughable. You'd think they'd have learned after the nefarious 11/1 direct to stop buying into every leak not made by a credible source. It's actually really frustrating that this fanbase never stops believing every rumor they hear.

That or the fact that fans still think some characters are impossible, even though they're talking about a game where THIS is a thing: :ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultkirby::ultfox::ultsamus::ultsonic::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultmegaman::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultryu::ultpacman::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ultridley::ultkrool:
I mean... define "credible source". Any John Doe can make a convincing story about how he was taken on a tour of the mailroom at Activision HQ and some clown left papers with 100pt times new roman text all over them talking about how Soap MacTavish is gonna be in Smash and he even has some blurry photos to prove it. A text leak, despite almost always being fraudulent, is just as valid as any screenshot, picture, etc. "The Grinch leak" should serve as a hard hitting reminder that with enough dedication, you can make the realest looking leak imaginable, tie actual names to it, implicate an advertising company in it, and in general create the most surreal situation that the fanbase has ever been in.

In a world where nothing can be trusted, but trusting fakes doesn't hurt anyone, why not trust the fakes? If you hate what it has to say, you brace yourself for the worst, if you like it and it doesn't come to pass, the disappointment is no more than the last twenty times you were disappointed.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I mean... define "credible source". Any John Doe can make a convincing story about how he was taken on a tour of the mailroom at Activision HQ and some clown left papers with 100pt times new roman text all over them talking about how Soap MacTavish is gonna be in Smash and he even has some blurry photos to prove it. A text leak, despite almost always being fraudulent, is just as valid as any screenshot, picture, etc. "The Grinch leak" should serve as a hard hitting reminder that with enough dedication, you can make the realest looking leak imaginable, tie actual names to it, implicate an advertising company in it, and in general create the most surreal situation that the fanbase has ever been in.

In a world where nothing can be trusted, but trusting fakes doesn't hurt anyone, why not trust the fakes? If you hate what it has to say, you brace yourself for the worst, if you like it and it doesn't come to pass, the disappointment is no more than the last twenty times you were disappointed.
I meant something like Vergeben or Sabi, who, if I'm not mistaken, are credible because of their past showings.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With the Nintendo ninjas shutting up Sabi during E3 it really surprises me they didn't shut up Verge since he leaked Ridley, Daisy, as well the return of Snake and the Ice Climbers before E3 of last year. Verge was even one of the first to come out with saying we would probably be getting a Square-Enix/Dragon Quest rep and that was around this time a year ago when he first mentioned the Square-Enix rep.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
With the Nintendo ninjas shutting up Sabi during E3 it really surprises me they didn't shut up Verge since he leaked Ridley, Daisy, as well the return of Snake and the Ice Climbers before E3 of last year. Verge was even one of the first to come out with the saying we would probably be getting a Square-Enix/Dragon Quest rep.
He also confirmed Ken, Incineroar, and Simon Belmont. He even pointed at Banjo, though I feel like it was to cover for himself.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
With the Nintendo ninjas shutting up at Sabi during E3 it really surprises me they didn't shut up Verge since he leaked Ridley, Daisy, as well the return of Snake and the Ice Climbers before E3 of last year.
It's quite easy to figure out why. Sabi made the mistake of posting her leaks on Twitter while Vergeben sticks to gaming specific forums that Nintendo doesn't patrol 24/7.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
He also confirmed Ken, Incineroar, and Simon Belmont. He even pointed at Banjo, though I feel like it was to cover for himself.
That too. He also was one of the first leakers to bring up the Square-Enix rep which he first mentioned around this time a year ago. Verge isn't your everyday "My uncle works at Nintendo" leaker because he has connections to have gotten all of that right.

Edit: But he certainly did piggyback off of Shinobi with Banjo & Kazooie though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I meant something like Vergeben or Sabi, who, if I'm not mistaken, are credible because of their past showings.
Sure, they're more credible. I don't know if Sabi has ever gotten anything wrong, but in my memory Vergeben got a lot wrong. He really died on that Minecraft hill and believed that there were no new DK reps and left Richter out... But hey, they're only as good as their sources though, so in the end, no animosity towards them.

Still though, this industry is thousands of people huge and there's always the chance that some unknown individual will crawl out of the woodwork and put his job on the line because he wants to watch message boards erupt thanks to his knowledge. When you can get on a tor client and hide behind several proxies there's almost no danger to it, unless you're the only one with such privileged information.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sure, they're more credible. I don't know if Sabi has ever gotten anything wrong, but in my memory Vergeben got a lot wrong. He really died on that Minecraft hill and believed that there were no new DK reps and left Richter out... But hey, they're only as good as their sources though, so in the end, no animosity towards them.

Still though, this industry is thousands of people huge and there's always the chance that some unknown individual will crawl out of the woodwork and put his job on the line because he wants to watch message boards erupt thanks to his knowledge. When you can get on a tor client and hide behind several proxies there's almost no danger to it, unless you're the only one with such privileged information.
First off: Banjo & Kazooie might come with Minecraft content of some certs like a Mii costume or something, which would prove him correct.

Second: It was a bad source of his that said we wouldn't be getting no new DK newcomers in the base game.

Third: Just because he got Ridley, Simon, Ken, and Incineroar correct that doesn't mean he knows the entire roster. He get's his information from sources and he doesn't say anything for sure unless all of his sources give him the thumbs up and say "It's legit.".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

First off: Banjo & Kazooie might come with Minecraft content of some certs like a Mii costume or something, which would prove him correct.

Second: It was a bad source of his that said we wouldn't be getting no new DK newcomers in the base game.

Third: Just because he got Ridley, Simon, Ken, and Incineroar correct that doesn't mean he knows the entire roster. He get's his information from sources and he doesn't say anything for sure unless all of his sources give him the thumbs up and say "It's legit.".
But hey, they're only as good as their sources.
I'm not entirely willing to give him credit on Minecraft content that he called before the game came out showing up in the third DLC pack that Nintendo supposedly hadn't even finalized until after the 11/1 Direct. At this point, Minecraft Mii costumes are a coincidence rather than a confirmation.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Don't forget Isabelle

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm not entirely willing to give him credit on Minecraft content that he called before the game came out showing up in the third DLC pack that Nintendo supposedly hadn't even finalized until after the 11/1 Direct. At this point, Minecraft Mii costumes are a coincidence rather than a confirmation.
Verge didn't know if the Minecraft content was going to be in base or DLC same thing for the Square-Enix rep.

Don't forget Isabelle
He didn't say she was a Echo, but he said she was in though.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Yeah, Verge does have quite a bit going for him, especially in terms of Smash. Besides, you always take rumors with a grain of salt but a little less salt when they have viable proof they know what they're talking about.

Also, because I see so many people are liking my statement on King, Spectre, and Plague being viable playable character options, if Shovel Knight had been playable, I 100% wanted King Knight to be an assist because of his moveset pool.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This is basically my leaker/insider tier list thus far:

1. Shinobi

2. Sabi

3. Vergeben

4. VR Plant

Those four being the cream of the crop for Ultimate info.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
A lot of people knew about Incineroar because Nintendo reps talked about him at E3, I guess they realized that was going to be a disappointing reveal so they just didn't care. Ken was already leaked before hand with that picture and then box theory happen and just went with that. Verge may know some things but he gets a lot wrong, Minecraft in Smash Bros and a lot of Dragon Ball FighterZ info.

Also he totally piggyback off of shinobi with Banjo.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Alright sorry about the Shovel Knight comment. That was some bias even though I like Shovel Knight. I feel that Shovel Knight would play too similarly to some of the sword fighters. I wouldn't be unhappy he was in by any means and though the way I worded things didn't make it clear, I was referring to playstyle not moveset for Shovel Knight but obviously no one can read my mind and know that which is why I am clarifying.

I still stand by what I said that a lot of those characters don't have a lot to run with moveset-wise and/or unique playstyle-wise. I get that they can make up a moveset for anything, but it should make sense. If people here keep hating on Piranha Plant or other characters it's these kind of comments that are inevitable. I'm sorry I perpetuated this vicious cycle with my opinion. But yes I really do feel like Shovel Knight would feel like just another sword fighter with some gimmicks.

I really am sorry though. I can be a sarcastic and rude and hypocritical devil's advocate. What can I say? I'm human. I don't mean to offend anyone though. I realize that by trying to defend Piranha Plant I ended up doing the very thing to another character that I was trying to stop for another. So you're right. I was wrong. I accept the consequences and take responsibility. And I do hope people get Shovel Knight one day but I hope he's in the main roster and not DLC. What kind of Geno fan would I be if I didn't still root for the characters that don't totally appeal to me. I can't expect people to root for Geno when they don't care about him if I don't do the same for other characters. Sometimes I get carried away and I genuinely apologize for stepping over bounds but can we please just find a way to come to an understanding about Piranha Plant?

D

Deleted member

A lot of people knew about Incineroar because Nintendo reps talked about him at E3, I guess they realized that was going to be a disappointing reveal so they just didn't care. Ken was already leaked before hand with that picture and then box theory happen and just went with that. Verge may know some things but he gets a lot wrong, Minecraft in Smash Bros and a lot of Dragon Ball FighterZ info.

In my heart, Papagenos is the Banjo breaker thanks to his mysterious trusted source from back before the game released.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Vergeben said Ken before the image leak and box theory.

I saw his DK info brought up earlier, so to address that: Vergeben never said there would be no new DK characters. He had a source tell him so, but he didn’t believe it, so he asked loz18 to see if he knew (he thought loz was legit), but loz leaked the PM and fans kept spreading misinfo because goodness do people lack reading comprehension.

I think Banjo could have a Steve mii costume at least.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
My kingdom for the day Smash fandom stops living off of literal bullying, generalization, and drinking the tears of others. My god, I've never been in a fandom this full of hatred. The secondhand embarrassment I have right now is just through the roof.
To be fair, you're describing the general state of humanity itself right now. If the internet is any indication, I'd say society at large lives off bullying and drinking the tears of others. It's sad, and I think there are definitely people out there striving to do and be good, but history continues to show human nature as a selfish and often sadistic beast. They say that anonymity shows a person's true colors so it shouldn't come as a surprise that such toxicity would manifest online and in social media.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Alright sorry about the Shovel Knight comment. That was some bias even though I like Shovel Knight. I feel that Shovel Knight would play too similarly to some of the sword fighters. I wouldn't be unhappy he was in by any means and though the way I worded things didn't make it clear, I was referring to playstyle not moveset for Shovel Knight but obviously no one can read my mind and know that which is why I am clarifying.

I still stand by what I said that a lot of those characters don't have a lot to run with moveset-wise and/or unique playstyle-wise. I get that they can make up a moveset for anything, but it should make sense. If people here keep hating on Piranha Plant or other characters it's these kind of comments that are inevitable. I'm sorry I perpetuated this vicious cycle with my opinion. But yes I really do feel like Shovel Knight would feel like just another sword fighter with some gimmicks.

I really am sorry though. I can be a sarcastic and rude and hypocritical devil's advocate. What can I say? I'm human. I don't mean to offend anyone though. I realize that by trying to defend Piranha Plant I ended up doing the very thing to another character that I was trying to stop for another. So you're right. I was wrong. I accept the consequences and take responsibility. And I do hope people get Shovel Knight one day but I hope he's in the main roster and not DLC. What kind of Geno fan would I be if I didn't still root for the characters that don't totally appeal to me. I can't expect people to root for Geno when they don't care about him if I don't do the same for other characters. Sometimes I get carried away and I genuinely apologize for stepping over bounds but can we please just find a way to come to an understanding about Piranha Plant?
Not really? I'm sorry but if you've played Shovel Knight as much as I have, you'd know that none of his animations would even remotely look like sword swings. The shovel blade wouldn't feel like another swordfighter because it's a shovel. You scoop with it and you charge a slash with it that only affects in front of you. Heck, the pogo jump would be a much more unique version to Link's. My point is that Shovel Knight would feel different just because his item options are insanely different from any swordfighter we have. Anything besides an anime swordfighter would have a different playstyle. He's probably be more akin to Mega Man, his main inspiration, anyway. Just saying.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Why hello there SmashBoards, i'm new here.
This post was supposed to go on 4chan, but alas, i'm goddamn IP blocked, so that's unfortunate.
Anyways, here we go.

This was supposed to go to the Ultimate social thread, sorry, i suck at this.
It would mean to me if someone would upload this to 4chan for me.

Colour theory(AKA Rainbow theory(AKA AKA SMRPG star colours theory)):

Characters that are likely to have their colour background Green, Red, Purple, Yellow or any other, will likely not be in Smash Bros DLC. Crossed out with Red colour.

Those being:
Green: Marina, Rash, Master Chief, Grookey final evo, VectorMan, Bubble dragon, Gex.
Red: I’m in no way in hell listing all of that ****.
Purple: Waluigi, Morrigan, Shantae, Neku.
Yellow: Kat(Gravity Rush 2), Saki, Scorpion, CJ.
Others: Space Invaders, Sora, Glover, Freddy, 2B, Heihachi, Quote, Metal Mario, Kiryu.

Company rep theory:

Companies that already have an rep will most likely not be in Smash (those being Nintendo, Sega, Enix, Microsoft and Capcom( Rathalos boss battle)). Crossed out with Green colour.
Those being:
Nintendo: DeMill, Mike Jones, Porky.
Sega: Arle.
Enix: Lara Croft.
Microsoft: Conker, Steve.
Capcom: Leon, Phoenix.
(We don’t know wherever Rathalos counts as a Capcom rep so lets skip past this one)

Most likely not happening:

Crossed out with Blue colour.
First things first, I just don’t think Kaisumi and Tracer, of all characters here, will ever get into Smash, EVER.
Rayman might not be able to get in.
Heavy and Gordon might not be able to cause Lord Gaben sent that email that he would let Nintendo use them AFTER they already choose the DLC.
Ryu probably won’t appear either.
And Indie characters probably won’t happen either.
Except maybe Undertale, there is a possibility.

And voila, 4 Namco reps (Kos-Mos, Chosen Undead, Amaterasu and Klonoa), 1 Bethesda (Doom Guy) , 1 Activison (Crash) AND a Square rep (Geno), and maybe Undertale.

There is a possibility that i'm wrong, but we shouldn't trust fake leaks *looks at Tracer leak*

I personally think it's gonna be Geno, Crash and Klonoa or Frisk.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This post was supposed to go on 4chan, but alas, i'm goddamn IP blocked, so that's unfortunate.
Anyways, here we go.

Characters that are likely to have their colour background Green, Red, Purple, Yellow or any other, will likely not be in Smash Bros DLC. Crossed out with Red colour.

Those being:
Green: Marina, Rash, Master Chief, Grookey final evo, VectorMan, Bubble dragon, Gex.
Others: Space Invaders, Sora, Glover, Freddy, 2B, Heihachi, Quote, Metal Mario, Kiryu.

Company rep theory:

Companies that already have an rep will most likely not be in Smash (those being Nintendo, Sega, Enix, Microsoft and Capcom( Rathalos boss battle)). Crossed out with Green colour.
Those being:
(We don’t know wherever Rathalos counts as a Capcom rep so lets skip past this one)

First things first, I just don’t think Kaisumi and Tracer, of all characters here, will ever get into Smash, EVER.
Heavy and Gordon might not be able to cause Lord Gaben sent that email that he would let Nintendo use them AFTER they already choose the DLC.

And voila, 4 Namco reps (Kos-Mos, Chosen Undead, Amaterasu and Klonoa), 1 Bethesda (Doom Guy) , 1 Activison (Crash) AND a Square rep (Geno), and maybe Undertale.

There is a possibility that i'm wrong, but we shouldn't trust fake leaks *looks at Tracer leak*

Your theory would be ill received on /v/ if we're being honest but I think it's a nice fit here. Cool to see someone else thinking Klonoa is namco's most likely remaining rep.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyways, here we go.

This was supposed to go to the Ultimate social thread, sorry, i suck at this.

Those being:

Company rep theory:

Those being:

One minor detail: Amaterasu is Capcom, not Bandai Namco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom