• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
>people in the Geno thread saying it’d be amazing if it’s not Geno

Wew
Being fine with other possibilities is different than being excited about it not being a specific character.

Also, the bird in the trailer is clearly not a Starling.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So 8 of the 9 games at EVO had something to announce and we have Smash Bros closing the entire EVO thing... it would be extremely stupid for nothing to be announced for Smash Bros, but Nintendo is going to Nintendo. I can feel it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure Tekken is not something Sabi's source is particularly fond of to my knowledge, so I don't think the starling is a reference to Heihachi. That, and his VA only passed away last year, so I don't think it's him.
More importantly, Sakurai said in an interview the main reason why he didn't make the cut was that the moveset was too complicated. If the moveset itself is the main issue, then that's a pretty damning flaw.
And the guy got a Pac-cameo, a treatment that The Prince also got, so I don't think he got on the boat this time.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Dude, can we talk about how the new Guilty Gear looks EVEN MORE like a anime in motion?

God, I can't what to play it!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Being fine with other possibilities is different than being excited about it not being a specific character.

Also, the bird in the trailer is clearly not a Starling.

If something else is the startling hint then the 2nd best thing we have for genos chances would be null. So... kinda

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I don't know why anyone would think an NoA ambassador would have intimate knowledge of the first few frames of another company's anime fighting game trailer

and then went out and took a picture of a starling on his own to hint at this trailer in a discord he only leaks nintendo stuff in

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
But he literally referenced Tekken and said ''***". I doubt they'd put that in a reveal trailer. Especially one that might be for a Mario character.
Or maybe it was Snake saying Heihachi is in Smash Bros. :4pacman:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If something else is the startling hint then the 2nd best thing we have for genos chances would be null. So... kinda
Not really. That's a very "Your either with us or against us" mentality. Plus, as I just pointed out, it's clearly not a Starling.

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Buckle up gamers!!! Even if nothing happens, this should be a sick top 8!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Not really. That's a very "Your either with us or against us" mentality. Plus, as I just pointed out, it's clearly not a Starling.
Thanks for putting words in my mouth :) I didn’t say that at all. I’m saying that if starling specifically is for something else than that’d be one less argument for Geno which wouldn’t be great. And so being psyched for that seems silly.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Thanks for putting words in my mouth :) I didn’t say that at all. I’m saying that if starling specifically is for something else than that’d be one less argument for Geno which wouldn’t be great. And so being psyched for that seems silly.
And did I ever say that it "would be amazing if it were not Geno"? You did say people were saying that after all.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Dude, can we talk about how the new Guilty Gear looks EVEN MORE like a anime in motion?

God, I can't what to play it!
Agreed and it looks fluid as all hell! Haven't played guilty gear since ps2 days.

Last edited:

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Idk about you guys but that cut away to the invitational thing gave me a heart attack :facepalm:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Wait...

WAS THAT AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR A MORE COMPETITIVELY-ACCEPTED NINTENDO-SPONSORED TOURNAMENT IN AUGUST?

D

Deleted member

Alright Geno gang it's almost time. Fingers crossed for Geno but I won't exactly count on it happening. Though let's hope~!

It's been an excellent ride with you all and I genuinely do not remember the last time I've bonded so much with a community before I've became apart of the Geno fanbase and a frequenter of this thread. I love you all like family we all have a common bond of our love for Geno so let's hope everyone! Fingers crossed.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Deep breaths everyone. If it’s Raiden, spirits don’t disconfirm. If it’s Heihachi, Geno will be the only Mii Costume upgrade left. (Geno’s Mii Costume is missing)

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Congrats on 1200 posts everyone!
Good luck tonight! If not tonight I'll still be fighting and hoping for Geno till the end!
Also shoutouts to you guys keeping this Geno train moving for so long, yall the best!

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Deep breaths everyone. If it’s Raiden, spirits don’t disconfirm. If it’s Heihachi, Geno will be the only Mii Costume upgrade left. (Geno’s Mii Costume is missing)
it'll be Geno though so we don't have to worry

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Shoutouts to the ~250 people watching the thread, hope you guys are well

link2702

Smash Champion
My heart damn near skipped a beat at the switch snap sound thinking that was the moment of a reveal.

I was pleasantly surprised though to see a more competitive focused Nintendo sponsored tournament ad.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Some other people did and I was referring to those people on my comment which you replied to :)
I only saw one post about this sort of thing and it was about finding the idea of a character amazing rather than putting down Geno in any way. I saw no one putting down Geno here.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
If Geno does get announced, what will you guys do after the initial reveal?

Personally, I would have gotten my top 2 picks (Banjo+Kazooie and Geno), so uh, I wouldn’t know what else to do, or what other characters I would want to support
9895BE75-008F-417D-9C75-D15DA32A0CAB.jpeg

TBone06

Smash Ace
I’m 28 years old and I’ve never watched a gaming tournament.. I can’t believe y’all got me doing this. I don’t even expect anything, but I don’t want to miss out on the off chance something does. That’s community as this guy said I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom