• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GENESIS MATCHES HERE! [Updates Reguarly.]

pockyD

Smash Legend
the fact that it's high level play doesn't necessarily make it 'not boring' though

hard punishes are exciting; spacing wars are much less so

tasertaser

Smash Cadet
lol that random guy is right, these grand finals are boring

high-level doesn't mean entertaining. hugs v ka-master is still the set that all sets must be compared to. and i say this having been to genesis

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Yep, and I never said that.

Do you really understand what I mean ? I never said they played not really good, these players are skilled as hell, Mango's probably the most technical Melee player, and Armada one of the only Peach that can combo...

But these matches didn't entertained me at all.

the only reason you cited for them playing good to defend the integrity of your argument was that they were technical and could do combos which basically verifies that you didn't understand what was happening in these matches

high-level doesn't mean entertaining

um yea it does.

high level play=entertaining to watch

thats just simple math, no calculator required.

TyO.

Smash Rookie
What's the matter here, I mean I still don't like these sets and I just wanted to tell you that.

the only reason you cited for them playing good to defend the integrity of your argument was that they were technical and could do combos which basically verifies that you didn't understand what was happening in these matches

No, I said this because the most technicals players gives us good stuff in general, if not always. Armada is incredebily smart, does very good DIs, and his others matchs were amazing (including the winners finals).

jugfingers

Smash Champion
What's the matter here, I mean I still don't like these sets and I just wanted to tell you that.

No, I said this because the most technicals players gives us good stuff in general, if not always. Armada is incredebily smart, does very good DIs, and his others matchs were amazing (including the winners finals).
yea I don't care that you didn't like the matches.

I'm just telling you that your missing out. its like when someone says Shakespeare is boring, is it because he just doesn't like that sort of thing, or is it really because he doesn't understand it.

kapish?

TyO.

Smash Rookie
People like you are just closed as hell.
Listen, I'm playin bass for now eight long years, guitar for three years and there are a LOT of bands that I don't like. Does it means that I can't understand them ? NO.

So, in Melee, there are players that I don't like to watch because I think they are boring, players such as Mango, Pink Shinobi... I just don't like the way they plays (when Mango picks puff, cause his Falco his godlike).

jugfingers

Smash Champion
you're missing the point of what boring means

and yes, much of shakespeare IS boring, whether you 'get it' or not
LOL stfu. seriously. your opinion is no longer valid.

People like you are just closed as hell.
Listen, I'm playin bass for now eight long years, guitar for three years and there are a LOT of bands that I don't like. Does it means that I can't understand them ? NO.

So, in Melee, there are players that I don't like to watch because I think they are boring, players such as Mango, Pink Shinobi... I just don't like the way they plays (when Mango picks puff, cause his Falco his godlike).
yea but are those bands you don't like the best bands in the world? cause thats what your comparing this to.

plus I never said understanding something and not liking it was generally contradictory. I just pinned lack of understanding on the cause of your dislike for lack of a more plausible alternative.

all im saying is if you didn't enjoy these matches then you didn't enjoy the finest quality play in the world.

TyO.

Smash Rookie
Even the best bands in the world can do bad stuff. It's the same thing for smash top players.
You say this is the finest quality play in the world, it may be real, but this wasn't as good as I expected, this wasn't the best GF ever recorded, this wasn't the most passionating match I've ever seen in Melee.

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
Even the best bands in the world can do bad stuff. It's the same thing for smash top players.
You say this is the finest quality play in the world, it may be real, but this wasn't as good as I expected, this wasn't the best GF ever recorded, this wasn't the most passionating match I've ever seen in Melee.

Well to me it was. The fact that the matches had everyone on their toes, screaming at the top of their lungs, worried that Armada might actually beat out Mango, and cheering their hearts out for Mango, makes it that much more passionate...if that's what you meant by passionating.

If it doesn't appeal to you, then so be it, but the clutch rests, and amazing DI and spacing, was indeed intense, and not boring. Oh and the stitch face kill even though the crowd started yelling stitch face, he still pulled it off. ;)

:beezo:

TyO.

Smash Rookie
You guys tell me that I'm probably not good at the game at all, that I can't even like probably the best sets ever recorded, this is funny. When you tell me this I just wonder if know anything about smash history.

PassWurD, I don't care about the atmosphere, I'm talking about the matchs themselfs.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Just cause its high level play doesnt mean that it isnt boring.
Personally I liked the matches cause of the spacing and the reads and whatnot
But to say that he doest know what hes watching because he found it boring is a unproven and stupid statement. Hey maybe the matchup doesnt appeal to him. Its like watching a mma or a ufc match. They are all at high level but you might like some weight classes and fighting styles better then others.

Case in point
Apperciating high level play =/= from thinking its exciting to watch.

TyO.

Smash Rookie
Oh well, I guess it's all personal preference.

But still, giving him that 3-piece combo!

Yes this was pretty awesome, one of the rare moments I enjoyed.

(and sorry for my bad english, I'm not american or english at all).

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Yeah it seems like the last thing people are waiting on is the crew battles. I really hope they're up soon.

Thanks again to everyone who's helped contribute to this thread with links or fixing my attempts at linking videos, etc :D

TyO.

Smash Rookie
Waiting for this too, the first crews updated were awesome !

bobson

Smash Lord
The spacing in grand finals was miraculous.

I never knew Puff/Peach matches could be so entertaining.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
you know the matches were actually really boring
those characters together dont make for great action

what made them entertaining was the significance of it all.

someone going head to head with mango?
taking him out in winners finals?
making almost every game a close last stock high percent nail biter?

and then if mango lost he wouldnt be the best anymore
and people would have to go to europe to play the best

thats ****

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
and thats definitely a boring match

thats like the best pichu and best kirby going at it

boring floaty characters that live to 150+ percent are not fun to watch

fastfallers vs marth or sheik are fun to watch
faster pace, and they dont live till forever each stock

i would rather watch my 8 year old cousin play brawl online

MattNF

Smash Lord
I agree

watching peach vs jiggly is like watching a brawl match.

everything is floaty and campy and ****.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I agree

watching peach vs jiggly is like watching a brawl match.

everything is floaty and campy and ****.
dash dance to rest> anything brawl has done so far.

And stitchface combo is impossible in Brawl. And upair>bair>rest is impossible in Brawl.

Believe me, it may have been boring compared to other Melee match ups, but it's still no Brawl match :laugh:

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Crews were so good lol.

Cant wait for them to be uploaed so I can watch them again :D

Too bad they never got to finish South vs East :(
Do you remember the line up? I would think the souf would take that. Chops, Shiz, Hbox and Guini on one team is a powerful force. Then again M2K and Hax could get a lot of stocks. Danm, I wanna see that now.

idea

Smash Master
he had multiple recorded stitch combos at this tourney O_O

one on mew2king on...fd, and another on mango on fd, so i think that's 2nd or 3rd match of 1st set of grand finals

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
you know the matches were actually really boring
those characters together dont make for great action

what made them entertaining was the significance of it all.

someone going head to head with mango?
taking him out in winners finals?
making almost every game a close last stock high percent nail biter?

and then if mango lost he wouldnt be the best anymore
and people would have to go to europe to play the best

thats ****
that wouldn't mean mango isn't the best anymore. i would think not losing a tournament since pound 3 would still make him the best.

Top Bottom