• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 - Who's going?/Smash 64 Group Discussion

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Battlecow you have to go!

Also will there be plenty of 64 setups for MMs and friendlies on Friday? I am planning on flying in Friday afternoon, unless there is a reason for me to be there as early as Thursday night.

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Aiight

gonna steal my parents' car and make the 24 hour drive out to Antioch with Fynal, Justcause, and hopefully Firo

Inb4 Champaign-Urbana takes the top 4 spots

MIDWEST REPRESENT

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Aiight

gonna steal my parents' car and make the 24 hour drive out to Antioch with Fynal, Justcause, and hopefully Firo

Inb4 Champaign-Urbana takes the top 4 spots

MIDWEST REPRESENT
yo, battlecow, lest play next month when I'm in Chicago. it'll give u guys a good idea how you'll stack up against the norcal smashers :)

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Darth: The AZ crew is coming. For sure ColtMaster, B-Rex, and I are coming. Coltmaster has a brother and a cousin who *might* come. Have you already booked rooms? If so PM me the details. When is everyone heading down/leaving? B-Rex and I are flying in.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Darth: The AZ crew is coming. For sure ColtMaster, B-Rex, and I are coming. Coltmaster has a brother and a cousin who *might* come. Have you already booked rooms? If so PM me the details. When is everyone heading down/leaving? B-Rex and I are flying in.

i live in the area, so i don't need to book a room lol

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i know im not a prominent ssb community member of sorts but i would LOVE to play some MORE console smash 64. i just got back from ACen like 15mins ago (annual anime convention in Rosemont,IL [chicago suburb]) and i played smash 64 (mostly the japanese version)on console almost as much as i could so this made me REALLY want to go to genesis 2.

i will for sure definatly go so long as i can get some housing or some 64 smashers to split a room with. im pretty chill, i dont snore; and, like everyone else here, i LOVE smash 64.

please pm me if you would provide housing or are interested in splitting on a room, i can talk on skype or chat on any instant messenger.

thanks.

Battlecow

Play to Win
yo, battlecow, lest play next month when I'm in Chicago. it'll give u guys a good idea how you'll stack up against the norcal smashers :)
Already played a couple of the norcal smashers when I was down in your neck of the woods. Modesty forbids me from explaining how badly my mad controllerskillz wrecked them.

In all seriousness, though, I don't think I have the 6 hours of driving in me. If you wanna come down to C-U, however, and play the real Illinois smashers- me and Firo (actually Firo might be elsewhere for the summer NEVER MIND)- you're more than welcome.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Already played a couple of the norcal smashers when I was down in your neck of the woods. Modesty forbids me from explaining how badly my mad controllerskillz wrecked them.

In all seriousness, though, I don't think I have the 6 hours of driving in me. If you wanna come down to C-U, however, and play the real Illinois smashers- me and Firo (actually Firo might be elsewhere for the summer NEVER MIND)- you're more than welcome.
Of all ssb events to go to I would say this is the one you dont wanna miss. :(

Battlecow

Play to Win
No, no, I'm still coming to Genesis. I'm talking about the Chicago Smashfest that Darth has in the works.

malva00

Smash Master
IMPORTANT NEWS

anyone who is coming for SSB should try their best to bring consoles and cartridges. this way most of us will not have to spend the majority of the tournament watching other people play.

(5:03:21 PM) Isai Alvarado: so if we bring 64s and games
(5:03:25 PM) Isai Alvarado: there will be TVs for them?
(5:04:48 PM) osidefxo: yeap yeap

so there you have it. I'm bringing my n64 and game. tell everyone you know who is coming to bring his or HERS

sidefx

Smash Champion
pleeeeeeeeease bring your consoles/games

we are relying on the 64 community to show up with their consoles so the 64 portion of the tournament can be ran smoothly and efficiently as possible =D

and dont forget to pre-reg!! its mandatory and the deadline is june 30th!

you can find all the info on www.genesisdbr.com

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
No, no, I'm still coming to Genesis. I'm talking about the Chicago Smashfest that Darth has in the works.
:) cool mm?

IMPORTANT NEWS

anyone who is coming for SSB should try their best to bring consoles and cartridges. this way most of us will not have to spend the majority of the tournament watching other people play.

(5:03:21 PM) Isai Alvarado: so if we bring 64s and games
(5:03:25 PM) Isai Alvarado: there will be TVs for them?
(5:04:48 PM) osidefxo: yeap yeap

so there you have it. I'm bringing my n64 and game. tell everyone you know who is coming to bring his or HERS
I maybe able to bring 3 N64s and 3 copys of ssb as will as vsr and tapes for recording, but we will see how much I wanna take with me. For sure everyone will have to bring controllers.

smakis

Smash Ace
I'll be there, though I won't play 64 much and I doubt you would want me to bring pal stuff ; )

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
pal stuff? Anyone here play Tetris Attack? I want to bring that too. I also have the Panel de Pon cartridge o.O How many people can say they have played on that?

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Im thinking of making a list of everyone I wanna mm also I will be trying to record all the matches that both me and Kefit play for us to put on youtube. Other thing we should all do is take a big group pic of everyone XD

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
If I can get into a smash 64 hotel room or smash 64 housing, I'm guaranteeing that you guys will have another 64 smasher there, me.

I would bring my 64 (which would be fully case modded by then) with Japanese (works fine on U.S. systems) and U.S. carts +controllers.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
[edit: got rid of stuff that didn't matter]

Has anyone talked about doubles? Like who's gonna team with who or people who are looking for a teammate?

...Or is this entire thread about a smashfest outside of the genesis 64 tournament?

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
I have 2 N64 and 2 SSB that i could bring for Genesis 2 but both systems keep "restarting" randomly and I have already tried changing the power supply but it still happens, which makes me angry face + sad face.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
List updated as of 6/01/11

BHLMRO
Isai
SuPeRbOoMfAn
Darth Rancorous
Soupamario
Blade689
dookdigity
blonde
TheRealColtMaster
Jel
Kefit
B-Rex
Fuzzyness
Tigerbombz
JaimeHR

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
i know im not a prominent ssb community member of sorts but i would LOVE to play some MORE console smash 64. i just got back from ACen like 15mins ago (annual anime convention in Rosemont,IL [chicago suburb]) and i played smash 64 (mostly the japanese version)on console almost as much as i could so this made me REALLY want to go to genesis 2.

i will for sure definatly go so long as i can get some housing or some 64 smashers to split a room with. im pretty chill, i dont snore; and, like everyone else here, i LOVE smash 64.

please pm me if you would provide housing or are interested in splitting on a room, i can talk on skype or chat on any instant messenger.

thanks.
i might be able to provide housing, but it all depends on how my trip to Chi-town turns out in a couple of weeks :p

haha, u definitely lucked out. im pretty sure my samus wouldve given u a run for ur money.

since i wont have a car, and a taxi ride would be super expensive, i'll have to pass, but thanks for the offer. i guess we'll just have to play when ur in cali.

List updated as of 5/28/11

BHLMRO
Isai
SuPeRbOoMfAn
Darth Rancorous
Surri-Sama
Soupamario
Blade689
dookdigity
blonde
TheRealColtMaster
Jel
Kefit
B-Rex
Fuzzyness
Tigerbombz
JamimeHR
this list does not include the inactive norcal players that will be attending. theres like 4 more guys going :bee:

Top Bottom