• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 - Who's going?/Smash 64 Group Discussion

Zantetsu

Smash Master
All information here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284863

Genesis 2 will be the biggest Smash 64 community get-together ever. There has been big Smash 64 events in the past, but most of them were limited to their area.. But not Genesis 2. Genesis 2 will have smashers from all over America, Canada, Europe, and many other places.

We have all heard this before. Online play doesn't show true skill. Lets face it, online play has many issues when it comes compared to online play. We have input lag, frame rate lag, lag spikes, a range of custom controllers with crazy deadzone ranges, DS'ing, and so much more. Here at Genesis 2, that is all gone. Nothing is stopping you from playing the best Smash 64 games ever. It's just you, the players you all know, a Nintendo 64, and a TV. All of the cons of online play exist no more here at Genesis 2 and you can put your true skill to the test.

Lots of footage will be recorded, both matches and of the community. These will be compiled into a long montage for everyone to view. But honestly, these videos won't show everything. They may even miss the biggest parts. This is why you must be here. Who knows if the Smash 64 community will be together like this ever again? Why miss, what might be, your only chance of meeting the community in reality? The tournament is in July, so there's plenty of time to save up and plan.

If you are 100% sure you can attend, let me know in this thread. I want an accurate number of people who will be going. More people, more hype :)

Confirmed list of attendees as of July 1st:
$heen
afloodedmind
B-Rex
Bladewise
Darth Rancorous
dookdigity
Drunk-E-Ness
evil ducky
HarryPonting
Isai
JaimeHR
Jel
Kefit
KnitePhox
Meta
Nathan (need to pay venue fee still)
Onski
samsonites
SuPeRbOoMfAn
TheSaberGuy
Tigerbombz

*There will not be a list of possible attendees because anyone can say they "might" go. It's just too much of a pain to write down all of those people.

malva00

Smash Master
superboom is going if there's SSB, so you should be going too

Frog said he'd go if SheerMadness goes, then I said "that means I just gotta buy his ticket and you will come" then Frog said SheerMadness has to buy it on his own -___-

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'll be going if i have enough saved up by then. i'll try to bring gerry, too.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I just graduated college this summer. I have no job/money yet.

Way too early to be thinking about going to this. Plus I don't like spending large amounts of money on smash (never been to an OOS tourney).

But I would like to go to atleast 1 OOS tourney in my smash career. So if I find a decent job it's a possibility.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I'm going to California next summer, so normally I am going to Genesis 2. =D

GET HYPE FOR MY AWESOME RED FALCON WHO DOES RANDOM PIVOTS FOR NO REASON!!!

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I might go if isai and superboom go.
Oh I just remembered about in n out...so good.

Frog said he'd go if SheerMadness goes, then I said "that means I just gotta buy his ticket and you will come" then Frog said SheerMadness has to buy it on his own -___-
yeah I'll be going to this. Can't wait to see isai and will again woo.
Will with all you guys going looks like this is something I have to go to. If I go I will get Kefit to come.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
This is long enough away that i might be able to go hah..

I've been looking for a big tourney (dont wanna pay for a trip otherwise..duh) and this seems to be the best bet xP

Battlecow

Play to Win
"You just had to be there.

No other way to explain it, really. For those that had the pleasure of attending our inaugural event, there is no way to truly express or elucidate all that Genesis encompassed with mere words. Sure, one can mention certain aspects of that incredible three-day event, trying to explain their experience through individual memories. But all that truly does is distill the experience..."

I saw the vids, but unless the second coming occurred there and nobody told me, someone has a severe case of the grandiloquent self-aggrandizees.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
since antioch is like 30 mins from where i live, ill definitely be going.

also, since i dont have my own place i am willing to book a hotel (just one room for the entire 3-day event) if people from out of state come (i.e. Washington, Canada, east coast).

also, i can provide rides to/from airport/hotel/venue/wherever

so, after that, whos else is coming???

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
since antioch is like 30 mins from where i live, ill definitely be going.

also, since i dont have my own place i am willing to book a hotel (just one room for the entire 3-day event) if people from out of state come (i.e. Washington, Canada, east coast).

also, i can provide rides to/from airport/hotel/venue/wherever

so, after that, whos else is coming???
This is still really far away, but both me and Kefit may go as long as there is N64 and both Isai, and SuPeRbOoM go. We can do another Darth Rancorous smash fest at the hotel also may need two rooms I can help pay for it also will be takeing you up on the rides as will :)

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
This is still really far away, but both me and Kefit may go as long as there is N64 and both Isai, and SuPeRbOoM go. We can do another Darth Rancorous smash fest at the hotel also may need two rooms I can help pay for it also will be takeing you up on the rides as will :)
sounds good to me :bee:

let me know before u book ur flight and hotel so i can let u know the best airport/time to fly in/out.

Frogles

Smash Ace

lawl i said that cause sheer said he doesnt travel to tourneys either. not really serious ~_~.

but a year is a long time. maybe ill change my mind. :O

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Can anyone provide housing? :confused:
i dont think anyone up in norcal is able to house people. but, i did say that i would book a hotel room for any smash 64 players :)

i'll definitely need to share a hotel with someone, anyone know what the closest airport would be?
the closest airport is Oakland International Airport. i am willing to provide rides. just let me know what time ur thinkin about booking ur flight before u actually book it. i dont wanna have to make multiple trips back and forth to and from the airport :p

MATTS!

Smash Ace
hmmm....

I might go. But I would need some place to Sleep and eat food and be lazy. Can I stay at anybodys house or some ****?

Plus I'll win the whole thing, and everybody can see the great MATTS!.

We can Cap everybodys ***.

PWNED.

The Great MATTS!

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
hmmm....

I might go. But I would need some place to Sleep and eat food and be lazy. Can I stay at anybodys house or some ****?

Plus I'll win the whole thing, and everybody can see the great MATTS!.

We can Cap everybodys ***.

PWNED.

The Great MATTS!
read my previous posts.

also, OH MY GAWD!!! the Great MATTS! might be coming to this?! i need to start training! hey malva, do u think isai might want to train for genesis 2? i need to be in top shape so i dont get totally ***** by MATTS!

also, we should prolly start an attendance list. hey BHLMRO, do u think u can start an attendance list on the OP? this will give us a rough estimate on how many people are coming and how many rooms we'll need to house everyone.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
i'll go if isai, boom, alancitu, jousuke, maltfox and the best player from africa antarctica and australia go.

/moneyjohns

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
i dont think anyone up in norcal is able to house people. but, i did say that i would book a hotel room for any smash 64 players :)

the closest airport is Oakland International Airport. i am willing to provide rides. just let me know what time ur thinkin about booking ur flight before u actually book it. i dont wanna have to make multiple trips back and forth to and from the airport :p
Ya you will need to book a hotel for this with all the players that may come we may need 3 rooms now lol

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I'll get top 8 at smash 64 at Genesis 2. You heard it first here!

Mahie and Craiigg will give me intense training every day. =D
Nobody cares about players who finish 7th-8th in a tourney, you should aim for a higher target, like beating isai and boom... xP!

edit: good luck, but seeing all the players who can probably go, you'll get a hard time trying to get a good result.

Top Bottom