• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 Info Dump!: Pre-Genesis; players are arriving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oni Nick

Smash Rookie
It's seriously funny to see how people still think mango is better.

I haven't seen GF, but if it ended 3-2 then it seems like a close set to me. Why would mango wanna lose to armada anyway? It's absurd to think that he let him win, then you could also say that armada let pp win last time and that he lost to mango on purpose at genesis 1.

But to those of you who say that it's clear to see that mango's the better player, what it is that makes it so damn obvious? Because to me it seems like Armada and Mango are almost equally good, only Armada won this time. Congratulations, Armada! :D

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Super Congrats to Armada, a lot of effort put in, well deserved.

Amazing placement by Taj, cannot be believe.

hope to see videos soon

Samochan

Smash Master
Anyone who'd look at results would see Armada being much more consistent than any other player thus far. In the face of making power rankings out of major international tournaments such as this, Armada would easily come out on top with both attendance and record wise, being as consistent as he is. And consistency is one of the key points in power rankings. Who cares if Mango once in a blue moon decides to get serious again while otherwise he's piss drunk, that wouldn't warrant a top spot in any rankings. Such "what-if's" won't impress anyone, one either plays or not. Mango was good yes, but at the moment Armada is just better and in order for Mango to catch up again, he needs to actually do something about it. Then the other party uses ssbm winnings as a means of income for his summer, you know this person must be pretty good lol.

Fletch

Smash Master
Congratulations to Armada, he deserved the win after coming close for so long. I figured Mango would need that loss he suffered to Taj early, and it looked like it came back to haunt him... would have been more interesting if they met each other without losses, but nothing to take away from Armada, he played flawlessly.

Congratulations to Taj, coming out of complete nowhere for 3rd, absolutely incredible.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mango said in his interview that whoever plays Armada in GF should let him win. If Mango wanted to win he could have just played more like PP, he clearly didn't want to do that. Mango is still the best and the people who KNOW this game KNOW that Mango is hands down better than Armada and if Mango tried he would have absolutely won this tournament. I'm not even going to congratulate Armada because although the bracket says he won, and Mango acted like he was trying, he still could not beat Mango in a real set. Its been so long since Mango has had to try I think he forgot how.
You've been the most clever troll out of 3 days, congratulation for that first place.

M@v

Subarashii!
Melee players trolling Brawl are getting boring. We're in 2011, just grow up. We've already heard all the bs you've been saying. Even when Brawl's commentator gives us information on their stream about Armada Vs Mango, some childish morons thank him by talking **** about Brawl. They leave us alone, so don't be a ****, and let them play their game.

Thissssssssssssssssssss

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Anyone who'd look at results would see Armada being much more consistent than any other player thus far. In the face of making power rankings out of major international tournaments such as this, Armada would easily come out on top with both attendance and record wise, being as consistent as he is. And consistency is one of the key points in power rankings. Who cares if Mango once in a blue moon decides to get serious again while otherwise he's piss drunk, that wouldn't warrant a top spot in any rankings. Such "what-if's" won't impress anyone, one either plays or not. Mango was good yes, but at the moment Armada is just better and in order for Mango to catch up again, he needs to actually do something about it. Then the other party uses ssbm winnings as a means of income for his summer, you know this person must be pretty good lol.

actually if you look at the results where mango actually gave a ***, so ignore his bull**** scorpion master sht at apex, and him not giving a *** at p5, mango has 2 big international victories (genesis1 and pound 4) whereas armada just has genesis2. So if u wanna talk results mango would still be the best.

personally I feel that in terms of skill lvl they are basically even. However, maybe its cause i like space animals better or the fact that mango can beat hbox without resorting to camping/timing him out, id give a slight edge to Mango.

That said, Armada is definitively gets the title of champion of melee and congrats to him for finally winning an American tourny, but as it stands they are 1-1 so they need to duke it out again before anyone can claim one player completely better than the other.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
actually if you look at the results where mango actually gave a ***, so ignore his bull**** scorpion master sht at apex, and him not giving a *** at p5, mango has 2 big international victories (genesis1 and pound 4) whereas armada just has genesis2. So if u wanna talk results mango would still be the best. .
you do realise ken has standed up for 7 years? why talking about the past when armada won the very last tournament that happenned yesterday? You seem just like a mango fanatist.

Ken would be the best if you want to insist on this weak argument

Van.

Smash Ace
As much as I hate to admit it, ARmada is the best right now.

But for what its worth, I think that if Mango was playing for 1st place prize money that would get him a surgery to cure a disease and save his life and ****, he would have won.

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
personally I feel that in terms of skill lvl they are basically even. However, maybe its cause i like space animals better or the fact that mango can beat hbox without resorting to camping/timing him out, id give a slight edge to Mango.
Yes but... the only thing that matters is winning, whether you do it by timing out or playing aggressively :ohwell:

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
actually if you look at the results where mango actually gave a ***, so ignore his bull**** scorpion master sht at apex, and him not giving a *** at p5, mango has 2 big international victories (genesis1 and pound 4) whereas armada just has genesis2. So if u wanna talk results mango would still be the best.

That said, Armada is definitively gets the title of champion of melee and congrats to him for finally winning an American tourny, but as it stands they are 1-1 so they need to duke it out again before anyone can claim one player completely better than the other.
They might be 1-1, but Mango's last win against Armada was two years ago(and even then Armada was one nair away from winning everything without losing a set), and to me it looks kind of desperate to bring up such an old set to argue Mango as the best player of the two. Until you prove otherwise, Armada is now the best player after beating the former champions. If you even got a little sportsmanship, you would accept that.

Your personal opinion is one thing, but tournament results are what matters. Now it's your turn to defend the title Europe-wise: By actually winning, and not using johns as excuses for losing to Europeans, that sh*t is just low. Now get your arses to Europe for once =)

No flaming please.

elder189

Smash Rookie
good **** armada. i was rooting for mango but he said he would quit sandbagging so there should be no johns.

TAJ though im impressed! :D does anyone know if he used mewtwo at all after his match against armada? or did he stick with marth?

T.J.

Smash Apprentice
Soooooooo freakin happy Armada won ^_^
So hyped at the results too, looks pretty jumbled, a lot of people can step up and surprise us now, which is amazing.
I fell asleep during stream though =/ did it get recorded? or does own3d not do that?

LLDL

Smash Hero
This may indeed be incorrect but

1: Armada
2: Mango
3: Taj
4: Hungrybox
5: Mew2King
5: Shroomed
7: S2J
7: Dr Peepee
9: Silent Wolf
9: MacD
9: Hax
9: Wobbles
13: Lucien
13: SilentSpectre
13: Fly Amanita
13: Lovage
17: Atma
17: SFAT
17: Kage the Warrior
17: Dart
17: HugS
17: DoH
17: Axe
17: Shoyo
25: Lucky
25: Bizzaro Flame
25: Larry Lurr
25: Leffen
25: Eddy Mexico
25: Fuzzyness
25: PewPewU
25: HomeMadeWaffles

Composeur

Smash Ace
I am an American and I say ****ing congratulations to AR for finally getting the victory he deserved. He's prepared for these tournaments--mentally, strategically, and technically--for months. He's flown halfway around the world and dealt with so much bull**** character hate and stupid regional bias four times now. He's learned to play on NTSC, a less-balanced version of the game that offers significant advantages to most of the high-tier characters he doesn't play, a courtesy no top American players (to my knowledge) have bothered to afford Europeans on PAL version. He has NOT ONCE johned for himself about these version differences (or in any other way, to my recollection), even though they represent only a fraction of the gameplay he's experienced. He's maintained a positive attitude and had faith in his own abilities, despite people continually johning for his opponents when he wins and cheering against him when he loses.

I know he's not an American or a native English speaker, and I know he plays Peach, but who cares? Can we PLEASE just give the kid credit where it's long due? No other top player has shown his level of dedication to this game in such objectively demonstrable ways. Let's stop diminishing all his efforts and, finally, this huge personal and competitive triumph for him by complaining about it or making excuses for his opponents. (If mang0 really wants to win, then let him show it by not getting ****faced the night before GFs every time. Btw, what moron keeps buying booze for his underage ***?)

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS, Armada! Like it or not, Europe's victory here is a watershed moment for SSBM.

Lit

Smash Ace
Thank god i didnt stay up to watch GF. I would of been hella pissed if i did.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Who knows, maybe the outcome would have been different if you did watch :p

BigWenz

Smash Ace
you do realise ken has standed up for 7 years? why talking about the past when armada won the very last tournament that happenned yesterday? You seem just like a mango fanatist.

Ken would be the best if you want to insist on this weak argument

1 we arent talking about ken,

2 thats was a completely different era of smash. The game was played completely differnt. And If you think that has nothing to do w/anything then their is no point in even trying to continue this argument.

3. you clearly cant read cause i said they were even so i dont know how that qualifies me as a mango fanboy.

4 I only brought up genesis 1 and p4 because the person i was replying to said consistent tourny placings so we clearly referring to past events. *******.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
They might be 1-1, but Mango's last win against Armada was two years ago(and even then Armada was one nair away from winning everything without losing a set), and to me it looks kind of desperate to bring up such an old set to argue Mango as the best player of the two. Until you prove otherwise, Armada is now the best player after beating the former champions. If you even got a little sportsmanship, you would accept that.

Your personal opinion is one thing, but tournament results are what matters. Now it's your turn to defend the title Europe-wise: By actually winning, and not using johns as excuses for losing to Europeans, that sh*t is just low. Now get your arses to Europe for once =)

No flaming please.

im not arguing that armada isnt the current champion. this is fact, he just won genesis 2. my point is I dont see either of them being truly better than the other. After genesis 1, i didn think mango was better than Armada. Theirs a difference between being crowned the champion and being better than somebody cause after all on any given day anybody can lose but that doesnt necessarily make that person that won the better player. Case in point, PP getting 2-0'd by taj. Not to say taj isnt a great player but i dont think anyone would venture to say PP<taj just from that one set.

Lit

Smash Ace
Who knows, maybe the outcome would have been different if you did watch :p
Dont think so, i have no influence on how armada plays. This is prolly the worst results ever in melee history. That last national champion placed 7th? Really? Usually when some one new Beats the previous champ everyone is hype such as Azen, PC Chris, Mango, Dr. PP. But a peach player and to add that he isn't even from the US. Yea I'm glad i didn't stay up to watch this...

LLDL

Smash Hero
To be fair, Armada doesn't play like any other peach. I hate watching ALL peach players, except Armada. There are points on the stream where I forget he is playing with peach, and I think he's like a spacie or something. I agree though, lower level peaches don't have my respect at all, but Armada does.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Dont think so, i have no influence on how armada plays. This is prolly the worst results ever in melee history. That last national champion placed 7th? Really? Usually when some one new Beats the previous champ everyone is hype such as Azen, PC Chris, Mango, Dr. PP. But a peach player and to add that he isn't even from the US. Yea I'm glad i didn't stay up to watch this...
LOL At the lack of congrulation and also the USA saltyness, these kind of posts make me feel good about Armada's victory...

I would really like to see USA people performance on PAL since all high tiers have the moveset advantages against peach, see if there are any differences in results

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
any word on teams results?
1) Mango Lucky
2) Peepee M2K
3) Hax HBox
4) Armada Aniolas

I don't have further information though.

This is prolly the worst results ever in melee history. That last national champion placed 7th? Really? Usually when some one new Beats the previous champ everyone is hype such as Azen, PC Chris, Mango, Dr. PP. But a peach player and to add that he isn't even from the US. Yea I'm glad i didn't stay up to watch this...
You're saying nonsense. Here's a happy Smurf for your sad person:

Winnar

Smash Lord
LOL At the lack of congrulation and also the USA saltyness, these kind of posts make me feel good about Armada's victory...

I would really like to see USA people performance on PAL since all high tiers have the moveset advantages against peach, see if there are any differences in results
I think most Americans have been happy to see Armada win. I know I was ecstatic with the way the whole tournament played out (despite the stream). Hopefully next time DBR will get their **** together with the livestream.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
good **** armada. i was rooting for mango but he said he would quit sandbagging so there should be no johns.

TAJ though im impressed! :D does anyone know if he used mewtwo at all after his match against armada? or did he stick with marth?
Game 1 and 2 Mewtwo, 3 was Marth
Apparently he fell out of his seat laughing in the last game haha

Avery

Smash Cadet
Mango is my favorite smasher (gameplay wise). However, Im really happy Armada took this, as pretty much anyone with sense has said: he completely deserved it.
Cant believe people can be upset about something like Armada winning, regardless of their biases.
Yeah hes foreign, and yeah hes a peach main. After flying here numerous times to play us and ALWAYS providing high entertainment matches, the guy deserves credit where credit is due.

Plus you know 95% of us will be cheering for him whenever his opponent is hbox.

To all the mango fanboys: He's lost now. After reinventing himself, after training recently. John for him forever, keep arguing about who #1 is.
It doesnt change anything, but there is a bright side.
We all know Mang0's demeanor, he wont take this lightly, and this wont be the last time these two giants meet in a grand finals.
Mango came with something to prove, and he did not meet his goal. And I for one know better than to think he will allow himself to be considered "possibly second".

So much hate/ignorance on these forums.
<3 USA, <3 EUROPE.

Also, Taj is a ****ing monster. Only mad respect for his performance and placing yesterday!

SummerSpeedyMix

Smash Apprentice
Since so many people are raging, instead of looking at this as a loss, look at it as motivation for next time. Anyway, good **** to everyone.

(Also, shoutouts to mattdotzeb for texting me updates for when the stream was down so that I was able to inform the stream chat of what was happening at times :) )

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!
If Mang0 won Genesis 2 he would have just went back to getting drunk dont give a damn ****ing up Mang0 and that would be a BAD THING!!!!! these results are so good for the community Armada won first he deserved it kid has mad heart and Mang0 tried his heart out and got second so hes gonna stay as the Mang0 that we all know and love and taj got 3rd a huge step for the Marths in the metagame!!! Blessing from god if you ask me

ps =( @ Dr.peepee taken a fall from grace

Smash Apprentice
Mango is my favorite smasher (gameplay wise). However, Im really happy Armada took this, as pretty much anyone with sense has said: he completely deserved it.
Cant believe people can be upset about something like Armada winning, regardless of their biases.
Yeah hes foreign, and yeah hes a peach main. After flying here numerous times to play us and ALWAYS providing high entertainment matches, the guy deserves credit where credit is due.

Plus you know 95% of us will be cheering for him whenever his opponent is hbox.

To all the mango fanboys: He's lost now. After reinventing himself, after training recently. John for him forever, keep arguing about who #1 is.
It doesnt change anything, but there is a bright side.
We all know Mang0's demeanor, he wont take this lightly, and this wont be the last time these two giants meet in a grand finals.
Mango came with something to prove, and he did not meet his goal. And I for one know better than to think he will allow himself to be considered "possibly second".

So much hate/ignorance on these forums.
<3 USA, <3 EUROPE.

Also, Taj is a ****ing monster. Only mad respect for his performance and placing yesterday!
I agree, all morning I have been looking at the discussion and it's so much hate for no reason. What's wrong with people having an opinion. It's just like any sport, people have who they like and dislike.

..I bet the community would be alot better if it weren't for people wanting to dislike each other all the time.

GG Europe and GG America, gives us both a reason to practice more!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
..I bet the community the world would be alot better if it weren't for people wanting to dislike each other all the time.
~_~
It is pretty disheartening to see so much hate though
Similar thing happened to Azen in one of his tournaments where he placed 1st without going through Ken ... whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom